[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this came out in murrka today and not a single thread about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Caligula_cover_art.png (159KB, 250x318px) Image search: [Google]
Caligula_cover_art.png
159KB, 250x318px
So this came out in murrka today and not a single thread about it.

Is it really 4/10?
>>
>VITA
Dammit, in 2014, this game would have seen a massive discount due to being released during Golden Week. In 2017, it's not even mentioned aside from niche gamers.
>>
>>375821049
More like a 5
Nice music and art and interesting combat system, but bland enviroments and enemy design, framerate is horrible even for Vita standarts
>>
>>375821148
40 US smackaroos seems way too much, especially in the middle of golden week sales.

As an Ausfailian I can't even play the fucking thing since it's not released here until the 9th if I intend to buy it, and ??? if I intend to pirate it since they'll have to put the English assets into the Japanese version so it's playable on 3.60

All in all, fuck digital only
>>
>>375821242
>framerate is horrible even for Vita standarts
We talking like single digits here?
>>
>>375821316
Nah, but a lot of your time in battles will be 10-15fps when you attack. Unless they improved the jap version since then
>>
>>375821482
But it's a turn based game anyway, yeah? So surely it doesn't really matter
>>
Mediocre looking game.
>>
>>375821049
Can't even be bothered to pirate Vita games, they're all shit.
>>
Persona 2 tier in every single way possible.
>>
>>375822614
That's good
>>
>Persona ripoff
Why would anyone buy this when Persona 5 just got released?
>>
>>375823090
I finished P5 weeks ago
>>
>>375821702
No. It definitely matters. It looks like shit and is jarring. It's actually bothersome to your eyes and it's like that constantly
>>
>>375821702
It does if you plan on utilizing the game's useless combat mechanics
>>
File: MPW-32236.jpg (70KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
MPW-32236.jpg
70KB, 500x738px
Did they finally make a video game of the movie? Nice
>>
>>375823090
The overhype over it's release blinded me on how much it sucked when I played it. I'll give it a try.
>>
>>375823090
Interesting factoid

It's written by the writer of Personas before 3 and DDS
>>
>>375821049
Good gameplay, technical problems with framerate, meh setting despite being handled well, decent writing.
It's not for everyone though.
>>
>>375823491
He didn't actually write the game
>>
>>375823656
?
He has a writing credit for the game.

What do you mean he didn't write it?
>>
>>375823847
It's really only for the scenario's concept. The whole 'written by the Persona writer' is just marketing. The game's writing is far from interesting.
>>
>>375824016
wrong
>>
>>375823090
Cuz it's on Vita and we're thirsty

I'm not buying either, anyway
>>
>>375821049

Nah. I got it yesterday and have been playing it for ~9 hours.
There are some issues with the game, but it deserves the 7.5/10 rating.

+Good music
+Good story
+Good artwork
+Good characters

Too many side-characters (512) can overwhelm
Too many skills can overwhelm
The battle system is hit-or-miss -- You can pull off Dante-level combos easily

-Camera sometimes clips through walls
-FPS dips to ~15 at lowest -- those who say it gets worse must have played the JP version. The english version arrived with the patch included
-Battle system can sometimes fuck you over with the environment. Since you don't cut away to an arena, you are subject to objects, doors, and corners getting in the way (granted, it isn't like the game is hard in the first place)

It's a really solid entry. Anybody interested in picking it up should definitely do so.
>>
>>375826645
Shill
>>
>>375827823

Are you guys still angry that EOV is NEVER EVER status?
>>
>>375828202
Yes
>>
>>375828352
pro tip
learn japanese
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.