[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breath of the wild thread? Post >things you think the game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 14

File: image.jpg (120KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 1200x675px
Breath of the wild thread?

>things you think can be improved
>features you want carried over to the sequel
>features you want to be removed ASAP

Also, are you playing on the Wii U, Switch or Cemu

Are you getting the season pass Or will you wait for the details for Pack 2 to come out like a sane person?
>>
>>375902997
Weapon durability should not be trashed, but it should be improved with blacksmiths, quicker switching, slightly more durability and a difference in weapon class movesets

PROVE ME WRONG
>>
let me fuck sidon
>>
>>375902997
Cemu. It's a damn good game, GOTY so far beating nier

>>375903051
I agree, except for the very different movesets part. If the move sets are too wildly different it's inevitable you get a weapon you hate using. Maybe go full RPG and add weapon skills (think: Dragons Dogma) to the weapons types (unlocked by Korok seeds) and keep the base move set as they are
>>
>>375903914
>go full RPG
I actually agree. Just don't add exp, use Korok seeds or some other reward to level up, like the spirit orbs. Keep the mobs dropping weapons and materials system, and add a magic bar.
>>
File: 8d6acc3.png (2MB, 1218x1220px) Image search: [Google]
8d6acc3.png
2MB, 1218x1220px
cemu is progresing really fast
>>
Exploring, as everyone says, is great and it's fun to see the new areas for the first time.

I just wish the quests, rewards(including chests from shrines/divine beasts/world map), and story were more appealing.
I've been playing for about 5-6 days now. First few were great, but the past two days I've felt myself using interest extremely fast. The Ruto and Gerudo DBs were exciting but once I got to the Zora area and did theirs, I just feel like rushing to last couple towers, seeing the areas, then running to Ganon and calling it quits.

I've stopped wanting to interact with the world, and just see it and finish my time with it. Surprised that happened so fast after all the praise, maybe I just burned myself out playing it too much too fast.
>>
>>375904435
I throughly 1.7.5 is already fully playable?
>>
BOTW is what my child brain was wanting OOC to be when I first played it all those years ago.

It's got its flaws but it gives you the sheer joy of exploring and adventuring without over complicating things and being sloppy, I definitely didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I have.
>>
>>375904904
It is, but it still crashes and has graphical clitches. It seems that they're fixing those glitches in 1.7.6
>>
I'm down to 75 korok seeds needed until I have all 900

I have 107 shrines done and I'm only at a single divine beast.
>>
>>375904904
still has crashes due to a CPU vs GPU problem that fixing they say will cut performance in half, so they have to work out a better solution. for me it happens when loading in towns, i'd assume for the amount of AI, textures, etc opposed to outside of town.
there's also occasional graphical glitches that still vary by users, and amd users are still basically having a crapshoot with whether it runs at all or not apparently.

its playable at 30fps it's just not flawless.
>>
The ganon fights were rubbish, I'm seriously considering a three heart hard mode run just so it's challenging, Lynels are harder than him.
>>
>favourite NPC
>favourite weapon
>favourite location
>favourite track
>favourite town
>>
>>375905173
>I'm down to 75 korok seeds needed until I have all 900

Jesus nigger.
I like stumbling into Koroks as much as the next guy, but I can't imagine going to search them out.
You using a guide? I can't imagine doing that otherwise - I'm 3 beasts down and thinking about just fighting Ganon, and all I've got is around 55 I think, not counting how many you give the big Korok guy before he fucks off to the forest I haven't even found yet via tower.
>>
>>375905289
Don't do a 3 heart run. Do a 10 heart run. You can't get one hit in 3 heart runs, and food fills you way too fast

Also if you want difficulty avoid food
>>
>>375905546
>Also if you want difficulty avoid food
This so much. I'm on my second run and I'm only eating roasted stuff and food that npcs give me.
>>
File: 1493052500730.jpg (85KB, 722x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1493052500730.jpg
85KB, 722x1107px
Paya is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>375902997
>things you think the game does well
Sense of scale, keeping locales interesting (hyrule field notwithstanding), fun methods of movement, Hyrule Castle tier Dungeons, Eventide Island, overworld puzzles
Cooking. 1x hearty _____ should not be the ultimate recipe. The inclusion of caves, enemy variety, a weapon hall that can showcase every weapon, shrine puzzles, dragons, horse usefulness, bear/deer/skelehorse stabling, swimming
open world, overworld bosses, shield-surfing, parrying,
Constellation-tier Shrine, blessing of X shrines, test of X strength shrines, voice acting, references to Hylia, voice acting, bullet-time dependent combat, voice-acting, guardians (they're dull, but bountiful), Zelda killing Ganon in the final cutscene
>>
>>375905731
Guardians don't look dull at all, but what they need is more attacks

