[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I understand not having weird over the top nonsense and flips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: spear-onhand-large.jpg (87KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
spear-onhand-large.jpg
87KB, 600x525px
I understand not having weird over the top nonsense and flips all over the place but every now and again I get the feeling that From isn't very creative with their movesets.

Take spears for instance, you could twirl it, slash, stab, charge, use it as a staff. But no, all you get is poke and occasionally a harder poke.
>>
>>375930387
>not having weird over the top nonsense and flips all over the place
Did you completely skip DS3 or something?
>>
>>375930387
less is more
its only a hitbox and an animation
>>
>>375930563
ds3 is just for you buddy, go and play your autistic megaman levels
>>
>>375930724
Okay
>>
>>375930387
>twirl
Channeler's Trident one-handed R1
>stab
All the spears
>charge
Pike
>use it as a staff
Pilgrim's Spontoon

Dear anon, please test the fucking weapon before spouting bullshit.
>>
>>375930387
We get halberds for that though
>>
>>375931203
What I'm saying is that a spear is good for more than fucking poking 90%. All that in one moveset is the right way to go. Just fucking reuse the twinblade moveset
>>
>tfw no sexy spear combat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEdG-cwFg4k
>>
File: 1468855422950.png (2KB, 209x215px) Image search: [Google]
1468855422950.png
2KB, 209x215px
>ds1 and ds2
>slow methodical combat
>enemies follow straight patterns making them easy to memorize

>all of a sudden bloodborne

>now every enemy in bb and ds3 is aggressive as fuck, has completely unpredictable combos that can end whenever they feel like it
>combat is now not-anime

I think DS3 is the best game in the series, but goddamn how it annoys me.
>>
>>375932283
>completely unpredictable
For you maybe.
>>
>>375931468
Ds2 santiers spear
>>
>why does this weapon designed exclusively to poke use exclusively pokes
>>
>>375931709

>Spins his spear around
>Flips all over the place
>Swings his spear, a fucking thrusting weapon

What the fuck? Why is he trying to slash with a piercing weapon? And why the fuck isn't he using his massively superior range to his advantage?

One of the worst fight scenes I've ever seen involving a spear.
>>
>>375933475

No, they ARE unpredictable by design. Sometimes enemies stop a combo and do something else. Previous games didn't do this, if a enemy started a combo it would finish it, it wouldn't stop midcombo and do a normal attack.
>>
>>375930387
>twirl it, slash, stab, charge, use it as a staff
You can literaly do all those things with spears in every souls game.
>>
>>375933917
That can be predicted too and you have all the tools you need to evade.
Orphan of Kos cancels animations all the time in his first phase and I never had issues with it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.