[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Before Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson was a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 538
Thread images: 82

File: go outside.jpg (109KB, 762x718px) Image search: [Google]
go outside.jpg
109KB, 762x718px
>Before Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson was a household name in Wisconsin, he was the middle child of three, growing up in a tiny town in Kansas, trying to get through the list of farm chores as quickly as possible so he could play four sports year-round in high school.
>I used to go speak at schools for the Wisconsin Dairy Association, for a program trying to get kids to be active and eat healthy, and the first thing I’d ask was: How many of you play video games? And all the kids would get all excited and raise their hands. And I say … that is the incorrect answer.
>Get off the video games and go play outside.
>I did not have video games. Ever. I grew up on a farm, so we were either working – or playing outside. Any sport.
>The problem with kids these days is that so many are out of shape and socially unhinged because all they do is sit at home playing video games and surfing the web. Instead of spending time with friends, getting a girlfriend, playing sports, and whatnot they are slowly killing themselves with their addiction.

Is he, dare I say it, right?
>>
Yes he is
>>
>>375802549

He is right. Video games ruined my life. I have no friends, no gf, and I'm fat. The government should ban video games and make kids play outside. Bring back conscription and make everyone serve in the military or do a few years of civil service
>>
>>375802549
Who's this faggot ?
>>
>not doing both
>only able to manage one hobby and social circle
Who the fuck is this pleb
>>
>>375802549
>go outside
what did he mean by this? what do I do once I'm outside?? wtf
>>
I grew up playing outside a lot.

Kinda got a point.
>>
>>375802549
Kek. This guys is wrong and he's too stupid to even know why he's wrong.
>>
>>375802549

>growing up in a tiny town in Kansas

Rural America is trash. Fuck, the rural parts of every country I've been to have always been backwards shitholes scared of the big city, technology, and different people. If they want to be backwards faggots, that's fine but don't force your retardedness on others
>>
He's right
>>
>>375802671
Losers existed before videogames existed, my man.

If you weren't a videogame addict then you would be sitting on the couch watching TV all day, and if TV didn't exist you would be reading fantasy novels or something.
>>
So, is this guy an academic or a jock? Hmm.
>>
>>375802549
He is right but (((they))) would have you believe otherwise.
>>
What if playing games gets you a girlfriend?
>>
>>375802549
Here's something crazy, you can play video games and be /fit/ too.
>>
Literally who
>>
>>375802549
He is partly right, but I think a lot of food companies (note he speaks on behalf of the Wisconsin Dairy Association) are putting the blame for widespread obesity on a lack of exercise when in reality over-consumption of unhealthy food is the main cause.

Notably, school cafeterias across the country serve horribly unhealthy pizza with cheese sourced from Wisconsin.
>>
>>375802696

Super Bowl winning tight end on the Greenbay Packers so show some respect and go outside
>>
File: ?.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
?.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>makes a career out of playing a game for little children (kicking a ball around)

>literally is a professional manchild

>complaining that other people have dumb hobbies
>>
>>375802941
I already do you queer, read some more fucking books and get better comprehension. Jesus.
>>
I wonder if he ever has arguments with Blake Martinez about this. Considering they both play for the Packers and Martinez streams Dota in his spare time.
>>
>>375802935
Yeah I can freely admit to being very addicted to games, but I'm not fat.
>>
>>375802549
>Put down the video game
>Go outside
>Get mugged
Not all of us got to be quaint little rural farm boys in a peaceful corner of the country.
>>
>American "sports"
>>
>>375802549
Alcohol, weed, caffeine, laying down, and entertainment are all enabling devices of the shitty.
The shitty will exist whether or not most of this shit exists.
>>
>>375803081
>Kansas
>Corner

I know it's a turn of phrase, but I would say Kansas is more like a pit or hole in the country, at least as far as education and culture goes. I agree with you otherwise though
>>
>>375802549
He sounds like a huge fag DESU. Who the fuck wants to play outside all the time.
>>
>>375802549
Who?
>go outside, be normal and work yourself to death while some succubus sucks out your will to live
How about no? Damn fuccbois...
>>
>>375803108

Fuck off europoor
>>
>>375803137
>laying down

I'm not sure I understand... are you saying that nonshitty people don't lay down? Should we ban laying down? Is laying down leading to the downfall of modern civilization?
>>
>>375803239
someone who plays outside all the time probably
>>
sports are like video games for people without brains
>>
>>375802549

in an alternate time line jordy nelson doesnt make the cut in the jump from highschool to college level, assuming he gets a scholarship at all, or he cant hack it at nfl level after getting drafted, assuming he gets drafted at all.

jordy, seeing his dreams shattered and his job prospects at zero, goes into a deep depression. while he was at college all his hillbilly friends got shitty jobs and pregnant GFs so he has no support network when he returns home, his friends being too busy dealing with the harsh reality of real life, as opposed to the life of a millionaire playboy athlete which he thought he was destined for.

Jordy becomes increasingly isolated and morose and eventually it comes as a surprise to no one, but a shock nonetheless to his family when they find him swinging from the rafters of his barn with a thick rope around his neck and stool knocked over on the floor nearby.

a suicide note found on a table in the barn reads i wish i played more videogames

the moral of the story is, not everyone can be an even decent sportsman, much less an elite level NFL wide receiver. Jordy should shut the fuck up and stop judging other people for how they spend their spare time, as if he was some kind of authority because hes some upjumped hillbilly who can run fast and catch good
>>
>>375803264
> Is laying down leading to the downfall of modern civilization?
You know the answer.
>>
>>375803264
the romans spent all day laying around and look what happened to them
>>
>>375803327
Thanks anon. I'll never lay down again. From now on it's sleeping standing up for me.
>>
>>375803264
way to not understand any of it.
is english your second language? i would forgive you.
essentially your argument is the point of my post.
>>
File: 1477910467217.jpg (102KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
1477910467217.jpg
102KB, 450x443px
>lmao just go outside play sum SPORTS and get a GF

no wonder he plays for green bay

hes a massive faggot
>>
>>375803229

>that time they elected an Ayn Rand worshipping retard as governor that cut taxes so much the government can barely operate, the companies didn't reinvest the money saved, their economy tanked so bad the governor shut down the economic reporting department to try and hide the mess

I say we give Kansas back to the native Americans
>>
>>375803387
"laying down is an enabling device of the shitty"

that makes no sense
>>
>>375803445
Kansas is Monsanto clay.
>>
>>375803485
being a lazy fuck and sitting on your ass all day isnt a thing?
shit boi
>>
>>375803436
This is actually INSANELY bad advice if you consider how unlikely it is to get a career in football.

These days you're more likely to make a living streaming videogame play online than as a pro football player.
>>
>>375802941
has he served in the military and fought for my freedums and the jews

if not he deserves no respect
>>
>>375802549
Socially unhinged, he says. I'll show you socially unhinged, faggot, say that to my face and not online and see what happens.
>>
>Comparing a farm household to a city or suburban household.
Gee, I wonder why one household does significantly more work than the other.

>He can go out on his 4x4 and blaze his own trail, or ride a horse around the countryside, or spend a week building a few BMX jumps in his backyard.
Suburban kids can go to the park, I guess. If it's not too far away.
>>
File: 442665.jpg (32KB, 480x456px) Image search: [Google]
442665.jpg
32KB, 480x456px
He's retarded as a rock.

Not that he's fundamentally wrong but the way he's seeing things, saying things, and viewing things is stupid and pointless.

Things aren't as easy as "j-just go outside lol", many factors come into play and sometimes situations are quite complex and should be dealt with accordingly.

Over-simplification of someone else life is always the hallmark of stupidity, lack of knowledge and lack of insight. Like "just bee urself" or "just don't be depressed". Things like that.
>>
>>375802549
That's great.

When his suicide from brain trauma caused by taking one too many tackles incorrectly?
>>
>>375803579
>Suburban kids can go to the park, I guess. If it's not too far away.
Just make sure you're back by curfew goy!
>>
>>375803606
>just don't be depressed
Good advice 2bh
>>
>>375802549
you cant sitt on your ass all day and play games. you should do something else may it be with friends outside, play as sport or getting some other activity going on.

i bet its even worse now than when i was a kid now that the internet and video games being so mainstrem.
>>
>>375802941
He's a receiver, not a tight end.
>>
>>375803650
It IS 100% a self inflicted problem
>>
>>375802549
He has some points, but it isn't good for the kid to cut off the videogames completely. It's unironically 2017, times have changed
>>
>>375803259
Well of course American leagues are worth the most, you have a population of 300+ million and 50 states.
These comparisons don't really mean anything.
>>
He's right that all things require some moderation, but not everybody was brought up in a rural hicktown with nothing better to do.

He's being a colossal fag by comparing his ideal upbringing to people less fortunate and then saying it's their fault.
>>
File: 1378661445123.jpg (47KB, 400x588px) Image search: [Google]
1378661445123.jpg
47KB, 400x588px
Roughly what percentage of /v/ posters legitimately suffer from neurological and/or severe social disorders
>>
>>375803690
Are you niggers still talking about football or is this some code for gay shit?
>>
>>375803259
>Premier League bigger than La Liga
Jajaja!
>>
File: 1491932643295.jpg (30KB, 539x552px) Image search: [Google]
1491932643295.jpg
30KB, 539x552px
>It's another "Dude just live the life I lived as a kid" episode.

Yeah that tactic always works great.

Don't get me wrong he's right about exercise but the "back in my day-" shit literally never ever works, you have to find new ways that works for society today.
>>
>>375803759
With Green Bay, it's both. Their quarterback is a secret fag.
>>
Trying to play sports professionally is a trap. You spend your whole life funneling yourself into one career with a horrifically small chance of being picked up by any serious team and if you ever break a bone that sidelines you for too long you'll have your entire life undone in that one second.

