[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You DID link the fire, right anon? With fire comes light, comfort,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 448
Thread images: 48

File: Gwyn Lord of Sunlight.jpg (211KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gwyn Lord of Sunlight.jpg
211KB, 1280x720px
You DID link the fire, right anon? With fire comes light, comfort, warmth, and civilization. Would you really throw that all away to make your fellow men hollow out in the cold, merciless darkness?
>>
Either way you're manipulated by Frampt, there is no correct answer here, though why not try something different for a change? It can't be worse than it already is.
>>
>>375820009
t. Kaathe cuck
>>
>>375820067
>t. Kaathe cuck
If anything, I'd be a Frampt cuck since the former is also manipulated by him.
>>
>>375820009
>It can't be worse than it already is.
lol
>>
I beat DS for the first time yesterday by linking the flame. that ending was abrupt as fuck. At least with DeS you got some actual closure, whereas DS was pretty lackluster.
>>
The abyss is my safe space.
>>
>>375820184
It's less abrupt if you bothered talking to the serpents and thus knew what you were doing
>>
>>375820009
>tfw you realize Miyazaki fell for the horseshoe meme.
>>
File: dlc2_15.jpg (140KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
dlc2_15.jpg
140KB, 2048x1152px
I mean, just look at the wonderful paradise that linking the fire brings.
>>
File: untended graves.jpg (174KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
untended graves.jpg
174KB, 1920x1080px
>>375820350
>posts the state of the world at the end of fire
>"and this is why having the flame stay alive sucks!"
Yeah dude this is so much better
>>
>>375820350
that place has nothing do with the fire is just all DaS multiverse put together.
>>
>boy can't wait to bretay the legacy of lords and live in darkness
>firekeeper: i still see ember in the distance :^)
miyazaki is a frampt cuck.
>>
>>375818515
Yeah, as fucking if it actually mattered.
Dark Souls 2 and 3 already fucked up any depth or quality the endings and story in general could have had.

>dude CYCLES LMAOOOOO
>>
>>375820887
>I wasn't paying attention to literally anything that was said regarding the Age of Dark in DaS3
>So I'm going to meme and shitpost like a stupid faggot
(you)
>>
>>375820732
The world is breaking like this because the fire has been artificially sustained for so long. Not to mention how Gwyn betrayed the pygmies who helped him against the dragons by locking them at the end of the world and sealing their humanity with fire
>>
linking the flame = voting for hillary
end of fire = voting for trump
>>
>>375820887
Thats just DaS2.
>>
>>375820994
>giving a shit about souls story or lore
(you)
>>
>>375818515
In 1 I linked the fire. In 3 I let it fade.
>>
>>375820994
Nostalgia cucks are the worst
>>
>>375821092
The world breaking like this is an inherent feature of the flames fading. Time and space are propped up by fire, and when fire fades, the disparity that holds up concepts like "past vs present vs future" and "distinct locations in space" and "parallel world A and parallel world B staying separate" collapse. You want to stop time being convoluted and transitory lands? Keep the First Flame healthy.
>>
File: 1446217526829.jpg (291KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1446217526829.jpg
291KB, 1920x1080px
>>375821092
pygmies are literally niggers Gwyn was right.
>>
>>375820887
but DaS2 was pretty good on that point? They just did it like we are 1000 years after souls 1 and there is now a whole new Kingdom. Literally everyone suggests this.

Ladderguy with "new kingdoms burn down and a new one rises off the ashes empor", or the intro old lady with "Oh you were there? But how could you"

DaS3 could just have been a whole new game with a whole new lore/kingdom after 10000 of years but we just got the das1 with too much bloodborne influence.
>>
>>375821168
>SOULS LORE IS SHIT
>it isn't shit you are just retarded
>REEEEE
>>
>>375821106
stop
>>
>>375821392
No, DaS2 fucked up going AGE OF DARK? WHO CAAAAAAAAAAAAARES IT DOESN'T MATTER IN THE LONG RUN LMAO. Which ruined the tension that underlied the choice in the first game. DaS3 puts back the tone of the Age of Dark spelling doom and destruction for civilization.
>>
File: frampt.png (51KB, 498x575px) Image search: [Google]
frampt.png
51KB, 498x575px
>>375821106
>you are still manipulated by frampt
>your choice means nothing
>nothing fucking changes
>it's a fucking cycle
>undead manipulating serpents still gets away with it
>>
>>375821980
how do we know we are manipulated by frampt? I mean age of dark ending just means we will get his king or not?

>>375821695
well at least we got a complete new lore which was more fun than oh yeah member that. Also age of dark was just letting the flame fade, how do we know das2 was after that ending?
>>
>>375822276
>got a complete new lore
got a complete clusterfuck of cobbled-together scraps of "lore," more like.
>>
>>375821256
Look at all the dust.
The entire world is barren cause its been burning for so long.

The flame has burned everything.
Nature needs to rest.
>>
>>375822506
The ash goes away when spacetime fixes itself post-firelinking. Don't worry about it. Otherwise explain to me why Lothric during the base game isn't buried under ash, considering that it exists after countless fire-linkings, one of which came so late that the world actually fell to darkness and it was linked by Ludleth from within an Age of Dark (which would mean that there should be even more ash around than in the DLC since the world had decayed even further beyond that point). Ash is a symbol of a dead fire, not a healthy fire.
>>
>>375818515
And restart the whole cycle which produced all of the destruction and horror you just passed through? Bringing an age of dark is a straight-up "fuck this" in response to a world where beauty and absolute depravity are stuck with each other. You start up this new world and it'll have to horrifically fall apart again into hollowness. It's not an easy world to affirm, which is what it means to link the fire (that you'd perpetuate the cycle means you affirm it)

I'm not a deep person by any stretch but if you consider how much misery/hollowness/wastage is in our own human world, you might realise that the universe probably only shits out a couple people who could ever really affirm it (especially if you believe in eternal recurrence)
>>
>Trying to Co-op with friend
>He hasnt been able to get through Sen's fortress in three days

This is where the run ends, isn't it?
>>
File: 1483667010550.png (576KB, 1200x788px) Image search: [Google]
1483667010550.png
576KB, 1200x788px
What needs to happen:

Dark souls Remaster for PS4:
>Includes all the necessary changes DS2/3 brought, No double humanity for kindling, Hollowing toned down, Curse toned down, ability to warp from previously visited bonfired, FUCK the lordvessel
>Better integration of the Covenants and better online matching/easier to find friends
>Less stupid summon AI's, stop running into the dragon fucking solaire.
>Unbreakable ring of sacrifice for casual difficulty. Some people want to just enjoy the game they bought, not spend hours frustrated over it.

What will happen:
DS trilogy with 1 left completely as it is.
>>
>>375823430
He probably doesn't have his weapon upgraded high enough. Tell him to farm large shards from the slugs in Blighttown near the Great Hollow bonfire
>>
>>375823836
He's a +6 great axe, cant get chunks yet i don't think.
>>
>>375823801
These are some pretty retarded ideas
>>
>>375823801
>change DaS1
>bonfire warp from the start
>unbreakable curse ring
>no double humanity to kindle

These are terrible

>hollowing toned down
but hollowing was cosmetic in DaS1
>>
>>375823943
>No double humanity to kindle
>Terrible

No, fuck you. There is literally no reason to force some one to use TWO humanities, which are already rare as fuck to even come across, let alone expensive to buy, JUST to kindle the bonfire if you are hollowed.

>Hollowing is cosmetic

That'd be great, but it prevents you from kindling, so its more then that.
>>
>>375823801
>FUCK the Lordvessel
no, FUCK YOU!
>unbreakable RoS for casual difficulty
Dark Souls isn't even that hard, you can cheese the game in dozens of ways.
>less stupid summon AI
Partially agreed, though they serve their purpose.
>better integration of the Convenants
Certainly.
>>
>>375823872
If he can't kill manserpents with a +6 greataxe tell him they can be parried and that he is shit. How to judge parry timings: watch the hand, not the weapon
>>
File: 4a2.jpg (88KB, 1160x1247px) Image search: [Google]
4a2.jpg
88KB, 1160x1247px
>>375823801
>>
>>375824175
Dude, no. I have 8+ plays on NG+ of souls, Getting the lordvessel every fucking playthrough just to warp is annoying as fuck, and it hampers on online play, because I have to do a bunch of useless story shit, JUST to get to my covenants.

NG+ should give you lordvessel to start, you already beat the game, so whats the big deal?
>>
>>375818515
Why didn't they bring back Frampt and Kaathe for DaS3? So many other references yet they couldn't be bothered to bring the interesting characters back.
>>
>>375824074
What the fuck are you doing, wasting humanity on kindling? You need to be giving them to the Fair Lady

>humanity is rare
Just farm rats, my dude
>>
>>375824232
Its not the snakes, its the pendulum traps and the fall damage
>>
>>375824362
Oh sure, because I'm totally going to clamber my way ALLL the way up the fucking tomb of giants, GO ALLLL the way back to the undead burg, farm rats, and go back.

No fuck you, You can't defend this shit, you just fucking cant. No sane person would accept this.
>>
>>375818515
I didn't because I didn't see the bonfire so I just walked out confused
>>
>>375823801
>ability to warp from previously visited bonfired, FUCK the lordvessel

That's dumb, they just need to add a shortcut from the catabombs/tomb of giants so going there right away is more viable and less tedious.
>>
>>375824482
Just dupe a firekeeper soul
>>
>>375824482
What the fuck are you doing in TotG if you don't have the Lordvessel and can't just warp back to Firelink?
>>
>>375824328
They realized that they would be an awful bossfight and so just killed them offscreen.
>>
>>375823801
Yes, indeed! The age of dark
>>
Didn't seem like a logical choice. Age of Dark doesn't mean Armageddon it means a new direction for humanity. One that is natural and frankly inevitable. Better the age of dark be ushered in by the hand of a strong ruler than by some chuckle fuck who comes in after you've done all the work
>>
>>375824613
Not him, but its incredibly easy to get lost there early game

>Go to catcombs first
>Run past skellies
>Get to pinwheel
>Easy enough to beat pinwheel early game
>Go onward down the slab
>Suddenly in tomb of giants

The worst part is its near impossible for a low level to make it out of the tomb, and then survive all the hardships of climbing back up the catacombs with low armor and health.
>>
>>375824682
>first part of the fight they pop out of holes in the ground and you have to play wack-a-mole
>second part of the fight the ground gives way and reveals that they're part of a giant hydra

Could have been cool.
>>
>>375823801
>im shit and need special treatment: the post
>>
>>375824856
>He thinks a product that doesn't coddle gen Z'ers will actually sell in this industry

Ha, No. Fromsoft wants money.
>>
File: Noyou.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
Noyou.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>375823801
>>
>>375824796
I prefer to keep the snakes as these entities we never fully get an answer to. Them not showing up in DS3 though is kinda weird.
>>
>>375824719
>whole population of humans becomes undead as Gwyns seal of mortality breaks in the absence of fire
>mad scramble of slaughtering as people steal humanity to stave off the hollow in
>in the end, only a select few Dark Lords are left, who negotiated a NAP
>just themselves, small outcroppings of recognizable geography amidst the void of Darkness, and the Deep
>hang out in the cold among all the hollows for who knows how long
Doesn't sound very fun, and it does indeed spell the doom of civilization as we know it and a fate worse than death (hollowing) for 99.999% of people. The dark isn't even all that pleasant. How are you supposed to grow food?
>>
File: Dark Souls Lore.jpg (148KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls Lore.jpg
148KB, 500x750px
>>
File: IMG_0543.jpg (81KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0543.jpg
81KB, 500x509px
ok since you lorefags are all in one place

> why is kindling the fire necessary for humanity to thrive? just people people won't go hollow?
> what the fuck is going on with giants and everything being called giants but clearly there's those distinct giants missing their faces and shit
> do people ever die naturally in dark souls? i know the point of the games in the undead curse but it feels like all major characters are essentially immortal and it almost never seems to be implied that humans die natural deaths
>>
>>375824796
But the hydras were lame fights and would have been an even lamer boss. Can you even imagine how fucked the camera would have been?
>>
>>375825096
>People get old and die in the light
>People go hollow and die in the dark

>People need sustenance to survive in the light
>People need humanity to survive in the dark.

