[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is either game worth it /v/? I've heard them compared to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (51KB, 316x206px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
51KB, 316x206px
Is either game worth it /v/?

I've heard them compared to Zelda and God of War, which are both fantastic series, but does it capitalize on the strengths of these inspirations or is it an awkward mishmash?

tl;dr Tell me about the Darksiders series /v/
>>
>>375895004
They are both very good games
>>
At that discounted price, yes they are worth it. If you were to ask me if both games were worth full price individually, I would say no. They are alright games, they definitely aren't bad, but they aren't going to blow you away either.
>>
average game with awful voice acting
10 canadian Riyals is too much
>>
>>375895137

1 was solid and definitely airtight. Even the PC port was good.

2, not so much. Especially since the first or second dungeon has like a 10% chance of randomly breaking the game, meaning you had to delete that file.
>>
>>375895004
This franchise isn't overly popular, so it fortunately falls outside of /v/'s blind hatred parameters.

The games are fun. Combat is enjoyable and the occasional platforming and puzzle elements are good. It's not perfect, and it certainly has its flaws, but I still like it quite a bit.

At that price, it's definitely worth it. If you really don't like it, you'll know early on and should still be able to return it.
>>
>>375895372
Even with the recent "fixed" versions? (Warmastered and Deathinitive)
>>
>>375895004
Fuck Darksiders 1. That game lost me when they started to make you do those shitty time trials in order to get to the next boss.
>>
>>375895004
It's alright. Easily worth that price.
>>
>>375895491

Have not tried those versions, so I can't say.
>>
Look at some gameplay and another thing

make SURE YOU LIKE THE CHARACTER DESIGNS!!!

They looked too goofy to me and it definately affected my enjoyment of the game
>>
>>375895503
git gud
>>
>>375895004
its a zelda clone with gore its pretty good it even has more main dungeons than botw ;-P
>>
>>375895503
>the game is bad because I am bad

There's a logical fallacy for this I'm sure
>>
>>375895590
I only really have a problem with War visually, he looks way too "World of Warcraft" for my tastes. Death is fine though.
>>
>>375895718
yeah you're right that's the one I don't like, he's too bulky and as you described WoWesque
>>
>>375895004
Both masterpieces. They make LoZ and GoW look like shit comparatively t b h.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAA.gif (554KB, 540x772px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAA.gif
554KB, 540x772px
>Darksiders 2
>Backtracking in the Land of the Dead
Also fuck that "Do all 100 rounds in the arena in one go for that armor piece" bullshit
>>
>Buy it
>Darksiders 2 can't boot up, crashes at launch
>Can't seem to fix it

Fuck this shit man
>>
>>375896179
I dropped DS2 at the Land of the Dead because it seemed way less interesting than the game's first part.

Does it get better?
>>
File: trash where trash belongs.png (31KB, 381x411px) Image search: [Google]
trash where trash belongs.png
31KB, 381x411px
>>375895004
It's got very little Zelda to it. Like the framework of Zelda with dungeons and semi linear worlds, 2 is more open like TP and OoT, but instead of puzzles mostly just GoW combat trials.
>>
>>375896480
After that, you go to an angel outpost, do a shooting segment on Earth, and then the last level before the final boss is Samael's fortress hoping back and forth through time. Land of the Dead is perhaps the worst zone of the game considering its size and lack of shortcuts
>>
>>375895004
The first game is alright. If you like playing Zelda for the Zelda formula, then it's a worthwhile dip into that style while also being a very shallow but nice-to-play hack-n-slash. My biggest issue with it is how padded and unfocused the game can feel, and I don't really care for War as a character.

If you want to play the first Darksiders, Warmastered is the way to go.

