[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Why is the doll in our asylum cell? >Why are there black

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

File: Shit Souls.jpg (27KB, 485x303px) Image search: [Google]
Shit Souls.jpg
27KB, 485x303px
>Why is the doll in our asylum cell?
>Why are there black knights now?
>Why is there a crack in the ground where we fall to the Stray Demon, but said crack isn't here after Asylum Demon jumped down?
>What's the purpose of the Stray Demon, he can't leave the place he's in, so who and why put him there?
>Why does the crow have eggs in both nests?
>How where you supposed to know you have to wait 20 seconds in a ball for her to pick you up?
>Why is Artorias sword on his grave so gigantic when Sif uses it, but way smaller when we fight Artorias in the DLC?
>Why doesn't the maiden get attacked in tomb of the giants by her guards, that are hollow mere meters away from her?
>How where you supposed to know she relocates in undead parish?
>What's the point of having painting guardians on the ledge if they just suicide trying to reach you?

You said Dark Souls 1 is the coherent one you memeloving fucks
>>
>>375823902

We'll never know.
>>
>>375823902
never did get past the first boss or i guess the second one
>>
>>375823982
And the other things?
>>
Time and space is convoluted in Lordran.
>>
>>375823902
Answer me you fucks
>>
>>375823902
>>Why is the doll in our asylum cell?
>>Why are there black knights now?

The later areas are rushed as hell. First, the Painting world is added to re-use areas and characters made from the first draft of the game. They couldn't think of a way to add this area to Lordran, so they added a magic painting portal. It's pretty awkward as is. Then the return to the Undead Asylum is clearly very rushed. It leads to a lot of inconsistencies that you noted.

We can imagine that if they had more time and money, the return would have included exporing the entire facility and not just re-visiting the ones you did.

>>Why doesn't the maiden get attacked in tomb of the giants by her guards, that are hollow mere meters away from her?

This at least makes sense. Hollowing isn't a binary process. You begin to lose more and more of your memories and personality. Recently hollowed still retain their fighting styles and equipment. So these men still likely try to protect her. Eventually they'd also turn on her as well.

It's the path right to the elevator to Firelink. You go there all the time. It's very likely you'll go there at some point. My annoyance is that the enemies are still there. It would have been nice to have them as not respawning.

Another inconsistency:

>All enemies respawn, including monsters and demons. Only Undead should respawn since they're undying eternal hollows. The rest, presumably are just regular animals.

>NPCs do not respawn endlessly like other enemies.
>>
>>375825198
i heard that the painted world was actually one of the first areas while the asylum was one of the last areas. its such a shame that the game is unfinished though
>>
>>375825745

Yeah, the Painted world and dragon girl was the first things made. She was meant to be the level up girl like the Mask bitch from Demon Souls. This is why Painted World just feels so much more like Demon Souls in design. They then repurposed all of it later on to make it fit in Dark Souls.

Dragon girl wasn't originally a giant!
>>
>>375823902
>he fell for the "DaS has lore" meme
>>
>>375825898
i still dont get why they rushed ds3 so much. it was a good game for gameplay but it could have been a much more complicated lore wise like ds1
>>
>>375823902
Because reasons
>Gwyn's goons who went into hell to purge demons. Armor got charred.
>>Why is there a crack in the ground where we fall to the Stray Demon, but said crack isn't here after Asylum Demon jumped down?
They called a repairman while you were gone.
Because game models.
>>How where you supposed to know you have to wait 20 seconds in a ball for her to pick you up?
It was pretty obvious. They wouldn't give you the animation if it wasn't meant to do something.
>>Why is Artorias sword on his grave so gigantic when Sif uses it, but way smaller when we fight Artorias in the DLC?
Same reason weapons scale down to your size when you make boss weapons.
>>Why doesn't the maiden get attacked in tomb of the giants by her guards, that are hollow mere meters away from her?
She serviced their cocks to keep them at bay
By exploring
>>What's the point of having painting guardians on the ledge if they just suicide trying to reach you?
Gameplay
>>
>>375826014

They rush these games to keep costs down.
>>
>>375826014
DaS3 is the least rushed one, by far.