It's really no different, your scenario only paints a negative aspect on it because you choose to.
>>
File: 1404715137652.jpg (85KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1404715137652.jpg
85KB, 1920x1080px
fire is just a lie, ist just big machine fuled by poor cursed beings that gods can enjoy everlasting power, our roots are in dark and from thre we can rise even more powerful than gods.
>>
>>375818515
Only rural and suburban retards linked the fire. City undead all welcomed the age of man.
>>
>>375825120
>just people people won't go hollow?
yes

>What is the difference between DaS2 giants and other giants
we will never know.

>Do people die naturally in souls
yes, that is why the Undead are a big deal because otherwise people do actually die naturally.
>>
>>375825120
>why is kindling the fire necessary for humanity to thrive? just people people won't go hollow?
There is a lot of opinions on this one. Some say its not. Some say it is. Its really open for interpretation. The only thing to be sure is that you are snake worshipping faggot if you dont agree with MY thoughts on it.

>what the fuck is going on with giants and everything being called giants but clearly there's those distinct giants missing their faces and shit
Two different races. The giants in DS2 were a race of goaste tree men who had their magical toilet stolen and wanted to get it back. Giants in DS1 are just big ol' goof balls.

>do people ever die naturally in dark souls? i know the point of the games in the undead curse but it feels like all major characters are essentially immortal and it almost never seems to be implied that humans die natural deaths
Yes. There are swaths of civilization that are not cursed by the ring and view those who are cursed as second class citiznes. As an undead, you usually get balled up like a piece of trash and thrown in with the other undead which is why that is pretty much all you ever see. There are implications that some NPCs arent cursed but its never confirmed one way or another
>>
What's the point of fog doors that don't lead to bosses? Does it just mean halfway through the area? It doesn't seem to have any significance.
>>
>>375825610
the only NPC I know of who isn't undead is Siedlinde
>>
>>375825681
just to unerve you. No reason
>>
>>375820878
Those are implied to be the dark flames of people.
>>
>>375825327
The major difference being that in the Age of Dark acquiring humanity results in a free-for-all of undeads nuking civilization by killing each other for those sweet sprites, like in New Londo
>>
>>375825681
Problably to keep players on their toes. I remember getting all the way through Sen's Fortress, finding the fog door and going all the way back to Undead Parish because I didn't want to face a boss. Then found a bonfire some feet away from that.
Same thing with Capra Demon. Walk in, before you realize what's in front of you, you have a demon jumping at you.
>>
>>375820550
Yes it is, since hollows are stronger during an age of dark, and if you chose the Londor ending, you can spend eons rulling hollows while fucking Yuria and her sister.
>>
I just fought the four kings fight today and I was dreading it because people said they hated it so much. What was the problem with them? All their attacks seem pretty easy to dodge except the magic one and sometimes their sword attacks did very little damage.
>>
>>375825756
>darkness of humanity
>tiny flame of light
"no"

the embers the Firekeeper sees are compared to the flames that were linked by Lords past, aka remnants of the First Flame.
>>
>>375825850
It really doesn't.
>>
>>375818515

One character for each ending in every Dark Souls.
Only natural.
>>
>>375825970
Yes it does, there is only 1 source of humanity (humans) and if you're a hollow who doesn't want to be hollow there's only 1 thing to do
>>
>>375825920
>wanting to spend an eternity as a hollow
How about no, death is preferable
>>
File: 1397363773849.jpg (34KB, 336x335px) Image search: [Google]
1397363773849.jpg
34KB, 336x335px
>>375823801
>waah, why do I have to cook myself food, mommy get over here and make me some f*cking tendies reeeee
>>
The Age of Fire is not the natural state of humanity. Every bad thing associated with the Dark can be linked back to the unnatural linking of the Fire. What's dead should stay dead so new life can blossom.
>>
Only in DaS1, for 3 I let the flames fade away, they'll come again in time for now the world can rest
>>
>>375826162
>this is what Kaathefags actually believe
>>
>>375824328
>Why didn't they bring back Frampt and Kaathe for DaS3?
So /v/ can bitch about "muh pandering, muh member this and that, no originality"?

Kaathe still gets an entire ending to himself, and since he's dead we can assume Frampt is dead too.
>>
Reminder all kingdoms are made by Gods.
>>
>>375826231
>This is what Framptfags actually believe.
>>
>>375824990
We get plenty of statues of them tho.
>>
>>375825960
Dark Soul is literally shown as an ember in the DS opening cinematic though????
>>
File: king vendrick.jpg (1MB, 1570x898px) Image search: [Google]
king vendrick.jpg
1MB, 1570x898px
>>375826162
>The Age of Fire is not the natural state of humanity.
Agreed. Pic related is the natural state of humanity. Fire prevents this.
>>
File: hellodarknessmyoldfriend.jpg (548KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
hellodarknessmyoldfriend.jpg
548KB, 1600x900px
>>375818515
>Would you really throw that all away to make your fellow men hollow out in the cold, merciless darkness?
Yes.
>>
File: soul_of_slave_knight_gael.png (69KB, 202x274px) Image search: [Google]
soul_of_slave_knight_gael.png
69KB, 202x274px
>>375826590
That was retconned by 3 whole games worth of material famalam. It tells you this explicitly when you take a look at Gael's Soul (which is the Dark Soul itself) and it's pic related.
>>
Fire is just a bad, stopgap measure and an ersatz for bringing about true Light.
>>
>>375826661
That is not the natural state of humanity. That is the curse which Gwyn caused by messing with the natural order of things.

If the age of dark would last long enough before some cuck for the gods came to link the fires i'm sure the curse would die on its own.
>>
>>375826131
You can cure your hollowing and still get the ending anon, with a purging stone for exemple.
>>
>>375825920
>wanting to fuck jerky
>>
How do you guys pick up all this story?

I have no idea wtf is going on, how can you piece all this together from 3 vague sentences from each npc?
>>
>>375826794
>Retconned
Nah. It makes more sense than "lol u snuffed out the fire but it's still there!!!!"
>>
>>375826590
Cinematics are irrelevant, they are done very early in the dev period.

As for das1 intro, it's more a visual representation of a legend, it's not 100% accurate. Like, were exactly did Gwyn find his cool ass crown and clothes if everyone was a mindless hollow living in a cave?
>>
>>375826863
Fuck off, Aldia LITERALLY tells you that it is the natrual state of humanity.

>Gwyn's seal is the curse of undeath
No it is not you double dumbass. Gwyn's seal IS DEATH ITSELF. What takes the active expenditure of Fire's power to maintain? Undeath? No. Death? Yes.

Furthermore, the Darksign is emblematic of a broken seal or construct of fire, not the seal itself. Pay attention.

>Seal placed on Ringed Knight Armor meant to hold back the abyss.
>Abyss is visually leaking out of the armor, and armor can think for itself like a steel pursuer
>Seal is clearly broken
>Darksign appears on the seal

>Sun is a construct of fire that only sticks around for so long as Fire is strong.
>Fire fades, Sun fades with it
>Darksign appears around the Sun
>Construct of fire: broken.

>Death is a seal of fire that only sticks around for so long as fire is strong.
>Death stops working for humans when the flames fade
>Humans become undead
>Darksign appears on their flesh
>seal of fire: broken
>>
>>375826972
>implying she's not using the ring that makes her normal
>implying she won't worship your dick every day for thousands of years
>>
>>375823801
You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>375827020
>you snuffed out the fire
You did not. The Fire is still alive, because if Fire were truly dead, Darkness would not exist at all and the world would revert back to a new Age of Ancients -- disparity like light vs darkness exists only for so long as fire does.

Furthermore, the fact that the flame isn't entirely dead in the Age of Dark is made explicit in the Untended Graves, in which we observe that bonfires still function, and in the embers that still flicker in the coiled sword fragment.

In the Age of Dark, the fire has merely faded to the point where it can no longer keep the lights on. It isn't dead, and can never die entirely. Disparity is not a Pandora's box that can be shut.
>>
>>375827116
>I-IT DOESN'T C-COUNT BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!
>>
>>375827000
Because sentences aren't that vague, there are way more than 3 for each NPC, you have to read item descriptions and pay attention to the world.
And you could watch the intro cinematic that explains pretty much everything you need to know.
>>
>>375827020
You can feel free to ignore explicit evidence all you want, but it won't make you look less retarded
>>
>>375827405
Are you retarded or merely pretending? Cinematics are done early in the game dev time, which means a lot of concepts can change. Just like you can see SoC in das3 intro draging a corpse, because it was supposed to be a mechanic, create your own bonfires. But it was scraped because it sounds dumb as shit, and yet it's still in the intro.

If it does count, then tell me where the fuck did Gwyn find his crown and clothes. Tell me how the fuck is Nito already a cool as skelington. Where did the witch and her daughters get their clothes? How the fuck can she be a witch before finding her soul since everyone is hollow?
>>
>>375826661
The undead curse a literal curse created to herd and force humanity into burning their very souls as fuel for the age of Fire.

Gwyn cucks are the most deluded lot.
>>
File: 1466788549733.png (334KB, 369x406px) Image search: [Google]
1466788549733.png
334KB, 369x406px
>NG+
>Alright, time to see just how good a magic build can be
>Cast Great heavy soul arrow on a skeleton
>20 damage

/v/ why did you lie to me?
>>
>>375827872
Wow way to ignore all that evidence just to shitpost, I'm proud of you.

You know what's often called a curse IRL? Death. Something being labeled a curse doesn't mean that it isn't natural. Even in DaS2 they end up saying that life, and desire, are curses too.
>>
>Fear not the dark and let the feast begin
>>
File: 5Og3qQZSNweb-KIH6hHefA_r.jpg (468KB, 700x498px) Image search: [Google]
5Og3qQZSNweb-KIH6hHefA_r.jpg
468KB, 700x498px
>Started Dark souls at age 12
>Get to stat screen
>Think that raising my intelligence means i'll be smarter and have better evasion
>Pour everything into intelect
>Go the entire game with almost no vitality, and a sword and shield
>get stuck in the depths because i get one shotted by slimes and rats
>>
>>375828378
>I shall partake.
>>
>>375827743
Ay yo I think that its fair to say that anything in the intros that isn't EXPLICITLY retconned like the visuals of humanity is safe to be assumed to be true and accurate.
>>
I'm just going to make sure everyone means the same thing here. When we say the natural state of humanity, do we mean just the physical appearance of being hollowed, or do we mean to include the mindlessness usually associated? Because the lord of hollows ending in 3 implies that the latter can be avoided somehow.
>>
>>375828616
The mindlessness of being hollowed. The hollows of Londor are deluded into thinking that they can stave off the mindlessness forever by staying positive. They cannot. Everyone succumbs eventually, when faced with the timeline of LITERALLY infinity.
>>
>>375828034
Oh your shitpost about Ringed Knights? The group that willingly worked with the Gods and were subjugated and shackled for their service?