Meanwhile some fuck on YouTube streams themselves fake-screaming at video games and makes money for it.
>>
>>375803650
>>375803693
i wish people gave better advice for depression

i used to be stuck in a rut for a while and never thought i could escape. but thankfully i read the gorilla mindset and learned to cope.

it all starts with yourself and how you treat yourself
>>
>>375802671
I've been playing video games since I'm 7 and I'm healthy, have a steady group of friends and a relationship about to hit 5 years.
Don't blame other people for your problems.
>>
>>375803739

a very small number i think. its a way of fitting in. lets all pretend to be socially awkward retards that get super angry over video game sales figures and other stupid shit that no one actually cares about or likes
>>
File: 1467715397391s.jpg (2KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
1467715397391s.jpg
2KB, 125x124px
>Slowly killing themselves

as opposed to quickly killing themselves with brain damage?
>>
>Stop playing video games
>Start playing ball games

He isn't right, because not everybody is the same. If not for video games, I would have grown up to be some socially inept fuck that had absolutely zero contact with anybody outside of school. If anything I'd end up just reading books, or comics all day. Because we moved every 1-2 years, I was always the new kid that nobody gave a shit about, and my dad also hated me and took all his frustration and shit out on me, thus why I just spent all of my time in my room.

So, sure, Jordy, your advice works, for some kids. Not all. Shit isn't so fucking black and white. I got to communicate with others because of online games, where I wouldn't have at all.
>>
>>375802549
I got a gf and now I got syphillis. Not even kidding.
I have a huge rash in my groin area, its fucking disgusting and the doctor tells me there's nothing he can really do to make it go away.
>>
There are a lot of professional athletes that play video games.
>>
>>375803739
probably around 5% have legitimate disorders

95% of them are just fucking idiots
>>
File: 1493735806424.jpg (13KB, 345x410px) Image search: [Google]
1493735806424.jpg
13KB, 345x410px
>>375803650
It's a shitty advice, and again, the hallmark sign of lack of knowledge on the matter of the retard spouting it. Hence why teenagers, dudebros and rednecks are usually the ones throwing it around like shurikens.

There's ways to fight depression, but "not being depressed" is as useful as saying "just don't have cancer" to someone with a terminal astrocytoma.
>>
>>375802549
He is right, however you can do both. The difference is many children are not taught that video games can lead to addiction, and they're often used to placate and distract a child by the parent or the parent doesn't realize that addiction can happen. Truthfully video games are a great source of fun, but those who do not understand moderation are often turned into dysfunctional, socially awkward, and underachieving individuals. At least teach children the ability to be self aware their hobby is a potential addiction.
>>
>>375803815
its different for everyone bby
i cured mine by not giving a fuck and things started working out really fucking well.
>>
>>375802671
There's conscription in my country (Finland) but neets are still an epidemic here and our women are forced to get into relationships with foreigners as our own men are too shy.
>>
Old people really do not understand that society has massively changed since they were a kid.
>>
>>375802549
>or playing outside. Any sport.

Fuck this. Go outside, but learn to appreciate and enjoy the beauties of nature. Do good things in your community. Meet people and have new experiences. Read books. Absorb information. Better yourself and become smarter.

Retards who say "go outside and do sports" are so limited in their thinking that anything outside of their little bubble of "work, friends, sports" is foreign and scary.
>>
>>375803845
Got him.
>>
>>375803874
Which one are you?
>>
>>375803845
NFL is slowly banning anything and everything that can cause those. Can't tackle a certain way, can't run a certain way, don't celebrate in the end zone, don't go home and beat your wife, don't have unlicensed firearms, etc, etc. It's all bullshit.
>>
>>375803862
Syphilis is very treatable.
>>
>>375803693
No.
>>
>>375803876
>just don't have cancer
Sounds like a plan to me
>>
>>375803943
Yes ;)
>>
>>375803910
just a fucking idiot like the rest of you.
>>
>>375803876
No real point in life insurance even existing to be honest. Just don't die. How has the coffin industry not collapsed yet?
>>
>>375802549
>le go outside so we can put you on the dung bottom of the social ladder where you belong
Normies are mad that people aren't playing into their scam anymore. After I realized that the only thing wrong with me was how much I hated normalfags, I've been much more confident, healthier, and even made friends with fellow spergs
>>
>>375803730
>Ideal upbringing
>Less fortunate
Farm towns and people in small towns are poor as shit.

T. Someone who grew up similarly to Jordy Nelson.

Growing up in a rich coastal town offers a lot more opportunities and when you reach working age you can get a job and possibly move out. Small towns generally don't have a lot of job options and if you don't work for/on a family run farm you're sol. Not to mention nearest city with jobs is like 30 miles away, so you need a car to get a job, but you need a job to get a car.
>>
>>375802549
Hitler didn't have video games, neither did the zodiac killer, i'm not trying to draw conclusions, I'm just sayin'
>>
> I ain't never had nonna dem vidyer games
Thanks for your input Billy Bob.
>>
>>375803989
you're smart anon! you can do it!
>>
if this bothers you, games are a problem for you.
>>
>>375803796

Aaron Rodgers is not gay you meme spouting fuck
>>
File: 1469587261147.png (68KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1469587261147.png
68KB, 300x300px
>>375802549
Playing outside or playing sports is fucking boring though
>>
>>375803926
Is NFL the new AGDQ?
>>
>>375804025
Hitler is objectively known by more people than Jordy Nelson and will be for a long, long time.

Sounds like Jordy here is the one fucking up.
>>
>>375803876
>astrocytoma.

space cancer?
>>
>>375803901
I agree there are plenty of other ways to do so, but playing sports is one of the easiest ways to experience and grow your social behavior. You can obviously do other activities but sports often leads to friendships, romantic relationships or flirtations, and the experience of how to behave in a "normal" manner.

t. previous jock
>>
>>375802549
>Did my time in the military and passed with flying colours because I was in shape
>all my spare time that didn't go into a 3-times-a-week sport hobby was spent either reading sci-fi novels or playing vidya games
>now have a moderately paying 9-to-5 job that allows me to shitpost on 4chan while waiting for tasks to come up

Now if I wanted to be a professional actress like this Jordy Niggerson guy, bawling my eyes out the second someones foot comes within 5 inches of my leg, I'd follow his advice.
>>
>>375804068
i agree dumb yume nikki poster being a RAGING homosexual like you is much more entertaining
>>
>>375803739
Most of them. Look at the fucking apoplexy induced just by being told to go outside. Fucking hell.

Posted from my iPhone
>>
>>375802549
I think if I wasn't addicted to video games I would just spend more money on alcohol and girls.
>>
>>375802549
It is easy for him to say this since he lives in a White state and isn't overrrun with illegal aliens.

Telling someone to step outside in California is suicide since the state is overrun with niggers, spics, sandniggers, yellow niggers, kikes, illegals, gangs such as MS 13, libcucks, mentally ill "its" such as the lgbt, antifa, and has the biggest welfare state in the entire union that it might as well be a completely different country.
>>
>>375802549
I wouldn't outright reject his reasoning. He's speaking about video game addiction and its usage as an unhealthy form of escapism as your real life problems stack up.

Playing vidya as a form of social bond between friends may help regulate the time spent into this activity.
>>
>>375804124
Yeah, you kick that ball with your straight lads so you can have a sweaty shower with them
>>
>>375804065

This man is right, Aaron Rogers really really likes women.
>>
>>375804197
dont be too jealous anon
>>
>>375804191
Everything can become an addiction if you have no self-control. His message might as well boil down to "just take everything in moderation, except thing I don't like, don't do that at all"
>>
>>375804197
i'd rather have a sweaty shower with you~
>>
>>375804227
Thanks, Lori.
>>
File: 1493086844916.jpg (178KB, 900x578px) Image search: [Google]
1493086844916.jpg
178KB, 900x578px
And what if I don't care for sports and that kind of stuff? Why would I spend my time doing things Jordy Nelson enjoys instead of what I enjoy?
>>
>>375802549
>>Is he, dare I say it, right?

kind of
>>
>>375804145
You paint a grisly picture. When I was growing up in a small town here in WI, we played outside during summer vacation til 10 pm. I take it that wouldn't work out for you in California?
>>
>>375804227
kek
>>
>>375803315
Damn son. You speak truth.

Jordy got REKT.
>>
>>375803315
>This wall of bull shit

Sadly your story is fiction and he's real.
>>
File: 9446929.jpg (61KB, 807x605px) Image search: [Google]
9446929.jpg
61KB, 807x605px
>>375802549

The sports industry is buttblasted they have to compete against vidya
>>
>>375802549
>>375802671

I play video games, have an expensive gaming PC, all the consoles, I also watch a shit ton of anime and spend my time archiving anime, manga and hentai as well as hording video games and mods and collecting nude mods for video games.

Yet I am also fit since I regularly visit the gym as well as go running and I have a hot gf and am socially confident, I also have money. In fact I am gonna go visit my gf tonight and will probably be giving her the d in just a few hours time.

