[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surprisingly easy game after all the "hardness-hype"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3

File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220KB, 1200x650px
Surprisingly easy game after all the "hardness-hype" people go on about.

Highly exaggerated difficulty.

This was my first DS game and I bought it during my vacation after having watched several reviews going wild about its "difficulty", "challenge" and what not.

First day of my vaction and gameplay at 12 hours, I just finished Pontiff with a couple of blows, bosses seems to be getting easier by the minute.

I only noticed a slight difficulty raise with Abyss because of the odd and unexplainable phase two things happening.

Now I am mostly nervous of completing the game within the first 24 hours of gameplay because I have 3 weeks and 6/1½ days left on my vacation!

While confident this game was reviewed by casual nobodies, I would like recommendations on my next, MORE CHALLENGING game!
>>
Undertale
>>
>>375908520
<This was my first DS game
>inb4 Soulsfags go "1 was the hardest, play it faggot"
>>
>>375908520
Sorry "unexplainable phase two things happening."
Is supposed to be phase 1, when he duplicates himself.

Also if anyone is curious, I use some armor, 60% weight stuffy, a shield only for blocking no parry and that Vordts hammer, upgraded twice.

I am playing as a Warrior, I think it was called.

Currently lvl 45 with + in str/vigor/vit, allocated in that order. Trying to get below 50% equip load to get faster, so leveling vit atm.
>>
Dark Souls 1 and 2.Dark Souls 3 is easy mode because of how the i-frames and stamina system works.
>>
File: 1480462122482.gif (1015KB, 500x470px)
1480462122482.gif
1015KB, 500x470px
B-but muh hardcore gayme for hardcore gaymers such as muhself
>>
Wow you people actually responded.
>>
challenge yourself by going outside fatass
>>
In terms of difficulty:

>BB>DS3>DS1>>>DS2

Even with "le artificial difficulty" ds2 was a cakewalk
>>
>>375908881
>>375908881
LoL.
>>
>>375909021
What is BB and in what order of difficulty lol?
>>
>>375908752
Guy is a good atvgames. That doesnt mean anything. I have a friend whobis a casual, got ps4, got bloodborne, couldnt even get to first boss and dropped the game.
>>
>>375908520
>I just finished Pontiff with a couple of blows
>playing a sorcerer
have fun with aldrich, devourer of boipussi
>>
>im good at games
>praise me please

no
>>
>>375908701
>>375909337
oh nevermind, you're using an overpowered flavor of the month weapon
>>
It's a game thats harder than the average western game but it actually isnt THAT hard, the whole prepare to die thing is marketing.

Also, stop using a shield, play agressive and roll more, you will have more fun that way.
>>
>>375908520
>NG++ caster only 800hp gundyr no parry
Nigga you don't know pain.
This shit took me 2 days but oh boy does it feel good
>>
>>375909337
Sorcerer? I'm playing a Warrior.
>>
>>375909391
I just got the game lol, so why is it OP this month based anon?
>>
>>375909632
It got some damage or scaling buff like a month or so ago.
>>
>>375909561
>Having to go above the base 500hp
Anon, why don't you just dodge?
>>
>>375908520
Demon's Souls is "hard" till you learn the gimmicks. So if you want hard, don't turn on the online cause everyone spells out each bosses weakness before you fight them.
>>
>>375910020
So it was balanced? Not buff overpowered or?

I went with the starting axe first, upped it as much as possible then swapped for vordt as soon as I could, bosses are melting.

I traded blows, maybe used a pot or two with all the bosses except yhorm of course, until they died.

Poise + 2H seems to just faceroll all bosses pretty easily, so far atleast.
>>
>>375908603
Will try it! Thanks!
>>
>>375908701
>Vit
Get 40 vit and you never have to raise vigor from base 10. Cause NOTHING in the game will be able to one shot you except the occasional hyper mode player. The "difficulty" comes from decent invaders, who if they aren't plentiful, makes the game very simple.
>>
>>375908520
>People are replying to this bait
>>
Im retrying the game after not being able to kill that witch in farrons keep, only this time im doing a caveman run.

Club + loincloth + deprived

Im doing much better this time around.
>>
>>375910269
It inflicts frostbite near instantly now, giving you free percentage based damage every couple of hits and crippling the bosses' defenses
>>
>>375908520
>This was my first DS game
why would anyone read after this lol
>>
>>375910402
I think I'm around 22 Vit now.

Invaders have been really fun though, such a fresh concept, I really liked it, only met two so far though, one killed me because it spawned among a TON of enemies and then never reappeared.

Is DS3 PVP fun?

Have been thinking of activating the online thing it bugs you with everytime you launch the game.
>>
>>375910063
I have a thing for big weapons, so i had to be able to trade at least 1 hit with normal mobs, especially since i wanted to make use of things like mourne GH weapon art and the unfaltering prayer lighting stake
>>
>>375910441
The sage?