Everything that Gwyn did to humanity was to limit their potential and prop up his age. The armor of the knights was forged in the abyss and had a life of its own and the Gods sealed it. Check the fucking item description.

Imagine you were sealed for basically an eternity and finally the magic wears off. You're a suit of living armor. So you do what you did before - fight. Like fucking Dragonslayer Armour which retained the memories of the Dragonslayer that wore it.
>>
>>375827901
>Great heavy soul arrow on a skeleton
>not crystal

you fuck up also you need logan staff and the ring and the boss head for more magic dmg
>>
>>375827743
Not that anon, but you are the only retarded one around here, the character dragin a corpse in the intro means and changes nothing even if it was at some point to be a game mechanic.

>If it does count, then tell me where the fuck did Gwyn find his crown and clothes. Tell me how the fuck is Nito already a cool as skelington. Where did the witch and her daughters get their clothes? How the fuck can she be a witch before finding her soul since everyone is hollow?

in the fucking same place the silver knights get theirs you dumb fuck, the conflict betwen the lords and the dragons happened in a ward that lasted for a long time, gwyn got the flame and started civilitation they obiously needed time to develop weapons miracles etc, do you believe steath was just right there when they found the fucking lord sousl and told them "hey im going to betray the dragons you have never heard about, here have lighting" it wasnt just like they got the fire and inmediatly killed the dragons you dumb fucking nigger pice of shit.
>>
>>375827901
You mean in DS1? I think magic got patched because it used to be retard tier overpowered
>>
>>375828728
>They cannot. Everyone succumbs eventually, when faced with the timeline of LITERALLY infinity.

Any source for this? Not doubting, it's a sound logical conclusion, I'm just curious.
>>
The only ending where you arent manipulated is End of Fire, in all 3 games, so that's the good one.
>>
File: 1493622469980.gif (983KB, 227x201px) Image search: [Google]
1493622469980.gif
983KB, 227x201px
>>375818515
>burn for all eternity in a flame, an existence incomprehensible in pain and agony that leaves you a burnt husk, ready for the next poor soul to slaughter you and take your place
or
>become a lord of hollows with a harem of waifus and assassins at your disposal, king of the new world and ready to guide it with a steady hand
Hmmmm
>>
>>375828770
If the Abyssal nature of the ringed knight armor was sealed away it wouldn't be able to still think for itself, and the Abyss wouldn't be proudly oozing out of the chestpiece, you stupid fucking faggot. That seal is broken, and the Darksign on the armor is what tells you this. Just like how the Darksign on your body tells you that the seal of fire on you has broken, not that it was placed. Mankind isn't supposed to die, they are supposed to be immortal like the Gods are. That is the power limiter that Gwyn placed on man, not Undeath.
>>
>>375828912
The Darksign descriptions in all 3 games state this definitively.
>>
>>375828975
>King of the new world
wew I bet ruling the dreg heap is the best rite!
>>
File: 1418636754262.png (66KB, 712x915px) Image search: [Google]
1418636754262.png
66KB, 712x915px
Reminder all kingdoms are build by Gods. Do not fall for the Kaathe memes.
>>
>>375828975
>letting the world rot and fester instead of letting it die
>"""""""ruling""""""" over a bunch of soon-to-be-mindless backstabbing scumbag hollows in your plane of literally nothing infinite darkness
>>
File: 1486240829180.jpg (62KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1486240829180.jpg
62KB, 680x680px
>>375823801
Bloodborne babies seriously needs
>no drawbacks for a serious effect like curse
>removal of simple estus upgrading mechanic of hollow > reverse hollow > kindle > more kindle
>skyrim tier baby teleports for navigating a nicely made world map full of shortcuts and multi level connections from the START
>co-op to play the whole game with friends
>AI to bring help for bosses
>casual mode for completely removing the punishment for dying and making the progress something meaningless, making bonfires mere checkpoints
At this point you might as well watch a let's play and tell everyone you finished it if you are not going to play the damn game.
>>
>>375820550
that's before the fire goes out though, it's before the events of dark souls 3
>>
>>375829164
That's a bit iffy. The Darksign is a making of Gwyn's, or his people or something, isn't it? Not sure what that would mean, though.
>>
>>375829424
>Londor so shit it's nowhere to be found in the Dreg Heap
>Even Earthen Peak from Drangleic is there
kek, fuck the Gods but Kaathe is complete shit
>>
>>375829073
>muh humanity
>equality for hollows and humans
>ill take a killer mindless hollow than a the old god that took me out of the fucking abbys and gave me everything i have as a human
>The gods are bad peple
>down with the power!!!
>this victim complex
Kek
Gwyn not only gave humans, giants and lords a propose, he even sacrifice himself to protect this world. Fucking pussy humans.
>>
>>375829569
>it's before the events of dark souls 3

but the fire never goes out between 1 and 3.
This why there is a cult of fire linking in 3.
>>
>>375829586
>the Darksign is a making of Gwyn's
no, end this meme. the Darksign means that Gwyn's power is broken. Just by looking at it, it is visually the Dark overwhelming a disk of light and pushing it back to the perimeter. See >>375827197
>>
>>375829569
Ludleth tells you that it was a "World Without Fire," same as what comes about when you let the flame fade away in the end of the game. It was a bona-fide Age of Dark. He had to link it from within the darkness because nobody had the balls to do it while the lights were still on
>>
>>375828824
>in the fucking same place the silver knights get theirs you dumb fuck,

And how could said place exist BEFORE gwyn found his lord soul? And how the fuck can there be armors if everyone was a mindless hollow? There has to be someone who made the crown and clothes, but how can he do so since life was just mindless hollows bumping into each other in the dark?

Same goes for Nito, you didn't answer. He's a cool ass skelington BEFORE finding his lord soul. How does that happen?

Of course they didn't start fighting dragons the second they found the souls, one can assume they crafted stuff and magic for some time, built a few houses and did lord stuff. But what I'm asking is, why does Gwyn have a crown/clothes BEFORE finding his lord soul, why is Nito a badass BEFORE finding his lord soul, since there was nothing? Oh I know, because it visually looks cooler than showing a naked corpse bumping into other naked corpses until he stumbles upon a shiny thing and picks it up.

DaStards are the most retarded fanbase ever
>>
>>375828950
Only endings where you aren't manipulated are the usurp the fire ending in 3, and the aldia ending in 2.
>>
>>375829714
Interesting. Then what's up with the way of white, way of blue, and the weird little sign in DS1 indicating someone was casting miracles all being rings?
>>
>>375829424
WHO THE FUCK MAKES ALL THESE PEPE IMAGE?!
>>
>>375830015
>usurp the fire ending in 3
>literally do everything Yuria wants like a good cuck
>aldia ending in 2
>same as above but subjectively
>>
>>375828975
There won't be a world in the age of dark. There will be nothing. Past and future will have no meaning. Entropy will be at maximum. It will be like our universe will be when the stars go out and every proton, neutron and electron has decayed into protons. Literally nothing, for trillions and trillions and trillions of years.
>>
File: 1492061283965.png (83KB, 925x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1492061283965.png
83KB, 925x1155px
>>375823801
Your opinion is literally pleddit and is because fucks like you that dark souls 3 ended been such a shit, end your life as soon as possible.
>>
>>375827901
Are you implying that you're in NG+ and just started using magic? As in you've got sub-40 int, a bad catalyst, and Great Heavy Soul Arrow is your best spell?

That's where you're fucking up. NG+ is balanced based on the assumption that you are as strong as you were when you finished the game, and now you're gimping yourself to be as strong as you were when you STARTED the game.
>>
>>375823801
>not mentioning the actual mistake like incomplete 2nd half of the game
good job retard, fuck your shitty ideas
>>
>>375829073
You wants to live forever as an insane hollow, though?
>>
>>375829657
>he even sacrifice himself to protect this world.
Yeah no, he just wanted to extend the age of fire so he could have fun a bit longer with his buddies in Anor Londo. He was scared shitless of the dark, he knew humans would gain immense power in a age of dark while gods will become weaker and weaker, so he locked away the pygmies at the end of the world, is so sociopathic he even put his daughter there to freeze time, and linked the fire so he could keep fucking Gwyndolin.
>>
>>375829470
Not my fault you're a loner dudio. People with friends actually like playing games TOGETHER. Who cares if it makes the game easy? its fun and thats all that matters, not that you would know...
>>
File: 1438155917838 (1).png (201KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438155917838 (1).png
201KB, 600x600px
>>375829714
>MY HEADCANNONS IS RIGHT SO FUCK ALL OF YOURS REEEEEE
>>
>>375830465
The gods you fight all seem to be very powerful (compared to basic humans) even when the flame is waning. I don't think there is any truth that idea of power reversal.
>>
why would you linking it since you were doing it like all game all along and now in the you have a choice to create a world you desire, why throw the choice away, anon?
>>
>>375830183
>usurp the fire ending in 3
>literally do everything Yuria wants like a good cuck
That's the lord of hollows ending, when you stab Anri and everything.

Usurp the fire ending is when you summon fire keeperfu, tell her to kill the flame, then proceed to take it from her when it's in her hands.

>aldia ending in 2
>same as above but subjectively
Nah, you have the crowns, you are immortal, you don't give a shit about cycles. You can do whatever you want, like walk around the world with Aldia trying to find what lies beyond the cycles, or do what Wolnir did and conquer the whole world since you can't die.
>>
>>375830465
Also it's canologically obvious that the world does become fucked up as shit when the flame dies.
>>
>>375829931
>But what I'm asking is, why does Gwyn have a crown/clothes BEFORE finding his lord soul, why is Nito a badass BEFORE finding his lord soul, since there was nothing? Oh I know, because...

Yeah because you are retarded and you are asuming that the shoot in wich they show the lords holding their souls its meant to be them finding the dark souls. You are fucking stupid.

>bumping into other naked corpses until he stumbles upon a shiny thing and picks it up.

are you fucking retarded thats practicaly what happens in the intro??????????????
>>
>>375830849
That's what I meant by End of Fire. You got stuff mixed up, it's well accepted that Usurpation is the Lord of Hollows ending because you take the fire for yourself, while the Firekeeper puts it down for good, ending it.

I agree with you on Aldia now though, I guess he just cleared the path with his words instead of ordering you around.
>>
>>375830795
The gods you fight all seem to be very powerful
Yeah, but that doesn't mean they weren't 10 times stronger before.

Also, and that's my headcannon (unless some item confirms it), that if humans are weak in an age of fire but grow stronger in an age of dark (this one is a fact), the opposite happens for gods.

Gwyn feared the humans because, well, the dark soul is split among all humanity, so there are more humans than gods, and a shitton of humans at the peak of their power could overthrow the gods. Otherwise he wouldn't have locked them away.

And Kaathe tells us Gwyn saw what the age of dark is, he saw the true potential of humans, and linked the flame.
>>
>>375824719

it worked for Londor, so...
>>
>>375830653
You are welcome to try disproving any of it instead of just autistically screeching
>>
>>375830040
There's no darkness at the core of those things, they aren't a manifestation of fire's failing power.
>>
>>375831443
That wasn't really the question. I asked why they are also rings.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>375830876

But what if we seize it for our own?

What if we remake the world for its true heirs, the hollows?
>>
>>375831318
Dude, you're acting like a fucking kid. We're all having fun here and you come along with paragrqaphs of nonsensical bullshit and a superiority complex.