Video games aren't to blame for your failure. You are just born a genetic failure, you are just trying to take the blame off yourself and say that games did it.
>>
>>375802671
>He is right. Video games ruined my life. I have no friends, no gf, and I'm fat. The government should ban video games and make kids play outside. Bring back conscription and make everyone serve in the military or do a few years of civil service

Isnt it good to have something to blame all your failures on? How about you take some responsibility my dude
>>
>>375804354
Prove he's real. You ever meet him? Spoken to him in person? How do you know he's real and not a highly realistic projected image?
>>
>>375804339
Fat
>>
>>375804281
I didn't like sports as a kid either but I played outside a ton anyway. There's lots of games we played outside during the summer vacation.
>>
maybe we should stop playing videogames and play american football instead inject ourselves with drugs and play the proven sport to cause the most long term injuries around, but hey meathead mac runballs says its good for us so lets do it.
>>
>>375804281
this honestly

its just a case of somebody not understanding why people like something they don't like

I never liked sports, but i can understand that people do like them, i don't go around telling kids to quit playing sports because they >will< get hurt
Now, keeping your body in shape is entirely different, everybody should stay in shape regardless of what you enjoy.
>>
>>375804396
How do I even know you're real and you're not a bot?
>>
File: 1481706082292.jpg (75KB, 521x476px) Image search: [Google]
1481706082292.jpg
75KB, 521x476px
>>375804268
A-anon, I wouldn't m-mind...
>>
>>375804450
Yes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNmCm4oyrkY
>>
>>375804421
Fat
>>
>>375803650
>just don't have cancer
>just don't live in africa
>just don't get murdered
>>
>>375802671

>He is right. Music ruined my life. I have no friends, no gf, and I'm fat. The government should ban music and make kids play outside. Bring back conscription and make everyone serve in the military or do a few years of civil service
>>
>>375804450
I like ice cream!
>>
>>375802549
>the last time the Packers were at the Superb Owl was 7 years ago

Try playing Madden, maybe you'll get there again.
>>
File: 1488662284693.jpg (450KB, 741x786px) Image search: [Google]
1488662284693.jpg
450KB, 741x786px
>>375802549
Or maybe just enjoy those things in moderation? You dont need to cut kids off entirely from vidya and pizza to keep them healthy, you just need to make sure that's not the only things they're partaking of.
>>
>>375804313

No, it's fine. Of course every place has some shitty areas but crime keeps falling. It's really annoying seeing the paranoid loons thinking the country is some Mad Max hellscape
>>
>>375804313
California is completely different from the rest of the state and not just culturally. The people in SoCali are completely degenerate and the demo graph so different that you hardly run into a White person and if you do it is 100% a hippie/libcuck.
>>
>>375804450
you're a bot not me
>>
>>375804461
You two fags keep going while I enjoy the show
>>
>>375804541
661 valencia
>>
>>375804532
>>375804541
I'm getting mixed messages.
>>
>>375804549
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT A BOT WOULD SAY
>>
>>375804409
Keep thinking that you pea-brained mongrel. You'll never know the joy that is being me.
>>
>>375804479
All good advice
>>
>>375803890
How can there be so many neets? Doesn't the brief time in the military give them any confidence or skills?

How does your government handle handouts?
>>
File: file.png (422KB, 594x409px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
422KB, 594x409px
Most NFL players chillout and play vidya.

I actually played with Arian Foster in Madden once. He was really chill and said he loved Final Fantasy. He even plays 8 hour marathons when time permits.
>>
>>375804624
i didn't say that
>>
>>375804461
actually gonna go to bed but ill jack off to the idea before i pass out

love ya
>>
>>375804637
Fat
>>
>>375804617
California is such a hell they recently came out of a 6 year drought. God will not even bring water to these savages, that is how much he wants them to die.
>>
>>375804617

Cali is the richest state in the Union and the 10th largest economy in the world. Do you think that would be possible without a functional society?
>>
I'm sure that if I didn't have videogames I would have found another way to be a useless piece of shit anyways.
>>
File: Hyper-Light-Drifter-1.jpg (144KB, 700x912px) Image search: [Google]
Hyper-Light-Drifter-1.jpg
144KB, 700x912px
>played outside during the day
>played video games at night

best of both worlds
>>
File: 1402723979502.png (832KB, 1919x917px) Image search: [Google]
1402723979502.png
832KB, 1919x917px
>I like to play sports
>Everyone should play sports
>Don't do anything I don't do
>You weren't born as me you should kill yourself
>>
File: hello darkness my old friend.jpg (42KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness my old friend.jpg
42KB, 766x960px
>>375804541
>tfw I live in SoCal
These fucking people will be the death of me.
>>
>>375804227
bet he really really likes dressing up as a women too
>>
>Dude fuck off im rich banging 10/10s every day and have more friends than this board posters.
>spends free time on vietnamise baking forum talking about hobbies for little kids
Every time
>>
>>375804795
>No sleep ever

And look at you now, mr. skelleton
>>
File: 1493556616116.png (1MB, 1920x859px) Image search: [Google]
1493556616116.png
1MB, 1920x859px
>>375802549
>The problem with kids these days is that so many are out of shape and socially unhinged because all they do is sit at home playing video games and surfing the web

Or their parents have no concept of calories and portion sizes fit for human consumption. It's all 'ur a growing boy! u need some meat on ya' or 'its just baby fat you'll grow out of it'
As for socially unhinged, thats only problematic for extroverts. People like me that have never once felt lonely and can only guess at the concept, social gatherings are draining and pointless.
>>
>>375804745
>>375804748
You're all fucking with me
>>
File: 1489049963469.jpg (72KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489049963469.jpg
72KB, 720x960px
>Pro athletes giving life advice.

You literally exist to provide entertainment to people sitting on their ass, not to mention you'll fill kids with empty dreams of having a sports career when they should focus on their education.

A carpenter is a much more productive member of society than you are.
>>
>>375804874
The drought thing is true. Look it up, 2011 to 2017. The weather itself wants that state to leave.
>>
>>375802549
>never had video games
>WAAAH YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY EITHER
this is this manchild's entire "argument"
>>
File: o.jpg (33KB, 331x250px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
33KB, 331x250px
>>375804716
Sweet dreams, Anon~
>>
>>375802549
He's absolutely right. Video games are a far too effective break from reality - I have no doubt a large amount of people are psychologically addicted.

I wish I'd spent less time hiding from the world behind a computer screen in my youth, that's for sure.
>>
Mistaking symptom for cause.

Not that video games make things better so to speak but you can't really blame them for all society's ills. Plus the media loves it's "why can't men just man up" stories.
>>
>>375803712
Soccer is a world wide sport
>>
>>375802941
>superbowl
>american handegg sport
fuck off.
>>
>>375804884
A carpenter also won't go out of his way to tell you what to do like a pretentious faggot
>>
>>375802549
>Wisconsin Dairy Association, for a program trying to get kids to be active and eat healthy

hmmmm
>>
>>375804998
>>375805026
>muh flopball
>>
>>375804354

but how many washed up, burned out 23 year olds are there out there for every jordy nelson like success story? hundreds? thousands? guys who spent their entire time in school or college chasing a dream of being a professional sportsman only to have it end in a dead end with nothing to fall back on

the point is telling people "dont play video games, just bale hay and wrassle hogs when you a boy and den be a starting wide receiver for the packer when you grow up" is retarded and shows a complete lack of insight, empathy and general intelligence
>>
>>375803876
Except you can detect cancer using a multitude of tests, to prove that it is a physical manifestation.
There's no test that can prove """"depression"""" is anything more than psychosomatic.
>>
>>375804748
Riches my ass. They are one of the biggest states that relies on federal money. How do you think a libcuck state like that would be possible to functional in society?

>>375804617
Cali is a shit state. Starting a business there is impossible since it has one of the highest taxes and businesses are moving away.

This is at UC Berkeley California. The suppose birth of the free speech movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi_vX0tknJM

>>375804819
Well hopefully Calexit happens and then you'll have Jefferson at least.
>>
Something I've noticed from myself in the past and other people is that any criticism of time spent playing video games, any suggestion that time could have been better spent, is met with hostility of some sort.
>>
>>375803259
>watching sports for the money instead of the game itself.
fuck off retard
>>
alright i went outside where's my girlfiend
>>
>>375804927
I know about that, actually. The state does rely on snow pack from the mountains and the climate may be changing and becoming dryer and warmer in years to come. Naturally this is a problem for them and our nation because arable land in California relies on that rainfall and if trends continue it could be detrimental in the long run. Worse for the state's residents for consuming water. But they do grow a not insignificant portion of this nation's produce.
>>
>>375804884
>>375805065
Pretty sure most athletes have dontated to charity and had fun raisers that actually help fight disease and poverty.

What have you done?
>>
>>375805113
Nothing better than watching the game stop every five seconds because some faggot wants to pretend somebody on the other team hit him so now he's laying on the grass clutching his leg.

Soccer shouldn't even be a sport, it's fucking theater.
>>
>>375804657
>Doesn't the brief time in the military give them any confidence or skills?
Turns out that you don't need a lack of confidence or skills to be NEET, many NEETs are rather social and still hang out with their school or army friends, they simply refuse to get a job or go to university.

>How does your government handle handouts?
That's the problem, you get enough money to live for doing nothing. They may ask you to look for a job but you can always send out random poorly-filled CVs and if you get called by some sort of miracle you can show up unshowered and pretend to be retarded.
>>
File: FedAidtoStates.png (527KB, 2708x2420px) Image search: [Google]
FedAidtoStates.png
527KB, 2708x2420px
>>375804874
He's just a mad flyover. The drought is over as our reservoirs are filled once again. Illegals are getting deported by the truckload. Our tech industry shows no signs of slowing down. Our niggers are leaving eastwards due to not being able to afford living here. We still have a shitload of spics though. But that's the price you have to pay for being the best state.

>>375805107
Actually farmer Cletus, California is one of the states that relies least on federal aid and pays the most taxes. So next time you grow your corn, remember that the only reason you get to make a living is because we provide subsidies and financial aid to your inbred shithole. Even with all the retarded sjw's and dumb ass mexicans we still manage to be the richest state. Now hand over your water as an apology.
>>
>>375805201
>donated to charity

Now look up how much money actually makes it from the charity to the thing they're supposed to be helping.

Might as well give the money to a bum and say you're helping the homeless right before they go and buy more booze with it.
>>
>>375804982
I do hide on videogames, always did, they're mental work and I like that more than anything, but that mental work could have been actual work in something else.