Such a wierd boss, she like "got stuck" in phase one until she had 20% life left, then got 2 shotted in that phase.

I am intending to rerun this game with the weakest class, which most seem to think is the sorcerer using only magic?

>>375910484
Alright, I have noticed some wierd "stun effect" sometimes on bosses but I have not seen anything suggesting its from a "frostbite".

It's like a stagger only for a much shorter time then the usual boss staggers one might get.
>>
>>375910673
can't you just parry or block? Or zone?
>>
>>375910269
I use a 2 handed claymore, yeah dealing damage > having defense. I am trying to just speedrun through the game to get up to like +100ng for high level invasions since anyone else who goes to NG+ either stops playing or just keeps cycling. Game can be beaten in like an hour and a half, maybe 2 hours if you include DLC. Their is activity at like 20(for farrons), 50, 120, 150, and 200 (I'm about here after NG+++) for "meta" pvp, but that's about it. The best challenge you'd get out of the game is self imposed.
>>
>>375910487
>first
? You mean it wouldn't be easy had I only played the prequels?

Build real sentences and communicate !
>>
>>375910832
Interesting, is the DLC worth it? I was unaware of such things to DS3.

Is there any requirement to DS3 PvP? Level wise or else?
>>
>>375910742
>parry
That's for scrubs.
I literally never learned to parry anything except for ds1 silver knights
Block doesn't work for shit when you have as little stamina as i have, plus shields are too heavy to carry with the heavy weps, unless i go full naked and just pick a medium shield
>>
>>375910970
Level and max weapon upgrade are the two things it matches you based on. If you upgrade your weapon ASAP every time, you actually don't get much pvp till around level 80-100. DLC adds areas where more people are active -> more invasions, it also adds the hollow arena, which is where pvp will eventually go to die since it does not take into account level I believe.
>>
>>375910970
>DLC
they are the best part of every game, no exception.
PVP checks for soul level + the upgrade of the highest upgraded weapon you have. The meta for most things is SL120 and +10 weapons i think. not sure if undead matches or outside pontiff is the thing now, but they added a check that tells you which areas have a lot of online activity, like ds2
>>
>>375911002
Hm, I rather enjoy the blocking in this game, it's a cool way to get staggers to punish WITH those heavy weapons.

Does anyone know if its possible to get a riposte using ONLY a 2handed weapon? No swapping or shields involved.

Or, if its possible to get a riposte from a block, not parry, using a shield then 2h?

I can swear that a guy in Farron Keep did that to me, he blocked me and punished with the riposte animation, I swear to god there was no parry flailing going about.
>>
>>375911104
The aldrich faithful is the most active pvp group
Way of blue/darkmoon is more often summoned when you are higher level (like 30 above the red invader, at least in my experience.)
>>
>>375908520
Do you honestly think people buy this b8 when you have absolutely nothing to back it up with?
>>
>>375908520
>hurr look at me I finished a dark soles game and it was ez-pz
Cool blog, fuckface.
>>
>>375911158
Oh, claymore 2nd hit is a guard break. Free ripostes. I don't know if it works with every greatsword.
>>
File: jailer.jpg (428KB, 800x1080px)
jailer.jpg
428KB, 800x1080px
Fuck these things though.
>>
>>375911082
>>375911104
Alright, thanks for the information, something that IS overwhelming with this game.

Fucking worse than the time I ran through Ice wind dale, SO much unexplainable bogus did you not get the "guide/info" chart with the game.

>>375911194
About THIS, what is pvp vgroups? I got one of those "vertebreas" which seemed to give me allegiance to something, it's really confusing, sentinels, red/blue guys, any short good explanation to the necessity of these things?
>>
Good job OP now play Wizardry IV.
>>
>>375911207
I could always grab my phone, photo my screen and post it here. but meh effort.
>>375911263
Ok, gonna look for some more info on those then, ty.

>>375911342
THE horror, they seemed to be horrendously OUT OF SYNC as well, hitting thin air still lowering my goddamn maxhp everytime.
>>
>>375911407
>download game
>only has two dungeons
color me pissed
>>
>>375911407
>Wizardry IV
Looks awesome, gonna try it too, thanks!
>>
>>375911350
Covenants are that thing you can equip next to pants/ring in equipment. The pvp ones are "kinda" hidden or involve having to go through some BS to join. Aldrich faithful is behind a hidden wall in the area after beating pontiff and rosaria's fingers (red rewards) is after you find the way to the rafters in cathedral. The co-op ones are way easier to find/join. Grey is what you do with the basic white soapstone, just drop it and someone will find it and click on it eventually.
>>
>>375911407
hmmm...
" Knowledge of the first game of the series is vital to completing Wizardry IV."