Blessing shrines are meh but I like the leadup to them
>>
>>375902997
So from the DLC details it's safe to say that there is an enemy tier higher than silver. I hope they have improved AI like the silver enemies
>>
>>375905902
they're literally a room with a treasure chest and spirit orb
They're nothing, how is nothing 'meh'?
>>
>>375906135
That's what I meant, they are boring as fuck inside. But I like that they are rewards for solving those environmental puzzles or riddles to get to them. That's what elevates them to a resounding meh. I would rather be rewarded with another puzzle shrine teebeeetch
>>
>>375906135
They often come with overworld puzzles and shrine quests. Of course they'd be empty when the puzzle is outside of them.
>>
give the world a bit more meat. Especially in the top corner. Add in other gadgets like the hookshot and lens of truth, preferably through fun sidequests. Of course, drop in more dungeons; like maybe 2 or 3 big classic dungeons would scratch the itch and give the "main quest" more bulk.

Maybe an instrument would be cool. let us control day and night, change the weather, summon our horse from anywhere; give us a few fun songs too like the goron's lullaby (sneak into a camp and put them all to sleep) or the command melody (temporarily "recruit" guardians to fight for you). Make this a cool sidequest too, like, Kass helps you track down all the songs or something. let us play a duet with him to learn new songs. that'd be cool.

give us sanic speed in the zora suit and lock the stamina meter when it's equiped. drowning in zora gear? what is this shit.

Pad out the enemy variety some. One of the most combat focused zeldas yet, and no darknuts? what the fuck.

Oh, and find some more excuses to put in locations with full background songs, not just minimalist piano ditterings. Kakariko village, the dragon encounters, hyrule castle, the rito village, all had great music, more like that would have been great.

>>375903051
I know "just make it like dark souls" is a fucking joke on here nowadays but I truly think BotW would have benefited from a weapon system much more like dark souls. Give us a decent variety of base weapon classes (what we have now honestly wouldn't be that bad, if they made halberd act like halberds) but instead of finding higher tier ones dropped in combat give us the bases and let us upgrade them. Maybe keep in the cheap boko bone weapons for medium-high tier drops of each weapon that you can grab in a pinch, but keep their durability low and make them unrepairable. if you want a mainstay weapon it'd be something you found, upgraded, repaired a few times, and kept by your side.
>>
>>375905731
>Constellation-tier Shrine, blessing of X shrines, test of X strength shrines, voice acting, references to Hylia, voice acting, bullet-time dependent combat, voice-acting, guardians (they're dull, but bountiful), Zelda killing Ganon in the final cutscene

You sound like a massive autist.
>>
>>375905546
>>375905678
Right so, hard mode, limited hearts (between 3 to 10), only make food out of stuff gotten from npcs, no inventory slot upgrades? anything else?
>>
>>375906684
You need to upgrade your slots, having that restriction is just no fun
Stick with the food and the hearts though, and limit your armor to tier 1
>>
>>375905902
I remember seeing artwork for the Guardian Footsoldiers and being crazy disappointed that they weren't ordinary Guardians that wielded huge weapons, but instead Link's height and in some Shrines
>>
>>375902997
Exploration, open world, placing small dungeons and puzzles all over the world (it's the puzzle formula in 3D Zelda games but in small doses) Aesthetics, armors, villages.
Enemy variery, music, some main quests that feel lackluster, eating system (I want it in real time), inventory management. I have a bigger issue with the inventory than the breakable weapons. Ditching weapons and picking them up from the inventory it's a chore. Horses.
The open world and discovery factor. The art design but with better graphics. Dungeons like Hyrule Castle.
Shrines and main dungeons as they are right now.
They are cool but by design they can't offer a variety of settings or enemies.
>>
>>375906684
>>375906738
I'm on cemu but I think this also applies for WiiU [spolier]put infinite durability on a soildiers broadsword and soildiers bow with the save editor and don't upgrade your slots[/spoiler]
>>
>>375907107
fug
>>
When does the game's main theme play? I know that you hear the first half during the title card at the start of the game (when Link exits the res chamber), but where is the whole thing used?