As for the lore, it's literally the same as das1 but with more stuff added.
>>
Any game is incoherent if you nit pick like that
>>
>>375823902
some birds have several nests and eggs. Or maybe it got literally cucked.
>>
>>375823902
>>Why is the doll in our asylum cell?

When you talk to the crestfallen warrior he'll occasionally tell you that someone was carried away by the crow - that's that guy.
>>
>>375825198
>All enemies respawn, including monsters and demons. Only Undead should respawn since they're undying eternal hollows. The rest, presumably are just regular animals.
I just assumed that others take their place. It's impossible to kill every demon in hell on your own.

>NPCs do not respawn endlessly like other enemies.
I think that's just for gameplay's sake. Imagine aggroing, say, the Crestfallen Warrior, and him respawning each time you rest. It would be obnoxious. Better to just assume that they go hollow after one encounter with you. That said, encountering them somewhere as a hollow after killing the NPC would be neat.
>>
>>375826014

Dark souls 3 is the least rushed-feeling though. While a lot of aspects in it can feel unoriginal, it feels like they drew on all their experience of what did and didn't work from all the games from DeS to BloodBorne. Almost all the levels in DaS3 were top-notch; my main gripe is that the overall world progression is more linear than I'd like. You could argue that's an advantage because it lets the designers more carefully control the difficulty level, but at the same time it means that you can't do stuff like rush certain weapons/spells/etc. for a new build or to rush to make a fun invasion build. Having fewer options when I start the game for a new playthrough just makes the experience less entertaining.
>>
File: 1462204920009.gif (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1462204920009.gif
1MB, 960x540px
>>375825898
I'm glad they implemented leveling at bonfires. No need to warp back and break the flow of the area constantly to level up, and lets the bonfire act as a little hub of self-contained, isolated peace.
I remember my first playthrough when I really clung to my souls and was afraid to lose them. Finding a bonfire was a huge relief, because it released the tension of exploring the unknown, gave a check point, and allowed me to store my souls in my character by leveling.
It's a shame they lost that aspect in the next games. I get the necessity of bonfire warping in DS3 because the levels are so much larger, but they took advantage of it too by forcing you to warp to the High Wall first thing. The bonfires after the Lord Soul bosses in DS1 sucked though, and were the first sign to me that the game was rushed by that point.
I wish bonfires were more like checkpoints of peace left behind by those who undertook the journey before you, like resting by a fire in the forest at night, knowing the wolves are out there circling, but they can't reach you.
>>
I'm pretty sure Demon's Souls is the coherent one. Though I can't get anywhere in it
>>
File: FinalSouls.gif (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FinalSouls.gif
129KB, 1280x720px
>>375830136
>try and make DS3 comfy
>still not comfy at all
>>
Dark Souls 3 is a lot better if you view it as Miyizaki saying "fuck you Namco" and making the final half to DaS he always wanted
>>
DOES ANYONE have that Dark Souls 3 roll for new playthrough image?
>>
>all the best mages go nuts
What did they mean by this? I thought mages were supposed to be smart.
>>
>>375830705
Logan tried to use the lock-on function in the archives.
>>
>>375830586
>skeleton hand holding sword
Did this buttdoinker even play the fucking game?
>>
>>375830705
they got too smart
>>
>>375830705

They may seem insane to us, but they understand more than we could possibly even know.
>>
>>375823902

Before I answer any question you need to understand the concept that we are in a world where multiple realities a layered and weaved together to a point were you can cross the realities without even notice it. and yes much of the weird stuff is explained through this bull shit

The doll served as an invitation to the chosen undead to visit the painted world. I don't know if this is accurate but I always assumed that the doll was a doll of you that slipped through realities or something

Silver knights went to the underworld to deal with the witches fuck up of trying to create a new flame of creation that only ended up creating a portal for demons to flood the underworld. If you read the black knight armor you learn that the armor is black due to the soot and ash of the underworld, I forget how they explain why they are all over the place but it is explained somewhere