Videogames aren't the cause but certainly don't help either young ones. It's like alcohol; even if you do ban it, misery and depression will still exist.

I know that if I hadn't videogames I would have gone bananas, apeshit many years ago anyways. Maybe going all out and angry at some things in life would force change, maybe it would make you only more miserable.

Who knows anyways today. You and me have our life done behind and we got whatever we decide in front of us.
>>
>>375805201
Green Bay Packers are city owned. Most proceeds on ticket and merchandise sales are donated to local hospitals and homeless shelters. The NEW shelter in particular is very nice.
>>
>>375803315
>playing vido games and escaping in to fantasy is as valuable an activity as getting exercise in the real world

Look, you can play video games if you want and there's some truth to tell idea that different people find happiness through different means but don't delude yourself.
>>
>>375804657
>Doesn't the brief time in the military give them any confidence or skills?

No. You're really only forced to socialize with people during certain periods of time.

Boot camp, and whatever your military calls their advanced training.

After that (especially in the US) it can literally become a 9-5 job where you come in, do your your job, go home. There are plenty of people who only talk their co workers when they are forced to.

The idea that the military will make people social butterflies is a meme
>>
>>375805235

nice percentages

what about absolute numbers?
>>
>>375805089
I was only saying that soccer makes more money than american football

300 million Americans < Billions of soccer fans around the world
>>
>>375802848
I have to agree with you. This guy not only won the football lottery by making it to a pro team, he did it from the middle of fucktown Wisconsin.

Kids should definitely go outside more, but in this day and age, they're really not allowed to really do anything once they're out there. Not only are you now told to watch out for EVERYHING as kids, you're not even allowed to just walk to a friends house to play or ride bikes with because someone's parents are afraid of some random creep luring you into their van or some shit.

Kids are fucked in this era, not because of technology or entertainment, but stupid parents.
>>
>>375805235
Doesn't LA have one of the largest crime rates in the country? Also stop talking about California like you mean the whole state, you just mean LA, San Diego, and San Fran. I've been to the non-megacity parts of California and they're just as "flyover" as the rest of the country.
>>
>>375805214
Nothing better than watching the game stop every five seconds to watch a Denny's commercial
>>
>>375805330
Can you really count it as billions when so many of them don't have money to spend? Brazilians, Africans, etc.
>>
>>375803926
Since when is NFL no fun allowed? What caused these changes in rules? It's still as popular as it ever was, what are they hoping to accomplish by this?
>>
>>375805235
I happen to be a "flyover" as well you know.
>>
>>375802549
In 10 years he's going to be a fat ex-athlete that no one cares about.
>>
>>375805090
>the point is telling people "dont play video games, just bale hay and wrassle hogs when you a boy and den be a starting wide receiver for the packer when you grow up" is retarded and shows a complete lack of insight, empathy and general intelligence

I kinda agree, it's like blaming alcohol for everything that may be wrong in the world.

We all know that all the wrong in the world is ignorance and lack of empathy first.
>>
>>375805397
>Since when is NFL no fun allowed?
Past couple of years.
>What caused these changes in rules?
People kept dying and making the NFL look bad when their brains came back all fucked up. Doesn't help when the choice of death is suicide or murder+suicide.
>>
>>375805434
Like Brett favre. Oh wait.
>>
>>375805235

I love, bro. Moved from LA to Austin Texas as a kid and now Austin and most of the surrounding area is Cali 2.0 and new colonists come to Texas each year
>>
>>375805214
>wanting to watch 'dude bruh' the sport.
no, thanks anon.
>>
File: 1370723161949.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1370723161949.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>go outside
>everyone is glued to their phone talking to their clique of friends over the wifi
>go back play videogames
>>
I don't think he's talking about success.. obviously as an intelligent individual he realizes that his success is literally sub 1%.

He's just talking about physical health and socializing.
>>
>>375805324
I thought you had to live in a barracks if you were rostered on and Officer's were allowed to go off-base.
>>
>>375803039
the only interesting thing out of this stupid thread
>>
>>375803606
>implying getting out of the house and getting exercise doesn't go a long way to helping with depression
Stop making excuses.
>>
File: 2987025203_fc2c517522_o.jpg (176KB, 800x588px) Image search: [Google]
2987025203_fc2c517522_o.jpg
176KB, 800x588px
>>375805329
Absolute numbers won't change anything. All the welfare provided comes from the state, unlike dumb rednecks who have to mooch off the governemnt.

>>375805334
LA is the worst part of the state, and not representative of Cali. Besides believe it or not, there's a lot of great place in LA, as it's a huge city.
>Also stop talking about California like you mean the whole state, you just mean LA, San Diego, and San Fran.
nah pham, population density is a huge thing here. 90% of the people live in cities, and 10% in rural areas. So, the whole state is basically LA, San Diego, and San Fran.

>>375805474
Great, have lots of kids and tell your relatives to move to Texas as well. The Californian colonization of the US goes well.
>>
>>375805201
We're gonna ignore all those "donate pls" videos where there's an athlete, an actor or generally a celebrity yelling you to donate when they could just do it themselves since they swim in money
But nooo, just because im not famous I'm the only one supposed to donate, even if I have less money than you
Fuck off
>>
I'll man up when women woman up.
>>
File: 93409.1420011980.png (527KB, 454x461px) Image search: [Google]
93409.1420011980.png
527KB, 454x461px
based our guy jordie telling shut in gigaNEETs how it is

you have mental and physical diseases and are doing life wrong
>>
>>375802549
>I don't know what moderation is
>>
I'm a 29 years old morbidly obese loser but i know better than to blame fucking video games.
It's all my fault and i accept my fate.
>>
Such bullshit,

I grew up going outside and playing with friends, but I played videogames as well. As I grew up, I didn't really like sports and that shit so I just played games, but I still spent time with friends and I now have a gf. So his argument is bullshit, life is all about having a balance.
>>
No one who earns a living by playing a sport should give people advice on how to live their lives.

All this faggot did was get lucky when there are millions of other athletes who may be better than him. Out of millions of people only a couple ever make to the professionals and its sometimes just by being in the right place at the right time.
>>
Florida > Texas > New York > California
>>
>>375805580
>It's all my fault
> i accept my fate.
makes you think
>>
>>375805538
>nah pham, population density is a huge thing here. 90% of the people live in cities, and 10% in rural areas. So, the whole state is basically LA, San Diego, and San Fran.

So you literally just restated what I said. LA, SF, and SD all sacrificed the rest of their state for themselves. Not that it surprises me.
>>
>>375802549
>getting a girlfriend
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>375805496
>when the anime faggot is actually right
>>
>>375805585
Its like a powerball winner telling people, "hey, all ya gotta do is eat red meat and sell real estate, you'll live forever and get all the chicks".
>>
>>375805523
Depends on MANY things.

In the US, you only really have to live in the barracks for boot camp and advanced training (Less than one year for most people). But even then, once you're out of boot camp (8-10 weeks) you'll most likely have your own room with a shared common space, so where is the forced socializing?

Also if you're in some nerd field, like intelligence or comms or IT,.. do you really think A type jock personalities go into this field? So you're already having a field with more introverted people.
And once you reach a certain rank (Typically E3-E5, depends on several different things) you can live off base.

I only speak for the US military.
>>
Once you realize its all about getting money and living comfortably all this advice from whosoever is just meme tier.
>>
>>375802549
>Instead of spending time with friends, getting a girlfriend, playing sports, and whatnot
But I didn't and don't like any of those things.
>>
>>375805374
It piles up and not every place is Brazil and Africa
>>
File: gootecks stick throw.jpg (8KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
gootecks stick throw.jpg
8KB, 299x168px
>>375802549
Or you could do both. Why limit your interest? Life is just one be distraction before death anyways.
>>
>>375802549
>Packers

Why the fuck would I listen to this fucking cheese head?
>>
>he never played video game
>he do not like video games
>>
File: 1453514183093.jpg (89KB, 543x768px) Image search: [Google]
1453514183093.jpg
89KB, 543x768px
>>375802549
God I hope Green Bay has a defense next year.
>>
>>375805641
>LA, SF, and SD all sacrificed the rest of their state for themselves.

How? More people live in these cities than the rest of the state..
>>
>>375804007
This 100%.
>>
>>375805683
>whosoever

you are a faggot
>>
File: 1480885182129.png (301KB, 465x506px) Image search: [Google]
1480885182129.png
301KB, 465x506px
>>375802549
>Man who plays recreational sport for a living tells other people to not play recreational games.
Why do people who play SPORTS for a living think their opinions mean anything?
>>
>>375805741
We'll see. Last year was pretty ugly.
>>
>>375805641
What do you even mean by sacrificed the rest of their state for themselves? It's not their fault that all the money lies in the cities. If dumb rednecks were smart they would move there, rather than spend their days growing lettuce and tomatoes. Let the mexicans handle that.
>>
>>375805745
I understand that you're unintelligent as being an idiot is a pre-requisite for living in a Californian Megacity, but you could at least try to think for a little bit instead of just assuming everyone is there to tell you what to think for you.
>>
>These posts

It's all about what do you consider to be successful in life. Everyone will judge you no matter what you do and there's going to be someone you couldn't ever please.

Fuck everyone, do what you like, your passion.

The catch is actually doing it:

So many dwell in fear of doing what they actually like and shelter themselves in whatever they find comfortable. Books, drugs, videogames, TV, alcohol, even sex. Ne conscious about what you're doing and if it's taking you where you want to be.

If you want to be playing Persona 23 when you're sixty that's may be ok for you, just don't hurt other people.