Is this another case of the main theme not appearing anywhere in the game?
>>
>>375907301
Final boss fight and damn it is good. Its scrambled btw
>>
File: payasmack.png (119KB, 279x219px) Image search: [Google]
payasmack.png
119KB, 279x219px
>>375905715
>>
>>375902997
>missing one shrine

FUCK
>>
>>375902997
>mfw I unironically want the steps tracker
>>
>>375902997

I just want something in the sky, like a dungeon or a city. It's part of the lore after all, isn't it?
>>
>>375906104
I hope they have new moves/abilities too

If not hard mode is irredeemable shit
>>
Who's genius idea was it to not have actual dungeons and caves as part of the world?

Divine beasts should have been at the end of dungeons, not just there by themselves.
>>
>>375908689
Does the bird dungeon count?

>>375908851
You know what's the most wasted opportunity? Not having SOTC boss fights to get in the beasts
>>
>>375908851
They wanted to blur the lines between dungeon and overworld so essentially the things you do before the dungeons are part of them. The game was directed by the guy who did Skyward Sword and they attempted that with that game too, but it works much better in BOTW.

Shrines pretty much take the place of caves, but it still would've been nice to have them. Hide shrines and treasure in them and just something different to explore plus it could allow for more different types of enemies.
>>
Where's this game in the timeline?

End?
>>
>>375908851
>Who's genius idea

Not yours, evidently. It's 'whose' you dope. Whose idea.

Just pretend you're saying hooze or something, instead of hoo-uss. You know, "HOOZE GENIUS IDEA WAS THIS?"
>>
>>375909470
Seems likely. The previous game Skyward Sword was the beginning of the time, I think BotW is the book-end polar opposite.
>>
>>375909682
End of which timeline though? Or is it a merge?
>>
I want to date Paya!
>>
>>375909786
It could be a convergance of timelines. There's a new Hyrule Historia volume 2 which will probably confirm but to be honest, Nintendo really don't give a fuck about time lines, they just want make games and not have their creativity stiffled by have to consider some over-arching story.
>>
>>375910104
>New Hyrule historia
AAAAAAAA
>>
File: C-4p4zCV0AA2VM5.jpg (88KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C-4p4zCV0AA2VM5.jpg
88KB, 1200x675px
I'll definitely buy the expansion pack. I'm hoping we'll get more details about the new quest at E3.

Only yesterday another anon pointed out that the RGB settings on the Switch sould be set to FULL range rather than the defult AUTOMATIC.

Straight away I noticed how much more vibrant the game looked.
>>
>>375910104
The new book is called Hyrule Encyclopedia, it wasn't made by anyone on the staff on Nintendo, literally at the beginning says so with a disclaimer on how they took liberties with the story.
Shit is as good as fanfiction.
>Inb4 HH is also fanfiction cuz I says so!

HH is approved by Miyamoto and Aonuma.
>>
>>375909786
There is not timeline convergance, that's some retarded theory adult timeline fags shill to keep WW relevant.

Zelda literally tells you the chronology while speaking of the master sword (SS, OoT, TP)
>buh mu Rito
10,000 years is enougth for natural evolution to take place, not to mention these Rito look nothing alike to those in the adult timeline.
>>
>>375910884
>plebs still don't know about the full range
Lmaoing@you fags.
>>
Temperatures, weathers, fires, wind direction, runes, towers, gliding, all great additions to the otherwise stale as fuck open world gimmick.
Multiple food buffs, buffing past +3 STR, armor set for the rain, armor set for gliding, horse controls, cook/hold menu being the default option at cooking pots, offering to swap an item with the new one when inventory is full, remove divine beast instancing and make their presence in the world actually part of the fight, world puzzles like labyrinths should just give you your rewards at the end instead of forcing you into a shrine/loadscreens
Most things, honestly. Some shit needs to be improved but nothing is unforgivably garbage.
Way too many load screens and shitty instances for an open world game.
>>
Tried it on CEMU. It's a trash game, I don't understand the hype behind it.
>>
>>375903051
would be pointless to have so many swords and weapons scattered around the place.
>>
>>375911575
>Tried it on CEMU.