Do you honestly think ANYONE here cares about the story/lore? We're having a fun discussion, not a debate you tool.
>>
>>375831138
>puts it down for good, ending it
>she outright tells you that embers still exist and will one day flourish again
>>
>>375831138
>You got stuff mixed up, it's well accepted that Usurpation is the Lord of Hollows ending because you take the fire for yourself, while the Firekeeper puts it down for good, ending it.

I think we didn't understand each other.

Lord of hollows is the ending where you become the lord of hollows, rulling mankind in darkness with Yuria as your personal bodyguard and cumslut. This is what Kaathe wanted.

End of fire is let the fire keeperfu kill the flame.

Usurpation is when you kill the keeperfu and take the flame for yourself. No Yuria, no hollow, nothing, just you and the flame, god knows what you can do with it.

And in this case usurpation is the one where you aren't influenced by anyone.
>>
>>375831595
>Do you honestly think that anyone cares about souls lore in a thread dedicated to talking about souls lore in which people are doing nothing but talking about souls lore?
Yes? Are you stupid?
>>
>>375818515
>falling for the white mans jewery
Nice try Kaathe
>>
File: 1490535029597.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490535029597.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>375830582
>shitter tries to ease his butthurt with all this assumptions about random posters in an anonymous taiwanese ladyboy dickposting forum
When I want to play with my friends I play fightan, shooter, racing or games like GoW/Kane & Lynch where the game is designed for it. Have """""fun""""" ruining a game balanced and made for single player with your shitter friends kiddo. Co-op in souls is as far as an easy mode you will ever get.
>>
>>375831570
I dunno
>>
>>375830465
>muh humanity so powerfull
>muh bad lords DD:

yeah no, gwyn was afraid of the dark beacuse he didint wanted to go back to the fucking abbys and being hollow, thats why he made the ultimate sacrifice and kindle the fire right before another one of your "muh bad lords" sacrifice herself trying to find a solution. Oh and dont forget the furtive pygme he did so much for humanity, he... uhm... he hide like . a faggot? Kek
>>
>>375831625
Oh, this seems right actually.
>>375831597
No shit embers still exist, it's easily to understand the world goes back to what it was before the first cycle, of course flame will come back. Otherwise it would've never appeared in the first place.
>>
File: noose.jpg (50KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
noose.jpg
50KB, 800x530px
>>375831778
>he... uhm... he hide like . a faggot? Kek

Congratulations, not only are you illiterate, but you won the most canceropus post of 2017 award on 4chan!
>>
>>375831592
>this textures
>fucking das1 has better textures than this game

bloodborne engine and ps4 exclusivity was a mistake.
>>
>>375831893
Thats Das3 you mook
>>
>>375831227
Oh yeah it worked so good for Oolacile, Fucking retard.
>>
>>375831206
Have you seen a fucking human on the chasm of abbys? do you fucking remember what happened to astorias when he got corrupted? Fucking shit people do you even play the gemes you are talking about????
>>
>>375831979
>that´s das3 you mook

really I thought thats kingsvield VI. You idiot, das3 used the same engine and some of the assets from bloodborne.
>>
>>375831778
the only reason Gwyn went "hollow" in the first place is because he linked the fire
>>
>>375831206
>humans are weak in an age of fire but grow stronger in an age of dark (this one is a fact)

What proof do you have of this? The word of a snake?

I believe the Gwyn simply liked the world as it was and wanted it to live on that way. The dark soul is a multiplying, consuming thing. If it spreads until nothing is left, it dies too. Thus, keeping the age of fire going allows everyone to live happily.
>>
>>375831884
Oh well memed friend. Now tell me what are the furtive pigmy achivements, how he helped hollows in the age of lords, im waiting.
>>
>>375831774
Considering two out of three of those are connected to Gwyn's people, it makes me think that it's not a coincidence, and that the seal on humans is in fact the Darksign. Plus, the dark sigil makes a point that it resembles a Darksign (brand of an undead). What it lacks is a ring of light/fire.

Still, none of what I said proves or disproves that the mindlessness is inevitable.
>>
>>375832247
Split the dark soul and made the gods so fearful they had to cuck their entire kingdom
>>
>>375823801
>adding in all the fuck ups the later games made into the best game

how about fuck off
>>
>>375822785
I think you completely missed the point of DS3, linking the fire does have (bad) consequences, you can't just link the flame again and again.
>>
File: 1485009814675.jpg (39KB, 736x601px) Image search: [Google]
1485009814675.jpg
39KB, 736x601px
>>375820350
Should I play 3 and dlc for the story? I've grown out of Dark souls (and BB) but kinda want closure on the story a lil.
>>
>>375831869
>Oh, this seems right actually.
It doesn't, in the lord of hollows ending you clearly take the flame for you, you even look embered after you absorb the fire. the only diference in usurpation and lord of the hollows is how you take the fire for your self, and who do you use for that end
>>
>>375832752
The dlc gives no real closure, but it is the best part of 3
>>
>>375832089
>Have you seen a fucking human on the chasm of abbys?
Dark=/=Abyss

>do you fucking remember what happened to astorias when he got corrupted?
Except he had a part of Gwyn's lord soul, so he was literally a god or at least half god, he didn't have any dark soul in him, and once again, he got fucked up by the abyss, not the dark.

Fucking shit, did DaStards even play the game they love so much?
>>
>>375823801
Here is how the dark souls remaster should look like anon:

>get the UI from the 3rd game
>add some more places
>fix izalith
>fix this stupid "blighttown is suddenly blue"
>make convenants like souls 3 with just equipping.

Well that´s all, anything else should be like it is.
>>
>>375820146
>>375820067
I just want to be Dark Fantasy Robocop.
Also the Fire WILL fade one way or the other.
>>
>>375832932
Add powerstancing and I'm with you.
>>
>>375831778
>>375832247
He split his dark soul among ALL the humans, while Gwyn split a bit of his and gave it to his best friends. Furtive pygmy is the one that did the most important stuff.
>>
>>375832416
So hidding and doing nothing? Kek
You are so fucking desilutional

>muh smart faaggot pygmeeeee

Gwyn even gave humanity the task to link the fire, Artorias was his right hand (a human?!?!?!), he split his lord souls and gave a part of it to the four kings (more humans!?!?!?!?!?) oh yeah but he was afraid of them and a bad goy, not like the grat Furtive Pigmy that fighted dra... oh wait he didint, he just hid like a little fucking bitch Kek
>>
File: 1486411389777.jpg (144KB, 1921x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1486411389777.jpg
144KB, 1921x1280px
>>375820550
>>375820350
Guys, you are litteraly arguing over the color of the sky.
>>
>>375833389
And also about how the entire world has been burned to ash
>>
So are the gods of Lordran are still the same race as the humans right? They just shed their hollowness through the lord souls rather than pieces of the dark soul or am I just dumb?
>>
>>375832903
Go and play the game nigger, you dont have idea what are you talking about, for instance artorias was a human just as orstein as smough, gwyn only gifted part of his lord soul to the four kings and steath thats why when you kill the four kings in the abbys bellow new londo you get a Lord souls and no the four kings soul, and when you kill astorias you get a corrupted astorias soul.

Im pretty sure you are just b8 at this point but what ever fuck your self. enjoy your last (You)
>>
>>375833335
Artorias was not human, and I cant remember if the Four Kings were or not. Also, calm down with the punctuation.
>>
>>375832187
>What proof do you have of this?
The Dark grows in power as fire weakens. This implies that the Dark Soul, also grows in power. Humans have the Dark Soul at their core.
>>
>>375821695
But we knew it wouldn't last forever in the frat game too, dipshit, nothing about that ending was ruined. You either link the flame again or let it fade and a new flame will emerge later.
>>
>>375833759
>Gwyns 4 knights were human
No.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/soul-of-ornstein
>Gwyn granted this soul to his four most trusted knights
>>
>>375833215
>He split his dark soul among ALL the humans
So? how does that help anyone???? Do you realize he did that to hide right???

>while Gwyn split a bit of his and gave it to his best friends.

No he dosent fucking learn to read, he gives his soul to the four kings and steath in exchange of info to beat the fucking dragons.

>Furtive pygmy is the one that did the most important stuff.

Oh yeah dont mind the fucking revolution the Lords did against the dragons to get out of the fucking shit hole they where, and civilitation??? pfff thats nothing compared to being a fucking pussy and hide. Kek
>>
>>375834232
>>Gwyn granted this soul to his four most trusted knights
I don't even think they are humans but wow this phrase proves they were not, thanks anon
>>
>>375833759
You can't be this dumb. Can you understand that Artorias had part of Gwyn's soul in him, and no Dark Soul at all? The people who got part of the dark soul are those who didn't get any of the lords souls.

There's that, and once again, there's also the fact that the dark isn't necessarily the abyss. The dark is like untended graves, it's just dark. The abyss is the fucked up part of the dark. You know, the own that fucks up stuff, like Artorias and Manus, the one where you need a ring to survive.

Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>375832932
How to ruin a perfect game the guide.
>>
>>375834478
oh yeah please tell me how any of my suggested things ruin a "perfect" game.
>>
>>375834658
all of them. well reworking the ui isnt THAT bad. i give you that
>>
File: abyss.png (2KB, 1214x569px) Image search: [Google]
abyss.png
2KB, 1214x569px
>>375820350
So this... is the power of the dark...

wow
>>
>>375818515
>Being Godpilled
No thanks.
The End of Fire ending in 3 is what should have happened centuries ago.
Plus holding hands with the Firekepper while the Fire fades is cozy.
>>
File: 1492726073763.jpg (154KB, 707x536px) Image search: [Google]
1492726073763.jpg
154KB, 707x536px
>People STILL haven't found out your choices don't matter

All the games are essentially about cycles, and no matter what your choice of ending, it always goes to either fire or humanity, but never one for too long. You can see this in DS3's ending where you take the flame, but the embers still remain. Also, the remnants of the age of Dragons: Ash lake, is very similar to Gaels boss arena at the end of the age of fire. The everlasting dragon is the last remnant of a previous cycle.

Basically becoming the dark lord doesn't do anything, and after the max amount of firelinkings happen, the world goes back to how it was described in ds1's intro
>>
>>375834870
then tell me how
- adding more places
- not having fight against taurus and goat demon 5 billion times and nothing else
- fixing this stupid light effect when you enter the tunnels to blighttown

are ruining the game for you

but I give you the convenant thing, even if the souls 3 version is way better.
>>
>>375834478
>perfect game
When the only good aspects of it are world design and connectivity (and only for 1/3 of the game), and visual design of the boss.

Literally everything else is done better in other soulsborne games.
>>
>>375835072
>Ashen One? Heareth now my voice still?
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>375822785
In Untended graves fire is still burning a little.

Otherwise reality would resort to Age of ancients.
My headcannon is that the world of dark souls is about a forest fire.
Fire spreads and civilization is built but the fire uses trees as fuel.

In the end of time all the trees are burnt so no more fuel.
But still the flame hadn't faded.
Otherwise it would be Age of ancients and all foggy.

There we go.
Everything is trees.

Stop burning all of them so they can grow back you pyromaniac!
>>
>>375834474
>>375834474
nice mind cannon anon, ill read you fan fiction anyday.

>There's that, and once again, there's also the fact that the dark isn't necessarily the abyss. The dark is like untended graves, it's just dark. The abyss is the fucked up part of the dark. You know, the own that fucks up stuff, like Artorias and Manus, the one where you need a ring to survive.