The second game is a marked improvement. Deathinitive Edition has some major issues across certain hardware (two of the DLC bosses crash consistently for me), but the game is otherwise playable. Combat and platforming feel significantly better in DS2, dungeons progress at a faster pace and see some really neat expansion of ideas. The biggest issue is that some of the gadgets feel like retreads. Some of the DLC content is fantastic, and Death's VA and character are excellent, albeit static.
>>
>>375895491
Warmastered has been fine-tuned. Deathinitive has several consistent crashes for me in optional areas, and will crash elsewhere for other players.
>>
>>375896854
oh also, DS2 introduced a loot system and having different weapon types was great but the stat differences are worse than useless from a design standpoint.
>>
>>375896480
I thought it was great once you actually start digging into the dungeons in the area. Before then, it's kind of boring.
>>
>>375896854
Seconding this. I lost my Darksiders 1 save just after I got the horse and could never be bothered to finish the whole game again. Unlike 2 that I already played through three times.
I really think 2 is also prettier than most games due to colours and skyboxes. Angel's town is really amazing.
>>
>>375895684

>says "there's gotta be a logical fallacy for this"
>ironically commits a logical fallacy by re-stating the argument being made by the other person as a different argument
>>
>>375897206
Yeah, Darksiders 2 has a really crisp style, especially on PC. First game looks kinda' muddy by comparison.
>>
So, which games will it ripoff this time?
>>
Before I start DS2, someone simply how I should upgrade weapons. I watched some youtube videos and seems too complicated for an action adventure game.
>>
>>375895491
Yes. I own one of them and in one of the dungeons (3rd i think) the game fucking broke, and I can't progress anymore. Shame, I enjoyed it though not enough to start over.
>>
>>375899120
You talking about possessed weapons?
Just select them in your inventory and it'll have an option that says "upgrade". Once you select that, you can feed it your other items to improve its stats and add more traits.
>>
>>375895004
Essential comfy-core

I don't know about "the best games ever" or "revolutionary works of art", but the two Darksiders games are objectively the comfiest action RPGs to be released this decade.

>takes notes from the best while maintaining its own unique style
>Satisfying af combat
>Abrahamic A E S T H E T I C

I wholeheartedly recommend OP
>>
>>375895004
2/10 clone filth don't bother
>>
>>375895004
1 > 2 in general feel
Gameplay wise
2 > 1
>>
>>375895718
Warcraft didn't invent this kind of character design.
>>
>>375896357
>Return it
>get money back
>feelsgoodman.jpg

That wasn't so hard was it?
>>
>>375895372
>>375895491

the puzzle ball got stuck and i dropped the game
deathinitive on PC
>>
>>375895004
I never played the second but the first one was pretty bland, worse than skyward sword but okay if you really want a Zelda clone. Don't listen to people here, I don't know why but they really love Nintendo clones and will say they are superior e.g. Sonic all-stars racing which is utter trash and doesn't hold a candle to Mariokart wii.
>>
DS1 is a blatant Ocarina of Time ripoff with edginess and a WoW aesthetic - if you can deal with that you'll have a good time. When I say ripoff I mean the works. I'm talking block puzzles, dungeons featured around a single new item, you even have to collect four heart containers to upgrade your health bar. There's also a blatant Portal ripoff dungeon but that one was really good. It's not got an original bone in its body, but it's very solid. When it came out people called it the best Zelda game in years. Also, Mark Hamill. THE BEAMS, REDIRECT THE BEAMS

DS2 is very bloated, in my opinion. DMC-lite combat with tons of weapons, mixed with open world-style fetch quests, Diablo-style loot system, a third person shooter, a little SotC boss climbing, RPG stat system and so on. Each individual part is good enough, but smashing them all together into one game doesn't really work. You'll accidentally kill enemies before you can form a cool combo because you're levelled too high. You'll do a long fetch quest to get a shit little randomly generated weapon as a reward. And so on. It's still worth a playthrough to be sure, but bear in mind the final quarter really drops the ball after a very enjoyable first half. Death's snark is amusing after the Kratos-like War from the previous game. THIS IS NO PLACE FOR A HORSE
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.