[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>game is hyped up for years >finally releases >not a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_5626.jpg (274KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5626.jpg
274KB, 1920x1200px
>game is hyped up for years
>finally releases
>not a single fucking thread discussing it

Not this time /v/
>>
It was infuriatingly frustrating because the stupid fucking dog was the most unresponsive piece of shit I've ever had to use in a game.
>>
>>375935818
>game hyped up for years
No it wasn't, it was you who was perpetuating the idead that it's hyped.

The game was perfect tho, best sci-fi story in years.
>>
>>375935818
This game was brilliant, despite the low framerate, unresponsive trico and occasionally shit platforming controls. The overall emotion and journey made it worth it. Would it have been better as a movie? Maybe. I'm also kinda disapointed there's no ico or shadow of the colossus story link
>>
File: C9qBpmMXoAEYJUj.jpg orig.jpg (656KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
C9qBpmMXoAEYJUj.jpg orig.jpg
656KB, 3840x2160px
It's good, but Trico's AI make it a mess to play at times. Better than Ico, worse than SotC.
>>
That's how I feel for Oulast 2. Unless I missed the train.
>>
>>375935818
It was GOTY 2016, now we need to move on and talk about new (and obviously worse) videogames
>>
i've seen multiple threads
good game
>>
>>375935818

It is exactly what the game was aiming for. Nothing more, nothing less.

A tale about a boy and a gigantic dog like creature, forming a bound and going through various ordeals till a climatic ending.

It wasn't aiming to be a gigantic game, sandbox like with countless of customizable options, a shit ton of different gameplay mechanics or gimmicks, or a multiplayer options.

Just a nice story with some nice set pieces and simple progression.

It took so long because of development hell that culminate with it's director abandoning Team Ico for good.
>>
>>375935902
>>375936142
I thought the unresponsive ai was intentional to mimic how animals in real life are unresponsive

Also I beat this yesterday and I really don't get it at all wtf happened?
>>
File: mnk688J3cNjsR7vTws7WiWA.jpg (5KB, 225x215px) Image search: [Google]
mnk688J3cNjsR7vTws7WiWA.jpg
5KB, 225x215px
>>375936754
That sounds like an excuse for shitty ai
>>
>>375936839

No the anon you are replying, but it is, and it works.
Trico feels alive, he behaves independently, with barely any influence or control from the player. You can only guide him to do what you want, like how a real animal would behave.

Giving too much control over trico, turning him into just a gameplay tool would remove a lot of his personality and individuality.

Trico behaves and feels like a separated entity, a different character. Not a player extension of the main protagonist
>>
>>375936029
>sci-fi
but that's wrong

>>375936142
>would it have been better as a movie
much better

>>375936839
it is
>>
>>375937131
i dont think any game mechanics should be frustrating, challenging sure, but not frustrating

that said, i havent played it and its only what ive heard from other people
>>
File: 1493404623421.jpg (115KB, 1280x799px) Image search: [Google]
1493404623421.jpg
115KB, 1280x799px
Camera and controls were fucking abysmal. Had to force myself to finish it. Trico is nice, tho.
>>
>>375937131
Yes anon here understands if trico did everything I asked of it perfectly then it wouldn't have felt real half the time it'd just look back at me in confusion like a real animal would and I'd have to laugh, n finally getting it to obey a command felt like a real achievement, added some charm despite the frustration

For real tho wtf was up with that tower
>>
Did you know his name is Trico because it.s the third ICO?
>>
>hyped for years
>not discussed much after the first month at best
Anon, think really hard here. What do you imagine is the reason for this?
>>
>>375936754
I don't mind trico being somewhat unresponsive, there's times where it works, such as in combat when he's distracted and doing his own thing. What's bullshit is those occasions when you're stuck in a room yelling the command and trico isn't doing shit so you think you're doing something wrong. Then eventually trico just randomly does it and you move on to the next room. This is rare though so not too bad
>>
>>375937485
>>375937420

I don't want to be that cock choking faggot, but I never had any issues with ordering Trico around.

A problem I see with people trying to give Trico commands, is that they spam the command buttons like fucking autistic kids.

You need to be patient. Give the order and wait for trico to act. Don't spam the button just because trico is taking too long or not doing exactly what you want on the spot
>>
>>375937131
>>375936754
so basically, the very idea of the game was doomed to be shit regardless.
>>
>>375937598

>did you know gaming facts
>>
did you know it took 10 years to develop the last guardian?
>>
>>375937485
the tower controls birds to kidnap boys and throw them into the processor, they're turned into barrels which then feed the birds... I guess that's it, that's its master plan. Dunno who built all the buildings and why the armoured knights are everywhere though
>>
>>375937749
thats a decent explanation, piqued my interest in the game anyway $0.05 has been deposited to your account
>>
>>375937482
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>375935902
It's easy enough to manipulate if you're not a retard.
>>
It was Duke Nukem Forever 2
>>
>>375937824
We'll in real life I'd have even more difficulty getting an animal to do what I want and knowing that I'd say trico was very forgiving so I wasn't too bothered

I guess the people that dont like the ai have never dealt with a real life animal
>>
>>375935902
The AI gets more responsive the more you play and help him remove spears and pet him.

I guess you're a cold fuck who never even pulled the spears out of him or wiped away the blood.
>>
>>375937824

>opinions

I enjoyed the game. People tend to overreact their feedback regarding the game, calling it the most disappointing shit ever, but that is mostly due to how long the game took to completion and the obligatory comparison of past games, what they did and represent and how comparable something like shadow of the colossus is versus the last guardian.

the last guardian isn't a bad game. It is actually quite good, despise its flaws. It isn't the gigantic, revolution, gaming citizen kane that most were expecting.

And it isn't because it wasn't being made to be something that unique or special. People were the ones creating the hype. Elevating expectations.
>>
>>375937824
But somehow it managed to be a good game.
>>
>>375935818
Was pretty great. I was frustrated early on, but then I "figured it out" and stopped spamming commands at Trico and would wait for him to finish and didn't have an issue again.

Fuck the barrel puzzles on uneven/slanted terrain.
>>
>>375938043
Photoshop incarnate
>>
>>375936142
>Would it have been better as a movie?
No. It uses the gameplay to make YOU feel more connected on a personal level with Trico. I've never been more emotionally connected with an AI character than in this game.
>>
>>375936029
the game was hyped up for years actually.
>>
>>375935818

it was okay but there was really hardly anything to talk about since it's basically just a Disney movie that lets you hit buttons to move things along

pretty disappointing compared to SotC.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.