[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is someone other than EA-DICE going to make an arcadey 64v64

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: .jpg (386KB, 2560x1440px)
.jpg
386KB, 2560x1440px
When is someone other than EA-DICE going to make an arcadey 64v64 objective-based FPS?

There's a bunch of milsim games which pander to more casual players but nothing really fun and creative, you know? Planetside 2 is the only thing that comes to mind but the objectives in that game are so mundane. And it never feels like you're accomplishing anything, it just goes on and on until you quit.

What kind of maps would you want in this hypothetical large-scale-map team FPS? Go nuts.
>>
File: .jpg (112KB, 1024x828px)
.jpg
112KB, 1024x828px
TF2's Wacky Races meets Mad Max

Each team has four player-driven double-decker-bus-sized vehicles. If you fall into the road, you respawn at your team's last-place vehicle.
>>
File: .jpg (189KB, 1081x558px)
.jpg
189KB, 1081x558px
Have one team holed up in an underwater base (ala Deus Ex or Bioshock) and the other team assault it with huge submarines.
>>
>>375899217
Imperial Palace of Terra from 40k.
>>
>>375904170
>>
I'd love a truly fleshed out urban map that leads into a forest uphill mountain push with foxholes and tunnels.
>>
>>375899217
I would unironically love to play a new WW2 Battlefield game.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (350KB, 1920x1080px)
serveimage.jpg
350KB, 1920x1080px
>>375899217
>When is someone other than EA-DICE going to make an arcadey 64v64 objective-based FPS?

DICE never made a 64v64 game.

The only 64v64 game I know of is Tribes 2.
Then there's also a ton of Japanese games that get the scale but don't give a damn about powers of two, like Mobile Suit Gundam Online with its 50v50 mech combat.
>>
>>375904421
I kind of wish they'd revert the gunplay/gameplay to BF4 before doing so. BF1 just feels off to me, more like Battlefront than Battlefield. Though, I only played it shortly before returning it so it may be different now.
>>
>>375904515
BF2:PR I think has 128 player support iirc, and actually delivers a consistent 60fps unlike say, Arma. Man I miss playing that.
>>
>>375904626
>we will never get an actually optimized ArmA3
Why are we still here?
>>
>>375904278
>>375904170
How difficult would it be to lay siege to the imperial palace?
>>
>>375904626
Only 100 players, actually. Same as MSGO.
>>
>>375904795
There is no info on it aside from it being a complete rip-off from Ghost in the Shell.
Watch the second Ghost in the Shell movie and decide by yourself as it goes into more detail.
Basically, you couldn't do a full-scale assault but you could easily work with the underground to get around, something Eldar have done more than once in the past.
>>
>>375904750
Apparently they're working on an entirely new engine for Arma 4 if you believe the rumours though that has no guarantees of improved performance. But I think the fault lies more with the community in that they insist more players = more fun regardless of the performance hits. The best experience I had on Arma 3 is the EUTW servers when they place focus on part of a map (i.e. not much autistic walking) and usually have around 60 players at a time.

But Bohemia really fractured the community by the paid DLC map. And the paid content that litters the original maps. They dun fucked up.
>>
>>375904750
>>375904976
>we want hyper-accurate butt-ugly realizm
>we want big maps and big servers
pick one plz
I don't give a shit if the game looks like San Andreas so long as it plays good, but I'm not a simfag.
>>
>>375904976
>Apparently they're working on an entirely new engine for Arma 4 if you believe the rumours though that has no guarantees of improved performance.

Sounds like bullshit.
You have to rememebr ArmA has always been and always will be a stripped down version of a combat simulator they sell to NATO.
It's not developed like any other game out there making sure their precious personal potato could run the thing well. Accuracy over performance has always been their goal since military does not give a fuck about how expensive the computer it runs on has to be.

https://bisimulations.com/virtual-battlespace-3
>>
>>375905142
>pick one

It doesn't have to be that way at all though. Arma 3's main issue lies with it's horrendous multi-core support both server-side and client-side. Graphics has little to do with it.
>>
File: 1484284539237.gif (210KB, 280x199px)
1484284539237.gif
210KB, 280x199px
>>375904942
>rip-off of Ghost In The Shell
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.