And i never said that, the abbys need fire to fade because is the only power that can harnes that shit (i know you didint played the games but the rigned knights of ds3 pretty much explain that) and whos behind the abbys?? manus? and whos manus? the furtive pigmy???

>muh pigmy b-but hes t-the good goy!!!!

Fuck of retard.
>>
>>375830143
i do
>>
Linking the fire is the only choice.

Age of Dark is shit, corruption, humidity and dickwraith everywhere.
>>
>>375835114
no one here es arguing about desitions anon, there is just a bunch of faggots that cant learn to read and know shit about the lore of the game
>>
>>375823801
Holly shit taste
>No double humanity for kindling
Only 1 is required if your human... Kindling while being hollow could reduce the online activity
>Curse toned down
Curse was fine the way it was
>ability to warp from previously visited bonfired, FUCK the lordvessel
Literally kill yourself

>easier to find friends
you are the type of player that ruined souls

>Unbreakable ring of sacrifice for casual difficulty
no
>>
What Dark Souls 1 really needs is just diagonal rollign while locked on.

Thats honestly all they need to fix for the remastered version unless they want to touch up Izalith
>>
>>375835549
>nice mind cannon anon, ill read you fan fiction anyday.
What exactly is head cannon in what I said? Are you saying Artorias didn't have a part of Gwyn's soul? Are you saying that Artorias has a part of the dark soul? According to you, what soul does Artorias have?

All this started because you said Artorias got corrupted by the dark, and assumed the things we see in the chasm of the abyss are the state of humans (when I said "at the peak of their power").

To which I said that Artorias never got corrupted by the dark, he got corrupted by the abyss, which are two different things, that humans grow stronger in an age of dark, and that the humanity sprites in the chasm of the abyss aren't that strong form, since abyss and dark are two different things.

>and whos behind the abbys?? manus? and whos manus? the furtive pigmy???
Manus isn't the furtive pigmy. We don't know who the furtive pigmy is, but most logical answer is Ludleth.

>muh pigmy b-but hes t-the good goy!!!!
I just said he's a better guy than Gwyn.

>Fuck of retard
no u
>>
>>375836658
There was nothing wrong with Izalith
>>
>>375837140
>We don't know who the furtive pigmy is, but most logical answer is Ludleth.
Best candidate for the Furtive Pygmy is the Pygmy Lord that you speak with in TRC desu
>>
>>375824482
If you need someone to explain the concept of overcoming adversity to you then you shouldn't be playing anything but nintendogs. Warping from the start fucks up every game it's in.
>>
Hey are bleed/hollow builds any good in this still? Haven't played in a year, picked up all the dlc but idk what build to go for.
>>
Did we ever learn the difference between DaS2 and DaS1/DaS3 giants?
>>
>>375838031
>Warping from the start fucks up every game it's in.

LOL no, it just makes it easier, which is fine because I already beat it before. Theres no shame in shortcuts when you've already done all the work, The game should reward me, not punish me, otherwise why the fuck would I replay it?

Your holier than thou attitude about a videogame is fucking hillarious broseph, +5 stars :P
>>
>>375837807
>run straight for 30 seconds
>area done

I dont know m8, very lackluster and ugly as fuck
>>
>>375838228
For one thing. They have a gaping hole where their face should be.

And they turn into trees in death.
>>
>>375838074
Bleed infusion is stronger, carthus rouge is weaker. Basically, you either choose luck scaling physical damage or bleed infliction scaling for a single weapon, not both. Both need luck, though, so you can switch between. Some people say this makes the builds worse, others say they can make it work.
>>
>>375838393
Are DaS2 giants chaos giants? They're pyromancers and chaos shit is trees, isn't it?
>>
What was the lore behind Darklurker? He just seems kind of "there" and nothing is given about his existence or how he relates to anything else
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (8KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
8KB, 320x180px
>Many of us are by the fire forsaken.
>I speak of thine kind, and mine.
>Behold this city! We are kindred, belike two eyes which gaze upon the other.
>Fear not, the dark, my friend.
>And let the feast begin.

Was he being truthful?
>>
File: 1478880137748.jpg (28KB, 376x407px) Image search: [Google]
1478880137748.jpg
28KB, 376x407px
>>375823801
nice bait but what actually needs to happen is a Demon's Souls remaster with
>fixed world tendency
>make dying in the nexus reduce tendency across all worlds so you can't pussy out
>broken archstone restored
>>
>>375839252
>tells you that its' impossible for the Abyss to manifest itself as devouring insects, and therefore that the claims that darkness monsters are hurting Irina are lies
>while being a literal devouring insect monster manifested straight from the Abyss
don't believe his lies.
>>
>>375837893
Ludleth's dialogue and the fact that his throne is extremely similar to the pygmy lords thrones hints at him being the furtive pygmy. But you may be right, or wrong, who knows, we'll have to wait for Vaati to shit out a video.
>>
>>375839252
>Preacher
No, he's just talking stuff so people get absorbed by the dark, no better than a jehovah witness, so much most of their species has gone insane
>>
>>375830653
at least he didn't save the same image twice
>>
>>375839421
>Gnaw is just a thousand tiny preacher locusts partaking in unity
>>
>>375838421
So what is the go to weapon to bleed infuse? Carthas curved sword? Warden twinblades?

Should I bleed infuse one of them and then use Anri's for physical if I'm scaling luck?
>>
>Witch of Izalith drives her Lord Soul wild, and is turned into a tree monster, with mutated trees covering all of Izalith
>Humans drive their humanity wild, and monsters with distinctly arboreal themes like the Pilgrim Butterflies and Angels spawn, with the pre-transformed corresponding hollows growing twigs and branches out of their bodies
Why do wild Lord Souls = trees? What does it mean?
>>
>>375818515
So does linking the fire make everyone stop being hollow for a while? Or is does the darkness end the curse but the world is kil
>>
>>375839896
>So does linking the fire make everyone stop being hollow for a while?
Yes, Anastacia's dialogue in DaS1 hints at this, the ending to DaS2 tells you this outright, and some of the starting class descriptions in DaS3 imply it
>>
File: 1437984213820.png (2MB, 1024x788px) Image search: [Google]
1437984213820.png
2MB, 1024x788px
I seriously did not understand The Ringed City at all

somebody give me a quick rundown on what the fuck is actually happening/actually happened
>>
>>375839787
Ash Lake trees are made of humans of the cycle previous to Gwyn's
>>
>>375824362
>Not wanting to be greeted by huge bonfires whenever you go
Disappointing

>>375824074
>Humanity
>Rare as fuck
Very early game maybe, but at that point in the game you don't really need 10 Estus
>>
>>375839787
>Witch of Izalith drives her Lord Soul wild
She tried to create another first flame, she didn't "drive her soul wild" or whatever the fuck that means
>>
>>375840241
The abyss is sucking parts of the world in which is why earthen peak/firelink 1 are there
The area you fight Gael is apparently some abyss too even though I expected it to be the end of time
Gael knew the dark souls consume him and that you would finish his mission
>>
>>375840241
What didn't you understand?

You go to the ringed city, located at world's end, where the pygmy lords are sealed away by Gwyn and contained by the time freeze power of his sleeping daughter. You wake Filianore, which make time catch up to the moment it's supposed to be, she's long dead, Gael spent eons eating every dark soul bearer, he reached the last ones (the pygmy lords), and you kill him.
>>
>>375840241
At the close of the age of fire you see the world geographically scrambled like eggs because the disparity that holds up spacetime is fading along with the flame.

The Ringed City is accessible to you at this point because transitory lands have caused it to move away from the ass-end of the world where it normally is to somewhere you can walk to.

The Goddess of the Ringed City, Filianore, is casting a type of spell that keeps the effects of decaying spacetime at bay. The spell only lasts for as long as she stays sleeping.

You wake her up by touching the dragon egg she holds in her lap, and the spell breaks. This releases the imprisoned Pygmy Lords (which may or may not have been imprisoned in the dragon egg to start with), and the Ringed City joins the rest of the world in being thoroughly fucked.
>>
>>375823801
here's a non-retard way to improve on it

>das2/3 style pvp connectivity (you either connect or you don't, instead of waiting five fucking minutes)
>das3's rendering engine but good lord at least make an attempt to keep the coloring somewhat faithful to the original
>hollowing reduces hp
>additional warp locations
>completely remake new londo and lost izalith
>>
>>375824482
No sane person would tackle TotG without the Lordvessel in the first place
>>
>>375840502
And what effect on her soul did attempting to recreate the First Flame have, anon? It mutated, grew chaotic (wild) and starting mutating everything around it in turn.
>>
File: IMG_0433.jpg (71KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0433.jpg
71KB, 720x1080px
>>375825427
Couldn't agree more.
>>
>>375840675
Can you even? I know you can get into the catacombs but isn't there an orange fog wall blocking you off until you get the lordvessel? Im pretty sure there's one in demon ruins and the archives
>>
>>375840925
The orange fog wall in TotG is near Leeroy's invasion spot, you can get pretty far in without hitting it
>>
>>375840925
iirc the orange fog is preventing into the pinwheel clones area, but no idea how you get out of ToG without warping
>>
>>375840614
>>375840651
It's the time travel bit I don't get.

Are we travelling forward in time when we wake up Filanore? If so, doesn't this mean literally all the base game endings are invalidated since they lead to the same thing?
>>
>>375841090
There's no way to be sure. Some say that there is no time travel involved, and that when you wake Filianore you dispel an illusory version of the city to expose the real deal. Others say that Filianore is holding TRC back from the crunch of time, and that when you wake her up the city resumes its "proper" place in time -- which is an effective forward jump in time by untold eons, instantly turning the place to ash.

>doesn't this mean that all the base game endings are invalidated if they lead to the same thing?
I don't follow
>>
>>375835237
>only for 1/3rd of the game
That's bullshit and you know it
>>
>>375841090
I guess DLC happens before Soul of Cinder, because when you go to flameless shrine time goes forward, but the Dreg Heap still has bonfires and isn't complete darkness, which kills 2 of the 3 endings, and you wouldn't be there if you burned yourself
Waking Filianore breaks the spell keeping Ringed City when it is, pushing it forward too. It's as old or older than Anor Londo, and time hits it hard
>>
>>375839590
Carthus curved sword is good, I think. Daggers are good for bleed infusion, the down side being the low damage. Other than that, I think most aren't worth it.

Yes to Anri's, or whatever other hOllie weapon you want.
>>
>>375841356
>Dreg heap still has bonfires, this kills the Dark endings
Untended Graves had bonfires too, bonfires still work in the Darkness, the flame isn't extinguished entirely, its just weak.

Also just pointing out that if we were talking about the End of Fire ending, your character would be sitting with the Firekeeper in the background peacefully as your doppelganger runs around TRC fucking shit up as the flame fades quietly away
>>
>>375841260
If it was a jump forward in time, into the future, then it invalidates all the base game endings because each one of them have the same result of that future.
>>
File: 1492051740628.png (82KB, 449x389px) Image search: [Google]
1492051740628.png
82KB, 449x389px
>>375818515
>he denies the truth
The age of men is coming whether you like it or not, gwyncuck.
>>
>>375839590
>Scaling luck
For what purpose?
>>
>>375841536
>Untended Graves had bonfires too, bonfires still work in the Darkness, the flame isn't extinguished entirely, its just weak.
I guess the fading of the flame pushed whatever the Graves are to DS3-present, and because flame didn't fade, bonfires still work like you said.
Fuck that area for making everything triple harder to understand. Champ still S tier boss though
>>
>>375839787
probably some connection with archtrees, everything seems to be made of wood
>>375841260
I like the idea that there's no time travel, but then how does gael become the gael we fight? he could've gotten buff from the lords in his arena. but what about his weaponry getting corroded from fighting dudes since forever.
maybe it was just a long flight from the dreg heap to the the ringed city
>>
>>375841853
>Champ never had a fire keeper
>You're fighting him at sl1
>>
>>375842086
Jesus fuck that's why he can't roll
>>
>>375841853
>the flames didn't fade in the Untended Graves
This post is ironic, right? Because if you look around in the place you can see for yourself that this is not true.