Persona is weeb shit and sucks though. Just warned you.
>>
>>375805604
>Texas
Florida is the only decent one.
>>
>>375805775
Because they are in the top percent of successful and famous individuals and their opinions have magnitudes more weight than a fat anonymous NEET who plays a dumbed down kusoge version of Phantasy Star Online.
>>
>>375802549
He's right, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop any time soon.
>>
>>375805506
Physical health and socializing is exactly what /v/ lacks.
>>
>>375802549
>Jordy Nelson tells kids to get stole and have friends so they can live forever
>while he plays a recreational sport for millions of dollars
>a sport which ruined Junior Seau's life so horribly that he shot himself in the heart so that doctors could find ways to prevent the sport from ruining anyone else
>>
>>375802549

https://youtu.be/NfY4TEtfG8k
>>
>>375805860
They will have horrible joint pain and die earlier. It evens out.
>>
File: 1406167041665.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1406167041665.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>375805849
>All those TV shows where a male character dresses up as a girl to win some kind of competition.

Well okay then.
>>
>>375805836
>Everyone will judge you no matter what you do

Except deep down, no one but a few assholes really care.
>>
>>375805849
kek

>Put some school uniform
>Beat some kids at a competition
>Claim that i'm trans-age
>Collect money prize
>Bang their teacher afterwards

Best plan ever
>>
>>375805310
Banning them definitely isn't any sort of answer but I do think it needs to be looked at a little more seriously. Video games are the closest thing you can get to illicit substance abuse without taking anything. The exact same lost hours, confused memories and neglect of personal health.
>>
>>375805907
Well to be fair, socializing in modern society is pretty terrible.

>walk outside
>see a woman struggling with boxes
>say hi to her
>gives me a death stare and starts to go crazy on me
>all just because I said hi
>>
>Go outside
>get nogged by nigs

>Get a girlfriend
>she tricks you into knocking her up so after she leaves you for Jamal (who she was fucking behind your back long before the kid) can get her golden ticket in the form of your kid and mandatory child support payments from you that will ensure you will never have a livable wage ever again
>or she accuses you of rape and you get your life ruined even after you're cleared of all wrong doing

>get a job
>soulless, life-sucking grind for sub-par wages and 39.5 hours per week so you don't even have health benefits
>you won't be able to retire until 70+, if you're lucky, and you probably won't see shit from Social Security by the time you need it even though you're still paying into it your whole life because it'll have gone tits up by the time you can afford to retire

Maybe if living conditions and society weren't absolute fucking SHIT people would be more inclined to engage in it.
>>
>guy says you should lay off the video games and spend more time exercising/socializing
>the manchildren of /v/ gets triggered hard
>>
>>375806027
Its scary that no one can really do anything about stuff like this out of fear of "offending" anyone.
>>
>>375802549
>waah waah, enjoy life the way I do, you're living wrong, do what I do!

I mean, obviously one should exercise on a regular basis and not eat total shit 24/7, but all this guy is saying is "I never played video games and I played sports, and I'm amazing, so obviously everyone should live exactly like I did, and anyone who has a hobby/lifestyle different from my own is wrong and unhealthy". Anyone who takes this guy seriously is a total moron; it's just another basic case of "BACK IN MY DAY THINGS WERE BETTER, THESE DARN KIDS ARE MISSING OUT WITH THEIR IPHONES AND GAMEBOYS". The only reason he's getting attention is because of his fame.
>>
>>375805860
But success is entirely relative, millionaires and celebrities both disgust me. I am not alone in this, either.
>>
>>375805235
>The drought is over
Unfortunately the climate seems to be changing irrevocably which may have lasting effects on the rainfall and snow pack in the area. The recent rain I'm sure helped but it's not indicative of a larger trend I'm afraid. I'm worried for the future climate for the entire nation if the trends continue this way as we've had record highs for months during the winter. I've been paying attention lately and it's concerning. While it's not as bad as perhaps last year or the year before we still are looking at a climate shift.
>>
>>375802549
>you need to live this way

>>375802671
>i don't want to take personal responsibility
everything i expected
>>
>>375806107
Oh fuck off
>>
>>375805604
Oklahoma is one of the best states if you ask me. It is one of the best states to start a business without all the bullshit red tape and taxes.
>>
>>375805580
so reverse your obesity. all it takes is a change of habits, which can admittedly be difficult to break, but it's certainly worth it.

t. a perma/v/irgin who has lost 38 kg in the last 7 months and gone from a BMI of 36.5 to 26.7
>>
>>375802549
Yes he is. Ever present internet and games have bred a generation of obesity among other health conditions, poor social skills and the inability to deal with their personal failures because they rely on their devices as a crutch.
If I wasn't a shut in I'd have a kid and make sure they valued team sports and outdoors activities above screens.
>>
>>375802549
>and the first thing I’d ask was: How many of you play video games?
>And all the kids would get all excited and raise their hands. And I say … that is the incorrect answer.
Is he saying they are lying?
>>
>>375805635
>implying fat neets makes sense
>>
>>375802549
Was with him until
>getting a girlfriend
>>
>>375806125
No, he's saying to give up a hobby because it's a bad hobby. He's clearly wrong.

Everyone on /v/ spends 20-60mins a day exercising.
>>
>>375806214
Well done. You should feel proud.
>>
>>375805635
>Implying free will exists

lmao!
>>
>>375806081
>Banning them definitely isn't any sort of answer but I do think it needs to be looked at a little more seriously.

It would help to make parents and people aware of moderation, good manners, health and discipline. Like, I don't know, education and good parenting.

Needless to say we live in a godless age, God is dead, worship Baal and your Hollywood idols.
>>
>>375806209
I love these redneck faggots who pretend they're these shrewd businessmen
>>
>>375802549
>Just go outside and do sports
>Not helping your community
>Not helping the environment by cleaning waste
>Not getting a real job and not something that relies on being a pretty face
Big talk from someone who's had everything handed to him because he's good at throwing a ball around.
>>
>>375806214
i said i was fine with it anon
i'm working out, but i still eat the food i love
i just don't lose weight
food and vidya are the only thing that bring me pleasure
>>
>>375806168
It doesn't really matter. We have more than enough money to pay for water, build desalination facilities or just steal it. Not like anyone can do anything about that, hehehehe. Hopefully the arab shitholes get obliterated in the coming years of water shortage. I'm more worried about Yellowstone blowing up, or some shithole like North Korea or Russia nuking us than I am about water.
>>
>>375806107
Tell me anon, did you left your katana and fingerless gloves on your home when that happened? those things kinda tell on you.
>>
>>375805860
> giving a fuck what some retarded "professional athlete" thinks

lel
>>
>>375805573
He doesn't but nor does most of /v/.

The fact of the matter is there are a lot of people who can't moderate, at least certain aspects of their lives, and in some if not all of those cases they'd be best to just avoid it entirely.
>>
>>375806134
And the sad thing is this will open up so many things allow the mentally ill such as trans to do what they please.

I mean, what's next? People going to start identify with race? What is going to stop a mexican from claiming they're White by saying they identify as such?
>>
>>375802549
>dont play games
>plays games for a living
>>
preying on the masculinity of young, misguided men really sells doesn't it?
>>
>>375806260
What does getting a girlfriend have to do with anything, really?

You can be successful and not be in a relationship. This guy is just spouting your atypical "KIDS THESE DAYS ARE DIFFERENT THAN WHEN I WAS A KID" drivel.

Professional football players are the LAST people that should be giving children any life advice.
>>
File: crime.png (52KB, 404x861px) Image search: [Google]
crime.png
52KB, 404x861px
>>375805538

fucking red states. we should have let the south go and stay go
>>
>>375806416
DELETE THIS SHIT
>>
>>375802549
>Do what you want with the short time you're given to exist
or
>spend all of your time working so that you can live longer so that you can work more so that you can live longer...
hmm
>>
File: bob dole.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bob dole.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>375806373
Anon, i'm blue eyed, white and mexican.
>>
>>375806340
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpvnO0p9KvU
>>
>>375806293
>wide receiver
>throwing balls around
?¿?¿?¿
>>
>>375802549
>>I did not have video games. Ever. I grew up on a farm, so we were either working – or playing outside. Any sport.

I had videogames and martial arts between the ages of 8-12 and then from the ages of 14-17 was in clown school.

Fuck you Jordy.
>>
>>375806373
Mexican isn't a race, although the vast majority of them are mixed. Besides, most Americans are mutts, who claim they are white.
>>
>>375806286
Do you even know what a redneck is?
>>
>Those American hot shit egos
Jesus christ
>>
>>375806482
>implying I know anything about sports and I'm not just here to shitpost
>>
>>375806409
It seems to be the go to response for everything.
>>
>>375802549
>just bee yourself
>>
File: BLACKED.jpg (164KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
BLACKED.jpg
164KB, 1000x750px
>>375806434
>The south
>>
I did play outside a lot, I also played video games with my friends. I grew up a loser for many reasons but I would say video games are not one of them. I lost my social circles because I was really obnoxious and not good looking enough to make up for it. also he shills for the fucking dairy industry which is literally worse than the jews. Still on the other hand I would encourage my son to just not play video games unless it was something like mario kart or smash with friends.
>>
>>375806134
>>375806027
>>375805849
>>375806015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCTbFN0EsDM
>>
>>375806539
>*Just be yourself as long as it's what I want you to be
>>
>>375805330
How are we judging this? Leagues? In that case the NFL makes the most money by far. Every soccer club in the world and every ball sold in every podunk country on Earth? Divegrass probably wins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue
>>
>>375806573
Truly ahead of its time.
>>
>>375806278
thanks mate, i really am

>>375806313
i don't believe you are, but it's your choice. exercise is just not really going to do anything at all if still have poor eating habits
>>
>>375805836
>Fuck everyone, do what you like
This is the most harmful meme of modernity. People's opinions and judements of you do matter to a degree and ought to be taken in to account on some level. Yes a lot of people worry about it too much, probably myself included, but not being concerned with it at all isn't the path to true fulfillment. People care how theyre perceived and always will, few people can delude themselves to the point that isn't the case.
>>
>>375806337
So far desalination isn't working out on a large scale. As for water rights, that's also going to be a huge issue. Especially for the farmers who use it the most as it gets depleted.

