[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK so i watched about 3 hours worth of MGS5=DS=SH theories and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: 1472160779585.jpg (1MB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1472160779585.jpg
1MB, 2400x1600px
OK so i watched about 3 hours worth of MGS5=DS=SH theories and i'm convinced. AMA
>inb4 i'm that mentally ill copypastafag

videos are the PythonSelkanHD ones

so either Kojima is creating the biggest ruse in the universe or Kojima just doesn't give a fuck and is carrying over a ton of ideas he had in mind for TPP and Silent Hills to Death Stranding
>>
3 hours of youtube theories!?
WOW! You must be an expert now!
>>
>>375887451
3 hours more than you, fag

i'm just here to answer questions because most of these 'NEVER BE GAME OVER' fags are arrogant af and never do that

i'll start by saying that things between kojima, konami, sony and guerrilla are not what they seem..
>>
Did you follow PythonSelkan's years-long series of conspiracy theories surrounding TPP?

They're fun to think about, but sadly Kojima is not nearly that clever, and the end result is wholly unsatisfying.

Hell, I remember the lofty speculation surrounding MGS4 back in the day. Boy was that a letdown.
>>
>>375887601
Yes, please tell me all these hot real scoops you got from youtubers!
>>
>>375887663
that guy just compiled a ton of info (kojima interview videos, tweets, trailer footage) together. i don't see why he would be any more or less credible than anything else

>>375887603
no, i haven't. what was the speculation on mgs4? from what i know, that game is also very unfinished
>>
>>375887371
What'd you have for dinner?
>>
>>375888594
chicken breasts
>>
File: 1464661774793.png (272KB, 430x477px) Image search: [Google]
1464661774793.png
272KB, 430x477px
ok fuck it. you fucking space vampires don't deserve to know this cool shit
>>
>>375889031
>Space vampires
>Alex Jones
>Youtube theories
>Cool shit
Checks out
>>
>>375887371
>so either Kojima is creating the biggest ruse in the universe or Kojima just doesn't give a fuck and is carrying over a ton of ideas he had in mind for TPP and Silent Hills to Death Stranding

It's the latter.
>>
>>375887371
>AMA
pretentious /v/ underaged fag

you dont know anything.
>>
>>375890636
the thing is, kojima and everyone in his group are making an awful lot of direct references to konami and treating everything with this very weird attitude
example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1bPQdbGyUY#t=39m0s
check out minute 39

kojima still constantly makes references to silent hills or pt on twitter. like i said, it's possible that he truly doesn't give a fuck and not with konami, but i'd assume if they really did fire him, he'd be bitter about it and not want to constantly make these types of tweets.

konami did make him VP in 2011, plus kojima announced both TPP and PT as non-konami titles and everything points to him planning this out years in advance
>>
>>375887371
I don't know why but im kinda hyped for this game. Is it finally time to buy a PS4 /v/? I liked the old MGS/Silent Hills but havent played em since ps2/ps1 days.
>>
File: 1470840996735.gif (2MB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1470840996735.gif
2MB, 288x288px
>>375891167
interestingly enough, MGS1 had a demo of silent hill

kind of weird how MGS has been primarily a game for sony consoles. PT was PS4 only. guerrilla is a 1st party sony dev. mgs4 reveal trailer had allusions to killzone (made by guerrilla). now it's "revealed" that kojima is partnering with sony and working with guerrilla with a team of 300 people (previously claimed to be 100)

nobody find any of this weird?
>>
>>375891669
>interestingly enough, MGS1 had a demo of silent hill
No, it didn't. At least not in Burgerland.
>>
>YEARS after release kojimafags still can't come to grips with the fact that he's simply lost it
It was pathetic when you guys were saying MGSV online would have a stealth patch. We're getting to the point where you fucks need to be PUT DOWN for your own good.
>>
>>375891815
PAL version had the demo
>>375891825
i'm just trying to have a conversation here. fuck, discussing vidya on /v/, what was i thinking?
>>
>>375891987
>discussing vidya on /v/

how dare you.
>>
I guarantee you every clue and connecting thread was planted but he has zero intent to make them reality so that:
>he thinks he's a genius
>he makes MGS fans run around like headless chickens
>he makes MGS fans look fucking insane to the rest of the world (aka ITT)
>force actual phantom pain as meta "le art" using videogames just like the past two decades
>>
>>375891987
>fuck, discussing vidya on /v/, what was i thinking?
No, you're not discussing vidya. These """theories""" have NOTHING to do with the games themselves and everything to do with jerking off your idol for all of /v/ to see.
You want to discuss MGS tips and tricks? Sure. You want to predict what sort of mechanics kojima will pull out with DS? Fine.
You want to do mental gymnastics to justify why MGSV wasn't a waste of money? Do it on reddit, kid.
>>
>>375892091
well, dorito man said kojima wanted to do MGS5 in 3 parts. don't confuse it with the unreleased chapter 3 of TPP, the 3 parts are: GZ, TPP and ???

i've mentioned the fact that kojima may just be taking concepts he was going to use at konami and implementing them independently, but some things go too far back.

for example, in GZ, one of the prisoners mentions the 'observer effect' and different dimensions/realities. this ties into the different dimensions in SH/PT and even DS and also metal gear survive on top of everything.

