[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winds howling.... Witcher thread Also some goodies for anon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: geralt-thumbs-up-1024x576.jpg (204KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
geralt-thumbs-up-1024x576.jpg
204KB, 1024x576px
Winds howling.... Witcher thread

Also some goodies for anons that might be interested in Gwent, but haven't got a key. Enjoy anons!

https://www.playgwent.com/redeem/ANYB49DB3C083ECAD8

https://www.playgwent.com/redeem/ANY1C61C14FFF6BFAE

https://www.playgwent.com/redeem/ANY1C61C14FFF6BFAE

Medallion's humming...
>>
File: Ciri.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ciri.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
>>375832850
>Best girl in the entire game
>Game won't let you fuck her

it's not fair
>>
>Best girl in the entire SERIES
>Game lets you fuck her, multiple times

Very nice.
>>
>>375832850
for anyone starting out in gwent

ciri is one of the best cards in your collection

craft yennefer: conjurer asap, you wont use her much once you make top tier decks but in the meanwhile she is one of the best openers in lower ranks
>>
I was thinking of reinstalling. Never finished the game but I got a new computer recently that I dicked out with some pretty good specs. Thought I'd restart and playthrough again.

Whats a fun skill build?
>>
>>375834005
i went into signs on mine and half my encounters are just aard + executions

i can eventually kill higher level monsters with igni but it can take a while
>>
>>375833781

What kinds of decks do you like running?

Some of my best matches right now come from Foltest decks built around reinforced siege towers. I've had people forfeit as soon as I res one out at the start of round three because they know what's coming.

Also Skellege built around removing strength from both sides of the field for Axemen and a war cry swing is fun as fuck when you pull out the war cry right at the end.
>>
>>375834005
Try using signs you wouldn't normally use, try creating a system of engagement around Yrden for instance, or Axii for temporary allies. There is a lot more variation than just
>Igni stun
>wack until not stunned
>repeat
>>
>>375834358
currently working on Nilfgaard while i wait for the weather rework

using most of the spy stuff with morvran, its nice to have access to my entire deck every game
>>
how does one roleplay glasses geralt in Witcher 2?

definitely get the tattoo, but otherwise what else? Bone Triss? Iorveth or Roche? Kill Trolls or bro trolls?
>>
>>375834765

Weather rework? I admit I haven't kept up with the dev blogs or anything so can you give me a quick rundown on what might be happening with weather?
>>
>>375835026
no information known outside of they plan on reworking weather + Northern Realms

hoping for more information to be released once the challenger tourney happens on the 13th

leaker guy showed us some of the single player campaign, but thats it no idea on dates for anything
>>
>>375834005
I have only done swords and alchemy builds so I might be due for a third run with signs. Swords was boring but I played on normal since it was my first run, alchemy was really powerful which is why I picked it for my death march run, those clusterbombs seriously fuck grouped enemies hard and obviously getting healed with every potion + more max toxicity + stacking random buffs make the build quite overpowered (I think I even played it after alchemy supposedly got nerfed but it still kicked all kinds of ass)
>>
>>375834005
Grab a mod to turn off level disparity penalties.

There are plenty of other decent overhaul mods to the combat as well, but removing the penalties is a must in my opinion.

I recommend an all-in-one like the Enhanced Edition mod.
>>
>>375836360
>level disparity penalties
???
>>
So Gwent is fucking great but where can I buy better cards? I've been beating every merchant that I come across for their cards and then buying the rest of their stock but some people clearly have better decks.
>>
>>375836447
try fighting lv16 bandits as lv6 Geralt
>>
>>375836447
Monsters more than a certain number of levels above you get huge incoming damage resistance and outgoing damage boost. Makes them a complete cunt to fight.

Unless they changed that with the GOTY edition.
>>
>>375836601
that's not a penalty. that's just levels.

you're saying you think the game is better if it's autoleveled?
>>
>>375836601
well you just shouldnt
>>
>>375836505
the good cards are mostly from gwent quests iirc

old pals quest is one

>>375836669
they actually get a buff outside of having better stats iirc
>>
>>375836748
I don't think so, as far as I know they just have more health and do more damage. than an equivalent lower level same type enemy
>>
>>375836669
You can use mods to remove levels from the game, so enemies have health and damage based on type.

You can also normalise sword and armour stats, making what you wear an actual choice based on aesthetics and auxiliary effects as opposed to raw stats.
>>
File: bogna-gawronska-false-ciri.jpg (2MB, 1044x1500px) Image search: [Google]
bogna-gawronska-false-ciri.jpg
2MB, 1044x1500px
>>375832998
>>375833280

REAL BEST GRILL COMING THROUGH!
>>
>>375836505
Almost every person you can challenge to a round of Gwent will give you a single card if you beat them, and the devs also did it smart, you don't have to play EVERY fucking NPC with a gwent deck in the game, you can miss a couple and still collect every card, the people you've already beaten or who don't have a card to give just give you like +5 iron or something. There's not much else you can do except talk to every single merchant, challenge everyone to gwent, beat them to take their card, do every gwent quest in the game and buy all the cards you can find. It will sort itself out
>remove weather cards from decks
>spies are overpowered
>foltest' double siege STR ability is the single most powerful leader action in the game
>>
wake me up when Ciri is real and is my loving, doting wife. I'm just gonna lie here... playing dead until then..
>>
>>375834923

> Bone Triss?
If you want, it doesn't matter going into TW3, so you may as well.

> Iorveth or Roche
Both are worth playing, but Roche is definitely the more logically and seems like the more "cannon" choice after the fact.
>>
>>375837628
you seemed to misread my post

which is more appropriate for GLASSES geralt aka smarmy asshole geralt who doesn't give a fuck
>>
Goys how do I play an eredin monster deck that isn't devour. And win
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.