[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://steamcommunity.com/games/59 3110/announcements/detai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: fb_share[1].png (92KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
fb_share[1].png
92KB, 1200x630px
https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1301948399254001159

Valve just killed key resellers and is now forcing us into pricing. Who glad Devuno is getting destroyed here?
>>
File: smug ai.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
smug ai.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
>>375940027
>key resellers
>giving a fuck about steam gifts
You can't touch G2A, Jew. It's invincible because its operation is based on a basic consumer right to sell and resell the shit you buy.
>>
>>375940169
Okay, but tell that to Valve. They have killed it in a multitude of ways if you took the 3 seconds to read the article.

I'm not even on their side, I liked cheap games from g2a.
>>
>>375940250
>They have killed it
M8, nobody buys or sells Steam gifts on G2A, people sell and buy keys and Valve can't do shit about this unless they literally prohibit selling keys anywhere outside their store and even then it wouldn't help, as people would STILL resell keys bought during Steam sales.

Think with your dumb head for a moment.
>>
>>375940027
>Devuno is getting destroyed

Where's Nier?
>>
>>375940027
We'll see how it affects sellers that give the games through gifts versus sellers that give keys. From what little I've seen it targets giving gifts from different regions or some shit?
>>
File: mydumbhead.jpg (1011KB, 1684x981px)
mydumbhead.jpg
1011KB, 1684x981px
>>375940456
>>
File: 1489625732544.jpg (38KB, 636x705px) Image search: [Google]
1489625732544.jpg
38KB, 636x705px
>buying games
>using STEAM

top kek m8
>>
>>375940456
>can't resell keys from cheaper regions in more expensive ones anymore
It doesn't kill g2a but it kicks their profits in the balls.
>>
>>375940027
Get a job
>>
>>375940606
You cannot put a gift in your inventory at all anymore, nor can you activate shit from a region with pricing differences than yours.
>>
>>375940027
I fail to see how this changes anything.
>>
>>375940709
Nice cherrypicking. For pretty much every game most of the sale offers are keys with very few offers being Steam gifts. Yes, technically people sell both keys and gifts on G2A, but gifts are nowhere near as popular and even if selling gifts will no longer be possible, people will just switch to keys exclusively.
>>
>>375940805
Could a seller use a vpn so show up in the appropriate region? Which is how they are getting keys for a cheaper price to begin with?
>>
>>375940785
G2A's profits are generated from people using their platform as a marketplace to sell and buy shit. if people are no longer able to sell gifts, they will just sell keys. Nobody will notice anything: neither the buyers, nor G2A.
>>
G2A will still exist but the "regional pricing" excuse is gone now and they will now be more exposed as a stolen credit card laundering site.
>>
>buying gifts
>>
>>375940849
>I fail to see how this changes anything.

Then you're a dumb fuck who can't understand simple shit.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (854KB, 1684x981px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
854KB, 1684x981px
>>375941009
>Cherry picking

Are you retarded? I went to G2A's FRONT PAGE, and clicked the first thing I saw.

Here is GTA5, also on the front page. I guess you can call it "cherry picking" if I just pick things from the front page and over half of them are like this though, right you fucking dense cunt?
>>
>>375941048
Yes, but you can ban VPN's.
>>
>>375941298
>People with over 1 million keys sold
>99% approval rating
>j-just stolen credit cards! please shit in my mouth some more totalbiscuit!
>>
Someone explain how this affects anything

Gifts have been region locked for a long time now
>>
>>375941474
Then why wouldn't they have done this already?
>>
>>375941298
If this is such a problem like you people keep saying it is why hasn't the FBI done anything about it?
>>
>>375940027
>Valve just killed key resellers
How?
Every time I bought a game outside of Steam I got a key that I could activate, not a gift.
>>
>>375941365
What did you click? Tell me, because for every game I've ever seen being sold there or bought personally there were way more key offers than gifts.
>>
>>375941551
Because they didn't feel like it, but it's right there in the ToS, and from a technical standpoint it is very easy to do. I guess they figure not enough people are exploiting it to make a stink about it.
>>
File: Marketplace.png (2MB, 987x966px) Image search: [Google]
Marketplace.png
2MB, 987x966px
>>375941365
Have you tried clicking other things on frontpage? Only GTAV has steamgifts-only offers. What is it if not cherrypicking? Not to mention I can get a CD Key from plethora of other sites if I don't find one on G2A
>>
>>375940456
>M8, nobody buys or sells Steam gifts on G2A, people sell and buy keys
if you actually used g2a you'd know this is utter bullshit
for a good amount of games the cheapest option is a steam gift
>>
>>375941362
No, YOU'RE the dumbfuck trying to overcomplicate things that are actually simple. This changes nothing.
>>
>>375941632
Are you an idiot? I just said that was GTA5. The first one was Ark.
>>
>>375941362
Guy fails to see it but you can't elaborate why makes you look dumb
>>
>>375941760
>for a good amount of games the cheapest option is a steam gift
This is objectively wrong simply based on the fact that there are very few games that offer gift options in the first place.
>>
>>375940027
They didn't kill key resellers at all, they use CDKEYS, which are unaffected by the change.