It's going to affect us all if we cannot grow food as well without as much water.

As far as Korea or Russia is concerned. Russia probably won't be as big of a concern. Korea maybe, but they're the ones being told by China right now to essentially take cover. Recently the Chinese embassy told its Chinese-moot citizens to head home.
>>
>>375806562
>Upper midwest is all Female Friendly

You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>375806562
Maybe I should move to Seattle after all.
>>
>>375802549
Well, the society is not fun enough for me to contribute to it.
>>
Pretty hilarious as his current team mate Blake Martinez has publicly stated he plays a lot of video games
>>
>>375806286
https://wallethub.com/edu/best-cities-to-start-a-business/2281/

>redneck
The party of tolerance ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>375806562
lol holy fuck, no wonder rednecks get so fucked up about interracial

All their women are lusting for Mandingo
>>
>>375806659
What the fuck even is "female friendly"?
>>
>>375806416
Oh no, so scary, even in the worst case scenario I have a .000175% chance of being murdered.

Shit is literally retarded and doesn't factor things like the reason people were murdered, like crimes of passion or drug/gang related murder. Instead it blankets all homicide and generalizes it like a majority of it isn't a product of personal disagreements. Don't be a dumbfuck, don't get murdered.
>>
>>375806775
I'd assume it's basically "passion" porn. Where the people pretend to be in love and the guy doesn't spit in her mouth and call her a dirty whore.
>>
>>375806761
Tell me about your business empires, you fraud
>>
File: bUrself.png (209KB, 599x716px) Image search: [Google]
bUrself.png
209KB, 599x716px
>>
>>375806284
I don't really have much hope at the societal level. I think we're in the latter stages of inevitable and irreversible decline.

I just don't really like the idea of other people hitting 25 and feeling like they've wasted the past decade or more. It's a pretty shit feeling.
>>
He's wrong in the sense that
>Instead of spending time with friends, getting a girlfriend, playing sports, and whatnot
are only the perceived "right" way to live. Some people might be perfectly content with their lifestyle revolving around work fapping and video games.
But he's right that if you aspire to become a more outward person, and get a gf and whatnot, video games are very counter-productive because they do not offer any improvement of the self in any way other than some memes like muh reaction time and shit.
>>
>>375806659
>American
>Female Friendly
>>
>>375806649
I never said it wasn't going to affect us, but it's not really gonna bring everything crashing down. Remember that technology is always advancing. Buying water has worked out well so far, and if it gets to the point were we can't buy water anymore due to a nationwide shortage, then it's not just our problem anymore.
>>
File: AhDD.webm (238KB, 440x248px) Image search: [Google]
AhDD.webm
238KB, 440x248px
>wasted entire youth on video games (30 years old now)
>never made any friends or any social contacts at all, let alone had a gf
>no longer enjoy video games

WHY DID NOBODY WARN ME?!
>>
>>375806824
Sounds fucking disgusting. Like hand holding. Makes me sick thinking about it.
>>
File: 1489306923887.jpg (21KB, 250x359px) Image search: [Google]
1489306923887.jpg
21KB, 250x359px
Why bother trying to fit into societal norms anymore? There's not enough reward in it. Just keeping healthy enough to live through your 60's/70's, working the bare minimum, and investing in your own happiness is the best thing you can do in today's society.

But a fucking celebrity wouldn't understand what real life is like in the United States, where jobs are scarce, half of your city is addicted to opiates to stop the pain of existence, and upwards mobility is all but dead.
>>
SO HOW ABOUT THAT PIGSKIN?
HOW ABOUT THAT SPORT WITH THE PIGSKIN?
>>
File: 1484319750540.png (653KB, 540x719px) Image search: [Google]
1484319750540.png
653KB, 540x719px
>>375806929

Nothing kills my boner faster than someone treating a woman like she's human.
>>
>>375802549

>Maurice Jones-Drew
>Literally a 5'7 manlet
>Plays vidya constantly
>Eats like shit (Eating full pizzas by himself)
>Married a white girl
>Has more career rushing yards and touchdowns than that faggot has receiving yards (Without a Hall of Fame quarterback who does just fine without him taking the pressure off)
>Didn't miss a fuckload of games every year because he's an injury prone white boi
>Now has an insanely successful career in sports broadcasting and his own show on the NFL Network

MJD is /ourguy/
>>
File: 12_1.jpg (768KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
12_1.jpg
768KB, 1920x1080px
>>375802549
That's it! I'm going to play RapeLay outside!!
>>
>>375807012
Seems like a nice lad. Would play vidya with.
>>
>>375806907
>the perpetual riots and death aren't our problem
>>
Hes completely right.

While video games werent the center of my childhood and I had plenty of time to be active in my sports, I feel any time I lost on vidya coyld have been applied to something beneficial for my future, be it health or academic.
>>
>>375806907
Can't rely so heavily on the next big thing when the problem is knocking at the door.

That's also something I could mention but that would be such a tangent. Still I suppose on the individual level not much you or I can do.
>>
>>375802864
W-whats wrong with fantasy novels?
>>
>>375806456
>>Do what you want with the short time you're given to exist
That would be fine if it were the case. Is sitting on your arse playing video games REALLY what you want to do with your time or are you just lacking the confidence to do what you really want?

I'm well aware I might be projecting but given the amount of unhappiness with vidya you see on /v/ I have to wonder if I'm not the only one stuck in a 'hobby' I don't really enjoy because the things I really want feel unobtainable.
>>
File: vE73M[1].png (90KB, 636x211px) Image search: [Google]
vE73M[1].png
90KB, 636x211px
>>375803712
Europe has twice our population. Removing Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Bosnia, Kosovo, Albania, and Serbia, and you still have a higher population than the entire United States.
>>
>>375802864
This. There have always been introverts. Now they just have more fun.
>>
>>375806954

Man the world is really fucked. Can't even have a good war to get society squared away anymore since the next proper war will be probably end all of mankind.
>>
>>375802549
t. a guy whose work is sports or any other physical activity

I have bad news for you: 90% of people are doing desk jobs
I would love to have a job like his, too
>>
>>375802549
This is always retarded. Video games do not do those things, not doing anything but play video games do those things. The games are innocent.
>>
Look at this fucking loser.
>>
>>375802912
Yes, but then you'll just be a fit sperg autist who can't get laid because you wear "subtle videogame clothing."

Better off just axing videogames.
>>
>>375802549

SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS

Its more important to pay attention in school and get a good education to become a productive member of society.
>>
>>375802549
Pretty much.
>>
>>375807002
This picture is confusing the fuck out of me.
>>
>>375807012
Damn. That's crazy density.
>>
>>375806954
Oh, Now you are talking, You American deserve all that shit when you being a complete ignorant spoiled international sjw shit talking 3rd world country
>>
>>375802549
Too much of anything isn't good for you, and vidya is highly addictive to young minds.
>>
>>375806908
Did your disappointed parents not tip you off?
>>
I don't blame videogames but my parents for not pushing me to seek my place in life

I'm on a deskjob and live ok-ish but it's not that fullfilling. It was easier for them to tuck me in whatever else that wasn't making noise or giving them problems.
>>
File: n.png (33KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
n.png
33KB, 300x100px
>>375802549
>>
>>375807204
I think the next war will happen when humans find an alternative habitat in space. Wars are fought for economic reasons and there's not much profit to be made from a barren, life-less rock, especially if your well-being depends on it being habitable.
>>
File: 1493580368961.png (572KB, 1500x778px) Image search: [Google]
1493580368961.png
572KB, 1500x778px
>>375807204
The next "proper" war won't even have a death toll >50k. Most of the US military power comes from our Airforce and Navy. We don't need to put boots on the ground when we can rain holy hellfire from halfway to the ISS with our Stealth Bombers.

Not to mention that the West is stuck in a permanent employer's market because of immigration not being limited severely. Employers aren't ever forced to offer better wages, conditions, hours, etc, because they can always find some immigrant who is willing to do the work for less, in shittier conditions, and live in squalor.

And if we fight for a minimum wage increase, all that'll happen is that even more people will be out of a job, and most fast food restaurants, retailers, and transportation sector companies will replace their employees with robots. You can't fight it, because the technology to replace the common man is already there, it's just too expensive at the moment. In my state, when the minimum wage jumped from $8.07 to $10, 30% of my coworkers got laid off, 8 new automated check-out stands were installed, and the remaining employees had their hours cut. I'm one of 4 employees that gets more than 30 hours a week, other than the managers/bosses. And when there is no one left to manage but the robots, they'll be fired as well.
>>
>>375805529
You can exercise inside your house, that doesn't mean shit.
You can also be a fatass sitting on a chair drinking bear all day every day on your fucking backyard yelling at people who cross the street but hey, at least you're not inside the house!
>>
>Stop playing vidya
>Stop using the computer
>Go outside to play sports
>Everyone is with their phones
What am I supposed to do now?
>>
>>375807512
Orwell and Huxley would be proud.
>>
>>375802549

> Instead of spending time getting a girlfriend

You actively pursue this goal with time?
>>
>>375806908
Dude, if you're an outcast with no friends, then the society is already warning you in a major way.

If you didn't pay any heed to that warning, then I guess you weren't exactly suffering.
>>
>>375802671
>blaming vidya for being a loser.

Yeah sure anon. It's not like you could go out and play a video game.
>>
>>375807556
Get a gym membership or get some free weights, some grip handles and a video on some kind of fad training program like crossfit
>>
>>375807171
Not really, they used to be scholars or artists or they would be useful to their families. Or they'd die. Now introverted NEETs are forced by the independence meme to leave their family home to be kept alive by the state.