That's where you went wrong faggot.
>>
File: bab1cb91aeb6adeec7e9badaf9e799ad.png (486KB, 1021x1121px) Image search: [Google]
bab1cb91aeb6adeec7e9badaf9e799ad.png
486KB, 1021x1121px
Do spears need high durability because they use lots of rapid hits that would wear them down quickly?

Is Mipha's trident an endgame-tier weapon?
>>
>>375911575
>It's a trash game.
Why?
>>
>>375912310
Salt. Pay no attention.
>>
>>375912094
Mipha's spear sucks. Electric spear is where it's at
>>
>>375911575
Stay salty fag. I'm an idort not a nintenbro at all, and this is the best open world rpg since the Witcher 3.
>>
Anyone else feel this game was too short?
>>
Oh shit Nintendo comes to you and asks you to add one element into the sequel, which will resemble BoTW
The options are:
>A combat system from a game of your choice
>larger, intricate dungeons with unique rewards
>a expansive, good plot

Which one do you pick?
>>
>>375913263
Combat
Dragons dogma, but with less stat fuckery
GOAT
>>
>>375913263
I would pick dungeons tbqh

Why would anyone pick story
>>
>>375914454
I would. I enjoyed the stories of all the zeldas, won't mind one good one. Plus, a good story would lead to interesting settings and scenarios
>>
>>375914867
But it would be linear, which would detract from BotW's structure
>>
Am I the only one that liked the durability? At the very worst for me it does nothing, at its best it makes me use the environment more

But then again I love menu sims so
>>
>>375915708
I don't mind it, but I don't think it adds a lot to the game either
>>
>>375915708
Hell no. At best it is ignorable, at worst it was annoying
>>
Where is Paya's birthmark?
>>
Why are flame weapons so fucking useless?
>>
>>375916859
>keeps you warm
>light niggas on fire
>can melt ice
>useless
????
>>
File: 1462989632512.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462989632512.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
Cemu 1.7.6 CRACK(memes) WHEN?

>Emulator with DRM
We know, the maker is a gigantic fucking jew and shit.
>>
>>375907301
Final boss fight

It's also scattered around the game in pieces, Kass plays it on his accordion, some of the memories have versions of it
>>
>>375916859
I'd argue electric weapons are even more useless. The only thing they provide are temporary stun and +20% damage added on to the base.

At least with ice weapons, you can one hit kill fire enemies, and vice versa with fire weapons. Not to mention you can light shit on fire with fire weapons and change body temperature with those weapons.

Also, just beat the game the other night. It was the only game I played for 2 months straight, got almost all armors upgraded to max, 105/120 shrines, all divine beasts, all memories, almost all sidequests, almost the entire compendium filled out, and around 130 korok seeds. I'mma call it quits for now until the DLC comes out so I can focus on my huge black friday 2016/early 2017 backlog.
>>
>>375917347
Electric weapons are fucking great in rain though. The stun is OP as well
>>
>>375916947
>>375917347
Electric makes them drop their equipment which you can then take so they don't have a weapon or shield.
>>
>>375902997
exploration, the world isn't huge for the sake of bragging rights. Practically something to do in every area you go to.
1. Have majority of the shrines not be duplicates
2. Make horses worth using
3. More enemy variety (fuck off nintenbros, my opinion)
4. Fewer weapons be made of glass
5. Not make eating so easy to access when in battle
6. Less rain
The stamina wheel, but up the amount you get from the start.
The current dungeons and replace it with something more reminiscent of previous Zelda games.
>>
File: IMG_8498.jpg (177KB, 974x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8498.jpg
177KB, 974x1024px
Just wish weapons didn't have such short durability and that we could have at least a weapons merchant who can also repair them too. I'm bummed that the Forrest Dweller Sword and Kite Shield don't respawn.
>>
>>375902997
The voice acting is total ass

The Divine Beasts were barely dungeons, reduce the total number of shrines and put more effort into fully fledged dungeons

Weapons need to be made out of a material other than glass

Needs more enemy variety

Music could have more presence, like older Metroid games

Could have a meatier main story and more side quests

Fast traveling should be limited in someway.Actually felt as if Horizon Zero Dawn did this better
>>
>>375917886
>CRAFT TRAVEL PACKS TO FAST TRAVEL!
>you actually have the materials with you at all times anyway thus just adding a layer of tedium to fast travel
I do agree it should be limited, but HZD's way is not the way to do it

>>375917770
Quite sure all weapons and shields do once every blood moon. Also kite shield? I have literally never heard of it
>>
>>375902997
Combat and physics improvements, Lynels.