>Why is there a crack in the ground where we fall to the Stray Demon, but said crack isn't here after Asylum Demon jumped down?
I figured this was because the asylum went to shit after you kill the Demon keeping everyone in line, thats why there are so many more undead just fucking around when you come back
>What's the purpose of the Stray Demon, he can't leave the place he's in, so who and why put him there?
Actually now that I think about it that crack in the floor was probably caused by the stray demon, I figure he was already underground and caused a cave in and got stuck there and tried to get out
those aren't eggs
>How where you supposed to know you have to wait 20 seconds in a ball for her to pick you up?
Haven't you played castlevania 2?
>Why is Artorias sword on his grave so gigantic when Sif uses it, but way smaller when we fight Artorias in the DLC?
You should also be asking why is Sif the size of a normal dog in the DLC but huge in the fight...
>>
>>375830705
>tfw too intelligent to play int
>>
>>375830832
>>375830891
I have entertained this notion. Too bad there's nothing indicating it's true. But then, why would there be? I mean, if the rest of the world are all drooling idiots compared to them, then of course their saneness will resemble insanity, and then no one would know the truth. So why would it be recorded in the lore? The very conspicuous lack of evidence supporting this idea is perhaps the strongest supporting evidence of it.
>>
>dude like what...
>but dude
>DUDE
>like what is...
>dude
>what is, like, what is...
>what is a videogame dude?
>>
>>375825190

>How were you supposed to know

That always makes me laugh, fucking retard millenials don't try anything for yourself. Don't experiment or play through things multiple times or just chance across things by luck.

EVERYTHING MUST BE EXPLAINED AND I MUST EXPERIENCE EVERYTHING THE GAME HAS ON MY FIRST PLAY THROUGH AND IF IT IS NOT TOLD DIRECTLY TO ME HOW TO DO EVERYTHING OR NON SUBTLE HINTED AT IT IS TOTAL SHIT

Get fucked you faggot.
>>
>>375830910
You should also be asking why is Sif the size of a normal dog in the DLC but huge in the fight, this is just due to this universes usage of representing power through size, a lot of JRPG's do this.

>Why doesn't the maiden get attacked in tomb of the giants by her guards, that are hollow mere meters away from her?
There are miracles that can be used to hide ones presence
I'm pretty sure she says something about praying to the gods for some reason or another, in any case that is the only church in the game so it is kind of implied.
>What's the point of having painting guardians on the ledge if they just suicide trying to reach you?
just to show you what these dudes were all about, the 100% devotion and dedication of themselves to protect that painting.
>>
>>375823902
Put the doll next to the sort of hidden doll house in Anor Lando... duh
>>
>>375831246

Ultimately what you use to explain it to yourself is irrelevant anyway. The point is these characters eventually get into a situation where all you have left to do is kill them and take their equipment and the devs decided to have them go hostile in specific places to make it more interesting than them just staying at firelink shrine and doing nothing.
>>
>>375831348
>You don't like backtracking? What a fag

You have to admit that this game has a TRILLION QUINTILLION things that you'd never find out without hearing about it or until you were at your Ng++++++. Sure, the game is designed to explore but come on, this is borderline stupidness.
>>
>>375831680
You say this as if it's a flaw. It's good the game is packed with hidden mysteries to unravel.
>>
>>375831348

I will say the wait for the raven to come pick you up to take you back to the undead asylum is a bit too long, but then again, if someone does find the nest the fact that there's a contextual option to curl up at the nest does tell you that something is going to happen here.

The doll to get to the painted world is a bit cryptic, but it does at least have a hint in the item description.

I'd be more concerned by things like the asylum floor falling out or the spike lift in sens fortress, but even there at most they'll surprise you once and only once so I don't see why you need to get pissed off by anything like that.
Level design quality does drop off quickly after you place the lordvessel, but the game itself is still good. Although I must admit I have a hard time getting back into it after playing the later titles for so long and getting used to how much smoother and more polished they felt in terms of controls and mechanics.
>>
>>375830586
It has its moments
>>
>At the moment of full realization, all veils of mixed feelings and stiff ideas dissolved and Buddha experienced the all-encompassing here and now. All separation in time and space disappeared. Past, present, and future, near and far, melted into one radiant state of intuitive bliss. He became timeless, all-pervading awareness. Through every cell in his body he knew and was everything. He became Buddha, the Awakened One.
>>
File: monumental.jpg (34KB, 279x343px) Image search: [Google]
monumental.jpg
34KB, 279x343px
>>375832459
>The Monumental is the last surviving harbinger of its kind. They are a vessel-race endowed only with prophetic knowledge and lacking all consequence of emotion or personal-thought.
>>
>>375832401
irithyll is not comfy it's beautiful but not welcoming at all. Comfy is lower undeadburg, majula (in a non-grim-dark way, more normie friendly), darkroot garden, undead parish, etc.
>>
>>375832664
i dont give a shit about this. The souls series is supposed to be set in medieval times but with a dark fantasy setting. A buddha like figure has no place in a dark fantasy setting.
>>
>>375832824