The entire point of the Untended Graves was that so Miyazaki could show people explicitly what the world looks like during the Age of Dark. It was to show you what a World Without Fire looks like, and therefore the consequences of betraying your duty as a Lord of Cinder.

In the Age of Dark, bonfires still function. This is because the First Flame, which fuels the bonfires, is not dead, only weakened severely.

You are time traveling back to the past, back before Ludleth linked the flame (the Untended Graves was his cycle) to do this. There is no "warping to DaS3 present."
>>
hey fags i only played das1

so when discussing trilogy-wide lore, is 2 canon or what
>>
>>375842038
>he could've gotten buff from the lords in his arena. but what about his weaponry getting corroded from fighting dudes since forever.
Well anon, even if there is no time travel between Dreg Heap/TRC and Gael's fight, there is still a huge jump forward in time between the present of DaS3 and the Dreg Heap/Kiln of the First Flame. His weaponry got corroded during that skip.
>>
>>375842286
DaS2 is canon, but ignored.
>>
>>375842286
Sort of. It's mostly disregarded/ignored outside of the key concept.
>>
>>375842151
No no, you don' get my point. The flames did fade in the Graves, but that place was pushed toward DS3 time, where the flames still exist. I'm making an argument over the idea that the flame fading bends space and time. Why else would that area be after Oceiros?

I agree with you though. I thought the Age of Dark meant the flame is completely gone, not just weakened.
>>
>>375842151
>This is because the First Flame, which fuels the bonfires, is not dead, only weakened severely.

You do realize that the entire reason shit's fucked up is because the first flame is going out, right?
>>
>>375842286
It's canon but just mostly irrelevant.
>>
>>375841405
Thanks guy
>>
>>375842624
You do realize that what you just wrote doesn't contradict anything that I said, right?

>First Flame weakens to the point where it physically cannot keep the lights on anymore
>This results in spacetime and all manner of other miscallaneous disparity weakening to the point of apocalyptic chaos
>>
>>375842286
My head canon will always be that 2 takes place after 3, like 100s of bonfire cycles after.
Theres a lot of areas in 2 that are implied to be areas from 1, and anor Londo should be destroyed but is in ds3
>>
>>375842760
Your headcanon is wrong because multiple items exist in DaS3 that refer to people like Lucatiel and Vendrick in the strict past tense
>>
>>375842760
So dreg heap is pushing shit from the future toward it? Good one anon
>>
>>375842852
well shit, when/where the fuck does DaS2 happen?
>>
>>375842908
Between DaS1 and DaS3
>>
>The First Flame quickly fades.
>Darkness will shortly settle.
>But one day, tiny flames will dance across the darkness.
>Like embers, linked by lords past."

>Ashen one, hearest thou my voice, still?

The whole point of dark souls is that breaking the cycle (either by linking the fire or usurping it) merely leads to more suffering in the world.
>>
>>375841334
The great world design is until you ring both bells, and that's 1/3 of the game. Then you get the lordvessel and that's linear, then you kill the 4 dudes which is also linear.

They blew their entire budget on world design, and couldn't even get it right entirely. God I hate this game.
>>
>>375832752
>I've grown out of Dark souls
Hit puberty, you mean? You'll "grow" right back into them when you're finally an adult.
>>
DaS1 == Raiders of the Lost Ark

DaS2 == Temple of Doom

DaS3 == The Last Crusade

prove me wrong
>>
>>375842908
Drangleic is its own continent.
>>
>>375842908
>>375842949
DS1 is the first cycle, DS2 is a random one in the far future, and DS3 is potentially the last seeing how fucked up shit became
>>
>>375842890
Dreg heap is in the future in relation to the base game so that doesn't even matter
>>
>>375825681
Original use in DeS (and DaS to a small extent) is to indicate where to progress through the level. There's some usual level of non-linearity to areas and the fog walls indicate that you're heading "though" the level towards the boss as opposed to a branch path.
>>
>>375843062
so DS2 and 3 build on the assumption that the fire is linked in 1?
>>
>>375843031
Surprisingly accurate
>>
>>375843023
Why the fuck does it keep getting shorter?
>It gets worse after Anor londo
>now it gets worse after Both bells
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>375843152
Not necessarily. In the event that your character in DaS1 chose to not link the flame, someone else came along and did it in his place. That said, it implies pretty heavily that the CU did link it.
>>
>>375843152
Yes, 2 basically said it doesn't matter if you link it or not, some rando will
>>
>>375823801
Greentext is probably the worst that could happen. Seriously, short of outsourcing DaS to a Western company or Tecmo, I can't see how a re-release can go ANY worse than what's described in this fucking post. Holy shit.
>>
>>375842380
>>375842479
>>375842640
Are you serious? DaS2 gets referenced almost as much as DaS1
>>
File: fear not the dark.jpg (31KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
fear not the dark.jpg
31KB, 480x480px
>You did usher in the age of dark, right? I mean you don't trust the lies of the gods, right? They literally enslaved humanity, and you are not one of these weird people who liked that?
>You know what they say: Fear not the dark my friend, and let the feast begin.
>You don't actually fear the dark, do you?
>>
>>375843314
There are entire levels/areas that are referenced from DaS I. DaS II, by comparison, doesn't really have any of that.
>>
>>375843419
Aren't those Locusts basically a bunch of liars?
One of them says that there are no such things as insects in the abyss despite there being a miracle you can use to summon them.
>>
>>375843419
Go away, Darkness-Todd Howard
>>
>>375843225
Are you dumb? Second bell is 1/3 of the game, everything from very start to second bell has the great world design and is interconnected and everything.

Then it gets linear, Sen's fortress=>Anor Londo, this is linear, then you get the 4 souls which are also linear areas completely disconnected.
>>
>>375843031
I've only watched the first Indiana Jones movie and it was so dumb I never bothered with the rest.
>>
How did it make you feel that the 'new world' that little girl is painting is Bloodborne.

It uses the BLOOD of the Dark Souls. Therefore, it is born in blood.

Blood.

Born.

There you are.
DS4 WHEN
>>
>>375843429
This is because DaS and DaS3 are very close geographically (like Farron Keep being Darkroot), DaS2 is another continent.

And yet you get tons of items from DaS2, NPCs, area in the DLC, references in item descriptions, you even have a painting of Nashandra and the fume throne in irithyll.
>>
>>375843617
>linear is bad
anon you might be retarded
>>
>>375843761
It would me feel like she's fucked up to make a world with abominations like those as gods and I should've killed her so Gael found himself another goal
>>
>>375843761
The "Blood of the Dark Soul" is basically tree sap.
The true origin of all non-dragon based life is the Archtree's and hollows are walking archtree seedlings.
>>
>>375843561
Those insects are of the deep, not the abyss/dark
>>
>>375844657
>Those insects are of the deep, not the abyss/dark
So whats the difference between the two then? I was led to believe that the deep is basically a rotting, stagnant abyss.
>>
>>375843152
technically it doesn't matter, but since there's absolutely no reference to a "Dark Lord" it's pretty much assumed they didn't link it, since the first ever Dark Lord would probably leave some mark on the lore.
>>
>>375845174
*assumed they did
>>
>>375844913
You have it backwards. The Deep is what a large collection of Humanity resembles when it ISN'T wild, as opposed to the Abyss, wherein it is. Abyss is to Deep as Chaos Fire is to normal Fire. Time has caused rot to start to set in, like in the painting.
>>
>>375844657
Are you sure about that? Deep monsters are grublike and look like they belong in the water, whereas Gnaw is much closer in description to the Preachers, which are Abyssal. Out of all the miscellaneous corruption that found its way into the Deep over the years, is it so inconceivable that some facets of that corruption could be Abyssal in nature?
>>
>>375843920
I NEVER said linear is bad, in fact DaS3 is extremely linear and is by far my favorite.

I just said that the only good thing about DaS is the world design and the boss visual design. Then I said the great world design is just for 1/3 of the game, and the anon wasn't understanding.

I'm just saying that everything is done better in other soulsborne games. And btw, I don't really care, but DaStards are always the ones complaining about the linearity of DaS3 and how the great thing about DaS is that it's not linear (which makes no sense since, again, it's non linear only for 1/3 of the game).

Good thing From dropped the idea of an interconnected world, so now we can enjoy good gameplay, good bosses and good individual level design.
>>
File: Darkness-Todd-Howard.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Darkness-Todd-Howard.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>375843589
>Hah, that was a nice joke anon, but please, show me that you bought the Darkness now. Show me that you shall partake. I said P A R T A K E, N O W
>>
>>375846037
I love it
>>
>>375845451
Yes, the spell he mentions literally says, that "those who linger too long on the brink of the Deep will often slip"
>>
>>375846184
Well yeah, if Abyss insects had managed to find their way into the Deep and made their home there, that description would still apply, would it not?
>>
>>375843419
Could locusts just be spawn from the abyss, and the preachers are trying to make more people go there? Their grab attack bites the player, maybe they want to feast on dark soul of men too.
>>
>>375845345
You got me wrong. When I said the "Abyss", I meant the actual physical location of the place (like the chasm of the abyss), not wild humanity.
>>
>>375845563
>Sens and Anal rodeo are bad because because of linearity but Ds3 isn't
You're just looking for excuses to hate the game, be retarded, and have shit taste aren't you? Das>>Das3>Das2
>>
>Age of Fire = a gritty mid/high fantasy feudal world not too unlike ours
>Age of Dark = an abyssal world with wandering lands, inherited by those who suffered Gwyn's curse of the darksign who cannot die, only go mad
and of course Frampt and Kaathe merely express a personal preference for their respective ages, they both survive regardless of bullshit. Dark vs Light might as well be high stakes football to them
>>
>>375820305
>listen to a liar
>listen to a guy whos been waiting for some gullible jack to manipulate

Hmm, tough choices
>>
What was the point of the Milfanito in DaS2
>>
>>375841641
delete this
>>
>>375846825
And once again there is this turbo sperglord.

I NEVER said sens and anor londo are bad because of linearity.
I NEVER even said they are bad.

Read the previous posts, but I can say it again, I just pointed out the fact that world design is the one thing DaS does extremely well, and every other aspect is done better in other soulsborne games. What so hard to understand?

Sens and Anor Londo ARE linear, that doesn't make them bad, no idea where you got that idea. It's just that since since every aspect is better in the following games, nobody can say DaS is the best one. And everything started because some anon said DaS is a perfect game, I just said it isn't.

