[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I played this for the first time today. Isn't it a bit overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I played this for the first time today. Isn't it a bit overrated?

I mean, the whole "going fast" thing is completely counter-intuitive with the intense platforming you have to do? It's fine for the first level, but as you get further into the game, and you need to stop to measure your surroundings and you need to wait for things to move so you can jump on them, it feels like the gameplay style they try to present is completely against the level design of the game.
>>
Too obvious. 3/10
>>
>>375871212
This is obvious as fuck, pathetic bait. You and any other idiot who parrot this are fucking retards. Stop thinking Sonic is only DURRRRRRRRRR GOTTA GO FAST XDDDD because it's not.
>>
>>375872283
>>375872569
why do sonicfags get so easily triggered

by now you think they would stop being sensitive to people being critical of the franchise
>>
>>375872283
>anyone who disagrees with me is baiting

>>375872569
When did I say Sonic was only "hurr durr gotta go fast," you moron? I said that going fast goes against the level design of the game, they might have well not even made Sonic fast in the first place, considering the fact that his quick turns makes it almost impossible to maneuver through the small platforms he has to jump and walk on.

Didn't even say whether the game was good or bad.
>>
File: 1489716273250.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489716273250.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>375871212
OP is clearly baiting, but he's not completely off the mark. Sonic 1 is kind of a mess, really. Green Hill is great, Spring Yard is great and Starlight is great, but Marble Zone is designed more like a Mario level than a Sonic level. Sonic 1 wasn't about "going fast," but it was about momentum and physics. With a level like Marble Zone where there are no slopes, dips and dives to be found, you're kind of shooting your concept in the foot. Sonic 2 did things a lot better.
>>
>>375872901
This. If OP wants slower pace he should play Sonic CD.
>>
The original Sonics are just ok same with the original Marios. They pass the time.
If only he couldve avoided being butchered into an autistic mess. Why couldnt he just have faded away in the 90's and been remembered fondly?
>>
>>375872774
Not him but moving on platforms has never been a challenge and I don't know where it comes from. You can slow yourself down and control your movement speed even in midair as well as jump at almost any time, so just use it to your advantage. I don't know what you mean by quick turns but if anything that should be helping you stay on them.
>>375872901
Sonic 1 was a great start but Marble Zone, while the platforming was alright, it did have too many stops and too little places where you could actually let your skill get you through faster. The rest of the levels were fine for that, even Labyrinth, though I can't remember Scrap Brain so well. 2 was the refinement of the concept.
>>
>>375875294
>it did have too many stops

Only one really, unless you count breaking the stone blocks as a stop.
>>
>>375872901
Back to your containment shithole.
>>>/vg/
>>
>>375875729
I blame my wording, but I mean most of the layout of the underground areas with having to push the blocks, jump along the blocks to get past lava, waiting for the spikes to drop and so on really feels like it adds up, and there's not really much you can do to get past them instead of the typical platforming. It stands out in my mind compared to all the other levels and not in a really good way. The part where you get chased by lava is cool though.
>>
This problem was addresses in following releases. I think its generally agreed that 2 3 and SnK did much better jobs at balancing gotta go fast and platforming. Personally my vote for best is split between 2 and 3
>>
>>375871212
Sonic 1 is the worst of the bunch. Play 2 or 3

>>375872692
Aaaaand it's bait
Not surprised
>>
>>375876390
>jump along the blocks to get past lava

Only once in the entire zone, the rest are skippable. I've done Marble Zone so many times the spike dropping/elevating part and jumping at the right moment feels like a dance, some times I even time it with the music.
>>
File: blacked.jpg (33KB, 439x462px) Image search: [Google]
blacked.jpg
33KB, 439x462px
did you guys like Sonic CDeez nuts?
>>
>>375877774
I suppose I'll take your word for it because of those digits. I don't remember any decent way to get past and the pace always felt like it gets controlled so much more compared to even later levels, and those few parts were enough to make it noticeable plus I never saw many other ways, but it has been a while since I last played.
>>
>>375871212
>Isn't it a bit overrated?
>Sonic 1
>overrated
Most people praise Sonic 2 or 3&K when talking about the originals. I've never understood why people point to Sonic 1 when claiming "Sonic was never good". Most Sonic fans don't think that much of Sonic 1 either.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.