[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the biggest thing that made you jaded about video games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

File: 1493540635131.jpg (133KB, 1024x898px) Image search: [Google]
1493540635131.jpg
133KB, 1024x898px
What was the biggest thing that made you jaded about video games?

For me it was when I realized that valve no longer cared about making good games.
>>
File: 1483978042239.jpg (203KB, 474x444px) Image search: [Google]
1483978042239.jpg
203KB, 474x444px
>>375916589
only got jaded from western video games because they suck and are always 100% mp focus shit glad japs exist.
>>
when i realized that every new game coming out doesnt interest me because there is already an older game that i can i get my fix from. idk how to explain it but if a new fps comes out i just spout oh a halo clone, if a new rts comes out oh hey a cnc clone, if a rpg comes out ill say oh hey champions of norrath clone and so on and so forth, seems very shitty and i bet im missing out on great games but i cant help it, the last game i bought was demons souls
>>
MGS V
>>
dark souls 3 being worse than dark souls 2
>>
>>375916589

Valve never made a good game, so I'm not sure how this realization could logically happen.
>>
>>375916589
>valve no longer cared about making games
ftfy
>>
>>375916589
Crusader Kings 2 DLC made me feel as if an entire era of gaming (the one of expansions every few years) was finished, Victoria II HOD sealed it for me.
>>
>>375916589
>politics / SJW invasion
>constant game updates / patches
>>
>>375916589
Tribes.

and everything multiplayer sense just being bland and mediocre trash. I actually had to resort to picking up arena shooters to have fun for a while there. I knew Hi-Rez was going to fuck it up. I just had no idea how they'd do it so fast, it's like they pumped and dumped the playerbase to move on to Smite.
>>
>>375918493

same here

games need to be separate from our real world and its petty bullshit, they should be timeless

and the constant update bullshit makes it so that game devs can just make half finished freemium shit and nothing else
>>
>>375916589

This isn't a bad thing, as they still care about video-games as whole very much, they've just realized they can do more as a company focusing on parts other than development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpaNnX_9Q5s

This video gives a lot of insight I think. There's obviously a lot of care and thought going on.
>>
>>375919715

>games need to be separate from our real world and its petty bullshit, they should be timeless

This is pretty naive, human beings make video-games and humans are not separate from the "real world". Movies, music, books, they're always going to be influenced by what's going on at the time and place it was made, it's just the way things are.
>>
>>375919715
>muh games are pure

Fuck off faggot there a business like everything else.
>>
/v/
>>
The transition to HD.
It killed off a lot of good developers.
>>
Project M dying.
>>
Playing them way too much and getting obsessed over dumb trivial shit. Then I stopped doing that and began having fun again.
>>
>>375916589
Forced Internet connection for single player games.
Seriously fuck this.
>>
File: ai676.jpg (51KB, 609x678px) Image search: [Google]
ai676.jpg
51KB, 609x678px
>>375916781
man you are so obvious its not funny
>>
>jaded

We're living in the fucking golden age my friend
>>
File: 1463535669425.jpg (47KB, 519x449px) Image search: [Google]
1463535669425.jpg
47KB, 519x449px
>>375918560
>Tribes
Anon, don't hurt me like this.
>>
File: 1397514513784.gif (1010KB, 233x226px) Image search: [Google]
1397514513784.gif
1010KB, 233x226px
mass effect 3

all of it
>>
File: 1491507413238.png (2MB, 1019x756px) Image search: [Google]
1491507413238.png
2MB, 1019x756px
DLC. that was shit. Remember when DLC was actually enough to be its own game. When you got hours and hours for a reasonable price? Now it's fucking garbage designed to fleece money from retards.

Microtransanctions. Morons who spend actual money on a skin for a gun, or armour. People that buy such stuff are killing creativity in the industry. remember that YouTube video of dickheads getting emotional over overwatch loot. That was sad.