Vacation hobbies FOUND.
>>
>>375911635
So, does it matter which one I join? Cons/Pros?
>>
>>375911158
>it's a cool way to get staggers to punish WITH those heavy weapons
Blocking is probably at it's weakest in 3, in 1 when you blocked you could attack almost straight away, now if you block-> attack most of the time the enemy already repositioned.
In ds2 some big weapons could parry but this is not the case anymore, katanas and the abyss watchers greatsword can do it
>>
>>375911438
>OUT OF SYNC
It's line of sight based, doesn't matter if they hit you with the weapon.
Stunlocking them stops it, but the soldering iron makes you roll slower and i think blocks estus recovery
>>
>>375911736
Just a con rosario's fingers for one NPC's questline if that is a con (you can infinitely NG so you can always do it again). Absolutely nothing other than that.
>>
>>375910690
>I am intending to rerun this game with the weakest class, which most seem to think is the sorcerer using only magic?
playing the game with sorcery there are only two difficulties any enemy or boss can be: a fucking joke or impossible. It's terribly balanced.
>>
>>375909561
>caster
found the scrub
>>
>>375909192
bloodborne, hardest to easiest it seems
>>
>>375910690
>I have not seen anything suggesting its from a "frostbite".
vordt's greathammer is a weapon that inflicts the status frostbite. This status causes some damage but more importantly weakens the enemy's defenses. It also cripples stamina regeneration but I've never seen any evidence of bosses in this game having stamina, they just spam however they want.
>>
>>375911104
>the upgrade of the highest upgraded weapon
Can you please elaborate?
>>
>>375912223
Tanking a hit with unfaltering prayer and then nuking people's ass for 1400 damage is the shit mate, that loud F-THUNK really makes it good.
I would argue it's the only way to make casting fun, unless you use soul greatsword and variants, but no one enjoys those 130 damage a hit shit spells.
>>375912308
You can't invade SL20 scrubs if you have a +10 weapon anywhere in your inventory, even if you are SL20
Can't say i know the breakpoints but that's the gist of it
>>
>>375912283
Ok, bloodbourne any good?
Took a peak at it sometime ago and it looked so dull, then when DS3 came out I thought to myself, they look awfully similar and picked DS3 because of the hyyyype :P
>>
>>375911801
Well, blocking I found also "baits" out enemy guard breakers, which can then be punished, so I will go with my trusty shield :D I know 2h does more damage... but it's just so easy to get wrecked without that shield sometimes, IMO.

>>375911864
Ah. Thank you for enlightening me.

>>375911104
Never really cared about DLC in any game except skyrim, seems like a money grabber tactic.

what would you rate the DLC compared to the base on a 1-10?

>>375912292
So it's EVEn better in PvP then? :D Oh joy

>>375912507
So PvP balancing is based around your characters weapon upgrades and soul level?

Could a SL120 dude roam SL20 dudes with a bad weapon then? OR does both criteria match?
>>
>>375912964
Ashes of ariandel is a 8-8.5/10, loses a bit because it's quite short
Ringed city is a 9/10
AoA has consistently good bosses and very fun unique enemies like the ninja rapier corvians, weapons are 9/10 tier
Ringed city weapons are anime as fuck, even better then the ones in AoA, bosses not as fun to fight, most of them have a fuckhuge healthbar.
Ringed city adds 2 additional swamps, one of which is another poison one, so i didn't have as much fun traversing it, but the way they play with verticality in it it's pretty cool
DLC are kinda a cashgrab if you buy the game and then the DLC, they always do a game+DLC pack down the line for a more convenient price
>both criteria match?
yes
>>
>>375913641
Splendid, that was some satisfying answers anon, good job.

Thanks all, gonna enjoy me some sun then back to DS3 and get me some DLC!!

My ds3 char name "Nam".

Smell ya later, Ash!
>>
>>375909021
Ds2>Ds1>Ds3>Bloodborne
>>
>>375910484
Oh shit, I started a greathammer character ages ago but stopped playing that char because the bort-hammer sucks. So it's good now? My hammermancharacter is saved?
>>
>>375908520
t. reddit
>>
>>375915175
nope.
>>
>>375908520
Souls games aren't hard, and were never meant to be hard.

Slow down your pace btw, go explore stuff. Souls games shine in the atmosphere/exploration/customizable builds areas, not in the difficulty area

If you still want suggestions, get a shin megami Tensei game
>>
>>375908520
I would reccomend trying to 1CC a shmup. That's a much more fun and challenging experience than beating a stupid Souls game that we've all done a hundred times.
>>
DaS3 is by far the easiest. The game shits out bonfires and stamina like it's nobody's business
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.