Lack of good interior areas, weapon/enemy variety, remove durability, bosses being far too easy, too much time spent in menus/cooking, general flow of Divine Beasts (quest to enter, minigame to enter, get the map, flip five switches, fight the boss).

Same things the game did well.

Weapon durability, shrine hunting, cooking food.

>>375917347
Electric stun is stronger than the fire burn, and electric weapons have great synergy with frost ones. Blizzard+Thunderstorm rod is OP for mobs, and Great Frost+Great Thunderblade is OP for Guardian Scouts and Yigya ninjas. Fire is indeed the worst of the lot.
>>
>>375912310
He died too many times on noob plateau
>>
>>375918110
I guess another option would be to go to the nearest shrine or tower (add a terminal at the base when the tower is active) to initiate fast traveling
>>
>>375918136
Shrine hunting is great, why do you want it removed? Cooking is okay but just overpowered, not sure why you want it gone as well
>>
>The voice acting is total ass
Yes the English is ass but its patched now with 9 languages ingame

>The Divine Beasts were barely dungeons, reduce the total number of shrines and put more effort into fully fledged dungeons
Divine beasts had gimmick(s) to solve puzzles that you cant anywhere else
Shrines are 1-4 puzzles with an additional harder puzzle for an extra award
yes its very short but i think they focus more on exploring the world then dungeon. Big dungeons size of Hyrule Castle would have been great if they were spread out around the world.
Although they had to cram 120 Orbs into the game keep interest going while traveling.
They could have made it 30 big dungeons for 30 orbs and 1 per upgrade but this would make a lot less fast traveling

>Weapons need to be made out of a material other than glass
This forces you to think on the fly if you want to use certain weapons/shields instead of sticking with 1 op set the entire game

>Needs more enemy variety
Yes

>Music could have more presence, like older Metroid games
Sometimes i forget the music is there but once its there its nice. This is an opinion honestly

>Could have a meatier main story and more side quests
I think they focused more on exploration and finding things out on your own for this one instead of hand holding.

>Fast traveling should be limited in someway.Actually felt as if Horizon Zero Dawn did this better
Optional. Dont use it if you dont want to.
>>
>>375918769
Mate it's just a suggestion I guess. Also I know it's optional but I have no self control so sorry bout that
>>
>>375918847
true. but i do agree on some points
Lets hope the next zelda games give bigger dungeons since Ninty has said they are going to use this model now
>>
>>375918542
>Shrine hunting is great, why do you want it removed
Because it came at the cost of regular dungeons, encourages copypaste design and gratuitous amounts of walking between time.

>not sure why you want it gone as well
Pausing to cook twenty meals is boring.
>>
>>375904904
Lmao you got memed
>>
>>375918769
>This forces you to think on the fly
No it doesn't, just switch to something else, keeps your best stuff benched most of the time, and encourages you to avoid combat because you don't want to break stuff.

>instead of sticking with 1 op set the entire game
Casuals aren't going to be able to spot the differences between weapons now, and you'd still switch between weapons to take advantage of their different strengths (Flurry with 1H swords, spin2win, etc). And there really isn't enough weapon variety as is to try and force it.
>>
>>375916843
see
>>375907774
>>
There definitely needs to be a cool down for meal consumption. You can juat go into a tough fight with a shitload of meals and cheese it.
>>
>>375918928
>cost of regular dungeons
Actually I don't agree. They can coexist. There is nothing wrong with shrines existing. I do agree the combat shrines are copy paste, but disagree for the puzzle ones
>pausing to cook 20 meals is boring
There is no need to do it so often, so it never got too boring for me. I just ate raw food most of the time
>>
>>375917124
>It's also scattered around the game in pieces, Kass plays it on his accordion, some of the memories have versions of it

Ahh, thanks.
>>
>>375919353
>There is nothing wrong with shrines existing.
They're not as good as regular dungeons, all look super samey, all give the same reward, and give Nintendo the excuse to claim the game is full of content because of them.

