[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Guacamelee the only game that accurately depicts Mexican culture,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Guacamelee-960x540.jpg (110KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Guacamelee-960x540.jpg
110KB, 960x540px
Is Guacamelee the only game that accurately depicts Mexican culture, traditions and folklore?
>>
it is a good game and yes probably
>>
>>
File: El Tigre.jpg (196KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
El Tigre.jpg
196KB, 500x379px
>>375825867
What's the deal with Mexican culture being depicted as lucha libre wrestlers? That said, if every Mexican was a lucha libre wrestler, that would be pretty badass.
>>
What happened with Aztez
>>
>>375826446
Its either that or Dia de los Muertos

Sometimes both
>>
File: 1482648737655.png (40KB, 208x208px) Image search: [Google]
1482648737655.png
40KB, 208x208px
Probably is.
Why do "minorities" get pandering when there's a lot of cool shit in Latin American culture/mythology/etc they flat out ignore or never use because of nigger pandering
>>
>>375826446
Playing a game where you and your friends are casually killed by drug cartels and crooked cops as you crawl around in filth slowly inching your way to America would be considered racist, so they go with the unique things that aren't gang related.
>>
File: Psychonauts.jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Psychonauts.jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
>>375826169
Way to fuck up, and Psychonauts is one of my favorites.
>>
I wish there were more hispanic themed games

I just want more spanish guitars in my soundtracks
>>
>>375827125
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k1OsApDSIw
>>
no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkkmcxTd5Vk
>>
>>375826757
But they did exactly that in Total Overdose and no one complained about it. Sure, no one even PLAYED it but that's irrelevant.
>>
>>375826757
>Playing a game where you and your friends are casually killed by drug cartels and crooked cops as you crawl around in filth slowly inching your way to America INTENDING TO ILLEGALY INVADE IT would be considered racist, so they go with the unique things that aren't gang related.

fix'd for accuracy
>>
>>375825867
tell me more about this game.
There is plenty of cool shit in Mexican culture.
>>
>>375827608
I thought Total Overdose was kinda popular
>>
>>375827919
>>>/pol/
>>
>>375828108
It's a metroidvania
>>
>>375827919
Maybe work in the fields for 10+ hours with no benefits at minimum wage?
>>
>>375828108
You're a dude in a village in desert Mexico, think the villages in Speedy Gonzales cartoons. An ancient evil Dia de los Muertos mariachi skeleton awakens, wrecks you and kidnaps your girlfriend.
For revenge, you put on a mystical luchadore mask and Metroidvania all over the worlds of the living and the dead, wrassling with skeletons and other luchadores.

There's also posters with memes on them on the background and you turn into a chicken at one point.
>>
>>375826757
If anything wouldn't that make people feel more sympathetic towards Mexicans?
>>
>Hispanic related game
>It's always Mexican
Fuck that noise, I want a Cuban based game where you play as a ballserro handmaking your own raft to travel to different islands and fight using DiY weapons made of wood and duct tape and gradually upgrade your shitty raft into a a shitty boat.
>>
>>375829160
With an awesome soundtrack some humor and a really good bossfight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2AOBePM4Ck
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.