I think it's pretty neat.

Same with Sir Alonne in DaS2 and the Alonne knights, they were neat because they were clearly inspired by Jap-historical settings which made them stand out compared to everything else.
>>
>>375823902
Souls Abridged
>Be guy
>Find the world has gone to shit
>Follow random strangers' instructions
>Kill four things
>Kill final dude with fire or ash motif
>Choose to leave things as it is or fuck it up more
>>
>>375833079
Sir Alonne is an amazing boss fight (that OST and that boss room, it's pretty epic) but I'm not a fan of japanese culture being in a souls game.
>>
>>375823902
Everything about Priscilla was rushed
They're roaming enemies
The demon falling on the ground made the ground more brittle
He's astray
Same model for the nests
Because if you can do it it most likely has a purpose
Is it?
She's hiding
She's a cleric
They *block your path* and use throwing knives
>>
>>375833079
Still irritated we haven't seen more Eastern related enemies/weapons/armor in DS3.

I thought for sure they would've added an Eastern land in one f the DLC's. I would've really like to see that Horned Oni Demon referenced in vanilla items and maybe some Onislayer styled warriors.
>>
>>375833338
Why are you so triggered by the little monumental guy
>>
File: 14758596056_c598a04a12_z.jpg (38KB, 428x536px) Image search: [Google]
14758596056_c598a04a12_z.jpg
38KB, 428x536px
>>375833079
The series is rife with this kind of symbolism. I could tell you all about it, but... for now, let me just ask you this: does the related image of the Egyptian God, Set, remind you of anyone?
>>
>>375832824
>>375833338

This seems like a strange thing to complain about... every one of the games have traces of various cultures and weapon/armor styles. I really like the whole Medieval aspect of these games, but it has never been dominantly focused around that style unless you the player make it that way.
>>
>>375832709
>darkroot garden

>giant leviathan monster shooting shit at you constantly
>comfy
>>
>>375823902
convoluted conniptions
>>
>>375833505
The onislayer greatbow is literally Alonne greatbow.
The Alonne knights are the onislayers and I'm glad their shitty purple armor isn't in the game.
>>
>>375833505

If you want Asian-Souls play Nioh.

I thin it's better if you just have a handful of eastern style things rather than having a full-on weeb inspired area.

>>375833660

Snakes instead of legs a la Gwyndolyn?
>>
>>375833790
>it has never been dominantly focused around that style
Demon's Souls is
>>
>>375833839
Not even that anon, but I agree, it's comfy as fuck for some reason. Even the area near the golem shits and hydra.

Darkroot is a calm and peaceful environment whereas something like Irithryll feels very cold, lifeless, and hostile.
>>
>>375833839
thats darkroot basin and once you kill the hydra it doesn't respawn. darkroot garden is peaceful as fuck as long as you join the cat covenant and dont fuck with the mushroom parents and their kids and a few other things in the area. So yeah it can be dangerous but overall the place at least gives off a comfy vibe imo.
>>
>>375833839
That's the Darkroot Basin
>>
>>375834123
>t whereas something like Irithryll feels very cold, lifeless, and hostile.
exactly what i meant to say earlier. i wish there was an area like darkroot garden in dark souls 2. Even if it was located in Shulva (the sunken king dlc).
>>
File: seath2.jpg (103KB, 1062x751px) Image search: [Google]
seath2.jpg
103KB, 1062x751px
>>375833945
>Gwyndolyn?
Maybe, I actually don't know/remember much about Gwyndolyn.