204863 from PT are not only the coordenates to iceland (DS trailer) but also if you read them differently, coordenates to the bermuda triangle (where motherbase was, where the helicopter in GZ crashes, and supposedly where the alternate dimension opens in metal gear survive).
>>
>>375892358
how was mgsv a waste of money if it made all of its development money back in 1 day?

i'm not even that much of a kojima guy, though i certainly also would like to discuss DS's gameplay. from what i gather, 'death' in DS will be treated a bit differently:

the only real example of this is prey. there is also an 'online' element to the gameplay which can only be compared to dark souls, how different players are all in their own different 'dimensions' of the same reality in effect. probably both the 'death' and 'online dimension' things interact with each other.
>>
>>375892859
>how was mgsv a waste of money if it made all of its development money back in 1 day?
Waste of YOUR money, not konami's.
>>
File: Death_Stranding.jpg (1MB, 2600x2600px) Image search: [Google]
Death_Stranding.jpg
1MB, 2600x2600px
>this triggers /v/
>>
>>375893003
how was it a waste of my money if i didn't buy it?
>>
>>375893058
oh my fucking god if joosten is shoe-horned into this game i will NOT buy it.
this is coming from a lifelong MGS fan.
>>
>>375893058
The joose is fucking adorable in everyday clothes. It actually hurts
>>
>>375892551
also a big plot point of PT is norman reedus killing a baby with an umbilical cord. kind of strange how in DS, norman reedus is attached to a baby via an electronic umbilical cord.

also remember how a big influence for TPP was moby dick? well, the kojima productions 'mascot' video has a whale, death stranding has a WHITE WHALE.

i'm fairly sure most of us can already acknowledge both PT/SH and DS deal with alternate dimensions (and so does metal gear survive and to a certain extent MGSV).

now watch this again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_PU3Q-glNg
in the first minute, you can see that the 'sky' is actually water, and you can see fish 'swimming' in the sky.
>>
File: death solid123.jpg (244KB, 1920x1441px) Image search: [Google]
death solid123.jpg
244KB, 1920x1441px
bravo Hideo
>>
>Fukushima leaves Kojima's team
>Konami gives Kojima full power
>4 was alright but too many stupid things happened
>PW was a piece of shit, dull casualized gameplay with a dumb mechanic used in those stupid mobile apps, retcons some stuff from 3
>MGS V is pure garbage, money and time wasted on an empty world with hardly a story, further retcons stuff from the MGS universe and completely destroys 3's story
>people actually believe Chapter 3 would fix anything with yet another shitty Sahelanthropus boss fight, another terrible ending, and muh nukes
>people still suck Kojima's cock and blame Konami for not giving him more money for an already unfinished product
>>
>>375891669
interesting how all of kojima's main guys are with him, norman reedus is with him, del toro is with him, junji ito is with him, etc

he is now getting closer to serious mainstream recognition. he is getting these bigger names for his projects, emma stone is rumored to be participating (it's a redhead in any case), kojima met robert de niro at tribeca, you can see all of the pieces coming together..

>>375893204
well she may be shoehorned in as Quiet
as far as DS's other protag, it's a redhead
>>
You fucks must get over it, MGS2 was 15 years ago and it was the only ruse cruise MGS5 wasn't and Kojima never intended on doing another one
Deathstranding will be just another TPS with 90% cinematics
And it will release in 2020
>>
>>375894768
There are so many contradictions in the span of TPP's plot that many think they are actually deliberate, and hope there's a miracle chapter that explains it all away
>>
Feel free to post away OP am lurking
>>
>>375892358
Go back to your Reddit threads and console war shit then you fucking faggot
>>
>>375895330
People like you so clearly weren't around for the initial arg for MGS gz/TPP. That was a fun ruse cruise.
>>
File: 1446459038694.gif (1021KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1446459038694.gif
1021KB, 500x484px
Nigger we had 3 YEARS worth of speculation and theories for MGSV, and everyone. EVERYONE. Proceeded to get blown the absolute fuck out when the game released.

The closest theory was that you weren't the real Big Boss, which was the day one theory, but also included a slot of bullshit like the games being movie dramas meant to glorify BB, or that you were playing as Decoy Octopus instead of literally who..

Three hours is fucking nothing. If you're convinced, you could be easily persuaded to jump off a cliff.
>>
>>375887371
are those data tapes worth shit
>>
>>375893058
>didn't play mgsv

>see joosten for the first time in this thread

>would smash till she is destroyed/10

I think I'm in love.
>>
File: 1420179330844.gif (942KB, 253x216px) Image search: [Google]
1420179330844.gif
942KB, 253x216px
>>375887371
How do any of these theories tie in with real world relations?

We're talking about big companies here who have exactly one priority: PROFIT. Even more so for japanese companies.

An elaborate ruse like that would be highly expensive on many ends and levels and noi executive right in his mind would EVER greenlight such an investment for a mere "joke".

Care to explain any of this like an adult?
>>
>>375889031
Thanks for LOL at your pathetic life, OP
>>
>>375898720

The real answer is that some /v/ posters are dumb. They just lack critical thinking skills and the ability to assess a situation realistically.

Anyone who thinks that a heavily conservative Japanese company like Konami would deliberately damage their own brand and reputation for one developer's art project is nutso.

All of the references to PT in Death Stranding is likely Kojima trying to make a game that takes ideas from the dead project, or is similar to it in some way.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.