[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my friend and I have been having an argument about this for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: A singler player expeirence.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
A singler player expeirence.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
So my friend and I have been having an argument about this for the past few days.

He claims that Dark Souls is a multiplayer experience because of the phantom.

I told him no, that is a multiplayer aspect to the game. But it's still a single player experience.

He refutes this by saying phantoms are a huge part of the game, making it multiplayer.

Which of us is the austist?
>>
I dont know OP. Both of you sounds like faggots.
>>
>>375902594
fpbp
>>
Could be the invaders or the sunbros. I go with both of you are the autists.
>>
>>375902487
yeah you're a coupla cunts, sorry bro
>>
>>375902487
It's a single player game with multiplayer elements, but online is a huge part of it because of the messages and bloodstains

Playing with phantoms isn't the way the game was intended to be played
>>
Primarily a single player experience. Even some of the multiplayer components, like messages, bloodstains, and ghosts can be experienced with no other player in your world. The gameplay is balanced around singleplayer PvE, not PvP. That should be an obvious enough reason for you.
>>
>>375904965

>Playing with phantoms isn't the way the game was intended to be played

It quite clearly is, if you want. Covenants reward it.

There's no one way to play, though.
>>
>>375902487
It's a singleplayer game with a seamlessly integrated multiplayer component.
>>
Because of Dark Souls I've developed interest in HEMA, started working out to perform better, joined a longsword dedicated club, started studying history and became a much better person in general. When I first started dark souls, I was suicidal and miserable, now I'm happy and married.
>>
>>375902487
>cucksouls again
I don't know why you retards shill this game. It was seen as a failure according to from only surviving on microtransactions, it's hemorrhaging active players to the point where even witcher has more active players than dark souls

This dumb shit should be banned from /v/.
>>
>>375902487
You both sound like assess but ask him this OP. If you turn off your internet connection, can you still play darksouls?

There.
>>
File: bad dog.jpg (54KB, 521x697px) Image search: [Google]
bad dog.jpg
54KB, 521x697px
>>375902487
> discussing about videogames with your friend
> discussing for days
> posting on the internet about it
> being underage

you both are, you are also huge nerds
DAS is also an SP game with mp elements, stop trying to box it as one or the other.
>>
>>375905371
> pcpoor thinking he can discuss vidya

ask more allowance money from mommy
>>
>>375902487
You can play the whole game offline with no phantoms. Single-player with a multi-player aspect that is implemented well story setting and gameplay wise.
>>
>>375902487
Suck his dick. That will shut him up.
>>
>>375905523
He's fucking right though anon, as a community here souls fags are fucking cancer. They have 8 threads all at the same time and all they ever fucking ask is:
>"we all agree darksouls 3 was best right?"
>"darksouls II wot went so rite?"
> cancer> cancer> cancer> canver

Thats it. Half of the catalog taken up with this boring shit.
>>
File: 1493298926503.jpg (138KB, 1144x713px) Image search: [Google]
1493298926503.jpg
138KB, 1144x713px
>>375905673
>waah why am I being left out
>stop having fun waaaah
>>
>>375905673
Now that the dust has settled, we can agree that dark souls 2 was actually good, right?
>>
>>375905673
Then dont read the threads?

You dont see me raging in E-celeb threads how E-celeb threads are cancer, even though they are.

das2 babbies are just pcpoors that hopelessly cling to a non-shit port of the worst of the series.
>>
>>375902487
Your friend.
But you come to /v/ so there's no true winner here.
>>
>>375902487
DeS was designed to a MP experience and you get punished/locked out of content if you go offline. DaS was more casual and let you get almost everything single player. I honestly think you are getting a shittier experience without playing online. I only played BB once because invasions are rare to get
>>
>>375905815
No you fucking don't. Going offline is better because you can control world tendency.
>>
>>375905815
> being this new
> never having been past boletarean palace 1-1

kys
>>
Tell him to play it offline without summons so he can see how much of a difference it actually makes. The game is much more fun and challenging without a million signs/bloodstains ruining the scenery, no extra people to cheese everything for you and no constant fear of player invasions so you can take all the time you want to look around. Multiplayer is really only something people should get into after they've played through alone first imo
>>
>>375905925
So can you. By not being shit.
>>
what does multiplayer/singleplayer mean?

you're constantly in contact and interacting with other players in every portion of the game via bloodstains, messages, ghosts, and of course the various phantoms. even when you disable internet altogether the devs still feign a multiplayer component with dev placed messages and npc phantoms, both enemies and allies.

i dont think singleplayer/multiplayer experience works here for these kinds of games. even going alone you're still experiencing the game together with many other players. its like going to a concert, no matter if you go with friends or alone, youre still directly sharing the experience.
>>
>>375906052
I kinda half agree. You are right about not having all the bloodstains and shit in the way to ruin everything.

