[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You HAVE beaten this game before without using save states, rewinds,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

You HAVE beaten this game before without using save states, rewinds, slowdown, or cheat codes, right /v/?
>>
nope
>>
No I only play good mario games
>>
>Tanabe directed the weakest of the Super Mario Bros. quadrilogy
really scratches your nuts
>>
>>375916492
Nah Lost Levels was Tezuka, I think.
>>
>>375916583
>implying OG SMB2 isnt pure mariokino
gitgud
>>
Yes and it's honestly the best Mario game ever created. The ending theme still gets me fucking emotional to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnbNNqf9UaQ
>>
>>375916318
>slowdown

I think I only ever encountered slowdown on one stage? Maybe?
>>
>>375916318
>You HAVE beaten this game before without using save states, rewinds, slowdown, or cheat codes, right /v/?
Yes. This is the easiest of all the mario games. How has anyone not? It literally gives you the option to grind for heart containers in stages if you suck that much.
>>
>>375916804
Had no idea you could do that.
>>
>>375916318
I never even played more than 10 minutes of it because I literally do not like SMB2 at all. I played through Lost levels though.
>>
File: the_only_way_to_scale_a_hill.gif (684KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
the_only_way_to_scale_a_hill.gif
684KB, 500x448px
>>375916318
I beat the SNES version, which eschews the continue system and just saves at the start of each world (every fourth stage). Did the entire game as Luigi, who's unarguably the best character.

>but muh peach
Peach lets you fix mistakes you'd make with other characters. Luigi just straight up breaks stuff.
>>
>>375916318
What was its name again, yes the name of the thing we all know
>>
>>375916763
I think he means slowdown in the sense of intentionally slowing down the game with an emulator to make jumps and dodges easier.
>>
File: 1472913091107.jpg (16KB, 321x313px) Image search: [Google]
1472913091107.jpg
16KB, 321x313px
I've played it countless times and never got past the desert levels. I always quit at the second or third one.
>>
>>375916318
i have. it's an alright game. i honestly wish they took out the screen transition thing.
>>
>>375916318
Never even played it. Looks wierd XD
>>
>>375917431
haha XD c;
>>
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUPER MARIO BROTHER TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>Actually playing Super Mario Bros 2 when you can just watch this instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdjYYFOGE3k
>>
>>375917846
Jesus fuck don't make me think about this guy. Even when I was a bitch-ass kid I could tell Chris Bores was Chris BORING.
>>
It's very easy, the only thing is the continue system.

But there's a lot of warps in the game.
>>
>>375917846
this guy is hilarious and very good at at explaining. feels like a 90s reviewer
>>
>>375917143
did you know donky kong likes picnics
>>
>>375918075
>hating on based Chris Bores
so this is neo-/v/
>>
Uh yea when I was 4 on nes. 26 years ago
>>
>>375917846
Is there some kind of self referential criticism at the end when he starts attacking how bad copies are?
>>
>>375916318
Yes I have. And this one is easier than the first mario game on nes.
>>
When you first play this, you find out that Luigi is some slippery faggot to use and you dislike using him because he's so slippery. You think Princess is best because she can float for a few seconds.

Once you git gud, you find that Luigi is the best character to use due to jumping the highest.
>>
>>375921027
Until you get so good and you want to speed run the game and you realize Toad is the best
>>
>>375921027
I always chose Luigi as my character though, even the first time around. Peach's jump isn't high enough to be useful, even if she can float. Luigi just breaks the stages apart with his high jump and flutter. Plus Luigi is the best Mario character anyway.
>>
>>375921171
>Until you get so good and you want to speed run the game and you realize Toad is the best

Wrong. Luigi is still best for speed run since he can bypass so many parts due to his super high jump.
>>
Beat the game at 12 years old, then beat it 4 more times later using only 1 character per playthrough.
Luigi>Princess>Toad>Mario.
>>
>>375921265
Don't ever fucking reply to me ever again.
>>
Why don't Nintendo use Wart anymore? Why? Imagine how awesome it would be if they changed the Mario formula around a little and instead of Bowser as the main baddie Wart is the villain. Shit would be amazing.

>but SMB 2 isn't canon

Fuck off elements of SMB 2 have appeared in future Mario games so it is possible.
>>
Toad's physics are scary similar to Captain Falcon's
>>
File: u-mad.png (151KB, 471x354px) Image search: [Google]
u-mad.png
151KB, 471x354px
>>375921650
>>
Whats the point in playing it when its all just a dream?
>>
>>375916318
Yes, it was pretty fun.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.