Ps4/ X1/ Switch. Why are companies pushing lazy, underpowered hardware. I truly hate current console gaming. It's fucking shit. The home consoles came out underpowered then they released shitty .5 upgrades to try and compensate for their money grabbing laziness. And the switch, fucking hell, a portable Wii U. You fucking cretins, there are modders on YouTube who have made the Wii U portable. it's a glorified successor to the 3ds, and no one can see it. Plus it literally has no games. Literally.

Online multiplayer. Remember when that was good? Halo had a FANTASTIC single player story in addition to a truly epic multiplayer. Never again we will see such a great game. Now wehave battlefront, a £110 game with no single player that will become a coaster once EA turn off the servers in 2018. Goddamn the gaming industry and everyone who supports their cancerous, poisonous ideas.
>>
>>375921118
Multiplayer was OK
Which is shameful considering people liked the series for its single player
>>
>>375921118
Even the multiplayer?
>>
Nintendo after the Wii.
>>
File: BRINK_(game_box_art).jpg (39KB, 250x315px) Image search: [Google]
BRINK_(game_box_art).jpg
39KB, 250x315px
>>375916589
Brink
>>
Mass Effect 3

I am still not over it and it ruined my joy for gaming
>>
>>375921356
I didn't play it I was so mad about the singleplayer
>>
The summer I prordered Diablo3 and Guild Wars2. I was so hyped for both games and they both turned to ne piles of steaming garbage.
>>
>>375916589
Everything about the Wii. Video games in general from 2006 - present
>>
>>375921478
i dont know what went wrong, i remember enjoying it, it wasn't something revolutionary, just a solid mp shooter with some ideas, why it flopped anon?
>>
>>375921609
The multiplayer was actually pretty dope. It was slight shine on a really stinky turd.
>>
>>375916589
When I started pirating ps3 games and realized that all DLC was already on the disc. Discs that customers physically had in their hands, yet had to pay money for literal bytes of code to tell the disc to unlock that section of the disc that they paid for.
>>
Dark Souls 2 was the very last game I awaited for midnight release and it was a major disappointment.
>>
>>375921860
maybe the ones who ripped it added the dlc in it?
>>
File: bone014_1024x1024.png (1MB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
bone014_1024x1024.png
1MB, 1024x640px
>>375916589
Realizing the graphical arms race is killing vidya.
>Graphical advances were the main reason why you would buy a new console/upgrade your PC to play new games
>It reached a point where even more money is spent for diminishing returns in graphics
>Games get hideously expensive to develop with enormous budgets that must make bank with three million sales minimum
For reference fucking Final Fantasy XII got a Double Platinum award for selling two million worldwide.
>Must appeal to the widest demographic possible which means no risks
>No risks leads to no innovation
>Small devs that are neither indie nor AAA get bought by EA and Ubisoft and what made their games different and unique gets phased out for shit that just sells
>Indies see the opportunity and start selling hoping to become the next Braid. Problem is nobody knows how to code properly and are just hoping to get quick money out of """nostalgia""".
>Disappointment in AAA titles causes some devs to go to crowdfunding which leads to the cancer that is Kickstarter and shit like MN9
>AAA is shit because they need to make bank and can't take risks so their games end up bland garbage
>B-A devs do not get enough attention when all eyes are on AAA and/or must compete with AAA graphics and get bought out
>Indies do quick cash-grabs appealing to nostalgia and """retro""" pixel graphics hoping to get rich fast.
>Rarely something good comes out.

I just want to go back to colorful, stylized games like pic related that runs smooth as butter on any fucking laptop nowadays.
>>
>>375916589
I guess Sonic 06 and wotlk, specifically the trial of crusaders patch.
>>
The fact that I'll never be able to experience a game the same way I did the first time I played it.

