[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to play a Japanese N64 game on an American console?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Is it possible to play a Japanese N64 game on an American console? I want to get some Japan imported some games since it's cheaper, but I know shit about region locking on older systems.
>>
>>375888486
The console itself is not region locked. The cartridges have slightly different backings preventing you from inserting a JP cart, JP cart is on the left in the pic. All you need to do is swap the back of the cart, I've done it with a shitty throwaway game like sports game.

You can also buy adapters and gamesharks will work anything that can get around the physical difference not allowing you to insert the cart will work.
>>
>>375888782
I should also add you can also file down the tabs in the cartridge slot but I don't recommend then.
>>
>>375888486
How come Adeleine's shirt is green in artwork on the box and manual but blue in the artwork online?
>>
You can remove a chip from the bottom of the JPN cart for it to work in NTSC
>>
>I want to get some Japan imported some games since it's cheaper
Quit being a fucking poorfag and either buy the English versions or a flash cart.
>>
>>375888486
Not possible. Older consoles aren't unicode.
If you try to put a japanese game in an english console it won't be able to read the japanese code so it won't run.
>>
>>375890415
>not buying the Japanese versions of retro games in the boxes for cheap
P L E B
>>
>>375890687
I'm not poor, so I bought the English versions of all the games I wanted years ago.
>>
File: CAM00752.jpg (466KB, 2560x1920px)
CAM00752.jpg
466KB, 2560x1920px
>>375888486
The 'Region Locking' comes from some plastic in the console, similarly to the SNES. Just remove the plastic or butcher your carts and you are good to go.
>>
>>375890415
You know, just because I can afford a 50 dollar N64 game, doesn't mean I should.

I rather spend that shit on steak and lobster.
>>
>>375888828
There's no harm in it, in fact, it's only slightly more difficult than prying the tabs out of an american SNES to allow sfc games to play on it.
>>
>>375891306
>You know, just because I can afford a 50 dollar N64 game, doesn't mean I should.
Then buy a flash cart. You've had 17 years to buy Kirby 64.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.