It's a pathetic existence. I'd sooner die young of some painful malady than end up like that.
>>
>>375807512
Lmao. Burgers should torch the white house desu senpai.
>>
>>375807512
this is impressively retarded
>>
>>375805635
>>375806236
How does what he said not make sense? He knows he ruined his life and is fine with that.
>>
>>375807530
>drinking bear all day every day on your fucking backyard

Why the fuck would anyone drink a bear?
>>
>>375806134
>Claim I'm trans-age
>Fuck little kids
>Someone says anything
>They end up in jail because they are offending me
They did not think this one through.
>>
>>375807530
>Exercise in side the house.
I've never met a fit male that worked out "in the home gym", and I know a few of them from work. Even when I invite them to my gym they start talking about planks and push-ups and shit. Unless you have a squat rack in your house, working out there is pointless.
>>
>>375802549
yeah okay
>>
>>375807316
>paid attention in school
>got exceptional grades
>end up a sperg who never met his potential because I missed out on integral social development

Good advice.
>>
>>375803890
>our women are forced to get into relationships with foreigners
Would they like a strong, Aryan Norwegian? Getting tired of my librul, Nordic gf, would rather have some Mongol poontang
>>
>>375807789
>Unless you have a squat rack in your house, working out there is pointless.
Maybe if you're an overweight shit that needs to lose 100lb of fat. For anyone else: bodyweight routines can easily get you fit, you won't be huge, but you'll certainly look and feel a lot better than someone who doesn't workout at all.
>>
>>375804657

>Everyone has college-degree so its rendered useless
>It costs twice as much to hire someone as their salary. ie if your salary is 1000€ you pay another 1000€ in "pension, taxes, social security, med-bills"

>Every person under 25 is almost forced for internship to increase their CV
>But now everyone has CV full of internships, just like everyone under 25, rendering them useless again

>If you didnt start working summer jobs at 16 you are fucked
>"Need 2-5 years of experience for this mcdonalds shit-job"
>And zero downtime between jobs

>10k open jobs in whole country with 500k unemployed people
>>
File: 1491879801345.webm (738KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491879801345.webm
738KB, 640x480px
>>375805496

>family tells me I spend too much time cooped up in my room on the PC
>go downstairs
>they're all on their fucking phones
>even my niece who's barely 3 years old
>>
>>375807789
That's because the gym either allows them to change their routine, have a spotter or they just wanna show off. It has nothing to do with the end result.

The whole point of going to the gym is so you know you have to commit. At home, you have so much distractions. It's kind of like when writers bring their laptop to a café. It's not because they're showing off being writers, it's because it keeps them from masturbating.
>>
>>375807149
US has a centralized sports scene whereas Europe has as many leagues as there are countries, for each sport. Plus half of Europe is on the verge of bankruptucy.
>>
>>375807869
They're women like women everywhere, lol. Just be charming and tall, handsome or rich and you're golden if you don't want anything serious.
>>
File: 1461282800644.gif (3MB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
1461282800644.gif
3MB, 280x200px
>tfw I didnt do sports in school and thought they were all stupid so I was lazy and did band
>looking back now I wish so hard i had played football and been active instead
It would have been a better life.
>>
>>375802549
>Go outside
>Play sports
>I'm fucking shit at it
>No-one wants to play with me anymore
H-Haha, I'm being extroverted!
>>
File: 1482616405286.jpg (390KB, 1319x1387px) Image search: [Google]
1482616405286.jpg
390KB, 1319x1387px
Gamers are literally the same thing as bronies. Both obsess over toys for little kids and drag others down in their degeneracy.
>>
File: 5474785378235890.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5474785378235890.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>375802549
1950-1970
>The problem with kids these days is that so many are out of shape and socially unhinged because all they do is sit at home and get high. Instead of spending time with friends, getting a girlfriend, playing sports, and whatnot they are slowly killing themselves with their addiction.
1970-1990
>The problem with kids these days is that so many are out of shape and socially unhinged because all they do is sit at home watching TV and reading comics. Instead of spending time with friends, getting a girlfriend, playing sports, and whatnot they are slowly killing themselves with their addiction.
1990-2010
>>The problem with kids these days is that so many are out of shape and socially unhinged because all they do is sit at home playing video games. Instead of spending time with friends, getting a girlfriend, playing sports, and whatnot they are slowly killing themselves with their addiction.

this is nothing new.
>>
>>375808137
Found the brony
>>
>>375807530
>implying there's no value to getting fresh air, sunlight, being with other people, exploring new places, enjoying nature etc..
Keep making excuses if you want. It's not some magical cure-all but getting out absolutely helps. Even if you're a complete sperg you're still a part of a social species that doesn't deal well with isolation.
>>
>>375803259
>baseball still making near 10 billion
When is it going to die already.
Football has already blew it out
>>
>>375808168
You pretty much had to leave the house before 1990 if you wanted to do anything.
>>
>>375802671
Speak for yourself you pathetic loser.

I'm pursuing a STEM major, fit and go to the gym regularly, am not socially retarded, in a fraternity and have 86 hours in Persona 5 and like 100 in Breath of the Wild.

Don't blame video games just because you're too much of a weak-willed, limp-wristed faggot to improve your life.
>>
File: 1490386521299.jpg (64KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490386521299.jpg
64KB, 300x300px
Man, I always hated going outside, even when I barely touched the household PC. I got my first console at 7. Before then I just read a lot of comics and books. I was still very unpopular in kindergarten because of it and the fact I couldn't care less about TV. If I never latched on to vidya and the internet, I'd still have trouble.
>>
File: 1490797266489.gif (64KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1490797266489.gif
64KB, 500x446px
>>375802549
He is 100% right

It's too late to turn back now though, how could I forsake the instant pleasure machine/ distraction device that is my computer?
>>
>>375808168
Spot the angry millennial
>>
>>375808232
young shut ins have been a thing since the 60s. People forget you could order over the phone and could pay to get things like groceries and what not delivered to your door. The system went away because of the shut ins thinking it was encouraging them to not go out. After 4 decades we discovered some people just don't care and would rather die as a blob in their house.
>>
>>375808232

>Kids these days talking in their telephones
>>
>>375808252
>flavor of the month normie games
>"100 hours is a lot"

fuck off
>>
When I was a kid I did both things. When I became an adult every friend wanted to get drunk to death and girls talked about how they would get rich guys to marry them. No thanks.
>>
>Catches passes from the gayest QB of all time

Also he forgets that not everyone in the NFL is an athlete to begin with

https://youtu.be/kxx_u67eUSA
>>
>>375808232
we are talking about kids anon. They get out plenty for school and what not. It don't change that a lot of kids just don't want to be active. This shit goes back before running water was a thing.
>>
>>375808038
>Finns
>like women everywhere
Kek, no
Together with Estonians, you're the most awkward and anti-social people I've met. Your women are qt though
>>
>>375808320
t. millennial
>>
>>375802549
>>I did not have video games. Ever. I grew up on a farm, so we were either working – or playing outside. Any sport.
I grew up on a farm and played video games because there was nothing else to do
>>
>>375808320
no idea where you are getting angry and I'm 48. I've seen most of this shit happen.
>>
File: 1472033850887.jpg (37KB, 559x404px) Image search: [Google]
1472033850887.jpg
37KB, 559x404px
>>375802549
He's wrong.

He's wrong because he blames it on the kids, and not the fucking parents who flip their shit and call the army when their kid goes any further than the front lawn because PEDOPHILES ARE EVERYWHERE! and make them wrap themselves up in fifty cubic fucking feet of bubble wrap before even looking at a bicycle, let alone climbing a fucking tree.

And even if they do go outside, some menopausal cunt comes fucking REEEEing out of the woodwork to yell at them for being kids, and the teachers cry fucking foul until the parents buckle and stick their kids on a handful of pills to make them lethargic because clearly something is wrong with a child if they don't want to sit in one goddamn seat for six hours out of the day and listen to some listless old fuck who probably hates them drone on about boring shit or, if they're beyond the event horizon of not giving a fuck anymore, just hands them photocopied pages of a workbook to fill in the blanks and answer the questions while they sit at their desk, drinking whiskey-laced coffee and try not to punch the most obnoxious little cunt in the room.
>>
File: 1456924262173.png (12KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
1456924262173.png
12KB, 477x539px
>stop playing video games
>make a trillion dollar industry go bankrupt
>million people lose their jobs

I wish that would happen with todays sport because todays sport is 100% who does cheating better.
>>
He's ignorant. Thinks that saying "go outside" will solve problems of people, which are individual cases.
>>
>>375808426
Alcohol tends to fix all that.

North Germans are pretty weird as well, though. I was talking to my gf's friend from Hamburg and her hands were shaking from having to be social and she got so nervous she started talking about how she wants to kill everyone and that she's not a nazi because she hates everyone equally.
Imagine going home and thinking back on your day after that.
>>
everything is a waste of time. i can't explore deep space due to technology. there's no reason for anything. how am i supposed to fuck aliens?

I might as well just die, fuck video games and sports.
>>
File: a.png (59KB, 254x220px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
59KB, 254x220px
>>375802549
It's not like he's wrong, but he's not quite right. There's a lot going on that's part of the problem and I think blaming the internet and video games is a petty start. It's a cheap hobby to keep your kids 'safe'. It's even worse in an area of poverty.

>a lot of afterschool programs are getting budget cuts
>their life is dictated by their parents and other parents safety nutjobs which are turning into trigger happy CPS callers
>almost everything that is packaged has sugar in it, including plain bread
>nobody is willing to tell other parents that they need to teach their child better eating habits, life styles, and so on
I can keep going on. You can't blame it purely on video games. There's a lot of reasons why video games/internet became the thing that has their attention 24/7.

