[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal >pay for university course >class gives you clear,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: 1493821322573.png (309KB, 768x411px) Image search: [Google]
1493821322573.png
309KB, 768x411px
Legal
>pay for university course
>class gives you clear, concise info about subject there's tons of conjecture over outside of school
>share this info for free on your own time with anonymous interested parties from all over the planet by translating your knowledge into words
>end up delivering people from past ignorance
>the vast majority of these people would rather deal with biased conjecture rather than pay tuition like you did for the info you got

Illegal
>pay for game
>game gives you an experience
>share the experience for free with anon interested parties from all over the planet by copying the files
>end up delivering people enjoyable or money-saving experiences
>the vast majority of these pirates would rather deal with the games they already have than pay full price for the game like you did
>>
>>375827770
At least you didn't use a food analogy
>>
>One involves years of work, dedication and study
>The other is just a download button

Everything fell apart at the fundamentals.
>>
>>375827770
You can usually get that information for free though, most universities won't kick you out for sitting in on lectures and many post their lectures fir free online (like Stanford). You're paying for the degree, not the education.
>>
>>375828118
>one requires receiver to read posts
>one requires receiver to click download
>both require the sender to send voluntarily in order for any transaction at all

As long as the student who worked for so long shares their knowledge because they want to, what's it matter?
>>
File: piracy jesus.jpg (77KB, 700x514px) Image search: [Google]
piracy jesus.jpg
77KB, 700x514px
Legal:
>record stuff from TV / radio on your personal storage media
>invite friends to watch and enjoy said recordings, for free
>lend your recordings to mates, maybe even make copy of your copy

Illegal:
>copy a TV / radio stuff, or a game's files to your personal storage
>share said files via peer-to-peer programs online, for free
>>
>>375828347
>Share knowledge
You don't just automatically install that shit you still have to study the fuck out of it not to be an incompetent hack.

It'll take you as long if not some times longer to understand and apply that knowledge. Much longer than it takes anyone to apply a game crack.
>>
>>375827770
Legal
>Terminating your account and/or related game licenses at any time
Illegal
>Sharing a copy you bought with other people online
>>
>>375828321
Throughout my greentext example, one of the courses I had in mind was nutrition science, and at my school, you can't get into the building with the lecture unless enrolled and they're not recorded on video/audio. I know this doesn't represent most universities, but the course specific to mine isn't identical to others' either.
>>
>>375828636
What if the student doesn't care with the work they put in that others didn't and just wants to help people?
>>
File: 1446294702018.png (77KB, 542x535px) Image search: [Google]
1446294702018.png
77KB, 542x535px
Legal
>pic related

Illegal
>pic related
>>
>>375828872
That still doesn't make piracy any better. The benefit is of the person that receives it and the knowledge is a benefit but not an immediate one that the university won't miss out on because chances are for those few self taught individuals that might rarely enter the field there will be thousands more in their place.

Game sales are something tangible in this media driven world that will be missed and make or break companies.

Piracy is killing the PC market and has since the beginning of online sharing. Hope you're ready to throw your computer away when nobody wants to publish PC anymore.
>>
File: 2017-05-03 13.05.06.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-03 13.05.06.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>375827770
Suck my dick
>>
>>375827860
I always see people complain about this, what is the big deal with food analogies? What makes it so autistic?
>>
File: 1483051136179.jpg (12KB, 205x205px) Image search: [Google]
1483051136179.jpg
12KB, 205x205px
>>375829502
>chances are for those few self taught individuals that might rarely enter the field there will be thousands more in their place.
>chances are for those few pirating individuals there will be thousands more purchases in their place.
>>
>>375827770
your analogy is fucked up, scanning certain educational papers is illegal, and lets plays are a legal (unless nintendo but fuck them) way to share your gaming experience.
>>
File: lemonade.png (505KB, 1987x1500px) Image search: [Google]
lemonade.png
505KB, 1987x1500px
Imagine if Superman was so retarded he said "I wont use my flying superpowers anymore because Im taking profits from the airlines, I should just buy a plane ticket". Wouldnt be that retarded?

Why wouldnt I use the power of making perfect and harmless copies of products without damaging or destroying the original?
>>
>>375829724
>be eating a subway sandwich
>guy comes up and offers me an alternative sandwich that contains different ingredients but that he says accurately represents the flavours i'm enjoying, and that if i want a true understanding of the sandwich i'm currently eating i need to try his analogous sandwich
>decide to try it, bite into it
>the flavours are off and the sandwich falls apart
>and there's 400 people behind him all with their own analogy sandwiches
>they're all telling me that i can't understand the flavour of the sandwich i was originally eating without eating their sandwiches as well
>>
Holy fuck how retarded can you be, of course it is legal to take a class and talk about it and spread the knowledge. It is illegal to tape every single class and post them all for free on the internet so people that didn't pay for it can take it anyway.

It isn't illegal to play a game and talk about it you fucking idiot
>>
>>375830603
>It is illegal to tape every single class and post them all for free on the internet so people that didn't pay for it can take it anyway.
nope, i've watched a ton of MIT videos, and some harvard ones.

youtube.
>>
>>375830589
10/10
>>
File: morals.jpg (11KB, 657x644px) Image search: [Google]
morals.jpg
11KB, 657x644px
>>375829209
this
>>
>>375830589
Holy shit what the fuck am I reading. Pic related, it's you trying to make a point.
>>
Imagine if I pirate Adolf Hitler.

A perfect replica of him with a screenshot of his mind 1 minute before suicide/escape into SA.

Would my perfect replica have to pay for his crimes? Would he be imprisoned? Keep in mind for all intents and purposes he is the same Hitler as the original, but he didnt commit any his crime since he was downloaded yesterday from internet.

How do you think the governments and the UN would take it?
>>
>>375830960
>How do you think the governments and the UN would take it?
Well, the law is perfectly clear.

To be liable for a crime you have to have actually done the crime. If I copy something my copy, even if perfectly identical to and indistinguishable from the original, is not the original. It's the copy. I might not be able to tell which is which, sure, but one of them is a copy and one is the original.

And only the original is liable for the crime, because the copy did not actually do the criminal actions.

However, I would also probably want the copying of people regulated so that people don't copy Hitler willy-nilly.
>>
>>375827770
These are not similar acts tho. They would be if instead of giving other people copies of the games you just told them about the games which is legal. They would also be similar if you recorded the lessons at your school or copied your studying material and gave that to other people. Which is, at least in my country, illegal.
>>
>>375831176
>However, I would also probably want the copying of people regulated so that people don't copy Hitler willy-nilly.

>not pirating prime Avril Lavigne and Winona Ryder
>being gay
>>
>>375827770
>it's a /v/ tries to justify pirating episode
Honestly, who gives a shit?
>>
>share essay with friend voluntarily
>get expelled from class for academic dishonesty
Woooooooww
>>
>>375828557
All that stuff is illegal in the US.
>>
File: rose.png (56KB, 229x218px) Image search: [Google]
rose.png
56KB, 229x218px
>>375829606
Good taste negro but you should really support FROM or AC6 never ever.
>>
>>375827770
If you don't pay for games you like the companies that make said games won't be able to continue producing good shit. Be a fucking adult and learn to pay for things
>>
>>375830589
i dont understand ://////
>>
>>375827770
uni is free where i live.
>>
Illegal
>be OP
>don't suck cocks
Legal
>be OP
>suck cocks
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.