[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you were to make NotStar Fox Game how would you do it? 1.What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

If you were to make NotStar Fox Game how would you do it?

1.What characters would you use?
Anthro Animals or something else?

2.What setting would you choose ?

3.Could a Star Fox like game be made in a setting other than space? What would that be?

4.What flaws of the main series would you change to make it 10/10 representative of the genre?

5.What gameplay elements would it need to include?
>>
A better question would be: How do we make rail-shooters popular again. Fortunately, it has a solution already.

SEGA needs to remember Panzer Dragoon exists.
>>
>>375840162
> Panzer Dragoon
I've never heard of that.
I need to look it up.
>>
>>375840537
You can' make a thread about Rail Shooters without having ever played Panzer Dragoon. Go get educated, swine.

Play the first three on the Saturn, and the 4th game on the OG Xbox. The 3rd Saturn game is an RPG, but don't skip it. It's one of the best RPGs ever.
>>
So far I can think of another space ship shooter

Fantasy where you fly on something (from dragon to flying carpet)

Western game where you ride on a horse or some other animal
>>
>>375839993
I always liked the immersion of being in the cockpit. I don't have the gif of this, but this is what I'm thinking of. Although this wouldn't be on-the-rails anymore but maybe there could be on-the-rails segments. Mass Effect 1 was a decent game and I think it did some things right. So on-foot portions of the game can be similar to that.

I don't even know if a game engine can incorporate all these styles easily but I'm just brainstorming and cherrypicking.
>>
>>375842036
Forgot the image. The only space fighter game I like nowadays is space invaders or galaga.
>>
>>375842130
Is this from a game?
Looks really interesting.
>>
>>375842323
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
This guy did a pretty good fan animation of starwars. I believe he was posting on /m/ a lot during this time.
>>
File: assault horizon legacy.jpg (57KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
assault horizon legacy.jpg
57KB, 640x384px
>>375839993
>1.What characters would you use?
deffo some qt chibi anthros a la the older Animal Crossing games to appeal to a wide audience who will find them cute

>2.What setting would you choose ?
A world very much like our own, with geology much like our own. Most battles would take place in atmosphere, or at very high altitude but still not yet in space.

>3.Could a Star Fox like game be made in a setting other than space? What would that be?
Yeah, Flysis/Space Cowboy Online was like that. It was a starfox-eque (in terms of controls and machines) korean MMO and most of the areas were in atmosphere of some planet or another. There was a space area but it was mostly places with rolling hills or canyons, because it's more interesting to fly through.

>4.What flaws of the main series would you change to make it 10/10 representative of the genre?
I always hated SF style controls where you more or less just point where you wanna go, or are on rails and are basically just playing a shooter. I would prefer if it controlled more like Ace Combat or HAWX.

>5.What gameplay elements would it need to include?
Probably rails shit for fans of the older games, but one could easily rip off AC:AH's "Dogfight/Airstrike mode" and the weird QTE dodging trigger thing that Top Gun Hard Lock uses
>>
>>375842820
That's interesting.
Thanks for the answers.
>>
File: biplane.jpg (137KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
biplane.jpg
137KB, 800x450px
>>375839993
Do a Star Fox reboot with a WWI fighter ace theme.
Boom, I saved the franchise.
>>
>>375840162
Don't forget After Burner and Space Harrier
>>
>>375844996
This is one of those really cool settings that simply isn't used enough/at all.

>>375845336
Those games are nice but they're too arcade-y, people nowdays can't get behind them.
>>
File: wall03_10x7.jpg (295KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
wall03_10x7.jpg
295KB, 1024x768px
Give pic related a sequel.

Steampunk Star Fox was my dream game as a stupid teenager but I didn't this existed. Just add some giant mechs and you're golden
>>
>>375846007
>>375844996
>>375845586
This is all they need to do. Same shit, different setting. Maybe make the game larger/longer. Have massive aerial battles with zeppelins and shit. Throw some steampunk in so the nerds gobble it up. Call it Sky Fox or something.
>>
>>375846464
What you described already exists, and it's called Crimson Skies. It was a flagship title on the OG Xbox.
>>
>>375846464
Not only is >>375846649 spot on but steampunk isn't as popular as it used to be. It's all about mallninjas now.
>>
This is how I imagine it:

Missions have gameplay like original Star Fox but with better controls.
Side missions with exploration like in Mass Effect
Also you can walk in your ship in between missions to talk with the crew and buy some upgrades, set your course.
>>
>>375839993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax3UzfJ1QYc
Make a new starfox in the style of kid icarus uprising.
>>
>>375850032

That's what the fuck Uprising originally was anon. The difference would've been it would've not been shit as Miyamoto wouldn't of been there to force his dumb ideas in it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.