I wish I could just delete specific memories of games so that they were always new.
>>
>>375921958
no. Whenever a new game would be leaked that had day one "DLC", there would be a second release called a "DLC unlocker" that would only be a couple KB in size.
>>
File: 1489366503226.jpg (92KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489366503226.jpg
92KB, 1024x1024px
>>375922324
>You'll never experience Dark Souls for the first time again
>You'll never experience Metal Gear for the first time again
>You'll never experience Half-Life for the first time again
>You'll never experience Team Fortress 2 for the first time again
Take me back.
>>
MGSV definitely It still hurts, I can still feel it
Dark Souls 2 is on the list, and Tribes : Ascend on the recent list
>>
>>375916589
>What was the biggest thing that made you jaded about video games?
When I suddenly realised that I enjoy games I've already played more than I can care to be excited about anything new coming out.
>>
When mobile "games":
>Severely damaged Flash games (because anything semi-decent gets monetized)
>Led to shitty skinnerbox mechanics and microtransactions proliferating across the market and encroaching into regular games
>Lowered the standard of quality, gameplay and game value-for-money
>Became heavily defended by gaming websites because they don't want to lose ad money and it allows the industry to inflate gender proportions
>Led to the death of movie-tie-in games, meaning we will never see some rare rough gem like King Kong/ the LotR games again
>>
File: spore.jpg (36KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
spore.jpg
36KB, 460x215px
>>375916589
>See all this cool shit at demonstrations
>Expect amazing game where you can create any living thing imaginable and carry them to the stars
>Instead get watered down game that is essentially a glorified newgrounds character creator
Fucking reee
>>
>people actually pre-order games and buy DLC in bulk
>game companies know they can get away with it
>suddenly 90%+ of the budget of modern games is in its marketing campaign

Cause who gives a shit about making a fun game if you'll get the money anyway amirite?
>>
>>375922918
I never heard about the hype and fucking loved it when it came out.
Later on after seeing what it could have been I did get pretty upset though. Creature's the only stage that's actually fun consistently, and I'm going to play it for a few hours today as part of an autistic ritual.
>>
When I became an adult and realised I don't have anywhere near as many free hours to devote to games, so if I'm going to play them, they had better be good and worth my time.

>none of them are
>>
Pre-order bonuses, especially those that differ depending on store or that "Augmented pre-order" shit (That you know is going to come back with Blizzard or some more popular firm doing it)
>>
>>375921845
>tfw a throwaway feature became the main focus for people who played it in the third game of a story-driven RPG
>The only reason people kept playing ME3 after the first couppe years was the multiplayer
How'd they manage it
>>
>>375923292
>or that "Augmented pre-order" shit (That you know is going to come back with Blizzard or some more popular firm doing it)
what do you mean?
>>
Endless stream of shit from Blizzard. As a kid I thought of this studio as literal gods, I have gazillion hours put in Starcraft, D2, and Wc3.
>>
>>375916589
when i learned the 90% rule wasn't true, it was more like 99.999%
i thought there were so many more good games to experience, but now i've played all the ones that were interesting
>>
>>375916589
Namco Bandai releasing shit version of Tales of Vesperia on 360 forcing me to get the console, only to find out later that there would be a ps3 version, but in jpn only.
>>
>>375923836
It used to be 90%
Then indies made it 99.99999998% of games shit.
>>
Wrath of the lich king. Everyone is so rose colored goggles about it, when really it was the last nail in the coffin with some of blizzards worst fucking decisions:

>crossrealm murdering server communities
>fucking LFG
>Daily quests
>welfare epics
>continuation of flying mounts killing world pvp
>daily dungeons
>emphasis on heroics instead of making new content
>Vehicle "combat"
>cataclysm right after, raping vanilla content instead of resting in peace.
>>
File: mgsvshinkawa.jpg (360KB, 1344x1595px) Image search: [Google]
mgsvshinkawa.jpg
360KB, 1344x1595px
>>375916589
>2 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-c1a5c55-8
THE SINS NEVER DIE
CAN'T WASH THIS BLOOD OFF OUR HANDS
>>
>>375917131
this

last time I'll ever hope again
>>
>>375916589
Dark Souls 2 and Destiny.

I loved the shit out of DaS so I followed DS2 closely. Watched all their trailers and shit looked fucking amazing. Then the downgrade happened. Making it one of the most repulsive games ever, and i just hated everything about it.

Destiny had so much potential but in the end corporate greed fucked the game completely. Story butchered, lore outside the game, a ton of the game was ripped out to be sold back as DLC.