Objectively speaking DaS3>sotfs=DaS>DaS2
Simply because everything in DaS3 is better than in DaS, gameplay, individual level design, bosses, fashion souls, weapons, balance, pvp, graphics, etc...
>>
>>375820350
This world happened because lothric refused to link it and the cinder lords said fuck it we did this shit already.
>>
What happened to the chosen undead?
>>
>>375847520
They are a race created by Nito to sing to the souls of the dead and calm their humanity.
Because even if your dead, your humanity can still run wild and become abyssal (see High Lord Wolnir).
>>
>>375847669
Soul of Cinder
>>
>>375847498
alright can someone now please tell me, how do we know that frampt is manipulating us? or kathee or whoever? because in the "Dark Ending" we are the bosses of him.
>>
File: sulyvahn concept art.jpg (764KB, 2714x1920px) Image search: [Google]
sulyvahn concept art.jpg
764KB, 2714x1920px
So in the end, was he right?
>>
>>375847936
>alright can someone now please tell me, how do we know that frampt is manipulating us?
Frampt misleads you as to what linking the fire will entail. He doesn't say "by the way this is going to hurt like a motherfucker and drive you hollow," he says "may you enjoy serendipity." He's totally lying by omission about the consequences of following his orders.

Kaathe downplays hard the dangers of embracing the darkness by dismissing the Abyssal bullshit all around you by saying "oh well yeah this is shit but THOSE guys were losers and I'm SURE you won't make their mistake right :^)))" while also conveniently forgetting to mention how fucked up the world gets when the flames start fading hard
>>
Is Gwyn history's greatest villian or hero?

>fought dragons & demons personally
>shared his power generously
>respected & rewarded loyalty
>sacrificed himself for what he beleived in, valued courage over life

>manipulated humanity into being glorified cattle for the fire
>had political/religious opponents assassinated, imprisoned, etc
>cast down his valiant firstborn for petty reasons
>the power vacumn left by his self-immolation caused untold suffering for many as the fire faded and allowed Kaathe a chance to work his agenda unopposed
>>
>>375848215
so in the end we are completly fucked? Either we will lit the flames, become someshit like gwynn and die.

Or we choose to do nothing and let the world kinda die.

Fuck that´s nice. That´s exactly the shit why I love souls, hopefully we will now get a souls game (sci-fi at best) without plattform exclusivity, but seeing how namco needs a replacement it will probably be sony exclusive.
>>
>>375823801
Remasters dont change how the game works. Its graphical changes or better framerate. You meant to say remake.

DS remake includes:
>teleport available at first bonfire that isnt in the shrine
>adds ADP stat
>faith builds useless than ever
>npc summons actually attack enemy boss
>fight club zone in undead burg bridge
>3 vs 1 invasions
>bb combat
>powerstance returns

Shit suggestions but has there ever been a legit build with bows that isnt a greatbow without shit damage?
>>
>>375848378
It's in humans best interests to link the flame, though, nobody wants to go hollow, and human civilization as we understand it withers in the face of the Dark.
>>
>>375847597
I misread world design for game, but Das doesn't get worse 1/3rd in. More than half the fucking game takes place before the "second half" so I get confused
>every aspect is better in the following games
You're the brit aren't you
nigger das2:SoTF isn't better than 1. It's close to demons souls on quality 3 and Bloodborne aren't better in every single way. Das is the best souls game and 3 is third place. I know that your cock sucking of 3 and hatred of 1 might blind you to that
>>
>>375833709
Gods are from the Gwyns Lord Soul different from humans. Humans are from the Pygmies and the Darksoul.
>>
>>375825327
Or be a hard ass nigga like bearer of the curse and saybfuck you to both choices and goes find a cure that doesnt adhere to either side.
>>
>>375823801
>Unbreakable ring of sacrifice for casual difficulty. Some people want to just enjoy the game they bought, not spend hours frustrated over it.

Off yourself
>>
>>375847759
I thought CU chose the dark lord ending in canon?
>>
>>375825891
Capra demon in lower undead burg was an actually boss.
>>
>>375848947
No
>>
What did the race of Demons do wrong that warranted repeated attempts at extermination?
>>
File: FLY MY PRETTIES.jpg (83KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
FLY MY PRETTIES.jpg
83KB, 1000x563px
>>375828839
it still is retardedly overpowered but it sucks ass in the dlc. I hate how they put the only dark magic spells in the game way the fuck in the middle of the only dlc for dark souls 1. I mean it makes sense lore-wise but fuck that shit. I want at least dark orb before capra demon. Dark Souls 2 did good by letting us get dark magic/hexes so early on (because dark magic got nerfed like fuck in dark soul 2, at least we could get it almost right at the beginning of the game).
>>
>>375849464
They're generally violent destructive dickasses.
>>
File: hold the fuck up.jpg (88KB, 680x457px) Image search: [Google]
hold the fuck up.jpg
88KB, 680x457px
>People are THIS autistically mad over being able to warp from the start of the game
But why?
If you don't want to warp, then there's only one or two times you actually fucking need to warp. So why is it such a bad thing? Have you all become such angry, sweaty pisspants that you can't fathom people wanting to save a couple of minutes of time?
>>
>>375851095
Maybe if you believe the propaganda
>>
>>375839102
just lurking
>>
>>375851714
Fuck out of here Demon Prince
>>
>>375851561
The ability to warp removes any reason to make the world intricately interconnected. Why bother making anything but straight paths if everyone is just going to warp between bonfires regardless?
>>
>>375839102
a fragment of the abyss? afterall he's the boss of the abyss covenant. He's the only boss in das2 that could very well have been in das3. If you havent played dark souls 3 yet (like i have) Darklurker is the unfortunate preview of what you will experience a lot in dark souls 3.
>>
>>375818515
>listening to kingseeker
>ever
Frig off
>>
>>375827274
>implying she'd still feel, smell, or taste normal.
>>
>>375852178
I never understood this. The whole interconnection thing mostly just seems like an "oh shit that's cool" moment in games, not a defining 10/10 best game ever thing. Yes, it's good level design, but it's not practical if you end up in the deepest parts of blighttown without any moss. Besides, if they updated Dark Souls 1 to have that feature they would keep all the connected shit anyway. The path to the undead burg from darkroot wouldn't be removed like some dumbasses here think.
>>
File: c28.gif (2MB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
c28.gif
2MB, 350x272px
Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about the lore and picks whichever ending looks coolest for my character?
>tfw linking the first flame as a pyromancer
>tfw ushering in the age of dark as a hexer
>tfw becoming lord of the hollows as a hollowed character
>>
File: pullthetrigger.jpg (34KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
pullthetrigger.jpg
34KB, 500x495px
You DID leave the machines keeping your brain dead grandmother alive, right anon?
>>
>>375847959
I wish we got more bosses' armor sets.
>>
>>375853316
The paths would have never been built in the first place if the game had been designed with warping as a core mechanic.
>>
>>375853826
"The entire world" and "A braindead family member" are not the same level of urgency.
>>
>>375825957
at what point in the game did you fight them? It's possible to fight them before Anor Londo, and if you do it that early I can imagine it's pretty rough
>>
So was the world of Dark Souls ever peaceful?

Was it always fucked up? Did people farm and shit at some stage?
>>
>>375855076
whenever the flame is strong there is peace
>>
>>375848532
>das2:SoTF isn't better than 1
It's on par.
>3 and Bloodborne aren't better in every single way.
Both 3 and BB have better bosses, better gameplay, better soundtracks and better individual level design.
And just between souls games, DaS3 also has way cooler weapons, way better pvp with better netcode, way better balancing, way better fashion souls, magic looks fantastic and weapon arts are cool as fuck.
Let's not forget DaS3 has by far the best bosses, the best waifus, the best questlines, the best areas and the best DLC after old hunters.

And the only somewhat negative aspect is that's it's too linear and that bothers some people for some reason

BB=DaS3>DeS>DaS=sotfs>>>>>DaS2
>>
If I went swimming in the Deep would I get an ear infection?
>>
>>375847959
No. He was based as fuck but a dick to everyone. The Profaned Flame and the age of the Deep Sea were buzzwords FROM introduced for no reason.

In the end, only Aldia was right.
>>
Linking the fire is just a shortcut to those things. Humans don't need to actually link the fire to achieve those things, just time. Gwyn happened to link the flame, and realized his kingdoms prosperity comes from the humans burned away when he did link the flame, his knights.
>>
>>375855616
>The Profaned Flame and the age of the Deep Sea were buzzwords FROM introduced for no reason.
you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>375855076
It was always fucked up. Gwyn usurped the rule of the known world through the fire, propped his people on the top of the pile, then systematically went about making sure the status quo stayed that way. He sealed humanity, hunted the dragons pretty much to extinction, and basically doomed reality by linking the fire in order to perpetuate the era of his people. The Souls world was always fucked, it just had the veneer of peace and prosperity during the age of fire.
>>
>>375855896
The rule of the world was timeless mists, dragons, and trees.
>>
>>375855616
>In the end, only Aldia was right.
Everyone keeps harping on about him, but what did he actually accomplish?
>>
File: adp_darksouls2.webm (2MB, 857x480px) Image search: [Google]
adp_darksouls2.webm
2MB, 857x480px
>>375855474
>dark souls 3
>way better balancing
hahaha, you fucking complete retard. Dark Souls 3 is not balanced. Everyone can roll for eternity if they level a bunch of endurance and estus takes like 0.0000001 seconds to drink and invaders can estus so invasions last a long fucking time. PVP is broken because of this. Fuck your infinite rolls and instant estus heal. Dark Souls 2 balanced this with the ADP/agility stat and not letting invaders use estus or any sort of healing items (the only way they can heal is by a healing miracle or for desperate measures, the Ring of Restoration, the loyce shield, and/or the Sunken king Crown which all regen health).
>>
>>375856321
>defending ADP
>>
>>375833709
No, your right. Everyone basically started out as a hollow until they got a soul or a piece of a soul originating from the first flame.
>>
>>375856281
nothing, he tried and failed
>>
>>375856590
I always liked the headcanon that Aldia was the one who thought up of the Unkindled as a way to mass-produce the effect the crowns had on Undead, but his system was hijacked for the benefit of linking the fire. There's absolutely no way to prove it, though
>>
>>375856590
>nothing, he tried and failed
That was my impression as well, but why does everyone treat his word as gospel?
>>375856681
Why would the unkindled have anything to do with Aldia?
>>
>>375856782
They're undead who cannot hollow. That was Aldia's entire goal, was it not? To defeat Hollowing?
>>
>>375857284
I think he tried to end the undead curse altogether
>>
>>375856321
>Dark Souls 3 is not balanced.
It's far from good, but it's still miles above DaS. These games weren't designed with pvp in mind, it will always be shit, but this shit is better than that one.
> Everyone can roll for eternity
True, but on the other hand netcode and hit detection are way better so hits connect better, and there are way more weapons that can severely punish the rolls. Also blocking depletes stamina way faster.
>and invaders can estus so invasions last a long fucking time.
Yes, even Miyazaki thinks your memeshit invasions are cancer. If you really want to pvp that much, go in arenas instead of disturbing people who just want to play solo.
>PVP is broken because of this.
When you forget about your faggot invasions and look are real pvp, you can notice that there are no more OP meme builds, hyperarmor is better than poise, there are countless more builds since weapon arts make 90% of weapons unique, viable and fun to play, and arenas are better.
Invasions still work, they just nerfed the invader which is a good thing.

DaS just can't compete.
>>
>>375857284
Yes, but the game explicitly makes a point that the unkindled are brought back by the first flame to force through another linking.
They don't hollow because the first flame is "shackling" their humanity, making them a prisoner.
>>
>>375857459
>Yes, even Miyazaki thinks your memeshit invasions are cancer. If you really want to pvp that much, go in arenas instead of disturbing people who just want to play solo.
what? I'm not defending pvp let alone pvp in dark souls 3. I prefer PVE and the only time I invade is for roleplaying purposes. Idk why you're so mad.
>>
>>375855873
Enlighten me, then. The Profaned Flame defies the rules of the game's universe, yet it only serves to give some background to Yhorm and Sully. The Deep is some other variation of Dark that it's never expanded upon, like Aldrich's visions.