But how about this?
>>
>>375834123
I love the enemy diversity in the Darkroot Garden.
It has plant and reptile enemies that blend with the environment, an entirely aquatic enemy, amphibian enemies that jump from the river, the forest hunters, the two giant felines, the golems, even an invasive species from the area below and two of the most remarkable bosses in the game. It has everything and looks very good.
>>
Never really followed the story very closely but there was one thing that confused me anyway
Summons and invaders are supposed to come from other worlds right? Does that mean when you go kill Lautrec you're fighting one from a random dimension and the one that actually killed your firekeeper is still running around your world unpunished?
>>
>>375834420
area above*
>>
>>375833468
>They're roaming enemies
>roaming through firelink shrine
>"tricking" velka's giant crow to take him to northern undead asylum to prevent the chosen undead from getting the doll to get to the PWOA

It's giving a hollow black knight too much credit. They probably never leveled INT at all, just strength and faith according to dark souls 2, even though someone told me the reason the BK weapons dont require faith is that the Kiln baked the Black Knights full of Gwyn's faith to the point that only strength is rquired to use the weapons
>>
>>375834463
Yes but he also dies in your world, you can find his corpse in Anor Londo after invading him.
>>
>>375834463

Think of firelink as kind of the eye of the storm in the convoluted space-time shit that's going on in dark souls. When you invade Lautrec, you're moving to a point in time where Lautrec and his buddies were in Anor Londo and you kill the fag for trying to think he can get away with using summons for Biggie and Smalls.
>>
File: asgoodasitgets.jpg (43KB, 492x400px) Image search: [Google]
asgoodasitgets.jpg
43KB, 492x400px
>>375823902
>Why is there a doll in our cell
Because the doll has a will of its own and finds a way to lead powerful individuals to the painting, try reading some literature sometime

>The stray demon is to lock up undead that try to go to the asylum

>Why does Artorias' sword change sizes between did and Artorias
All swords do that, if you use a Demons hammer or Artorias' sword it will change sizes to fit its user senpai

>The rest
Idk rushed development?
>>
>>375834417
That's a bit of a stretch, Seath was a name they came up with long before his design in Dark Souls, and Set isn't typically depicted that way. In fact, I don't know what the origin for that picture is, but it looks somewhat modern
They don't even look much alike other than having no legs in any case
>>
>>375834710
They served a God, of course they had faith.
>>
>>375834463
You kill him after invading his world.

Lordran is the same for everyone, same walls, same rocks and everything, but timelines of every person there can merge. He kills the firekeeper when your and his timelines merged, then keeps on leaving, the timelines split again.

Then you invade his timeline and kill him.

That's how I see it atleast.
>>
>>375834793
Ah but Set(h) is often represented in the image of the Set Animal, which is any composite of different animals, basically, such that the whole can't be identified as any one in particular. It's unlike any known animal.

Wouldn't you say that's true of Seath? Isn't he unlike any other dragon or typical depiction of a dragon, and isn't he composed of a variety of unrelated parts? The torso of a man, the giraffesque neck, the serpentine legs...
>>
File: tumblr_n5om83dXVy1qfugi6o1_400.gif (984KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5om83dXVy1qfugi6o1_400.gif
984KB, 400x261px
>>375823902
It's poetic
You are toy or doll in all this
Why are there monsters at all?
>probably wore out over time
it's a run down prison he probably got trapped there and can't get out
>not sorting your shit
trying stuff out
same with weapons we use like great demon axe
she's probably out of their sight and hollows have some memory or some purpose that they keep doing. Just because they're hollowed doesn't mean they stopped their jobs. It's how guards like balers guards the gates.
exploration
to stall you and throw knives to kill you. They revive too not just you.
>You said Dark Souls 1 is the coherent one you memeloving fucks
soz senpai

Here's a hot girl
>>
>>375834835
Of course. What I meant to say was that I think their weapons should require faith to use because their weapons are extra effective against but then in a dark souls thread from a week or two ago someone told me that the weapons of the black knights were blessed not by some cleric but the holy fire that engulfed them after Gwyn linked the flame.
>>
>>375834771
mid level anor londo invasions of people trying to do O&S are still the best invasions in any of the games
>>
>>375835608
>>375834835
ah, here's a screenshot of the post from that thread
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.