[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will the "next gen" be like? E3 is almost here,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: tastesbad.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
tastesbad.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
What will the "next gen" be like?

E3 is almost here, so will we get a ninth gen, or will the current cycle continue for longer?
>>
File: console_timeline.png (8KB, 1000x291px) Image search: [Google]
console_timeline.png
8KB, 1000x291px
Here is a timeline of every generation for reference
>>
Scorpio and Switch are 9th gen.
It'll be interesting to see what direction Sony goes in though, probably depends on how well they both respectively do.
>>
There's no gen anymore, you will see only incremental updates between console releases now.
>>
>>375830837
My favorite part is that they don't let you just replace the GPU in your console, you have to buy a whole new box so they can sell you the $50 worth of hardware around it for $250.
>>
>>375830360
I thought that Scorpio would be part of the eighth generation, seen as it was made to compete with the PS4 Pro which is part of the same generation.
The Switch could be part of the ninth gen, seen as it has a new software library, although few websites have called it as such.
>>
>>375831129
>although few websites have called it as such.
Journalism websites are anti-Nintendo because Nintendo won't pay for reviews.
>>
>>375831034
Pretty much all they can do now to wow you is high resolution and high fps, it's pretty hard now to impress people with graphics since it's pretty much very close or onpar with movie cg now.
>>
>>375831129
It is brand new hardware,much more powerful than XOne and PS4 Pro.
>>
>>375831304
If it has games that are exclusive to it's platform then it will likely be part of the ninth generation, otherwise it will be a PS4 pro competitor, seen as that won't ever have exclusive titles.
>>
They should focus on 1080p content with 60 fps and a shitton of anti aliasing.
>>
>>375831129
Scorpio isn't considered '9th gen' by many primarily because they just don't know how powerful the Scorpio is, and because Microsoft is planning on selling it alongside the Xbone. The only reasons the Switch isn't considered one is because the 3DS is still getting support and the other consoles don't have a 9th gen equivalent yet in the mind of most.

>>375832079
They got rid of the restriction that games had to come out on both a long time ago, but I think their first parties are still planning on doing so.
>>
Sony really needs to make a ps5 that has backwards compatability (for both physical and digital games) if they want to win next gen. Xbox can easily swoop in with the scorpio as an xbone.5, but Sony needs to make the next jump before them if they want a lead. Backwards compatability will be a big deal to people who currently own PS4s, becuase of the massive amounts of games sold for the PS4 it only makes sense.
>>
>>375832345
It's likely that the PS5 could be released at the end of next year, but the Scorpio is projected to be released at the end of this year, which either means it's not part of the ninth gen, or Microsoft doesn't want to compete with Sony.
>>
>>375833554
The 360 released a year before the PS3 and Wii.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.