It only affects actual friends across borders, free givaways and reddit gameswaps
>>
>>375941760
I've never once had a game via steam gift rather than cdkey on G2A.
It's probably all shit with stolen creditcards to be sure, but since the publishers feels it's OK to rob me, I don't feel bad about using G2A in the slightest.
>>
>>375941701
I linked two pictures. One was Ark, the other was GTA5. We can go through them all. Outlast 2 has 50/50 keys and gifts. That Battlegrounds is also 50/50 keys and gifts. CS:GO is 50/50 keys and gifts. How about you actually LOOK AT THE DATA ON THE PAGE before you accuse me of "cherry picking," considering all I did was go to the fucking front page and click two things at random, and now I just clicked every single one, and they all support the fact that this will have a huge effect.
>>
>>375941474
No they can't.
They can ban popular endpoints for known VPNs, but you can't 'ban vpns' in general.
>>
>>375942030
>this will have a huge effect.
It won't, because people will just switch to selling and buying keys, how is this hard to understand?
>>
>gifts
who gives a shit
i never a bought a game key that came trough the gift system
>>
>>375941507
>implying I know totalbiscuit
>99% approval rating from Buyers
G2A shill
>>375941571
>FBI
Because this is cross-border
>>
>>375942217
If anything G2A is rubbing their hands together with glee, they just got a shitloads of new customers...
>>
>>375942217
>People will just somehow get more of a limited resource once the unlimited resource no longer exist. How is this hard to understand.

Because I have a basic understanding of economics? Gifts are unlimited. Keys are not. Removing gifts does not increase the supply of keys, it just decreases potential revenue.
>>
>>375942120
If you want to be a pedantic shit sure, but they can in fact make sure you cannot use a VPN to purchase or ban you for having done so, which is all that we are concerned with here. Not the literal technical definition of a VPN and why they can't "ban VPN's"
>>
>>375941694
We'll see sooner or later I guess.
>>
>>375942323
So is South America, but the FBI has jurisdiction to investigate and act internationally if it's effecting a bunch of American citizens, like investigating a huge company committing massive amounts of credit card fraud. Have you ever heard of extradition?
>>
>>375942349
>Gifts are unlimited keys are not
This is wrong.
Gifts are just locked, abstracted keys.

There are countless examples of people buying a game off the Steam Store directly and not getting a key since Valve/Steam actually ran out.

The fact that many publishers now have their own webstores that hand out steam cdkeys, makes this essentially unlimited too, outside of EA (Origin) and Rockstar (R*WH) Ubisoft has Uplay but they also sell steam cdkeys to resellers direct too, so they're also 'unlimited'
>>
>>375942450
Well I forgot this was /v/, not /g/. some of us have our own VPNs and aren't relying on third parties for 'vpn services' (but rather are relying on cloud/vps solutions)
>>
>>375942641
>Gifts are just locked, abstracted keys.

And that is why they are unlimited. You can generate more keys. You can always generate more, even of the ones I'm claiming are limited. The important aspect here though is gifts are generated at such a rate that the supply is essentially unlimited, and keys from other sources like physical sources, for steam, are not. Those other sources are irrelevant because they do not account for a meaningful amount of the sales compared to steam, so the question is can you replace all the gifts on g2a with keys, and the answer is no. There is no way to obtain them, therefore they are limited. You can however obtain essentially an infinite amount of gifts, because even if they run out they will just generate more on the fly because of the low overhead.
>>
>>375942552
>but the FBI has jurisdiction to investigate and act internationally if it's effecting a bunch of American citizens
The ones getting fucked here are not your normal american citizens. You really are oblivious how the world works.

>Have you ever heard of extradition?
Like they will extradite random small time credit card peddlers.

And check who's the biggest market for stolen credit cards and if you still don't understand why they are powerless then just maybe ask your supervisor to give you more for shilling for G2A?
>>
>>375943129

>And check who's the biggest market for stolen credit cards

Considering you didn't give me an answer, I Googled it, and Google told me Americans first and Western Europeans so nothing I said changed at all unless you have some source to support the bullshit you are spouting.

I think you are the one who is oblivious to how the world works.
>>
>>375942937
cdkeys are also unlimited for the most part.
Like I said, most every publisher had their own online store that gives out raw cdkeys.

>You can however obtain essentially an infinite amount of gifts, because even if they run out they will just generate more on the fly because of the low overhead.
That's also not how it works, red tape and bureaucracy hurt that system just the same.

If a game can be given 'unlimited' keys for Gifts on th steam store, then the Publisher cna issue unlimited steam cdkeys on their own store, which nets them more money, since the overheads are lower for cdkeys.

My overall point is - This won't hurt G2A, this only hurts people who are either
- Genuine friends in western nations but serpated across borders
- Giveaways
- Reddit /r/SteamGameSwap/
>>
Lol at poorfags whining they will no longer be able to save $1.50 by buying gifts from G2A.

No one gives a shit. Get a fucking a job or start pirating.
>>
>>375942794
>implying your vps isn't in the same datacenter and using the same pool of ips as a commercial vpn
>>
>>375943819
>implying i'm not in an ISP dc
>>
They will be using bots to sell their shit.
>>
File: 1465251596627.png (105KB, 540x243px) Image search: [Google]
1465251596627.png
105KB, 540x243px
>>375940027
You can still buy keys though.
>>
They generally only sell keys anyways, gift ones usually cost more.
>>
>>375941173
People make less profit if they can't sell keys from low price regions.
Less profit means less incentive.
Less incentive means less keys.
>>
File: Beach.gif (690KB, 510x510px) Image search: [Google]
Beach.gif
690KB, 510x510px
>Key resellers BTFO
>The article is only about gifting
>Key resellers sell KEYS, no Steam gifts
>>
>>375940740
Not all of us have low enough standards to survive on pirated weebshit.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.