[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix XV's combat? It has good basics and potential

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: XVwhenitwerks.webm (3MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
XVwhenitwerks.webm
3MB, 600x336px
How do we fix XV's combat?

It has good basics and potential but it's boggled down by many shitty design choices.

I'm doing a research, what are 3 changes you think are crucial to make it more enjoyable?
>>
Fix the camera and targeting.
>>
>>375841329
Go back to the turn based combat systems that were used when Final Fantasy games weren't complete trash.
>>
>>375841726

This
>>
>>375841726
Why waste good graphics on out of date turn based combat?
>>
>>375841726
>turn based combat
>not complete trash

What did he meme by this?
>>
- Ficar the camera. Change the angle and make the objects transparent if in front to make everything more easy to see.
- The auto targeting is pure shit, remove it.
- Give some way to fast recovery from Knockdown.
- Give it some kind of stagger resistance to characters and enemies. It sucks to be knocked down for little shit.
- Remove the life loss from the King Weapons, and make them do something unique.
- Redo the magic system entirely.
>>
>>375841329
1) Don't adjust the combat mechanics and animations around holding down a button

2) Make enemies work for the combat system you have instead of going for muh realism and improve variety in enemies combinations

3) What >>375841469 said
>>
>>375841726
>muh turn based
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck off
>>
>tfw replaying KH1 FM on PS4
>get to RikuAnsem fight
>Realize half of Riku's attacks are the same Noctis had during pre-Tabata FFXV days

Can a single day pass without me being reminded of the disappointment this game was?
>>
File: 1481751699892.png (252KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481751699892.png
252KB, 500x375px
I'd prefer if it was more tactical. Remove magic granades, add classic FF magic back in and a classic menu for magic and items. Since it has the hold button for attack and another for dodge, you could easily make it so that you use your other hand to pick spells, items and special attacks with the d-pad from the menu and use them with another button that isn't one that is your attack or dodge button. Also a button for tactical view where time stops and you can command your buddies and set up combo attacks.
>>
>>375841329
Make it turned based or XII like.
>>
>>375841329
The main problem with the combat is that it's often impossible to see what the enemies are doing, or sometimes even what you're doing

1. Attacks and dodges should be single presses. The "innovative" button holding is simply a bad idea
2. Enemies should have clear wind-ups to their attacks. I can't believe Tabata specifically requested removing them. There also shouldn't be so many enemies just mindlessly strewn around.
3. Magic system should be new moves (like the warp strike) instead of the same granade with a few different flavors that you can hardly even use in the middle of a battle

I think the combat isn't even close to the biggest problem with FFXV. The game doesn't have a single element that really works
>>
You don't. just let it die already. Why are you guys so obsessed with "fixing" it
That said you'd have to fully rework it from the ground up, every animation including enemy animations and actually try to fucking balance it. 99% of the shit you can do is useless and the enemies feel like they belong into a different game
>>
>webm titled whenitwerks

It still isn't working, that whole thing is such a clusterfuck just like the entire game.
>>
>>375843749
>Why are you guys so obsessed with "fixing" it

Many people were expecting many things from it prior to release and as a fact the game is still mid-development

Although I really doubt they will add anything to combat as a whole.
>>
>>375843948
So did i, but with every month since duscae i expected less and less. They had no idea what they were doing and every aspect just feels like they dropped it halfway thourgh and relied way too much on feedback. I feel bad for the dev team that had the keep up with that shit especialyl having to rework the combat system less than a year before release
I especially miss the mid combo warps from the 2013 footage, something like that is actually in KH 0.2 which is weird
>>
>>375844376
Same
2014 stuff still looked good too, but after that everything went to shit

>something like that is actually in KH 0.2
What do you refer to here? Can't think of anything Aqua does that resembles it
>>
>>375844539
Yeah, Duscae felt at least like they had a goal to reach with the combat. The way special attacks just worked with a button press, group attacks needed positioning etc.

I mean the teleports when you activate mickeys link attacks during normal battles, doesn't look exactly the same, but at least it's something. I expected way more from the whole warping mechanic instead of just using it for warp strikes to get in and out
>>
File: 1478874448243.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478874448243.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
>>375841329
-Health doesn't regenerate
-Damage is better balanced to work with non-regenerative health (a lot of attacks in the end game will one hit the player even if the player is over 20 lvls higher, this is just poor design)
-Item limitation (can only carry a few Phoenix downs and potions into dungeons. The game doesn't need to be hard it just need to be possible to lose)
-Also give the player more ap for fighting higher level opponents. Grinding low level enemies that you can't lose to to level up is dumb.
>>
>>375844807
Ah, thought so about the Mickey link
At least Osaka Team is trying to pull they shit together so maybe there's hope for KH III

As for Duscae, I didn't like it much either.
The combat there is more consistent, but was still very rough.
I refer to the Overture demo and Armiger gameplay they shown which were miles better than what we got.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.