Learning about all this shady shit that had gone on. It really hammered home that games made by people who loved them dont exist anymore. Its now all mass marketed products and shitty practices to jew retards out of the maximum amount of money. Couple this with year after year of disappointments, broken games, games journalism and shit like Evolve. The only safe thing to do is assume everything is shit until proven otherwise.
>>
>>375916589
dlc, loot boxes, everything.

games like league being popular, everything being casual.
>>
File: WONTSTOPHURTING.png (25KB, 517x476px) Image search: [Google]
WONTSTOPHURTING.png
25KB, 517x476px
>>375917131
>>375924835
>>375922613
YOU FEEL IT, TOO, DON'T YOU?
>>
>>375924791
>Everyone is so rose colored goggles about it, when really it was the last nail in the coffin with some of blizzards worst fucking decisions
This.^

TBC made a lot of changes that ruined the experience for many (especially fucking with the lore), but at least it still felt somewhat like the vanilla experience in spite of making so much of the actual vanilla content redundant. Wrath twisted the game into something unrecognisable by compounding on all of the worst mistakes TBC made. It's only because they actually fucked up the world itself in cata that most people really started to take notice of the changes.
>>
>>375925293
It's sad too because TBC introduced a lot of good with the bad. And the same can be said about wrath. Wrath especially had fantastic world design, decent story elements, and music direction. A lot of love was put in the world and art direction. Which only makes its glaring flaws hurt even more.
>>
>>375916589
I grew out of my "jaded" forced cynicism phase when I was 16
>>
>>375916589
The journalism. It shows how retarded and obsessed the west is with certain conventions. Just make the game fun and good ok?
>>
>>375925662
>It's sad too because TBC introduced a lot of good with the bad. And the same can be said about wrath
I honestly think that might have been a key factor in why each later expansion hurt the game so much. They saw that some of the changes they had made for TBC and WotLK correlated with an increase in the game's popularity, but they were wrong about which changes had actually helped the game.
>>
When I realized that westacuck SJWs don't care about making games more gooder, only more SJW
>>
>>375916589
Age of Empires 3.
I got better though
>>
Dota 2 when my favourite hero to play was nerfed into the ground for about a dozen patches in a row, and then nerfed EVEN HARDER in the big 7.00 patch. It feels like they're making it more and more like league (except thankfully not p2w) with every patch.
>>
>>375921191
Don't forget weebshit developers hashing out three to five titles A FUCKING YEAR that also will be filled with DLC and bikini microtransactions that permavirgins will slurp up without question as long as it has anime girls.
>>
>>375916589
Why am I not surprised that the thread is 90% westacucks? :^)
>>
>>375927127
>Don't forget weebshit developers hashing out three to five titles A FUCKING YEAR
>Most popular and talked about games of the year (so far) are nip
>Not only that, two of them have had extended dev times
I've never understood this irratational hatred of nip games but it makes even less sense since they're the only one making good games anymore, outside of europeans on occasion.
>>
>>375927286
JRPGs are almost always extremely tedious and dull, and VNs are pretty much a dying medium because the only ones that turn a profit are the shameless pathetic waifu dating simulators which are made on extremely thin budgets and have no plot to speak of.
>>
>>375927419
>Two whole games have had extended dev time
Too bad that doesn't translate to a better game. And yes, for whatever reason they are popular. Doesn't make them good.

Any other fallacious statements you want to throw out, weeaboo?
>>
File: weeaboo.jpg (81KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo.jpg
81KB, 680x680px
>>375928806
>weeaboo
I'm getting more usage out of this image lately.
>>
>>375921813
I remember when I was hopeful for the Wii. I preached about the genius of Nintendo's Blue Ocean strategy. I used to link that one article about it everywhere (if you were a Nintendofag at the time, you know the one I'm talking about). I thought they were gonna bring gaming to a new level, even though I was hesitant about the controller. All for the long run, I thought. The Wii remains the only thing I've ever camped overnight for.

The only Wii game I ever used it for was Brawl. Beyond that it was a glorified GameCube emulator.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.