>>375856782
He discovers the truth of the world. Only him and Vendrick realize the true nature of humans and the curse and that both Dark and Fire are shit, but Vendrick is too busy with her batshit crazy wife. Out of everyone who pushes the Bearer of the Curse to the Throne of Want, he's the one that wants the BotC to find a way to deny fate
>>
What's normal life like in the Souls games? They always take place when shit's fucked.
I mean was there ever a time where someone could walk down the undead burg without getting sliced and diced? Did these terrible monsters always exist?
>>
>>375857609
OK my bad anon, I understood you wrong.
But my other points still stand.
>>
>>375857725
>the Profaned Flame defeats the rules of the game's universe
how

>the Deep is never explained
ayy

Here are some item descriptions to help get you started, anon. Come back if you can't piece it together yourself

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Great+Soul+Dregs
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Human+Dregs
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Great+Deep+Soul
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Deep+Gem
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Deep+Protection
>>
>>375857725
The Deep is some other variation of Dark that it's never expanded upon, like Aldrich's visions.
You have an entire game dedicated to it, it's called Bloodborne. Aldrich's vision is the painting of the little girl.

If you give her the blood, you're creating Bloodborne. Pure kino.
>>
>>375857725
>The Profaned Flame defies the rules of the game's universe, yet it only serves to give some background to Yhorm and Sully.

The Profane Flame is the chaos flame that has been cursed by several daughters of the abyss, basically making it a abyssal flame now.

>both Dark and Fire are shit
And the alternative to these is what exactly?
>>
>>375858208
Stop posting this garbage
>>
>>375858285
i have that word (you know which one) filtered but in a thread a few days ago some asshole just posted a pic with that word on it to bypass my filter. I wish that mods would make that word a bannable word. It's so fucking annoying.
>>
>>375858515
the k-word?
>>
>>375858610
kuck?
>>
File: demon-s-souls-loading-screen.jpg (332KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
demon-s-souls-loading-screen.jpg
332KB, 1920x1200px
>>375853943
I'm still mad I never got the penetrator armor
>>
>>375858285
>the blood of the dark souls
You're creating the painting with blood.
It's born from the blood.
>Bloodborne

Told you, pure kino.
>>
>>375858765
By that logic, Dark Souls is a direct sequel to demon souls.
>>
>>375858661
cino
>>
>>375853316
Bruh you don't need moss in Blighttown. Just get the rusty ring and the pyromancer outfit
>>
>>375858876
Dark Souls is the broken archstone, member the fog?
>>
>Someone powerful links the flame
>The flame fades
>Collect souls reaching the fading flame
>Kill hollow and weakened dude who linked the flame
>Get shitload o souls
>Link the flame
>Repeat

You just keep adding "mass" to every link and since hollowing fucks you up there's no risk of someone being "too powerful". The cycle of perpetual linking of the flame is possible.
>>
>>375857778
>The eccentric Lord Tseldora, known for his fascination with spiders, built a town and a personal fortune by mining brighstone.

>One day, the town was overrun by spiders, but Lord Tseldora only stood by and watched, eerily contented.

Seems like Australia, but without the emus.
>>
>>375858610
yup, >>375858910 <---this, but with a K instead of a C.
>>
>>375858998
But as seen in 3, the flame will keep getting weaker over time. Compare the explosive linking in 1 with the slow burn in 3.
>>
>>375859392
Isn't the flame weak in 3 because no one had linked it for long time?
>>
>>375818515
Honest question. Would you light yourself on fire to save the world? I'm not sure I would. I would need some serious guarantees that everyone I care about would live like kings I think, or I'd just watch the world end.
>>
>>375859635
If I knew for 100% certain the world would end if I didn't and I knew for 100% certain the world wouldn't end if I did, then yeah, I'd do it.
It'd be nice to do something good with my life in the end, instead of just being a burden.
>>
>Snuff the flames
>hold Firekeeper's Hand
>jump into the new Painted World born of Dark and Flame together
>live nice life
Explicitly the best possible ending.
>>
>>375859779
I'd probably use it as a bargaining chip to make some demands and reshape the world to my liking or just have it all end.
>>
>>375859917
I thought that the painted world was born of the dark and is destroyed by fire. The opposite of the outside world.
>>
>>375859994
I thought the purpose of Ashes was to show the Painter Lady Fire and let her use it to paint, and then the purpose of Ringed City was to give her the Dark to paint with as well, in order to create a world where they'd both end in harmony. Who knows.
>>
>>375859635
>In a world where souls, gods, undeath, magic and shenanigans exist
>Would you do the ultimate sacrifice?

Yes, of fucking course.

In real life?
Hell naw unless I'm like 70+ years.
>>
>>375859626
unless lothric was destined to link the fire as a baby, the flame wasn't neglected for too long
>>375859635
the mantle of lord interests me none
>>
>>375859994
Yeah but you have to visualize fire (but not be consumed by lust for it) in order to paint the thing properly
>>
>>375860169
Why would you do it there? I'd just have fun slaying it up for 100s of years until I got bored and went hollow.
>>
>>375860315
>real life
>hundreds of years
m8

yes I'm comparing a fantasy situation with real life aging
>>
File: Aldrich soul.jpg (73KB, 655x810px) Image search: [Google]
Aldrich soul.jpg
73KB, 655x810px
>>375818515
age of the deep sea is where its at
>>
>>375860723
Undead don't age or die. You said you would do it in dark souls land.
>>
>>375860847
I'd just get reincarnated or whatever the fuck and the world absolutely sucks balls without the flame. What are you even going to do for hundreds of years of near permanent darkness?
>>
No a similar note, does anyone tried fire fades on xbone? Is the framerate closer to slideshow or is it not worse than DaS used to be?
>>
File: 1459662878871.png (136KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
1459662878871.png
136KB, 400x266px
>>375823801
>>
>>375838323
Don't replay it. Play something else or get a job
>>
>>375841050
its a bitch of a walk but you can

there is a small tunnel above the pinwheel boss arena
>>
>>375858963
It's not too hard to miss the rusted ring, you know. Most people going through the game for the first time would probably have no clue they need to go back to the asylum for it, and even then the stray demon is the first thing they see so they probably just leave thinking they're supposed to come back later.
Not to mention the catacombs/tomb of giants problem coming up in this thread
>>
>>375861008
go swimming in the Deep, it's like being an awakened person during EVA human instrumentality, but the tang is replaced by the Deep, it's dark as fuck, and everyone but you and your fellow Dark Lords are hollows aka 99.9999999% of everyone
>>
>>375858064
So the Deep is just dense Dark formed by the incredible pressure as it sank deep into the ocean?
>>
>>375862405
Close. It's an ocean made of pure disembodied humanity sprites. This is what was meant by the game telling you that the soul dregs which comprise the Deep look like humanity sprites. Humanity, being heavy/weighty, sinks, and that humanity which is loose sinks to the "lowest depths imaginable," where is coalesces quietly as a huge ocean. Recall past descriptions of Humanity like Manus' soul, which describe it almost like a viscous fluid or a jello.

Where, exactly, "the depths of the world" are is never specified but it seems to be aquatic in nature. I've heard people say that it's sitting at the bottom of Ash Lake, but that's never confirmed. Kind of like how there occasionally exist lakes of fresh water that "sit" at the bottom of the sea, due to differences in density, the Deep is an ocean of humanity that's stagnating at the bottom of the world. I like the Ash Lake idea but there's nothing to prove it.

The Deep surfaces at the end of the age of fire, forming the Dreg Heap, because the world gets scrunched up due to the decay of spacetime. However, the sheer length of time throughout which its' been stagnating has caused rot to start to set in (kind of like the Painting, which was painted with Humanity and also started to rot). This rot manifests itself as grub monsters and shit, and there is evidence to suggest that some stray wild Humanities made it down there as well, resulting in minor Abyssal taint.

My personal interpretation about why they bothered including it as a concept is that it serves as this opposite of the First Flame. Disparity mandates that when the Fire fades, during the Age of Dark, the Darkness version of the First Flame should somehow be the opposite of a fire. And the opposite of a fire is a large body of water. In this case, not water, but Dark Soul (which makes it liquid black fire since souls are basically fire?) but you get the basic idea. It's cold and wet.
>>
File: eastbeast.png (31KB, 228x267px) Image search: [Google]
eastbeast.png
31KB, 228x267px
>>375843057
Does that mean the Eastern land is set in Nioh?
>>
>>375863234
Isn't nioh supposed to be earth though?
>>
>>375820350
I'm half convinced that this ash desert was what Aldrich was dreaming of, but misinterpreted.
>>
>>375832752
gwyn is responsible for the darksign and linking the fire is a stopgap at best

in dlc2 you are apparently teleported to the future where it seems the fire and abyss ran out of juice and all thats left is just miles and miles of ash
>>
>>375818515
End of Fire is the best ending in the series.

You resist the continued manipulation of both the Gods and Primordial Serpents, and actually get to uncover something for yourself for once. It requires passing through multiple Illusory Walls and completing a ""hidden"" area, and is a profound betrayal to all other involved parties. That's good, it's resisting the decaying binary cycle and finally committing to something new.

Lord of Hollows is the Kuei Jin ending of DKS3. If you actually think Yuria is truthful with you one bit you're delusional.
>>
>>375857725
the Profaned Flame is half-and-half Abyssal fire, and Chaos fire. During the age of fire, the "light" Chaos fire burns. During the age of dark, the "dark" Abyssal fire burns. Hence it never goes out, since at least part of it is always working.
>>
>>375838228
no
>>
>>375864146
the Dark is just getting started senpai, you even see twilight start to roll in during your fight with Gael because of how weak the first flame is.
>>
>>375841090
>>375841090
If so, doesn't this mean literally all the base game endings are invalidated since they lead to the same thing?

they always led to the same place

linking the fire was always just a way to buy time
>>
>>375864175
>end of fire is something new
ushering in an age of dark is not a new idea, anon, if anything it's the Lord of Hollows end that is the OC
>>
>>375844657
>>375844913
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FZiAi9LDIs
>>
>>375865740
>45 minutes long
maybe some other time
>>
>>375865063
End of fire is not just an age of dark. There's still embers in the distance, it's just not bound to a monolithic First Flame any more.

If the world of Dark souls is ever going to advance beyond the decaying mid-fantasy settnf, it's going to be through the End of Fire where the cycle is broken-for better or worse.
>>
File: aldrich.png (538KB, 642x792px) Image search: [Google]
aldrich.png
538KB, 642x792px
>>375865872
basically the deep was a sacred place that became a landfill for fucked up shit
>>
>>375866109
>End of fire is not just an age of dark. There's still embers in the distance
But that IS what the Age of Dark is, you goof. The flames fade, and darkness settles in. Hence the name Age of Dark, or equivalently World Without Fire. One day, the embers of the faded flame rekindle and the flame becomes healthy once more, burning away the Dark and ushering a new, healthy world. It's the inverse process of the flames fading to give way to the Dark.

The First Flame never dies, only fades and strengthens. The "cycle" as we know it was an unbroken chain of firelinking to prevent the Darkness from ever settling in, since this would spell the death of all civilization as we know it. Virtually no traces would remain in the worlds to come.
>>
>>375855076
seemed pretty chill during the age of ancients
Thread posts: 448
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.