[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is actually a really fun squad based third person shooter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: xcom bureau 2.jpg (102KB, 650x510px) Image search: [Google]
xcom bureau 2.jpg
102KB, 650x510px
This is actually a really fun squad based third person shooter with a really good end twist

Why did NuXcomfags have to lie to me and say it was bad?
>>
>>375830893
I liked it, but it kinda one time only game, no desire to replay it. Plot twist was shit
>>
>>375830893
I guess we were under the assumption that you didn't have shit taste. Enjoy eating shit I guess.
>>
>>375831501
I fucking love this place
>>
>>375830893
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHGvNW4fhhI

Because what it looked like before the Xcom fags started to shit talk it was an FPS game that looked cooler.

The game should not have been called XCOM thats why they went with this fucking third person tactical shit
>>
>>375830893
I enjoyed it as well, but that doesn't mean it's a good game. It had some strong aspects, but also some serious flaws.

The main controversy is that it's supposed to be an XCOM game but the lore shits all over XCOM and the mechanics have nothing to do with XCOM, apart from some tacked-on shit like the research options. The story is pretty decent, but the characters range from super generic stereotypes to having no personality at all. The gunplay is just extremely bland cover shooter bullshit, though the ability to command squadmates and use special abilities at least keeps it from getting boring. The AI of the enemies and especially your NPC squadmates is completely fucking retarded.

Despite all that it was still pretty fun to play, at least for one playthrough, and I agree that the twist in the last part of the game was very well executed, but as a game it was merely mediocre and the fan reaction was worsened a lot by making the retarded association with the XCOM brand.
>>
>>375831939
>should not have been called XCOM
nothing wrong with making a spinoff in different genre
>>
>>375830893

Yeah it's OK

And an OK twist

People just wanted the same great old X-Com

And would never give this a chance unless they made a masterpiece
>>
>>375832213
Making a spinoff in a different isn't necessarily bad. The old x-com games also had different genre spinoffs of varying quality.

However, making a spinoff that has literally nothing to do with the original except that it also involves aliens (though they're completely different aliens so even that doesn't really count), is never a smart move.
>>
>>375831939
The problem was that this got announced before the actual XCOM reboot so fans got pissed.
>>
>>375832557
I thought the aliens are basically the same, ie they match with the first nu XCOM, some of them just look differently
>>
>>375830893
Seriously, it's one of the best twists in vidya
The game is painfully mediocre though
>>
>>375832648
That's in the released version, which got radically altered from the original version after fan backlash. Just look at the first trailer >>375831939, if it didn't say XCOM there would be literally nothing to tie it to the franchise.

The changes they made to make the fans happy are actually part of the reason the game flopped, because it made many areas of the game feel rushed and unfinished.

They went from FPS to cover-based TPS, the aliens went from spoopy black blobs to regular XCOM aliens (though the blob stuff is still kind of in the game with the infected humans), they added in a squad system, a research system, etc. Making so many changes to a game that's already been in development for such a long time almost never works out for the better.

>>375832874
It's the only game I know of where the player character ends up rebelling agains tthe player. That was really neat.
>>
>>375830893
Because it was announced first, then it was mediocre as fuck, also from what used to know is that the UI and control layer was consolized.
They should have put more effort into making it.
>>
>>375830893
The twist was legitinately great. Maybe they should've ditched the Xcom name or something, i think it worked against it.

Mass effect gameplay was servicable, but could've been better.

I also really want to see that oil-based aliens shooter that they scrapped.
>>
>it's a good game but it has nothing to do with XCom so it's a shit game
Really makes you think.
>>
>>375833243
It's a shit game for legitimate reasons though. The XCOM name just raised the wrong expectations, and was also the reason why they made all kinds of last minute changes to the game which overall had a negative impact on the game's quality.
>>
File: bleugh.png (113KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
bleugh.png
113KB, 204x204px
>>375830893
Its shit and has plot holes

The only reason they made the modern XCOM to begin with was because of the backlash this got, it deserved to bomb.
>>
Stop making this exact fucking thread, Game is pure garbage. Good thing it flopped.
>>
>>375833519
so we should thank it for existing, because modern XCOM is great
>>
>>375833642
Mordern XCOM is pretty good

the "one mission at a time because theres only one sky ranger in the whole world" is dogshit, but other than that its fun
>>
/xcg/ likes it, I only hope we get asset ports to XCOM 2 because 60s looking shit is dope
>>
Maybe if they put the same effort into the game than they did the live action trailers, it might have been decent
>>
>>375833773
>>375833773
You should play Long War 2, they fixed that problem by throwing you something like 18 missions A MONTH and you can THEORETICALLY do all of them
>>
>>375833642
In a way, yeah.

All the fan backlash for this game made them realize that, hey, apparently people still give a shit about X-com.
>>
>>375833975
This.
But then again, there is no way of playing more than one mission simultaneously, so after all it's just a mechanic to justify having more soldiers. Which adds some depth in itself and makes the game more enjoyable for me
>>
>>375833975
>>375834553
Is Long War balanced?
>>
File: LW_Chryssalid_Queen.jpg (340KB, 689x540px) Image search: [Google]
LW_Chryssalid_Queen.jpg
340KB, 689x540px
>>375834553
What do you mean by more than one mission simultaneously? Because you absolutely can finish a mission only to start another once the skyranger return animation ends

>>375834784
Oh you poor child. You don't know, do you?
>>
>>375835000
>Oh you poor child. You don't know, do you?
I honestly don't. That's why I'm asking.

And I don't mean balanced in terms of difficulty. I've heard that's it's fucking hard, and I'm fine with that. I mean balanced as in the new classes all being viable without being OP and not just options that are strictly worse (or better) than everything else, and the progression curve with research and stuff not being fucked one way or another.
>>
>>375834784
if by balanced you mean "designed to fuck you in the ass", then yes

>>375835000
don't mind me, I just meant that doing two+ missions at the same time is still technically doing them in a succession in the tactical layer sense, it's just that you use more soldiers and get more stuff going on the strategy map.
>>
>>375835287
No, LW is not balanced in any way, you need to cbange the .inis to make it slightly not as bullshit as it is when fresh installed.
>>
>>375835287
>>375835287
I like both LWs, but I wouldn't call them balanced. Johnny Lump's (the modder who created it) philosophy is "if you're winning, something's wrong", and a lot of LW1 was balanced around Beaglerush, a streamer who's been autistically playing XCOM since god knows when.

What I'd suggest you is edit the inis to values you feel comfortable, everything is pretty straight forward and /xcg/ is legt one of the best and most helpful generals in /vg/
>>
>>375835287
I didn't play LW1 but in LW2 the new classes are not just added to the old ones, but the classes are redesigned and complement each other.
eg. there is a separate class for grenade launcher and a separate one for heavy machine gun
>>
If it was called something else, like "The Roswell Incident", then it wouldn't have been shat on so much and would've had a much better approval rating.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.