[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like Podracing /v/? >1 hour left till GOG release

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

Do you like Podracing /v/?

>1 hour left till GOG release (maybe)
https://www.gog.com/news/special_sale_star_wars
>>
Rad. I might have to put my Dreamcast copy to rest.
>>
Fuck yes. Thanks for letting me know Anon.

This was my shit back on the N64.
>>
>>375905096

I've been on a crazy Pod Racer binge over the last two weeks.

Such an amazing fucking game, damn near perfect honestly.

It really deserves a quality HD release or remake.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12891692

Pick your guess.
Everyone wants Pod Racer but that doesn't mean it will be Pod Racer.
>>
What the game really needs is actual online.
Make it easy for people to host games and connect to others.

Would be fun if you could just drop into races.
>>
File: 1464045454492.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1464045454492.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>paying disney for games made by people who are all probably retired now
>>
>>375906316
>paying

I hate Disney and the new movies but i love the game.
I don't care if you buy it or pirate it.
>>
15 minutes
>>
Where's the suggestion that this will be pod racer?
Am I being retarded and missing something?
>>
>>375907208
GOG have been releasing steam star wars games and previously unavailable games every year on the 4th May.

There aren't many titles left.
Pod Racer is popular and so more likely than garbage like Yoda Stories or the less popular Battlefront 1
>>
>>375907291
Thanks anon. Hope it's the case, Pod Racer is rad.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A

It's gonna be this. Can't wait.
>>
Where does it say there will be new games or is this just speculation?
>>
>>375907364
It's like this every year since Disney entered GOG

And the article in the OP says the prices change around 10 UTC so there is that. It's GOGs typical release time.

Nothing is guaranteed but its very very likely.
>>
>>375905642
How the fuck isn't Yoda Stories on GOG yet
>>
File: IMG_0504.jpg (135KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0504.jpg
135KB, 768x1024px
>Start to play again
>Get to Grabvine Gateway
>>
File: george-lucas.jpg (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas.jpg
2MB, 3000x2000px
>inb4 GOG betrays everyone and releases Battle for Naboo instead
>>
File: QUADS.jpg (135KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
QUADS.jpg
135KB, 800x600px
>>375907621

>Grabvine Gateway

That right there is some serious fucking bullshit.

To this day I can't even confidently say i've mastered it.
>>
ARE YOU KIDDING ME DU
>>
WOW, It's fucking nothing!

Although usually new releases are in around 3 hours at 3 p.m. Warsaw time.
>>
>main page changes
>No new games

What the fuck GOG
>>
Only ever played the demo, I played it like mad though
>>
>>375907621
That fucking water corner gets me nearly every time. Still not as bullshit as abyss though.
>>
>>375907704
>Battle for Naboo
still would be happy.

I'd love to see Droid Works.
>>
>>375908606
>Droid Works
Yeah I remember playing the demo for that and it being really fun. I don't get how they haven't done pod racer its one of the most unique and iconic games star wars has on offer.
>>
>>375907704
Well. I liked Battle for Naboo.
I hate the prequels but they do have nice games.
>>
Man this game was SO fucking good
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoUF7h-EpzE
>>
>>375907621
>>375907816
What pods are you guys using for it?
>>
>>375909763
Mars Guo for life
>>
>>375910180
Guo corners like ass and doesnt do well on Grabvine for this reason. Use Neva Kee. His boost is almost as strong as Guo's in terms of speed gain, he cools down faster, and he turns far harder, especially once upgraded (via cheesing the fuck out of the Junkyard)
>>
>>375909763

Anakins Pod with maxed Turning/Traction can do it pretty easily.

Otherwise you're going to have to be fucking perfect with your lines/braking and learn to master drifting.

My suggestion though, just focus on doing the swamp sections cleanly with little or no damage, don't worry about being fast. You can't even make the turns in the swamp with an even slightly damaged pod so even taking a little damage will totally fuck your lap times. Even if you lose 4-5 places you can easily make that up in the rest of the course as long as you do it cleanly.
>>
Could you unlock in this game new ships and species to play as? I only have a hazy memory of a game with futuristic races when i played it as a child.
>>
Is there a tier list for Pod Racer? I feel like the only characters that get used are Anakin, Mars, Neva and Bulls-eye.
>>
>>375910489

Yeah man, as you play you unlock like shit, almost 20 different pods I think.
>>
Why is everyone excited to play a poorly optimized port? Every single one of these games gets some sort of shitty dosbox optimization and you faggots still throw money at these people.

At least companies like Nightdive are releasing shit that's playable on resolutions above 800x600.
>>
>>375910527

Ben Quadinaros is THE fastest and last I checked all the world record lap times are done with him still.
>>
>>375905096
>1 hour left till GOG release (maybe)

where did you get idea?
>>
>>375910637

What the fuck are you on about?

Episode 1 Racer can already be played in full widescreen resolutions at a flawless 60fps.

It runs fine on Windows 7/10 etc

A GOG release would just mean a little less stuffing around for those that don't want to hexedit shit.

Why even bother posting if you obviously have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>375910637
Turok 2 says otherwise. Incredibly unoptimized garbage even at the lowest settings. A Star Wars Racer release packaged with dgVoodoo2 (the most likely scenario if the game will be released on GOG at all) will run far better than that crap.
>>
>either have to wait 1.5 horus or no games at all

Meh
>>
>>375909763
I always used Sebulba for everything
>>
>>375907442
Because its shit
>>
35 minutes till nothing happens
>>
>>375906234
>Allow jedi, sith and all type of soldiers
>With powers and weapons
Imminent disaster indeed
>>
>>375915198
>Pod racing
>weapons
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.