>There is no need to do it so often
There's no downside to it and even pausing infrequently to cook is still boring.
>>
>>375919571
I know they are not as good as regular dungeons, but i have no idea why them existing will somehow detract from dungeons. I can maybe understand if you're talking about game resources but the way the shrines are structured can't be applied to a dungeon, so I doubt its the dungeon team making them
I actually like the act of finding food and like the cooking animation so there is a downside to me
>>
>>375917770
>tfw have to keep going all the way back into the castle to get the knight gear
>>
What is safe to sell, it feels like everything has a use
>>
>>375905346
>>favourite divine beast
Vah Ruta by far
>>favourite NPC
The lady in the Zora domain shop that screams at you
>>favourite weapon
Meteor Rod
>>favourite location
The Beach
>>favourite track
Akkala tech Lab and Malanya's theme
>>favourite town
Rito Village
>>
>>375919979
Precious stones.There's a Gerudo that shows up later in Goron City that gives you a better deal for them
>>
>>375919979
Search up your favourite armor's upgrade materials on google.

Sell the rest
>>
>give an option to make weapons of your choice unbreakable
>more types of enemies
>robust dungeons
>cooking repeat recipes doesn't require menu labyrinths

These would make for a perfect sequel
>>
>>375920235
>make one weapon invulnerable
Fucking this. Why can't they do it as an end game thing? I deserve it at that point

Oh well, at least the DLC gives you the glowing MS at all times, which has insane durability
>>
>>375920158
How later? After Gerudo divine beast?
>>
File: C-8_oXTVwAAw7RX.jpg (101KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C-8_oXTVwAAw7RX.jpg
101KB, 1200x675px
>>375902997
It lets the player do almost anything they want.
Slightly more durable weapons and a few optional hidden traditional dungeons for us to come upon during our explorations.
>>features you want carried over to the sequel
The sense of freedom.
>>features you want to be removed ASAP
Nothing.
>>
>>375920929
I don't know, check the bar. IIRC she should be there
>>
>>375920929
She showed up for me after the Goron divine beast
>>
>>375919849
>the way the shrines are structured can't be applied to a dungeon
The time spent designing shrines could be put towards dungeons instead. They let Nintendo say 'we don't have as many dungeons because we have all these shrines instead'.
>>
>>375921724
I doubt they said that. The shrines are likely done by a seperate team, I feel
>>
>>375922071
So what did the team designing dungeons do?
>>
>>375922136
Apparently worked three days a year
>>
>>375922136
The divine beasts and hyrule castle, likely, or they just sat on their hands and chilled for this game
>>
>>375902997
>Things you think the game does well.
Freedom
>Things you think can be improved.
Geometry
>Features you want carried over to the sequel.
Eh... dunno, most things I gues
>Features you want to be removed ASAP.
The cutscene for when the blood moon arives, just let monsters spawn like the do in the cutscene while you're playing, but make it so they revive in a random way so it's not poof all at the same time, and more like they revive during the moon at the time the moon is up (maybe have stronger monsters revive almost at the end of the moon, and let the moon stay longer so there's a chance for monsters you kill during the moon to respawn again.
>>
>>375922503
The blood moon should also do more than revive desu. Like maybe make them revive again and again until the night is over
>>
How many korok should I get to have semi decwnt amount of all weapon slots?
>>
>>375922692
Yeah, that was what I put in the end of the post.
Maybe make them stronger during it, so red ones are as strong as blue ones and so up.
Also, make gravity 10% lighter or something just to make us "feel" the strength of that moon.
>>
>>375902997
None.
Everything.
None.
Everything.
This game is utter filth.
>>
>>375922895
50-60 is enough for me

>>375922897
>Gravity shenanigans
YES
>>
File: MJTskdL.jpg (621KB, 2395x1996px) Image search: [Google]
MJTskdL.jpg
621KB, 2395x1996px
Where would you place six temple entrances and two mini-dungeons(Ikana Castle/Ice Castle/etc) on this map?
>>
>>375923614
The minidungeons should be up a mountain

Temples are
>Lake Hylia
>Gerudo Highlands
>Death Mountain
>Mount Laharyu
>Tabantha Tundra
>>
>>375923896
Oh the last one should be at hyrule field
>>
>>375923987
>>375923896
The jungle area had Temple written all over it.
>>
Is the master sword breakble too? If so I won't fucking bother with it.
>>
File: 1493908292796.jpg (1MB, 2395x1996px) Image search: [Google]
1493908292796.jpg
1MB, 2395x1996px
>>375923614
>>
>>375924193
It regenerates. But yeah durability is dumb.
>>
>>375902997
I really feel like the Rito, Goron, and Zora cities should have all had a treasure equivalent to the Gerudo's thunder helmet. And they could have all have given you environmental upgrades and whatnot.

