[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any distinct advantage to having the weapon centered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1491368162741.jpg (13KB, 253x379px) Image search: [Google]
1491368162741.jpg
13KB, 253x379px
Is there any distinct advantage to having the weapon centered in the screen vs. having it oriented at the bottom right(or bottom left) like the more modern convention in FPS titles, when it comes to peeking around corners and the like?

Just in general, or for things like a rocket launcher where the rocket's flight path orients itself to the POV of the weapon.
>>
Most people find the centered rocket to be more helpful when trying to learn to rocket jump and the only advantage is that you don't have to lean as much leftwards from cover while shooting. The downside is that stock Rocket Launcher allows you for far easier ability to spam your rightwards from cover.

All in all it's mostly for preference and the upsides/downsides are so slight they don't help too much in the long run.
>>
File: lolibux.gif (200KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
lolibux.gif
200KB, 500x540px
>mfw got five strange originals

I should probably cash them in soon
>>
>>375831920
Former coach here. Yes I do regret my life choices. You should NEVER practice rocket jumping with the original, it's a crutch that will give you bad habits and hurt you in the long run no matter what.
>>
You get to see more of the right of your screen.
>>
>>375832154
gibs
>>
>>375830982
I find The Original better for rocket jumping, it easier and more consistent for wall jumps in particular since you can more easily turn left or right.

Fun fact due to the way aiming projectiles works in TF2, The Original is the only projectile weapon without any sort of aim assist
>>
File: 1487605553852.png (440KB, 697x960px) Image search: [Google]
1487605553852.png
440KB, 697x960px
>>
File: 1478959871057.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478959871057.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
The Original is great for the whole Freudian angle to it.
>>
you cant shoot around corners with a center weapon either, you can crouch slightly around corners with other launchers and shoot the tiny bits of turrets you can see without them shooting back, cant do this with the original

it worse than all the other launchers for that reason alone.
>>
>>375832218

what the fuck do you mean 'coach' what you told reddit shitters how to play like a /v/ shitter instead?
>>
>>375834187
Not him but there are some rocket jumping servers with teachers and shit for people who want to learn how to rocket jump, and I think that's what he means
>>
>>375834750
Isn't there a "coach" feature in TF2?
>>
>>375836172
Yes, but it's not used very often, and when it is, it's definitely not for rocket jumping, which is what he was talking about.
>>
>>375832218
How the fuck is it a crutch? You can pick it every game in any rule set. If you are talking about not being able to do those stupid right-handed jumps only found on jump maps, then who the fuck cares.
>>
>>375830982
Depends on the situation. If you're walking around corners you'll sometimes hit a wall with stock that you wouldn't with the original, and vice versa. It's also easier to rocketjump from walls to the left of you with the original. It's mostly down to preference though
>>
The Original looks like a horsecock
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.