Every single message leading up to Yhorm kept telling me to run to the throne which just kinda ruined that fight for me.
>>
>>375906057
>servers constantly synch
>the current tendency is pure white all the time for online
Sure thing kiddo
I don't think you understand how it works, but enjoy this (You) anyways, it looks like you're starving.
>>
>>375905371
>microtransactions

nigga what?
>>
>>375905736
DS2 was a good game, but in my own opinion the weakest in the series
>>
>>375905726
Fuck off anon, three threads at the most are enough. Cunts like you have 10 threads and then complain about say, one Yakuza thread a day and say it needs a general. On top of that none of you have anything worthwhile to talk about beyond one thread, how you split that into 8 or 10 threads at once is beyond me.
>>
>>375906576
>10 threads
There's only been 2 DS threads today besides this one
>>
>>375905762
>cancer should be left unchecked by the mods and janitors even though it regularly eats up half of /v/ regularly

Fuck off. We have /vg/ for a good reason. Im not even saying one or two or even 3 threads are bad daily but mods allow way more than that at a time. How do you need that many threads whwn all you ever do is rank them in some dumb order. Souls fags don't even talk about them indiviually based on their own merit and see them as just expansions of each other because there is such little content seperating them anyway.
>>
>>375906767
it's a good game, people tend to talk about good games. I dont see you crying the same tears over the daily zeldashit threads, even though it's a trash game, people like zelda, so they talk about it.

Learn to use a word filter you autist, and take a walk outside while you're at it.
>>
>>375906074
>even when you disable internet altogether the devs still feign a multiplayer component with dev placed messages and npc phantoms, both enemies and allies

That is literally shit the devs put into the final game. That has nothing to do with being online and multiplayer. Its just single player notes.
>>
>>375906736
It's still fucking early anon. I bet if we had already had 2 tekken 7 threads before lunch fuckers would start crying to the mods.
>>
>>375906836
>over the daily zeldashit threads, even though it's a trash game, people like zelda, so they talk about it.

>multiple botw wild threads
>multiple Souls ranking threads
>multiple what did he mean by this threads
>multiple platform shit threads

Yeah. Those are all shit.
>>
>>375907002
and all filterable. I'm not entirely sure what your point is. You are some kind of phone poster that doesn't have a big screen and it offends you taht you see a picture and read one sentence of a thread that doesn't interest you?

Have you been to a doctor with this issue?
>>
>>375907397
I like Resident Evil games anon, but if we took up half the board everyday with no way fag posting i might point out something is up with that. Do you want us to end up like /tv/?
>>
>>375905161
>The gameplay is balanced
good joke
Playing INT with crystal magic makes DS ez
>>
>>375906836
you dont see the anonymous poster in other threads doing something?
>>
>>375907525
> pretending thread presence is some kind of conscious choice

time to see that doctor friendo
>>
>>375907942
But moderating them fucking is. Sorry you guys are all so sensitive about your ukemi simulator. Your only just worse than DMC3 fags for crying when some one calls your shit out.
>>
>>375908048
how would that work? Unless you are suggesting something a separate board like /mlp/ or pokemon, it doesn't make any sense. You just sound buttblasted over nothing anon. tip: go outside.
>>
>>375908135
>how would that even possibly work
>What is /vg/
>>
>>375908323
nah /v/ is fine for this. There's too many different discussions about thegame anyway. You can just use the word filter and go outside a bit more often.
>>
>>375908679
>j-just go outside

Are you autistic or something? Is normal required shit like that a bit special occasion for you?
>>
>>375905218
Have you ever wondered why is there such a discrepancy in numbers between pve and pvp covenants?
>>
>>375902487
more OT

I'm too stingy to pay sony money for fucking online, how do I defeat the abyss watchers in DAS 3 as a pyro with a magic sword?
>>
>>375902487
You're both retards, it's both.
>>
>>375902487
ask him if he considers fishing in world of warcraft a big part of the game
>>
It's whichever you want it to be. You can play completely solo, or afaik you can have a phantom with you almost all the time clearly making it a co-op multiplayer experience.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.