The Thunder Helmet basically makes electricity a non-issue.
Among the Zora you could have gotten the ability to make that spin dash swim move for as long as you hold down the button and have the stamina for it or something. Similar to swimming as a Zora in Majora's Mask. Making you considerably more powerful in the water.
The Rito could have given you a better glider or something.
Something like that.

Completing all the quests at the Gerudo, with the incentive of knowing that it made you closer to getting that thunder helmet. With it being a carrot of sorts. Was greatly satisfying.
>>
>>375905346
>favourite divine beast
Nabooris
>favourite NPC
Hudson
>favourite weapon
Savage Lynel bow (5x)
>favourite location
Hebra mountains
>favourite track
Either Molduga or Calamity Ganon phase 2
>favourite town
Lurelin
>>
>>375924193
>>375924589
Takes 10 minutes in real time to recharge.
>>
>>375924117
You mean the foggy jungle? I guess that will work, but I want more reward for climbs
>>
>>375925247
I still stand by durability being stupid. The master sword is an answer to their stupid durability system and I would've taken a 5 point dip in damage if it would never break. Losing my savage Lynel claw beater thing with attack up was a sad day.
>>
File: tc.png (619KB, 772x624px) Image search: [Google]
tc.png
619KB, 772x624px
>>375902997
I just want something to let me climb in rain or change the weather
>>
>>375925695
to climb in rain, you have to Git gud and time your jumps. You can ascend if you time it right
>>
File: FiveSpots.jpg (1MB, 2395x1996px) Image search: [Google]
FiveSpots.jpg
1MB, 2395x1996px
>>375923614
You mean considering the content that's already in the game?

Make the stuff leading up to the Spring of Courage mandatory and more involved
Upgrade the Arbiter's Grounds ruins, Thunder Plateau, and Herba Leviathan Cave.
Make Death Mountain have some sort of interior tunnel network and place entrances around the currently fucking empty outer cliffs of the mountain.

Limiting it to 6 makes the last one kind of tough, probably upgrade something in Hyrule Field, like the Colosseum or Bottomless Bog but I can't really decide.
Akkala Fortress should probably have an explorable interior too.
>>
>>375925951
>Akkala fortress
Yes! I was so dissapointed there wasn't an interior
>>
>>375902997

Remove Hearty effect from food, you can only get it on elixirs
Add empty bottles that you need for storing elixirs. One would be given to you on the plateau so you can make a cold resist elixir right away, the others wold come from quest rewards. Since right now, normal quest rewards are mostly shit except the ~3 that reward an armor piece.
Weapons can be repaired, or have enhancements added to them, at blacksmiths in towns
Completely remove level scaling.
Remove the 4th tier of armor upgrades
Make the Gerudo jewelry give a level 2 version of it's effect to offset the fact that it locks you out of set bonuses.
Add a few optional utility spells for changing weather and time of day
>>
Just started the game

Where should I go after the plateau?
>>
>>375927121
Hyrule castle
>>
>>375927121
Wherever u want bb
>>
>>375927121
Non meme answer : east
>>
>>375927121
Literally wherever you want

You probably should follow main quest up until getting the camera upgrade though, some side quests require it, and the guy who upgrades your inventory space first appears along the road to Kakiriko, which is really important because the number of melee weapon slots you start with is too low for carrying around both utility and sufficient fighting weapons at once imo.
>>
>>375927121
faron tower to get durians within warp distance, woodland tower to get a royal claymore every blood moon
ruined the game for you fyi
>>
>>375927712
what's so special about durians? I never used them in my play through.
>>
>>375927712
Is that claymore really not level scaled?
>>
>>375927894
Five durians gives you full recovery +20
>>
>>375920929
You have to clear Vah Rudania before she'll buy stones from you. She shows up prior, but complains that the heat makes it impossible for her to work. She walks around Goron City and the immediate surrounding areas.
>>
>>375927121
Kakariko > Hateno to get useful stuff. Eventide Island if you want a challenge. Alternatively, Gerudo Desert.
>>
>>375930370
Eventide island makes more sense towards the endgame when you're more used to being over powered
>>
>>375902997
>>375902997

I completed the game last week with all shrines,main quest,and side quests competed and clocked in at a bit over 170 hours.

