[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, no judgments. Do you actually like the lack of ambient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: darkdemonsoulsborne.jpg (321KB, 843x411px) Image search: [Google]
darkdemonsoulsborne.jpg
321KB, 843x411px
Be honest, no judgments. Do you actually like the lack of ambient music in this series? People generally argue that the lack of music makes the boss themes that much more memorable, or the few places like the Ash Lake or the Upper Cathedral more special. But honestly, I would have preferred at least a little instrumental music, even if really subdued. I kinda grew to hate the long stretches of silence when playing them.
>>
>>375881008

I always kind of appreciated it.
Made the places with music stand out more. And those places really did have great music.

The rest of the time, I think the lack of it helps with the general sense of lonliness and unease most of the zones have going on.
>>
>>375881008
I think the silence adds to the atmosphere, as well as needing to hear audio cues clearly.
>>
bloodborne did it right
>>
>>375881183
>>375881219
These. Although I agree with you when you say a little music would have been nice, although I like that it makes areas with music and bosses feel special (firelink)
>>
There's not a real need for music. I mean you could hear the sounds of everything else going on so it's not like you were playing in dead silence until you got to a boss fight.
>>
>>375881402
That humming in the distance was annoying
>>
>>375881551
It was varied in terms of effectiveness. Latvia, for example, was fine because of the chimes from the mindflayers was so unique. Anor Londo was also fine, because emptiness was so integral to the concept of the area. Other places it was irratiing. Sword swipes or grunts are just boring sounds. I'm not talking like swelling orchestra either, but for some areas a little piano twin liking or light strumming.
>>
File: 1484283026593.jpg (40KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1484283026593.jpg
40KB, 400x388px
>>375881008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enkEiD8PC5o
Best area theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuHzagjqOLU
2nd best area theme

The few area themes they do have are really, REALLY top notch.
>>
I like hearing nothing but my armor clinking and clanking as I walk through an area.
>>
>>375881008
I love it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.