Game was awesome all the way thru and I never once lost interest and Hyrule castle atmosphere was fantastic.
I'm def looking forward to hard mode and how many more monsters will be around( I'd be happy with about 4-6 extras) and would love to make another run thru when it's release.

The only thing that was a bit underwhelming was the the final boss.
Both spider ganon and final form ganon were cool as fuck, but the final form should have been a bit more challenging like his spider form.

I rescued all the guardians so that took of half of his health at the start,but I assume that ganon had access to all of his boss abilities, but he only used the fire form on me. I'll skip rescuing guardians on hard mode so I can fight him full power
>>
>>375903051
No weapon system is fine.
Just be smart with who you fight and what quest you are workin on
>>
>>375918136
But you can one hit kill ice enemies with fire based weapons, so they're pretty useful there.
>>
>>375932669
>No weapon system is fine.
Large portion of the weapons are completely identical outside durability and damage per hit, the movesets are tiny and it encourages you to skip fights and not use your best gear.

>>375932696
Oh I agree fire has its uses, just saying it isn't as good as the other two.
>>
>>375902997
The world itself. I'm the type of guy who likes exploring for exploration's sake and the world itself is gorgeous with lots of interesting landmarks and natural formations. Going through the Faron rainforest and seeing all the ruins and statues, climbing the Hebra mountains and seeing a giant peak made of ice, it's all cool shit.
The fact that you have a lot of effective options for travelling makes this even better. Shield surfing is still as fun as it was when the game came out. Being able to climb everything is great.

Horses control like shit.
The current system for healing is really broken. It needs to be done in real time and heal gradually or something because as it is now, unless you get one shotted, it doesn't matter how much damage an enemy does because you can just pause and full heal every time. It's not like food is hard to come across either.
Test of strength shrines get old after the third time. At the very least have some different enemy types if you're gonna have twenty of them.
Speaking of, enemy variety is bad yet again. People say that you absolutely need humanoid enemies who can wield weapons so you can replace them when they break but I don't think having a couple more monstrous, weaponless enemies would hurt. The game throws tons of weapons at you anyway, it's impossible to not be stocked up.
There are zero cave systems which is a huge shame. This game's mechanics would be fantastic for spelunking.

Basically everything just refined.

Nothing I can think of. Just refine what's there.
I don't think there's any particularly bad mechanics that the game would be better without.
>>
>>375905346
>favourite divine beast
Naboris

>favourite NPC
Kass

>favourite weapon
Savage Lynel Bow

>favourite location
Hyrule Ridge

>favourite track
Hyrule Castle

>favourite town
Gerudo
>>
>>375906338
>One of the most combat focused zeldas yet, and no darknuts? what the fuck.
I was pissed when Skyward Sword didn't have them either when it would have been perfect for them.
It's like Nintendo has forgotten about them
>>
>>375910884
Well fuck, I did not know this.
>>
>>375913263
Dungeons easily.
>>
>>375917347
They make enemies drop their weapons and have AOE in water. I took out an entire group of Lizalfos in the water with shock arrows with the AOE yesterday. It was good shit.
>>
>>375917347
Great for fishing
>>
>>375917770
Oh yeah I thought it was weird that there were zero weapon stores.
>>
>>375935231
You know that you can buy an entire arsenal of the best weapons in Akkala, right?
>>
what's the best place to farm dinraal stuff?
>>
>>375936748
Shit I forgot about Robbie.
Okay, there's one weapon store.
>>
>>375904904
"fully playable" means it doesn't fuck up in the first 2 minutes. after those 2 minutes i mean...you've played the game right? you can't deny that. so if it crashes or you can't complete a shrine it's still "fully playable" just not those areas
>>
>>375902997
Exploration
Cooking is slow and tedious
Scrap the entire fucking thing.
Weapon durability. Fuck that.
Literally no dungeons, The 4 divine beasts wouldn't be considered full dungeons in any other Zelda. Can we remove them removing that shit?

Switch
Fuck no.
>>
>>375936892
Around the back of death moutain, he follows along the line of the giant ravine there. You have plenty of room to get up high above him on the mountain slope. Worked for me anyway.
>>
>>375936892
Build a campfire on the skull of the Eldin Great Skeleton and keep cycling over to morning. He spawns right above there and gets close enough to shoot by about 6:00. Your drops will land over by the cliff's edge usually, so you just go grab them, then climb back up and start again.
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.