I grew up in a gang infested neighborhood of Chicago. I was encourage to stay inside rather than go outside mostly due to how easy a children were targeted to be recruited.
>>
>>375804383
This.

I have similar circumstances. Been playing Vidya since the age of 5, always been my main timesink. I am confident, outgoing, live with my girlfriend and go to the gym.

Admittedly I was very introverted and shy as a teen and couldn't into relationships and attraction. After a while of being unhappy about it I decided to change that. The combination of regularly going out with my friends and working in retail built up my social skills and confidence. Video games didn't get in the way of that at all.
>>
that's old news, nowadays it's mobile phones, facebook and instagram, I was pretty much addicted to videogames in my teens but that's nothing compared to how addicted kids are these days, my sister literally cannot go anywhere or do anything without being "connected"
WW3 when?
>>
>>375802549
He's right. Goodbye forever, /v/.
>>
File: 1490610959348.jpg (51KB, 448x468px) Image search: [Google]
1490610959348.jpg
51KB, 448x468px
>>375802549
Well my friends are slowly killing themselves with addictions too so if i wanna see friends i gotta do addict shit too

theres fucking nothing outside, i can walk 10 miles back and forth and nothing fun will cross my eyes. People are pieces of shit these days and only circlejerk in their closed, small societies. They dont open up, they dont wanna make friends.

So when i come home from work i dont fucking wanna go out to see some drunk retards or bunch of niggers i wanna play a fucking game and give jackshit about some god damn sports guy who spends his life chasing balls in the grass
>>
>>375802549

Funny, the day I tasted alcohol as a 10 year old, tobacco as a 12 year old and amphetamine when I was 14 were all days when my father threw me out and told me to go do something outside.
>>
>>375808527
He comes from a division where his biggest competition is the Detroit Lions
>>
>>375807495
kek
>>
>>375808459
What the fuck are you doing here at 48?
>>
File: 4365756.png (53KB, 156x156px) Image search: [Google]
4365756.png
53KB, 156x156px
>>375802549
>gets his ass kicked at mario party 3
>"FINE I'LL JUST GO PLAY OUTSIDE THEN!"
>gets older
>every time he touches a controller he gets PTSD flashbacks of his older brother kicking his ass on the scoreboards
>>
>>375803259
>look my sport is more about money than yours !!!!

you do understand American football was MADE for commercial breaks and advertisers right ?
>>
>>375808576
>>375808612
those dudes speak the truth
>>
File: 1470418715321.jpg (70KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1470418715321.jpg
70KB, 1106x1012px
>hid my powerlevel in college
>hangout with buddies doing normie stuff, watching football etc
>finally they want to relax and play vidya
>its CoD, madden, destiny normieshit
>stop talking to them

I'm a lot happier by myself with my patrician taste in vidya t b h
>>
File: 1491883893338.jpg (46KB, 720x451px) Image search: [Google]
1491883893338.jpg
46KB, 720x451px
>>375802549
In the 1790 book Memoirs of the Bloomsgrove Family, on the topic of books, Reverend Enos Hitchcock wrote:
>The free access which many young people have to romances, novels, and plays has poisoned the mind and corrupted the morals of many a promising youth; and prevented others from improving their minds in useful knowledge. Parents take care to feed their children with wholesome diet; and yet how unconcerned about the provision for the mind, whether they are furnished with salutary food, or with trash, chaff, or poison?
Can you imagine people accusing books of being a generation killer in 2017? To claim that reading now literally classics as amoral?

Maybe faggots like Jordy here just like to think there is some hip and current problem to what has been a standing issue for generations that is mankind urge to avoid responsibility and health?
>>
>>375808072
I wish I'd done anything, even band. Instead I went to school and then ran home to play vidya every day. Now I'm stuck in that routine for the rest of my life and I hate it. Well, with school substituted for work anyway.
>>
>>375808612
>theres fucking nothing outside, i can walk 10 miles back and forth and nothing fun will cross my eyes. People are pieces of shit these days and only circlejerk in their closed, small societies. They dont open up, they dont wanna make friends.

Nailed it.

Not a lot of fun to be had when your home city is little more than a glorified backyard and travel's not much good if you're doing it alone with no one or not place in sight.
>>
>>375803862
Go to a better doctor who'll give you antibiotics
>>
>>375808612
Just watch old games. Less rules back then. Games were fucking nuts and more of a spectacle.

https://youtu.be/LLmf2mjVzbI
>>
Not in my neighborhood. I live in some poor black neighborhood. If you're a white kid standing outside alone, the pack of niggers would go and beat you up just for the fun of it.

These days, it's only gotten worse with the whole blm bullshit. These niggers think they are doing justice. Cops don't even come around these parts unless there's a major incident. Cops only patrol around the rich white people neighborhood.
>>
>>375808658
son talk about the site in 07 and gave it a look. I enjoy the candor of the place.
>>
I'm just going to end my life walking, I'll just set myself a destination and once I get there I'll set myself another one, there's nothing interesting in this world and this jackass can suck my dick
>>
File: 1493372818857.png (8KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1493372818857.png
8KB, 112x112px
>>375806416
And yet going outside is dangerous according to the media and soccer moms. Really makes you think
>>
>>375807742
>american education
>>
>>375808897
>son browsing 4chan when you were 38
I have questions but am too tired to actually ask them.
>>
>>375808541
>nd her hands were shaking from having to be social and she got so nervous she started talking about how she wants to kill everyone and that she's not a nazi because she hates everyone equally.

Sounds like a fucking cutie.
>>
Nah.
It's the same shit every generation does.
>kids these days X We didn't have Y in my day so now the world's gonna end.
Reality of it is there are still kids on my block out playing street hockey everyday. And there were always losers with no friends staying at home, watching tv or before that reading books.
There is also moderation.
>>
>>375806562
what is "female friendly"?
>>
>>375802549
make me faggot
>falling for the sports jew
>>
>>375808168
It's not but it's gotten progressively worse, all of these things are compounding. Vidya hasn't replaced weed, rock music, comic books or television. Now you can do it almost all at once. You can bombard your senses with a heavier salvo than ever before.
>>
>>375808801
>Can you imagine people accusing books of being a generation killer in 2017? To claim that reading now literally classics as amoral?

Books were like TV and movies in the days of candle-lit housing. Nowadays you'd be lucky to hear just one book making the best seller list.
>>
>>375806775
The dude isn't some bald ugly af sob
>>
>>375806562
The South is where the most black people live.
>>
>>375806762
>>375806562
You do know that highest concentration of black people in the US is in the south, right?
>>
>>375808612
>People are pieces of shit these days and only circlejerk in their closed, small societies. They dont open up, they dont wanna make friends.
Remember when you could just walk up to a kid and ask if you wanted to be friends? I miss those days. You can't even make a connection with someone you don't meet online or at work these days.
>>
>>375808576
ho gives a shit what Kaytlin did yesterday and what Emily made for lunch? I honestly don't get it.
>>
>>375802549
Blake Martinez is a linebacker on the Packers. He plays dota and watches it on his phone at team locations. He hosted a panel and casted games for a tournament. Jordy is a memer on his last legs.
>>
>>375808194
Get killed, barneyfag.
>>
He doesn't mean literally go stand outside on the street you fucking literalistic spergs
>>
>>375808527
In the case of people whose problem is a fear of going outside then I'd say it solves 100% of it.
>>
Completely right, but what the hell is there to do outside? If we leave out taking drugs and mugging people, there's not much to do at all.
>>
File: 618px_Ctrl_alt_del_hear_about.jpg (52KB, 618x391px) Image search: [Google]
618px_Ctrl_alt_del_hear_about.jpg
52KB, 618x391px
>>375802549
Why the fuck should I listen to some redneck football faggot that plays for the fucking Packers? Just because he got famous for running and catching well and won the pro spot running and catching lottery doesn't mean anything for everyone else
>>
>>375802549

DUDE JUST PLAY FOOTBALL, CONCUSSIONS AREN'T BAD FOR YOU AT ALL, LOL.
>>
>>375803259
add up all the money that's made from association football you mong.
>>
>outside

that's where niggers are
>>
ITT: Fat, pasty, out-of-shape ugly losers make excuses as to why they can't and won't go outside and self-improve.
>>
>>375808541
Yeah, because Finns are known to be strangers to alcohol.
>>
>>375808854
Do this, it's worth a shot, you never know what shady doctor bullshit they're actually doing.

>Go to doctor to get prescription for crippling ADHD
>They have my insurance info
>Doctor starts out by saying "well I don't prescribe Adderall because it's just so bad, I'm gonna write you up for some Vyvanse
>Okie doke doc really I just need anything though literally anything is better than existing the way I do
>Go to pharmacy to get medicine
>Pharmacist says "hey this is a terrible idea, your insurance actually only covers Adderall, literally nothing else so if you want these Vyvanse you need to pay $230
>Doctor: "oh that's too bad, well if you want we can help you find a psychiatrist who might prescribe your shitty fucking adderall but heads up you will probably be on a waiting list for a couple months sucker"

I know I could have checked with my insurance beforehand to know what medicine I'm covered for, but the doctor's office also could have told me that things weren't going to fly. Just give me the fucking adderall I don't care if YOU don't like it, I'M the fucker that needs it, and instead you want to put me down for what might be the most expensive alternative? Doctors really are shady as shit sometimes.
>>
File: 1491944617623.jpg (70KB, 451x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491944617623.jpg
70KB, 451x600px
If all you do is play vidya then yeah, I agree. It's not impossible to do both though. I grew up running around in the fields and woods with my friends, but vidya is just as important for me. I take a couple days each week to meet my friends and do all kinds of stuff (sports/drinking/other entertaining stuff), while I devote the rest to work and some vidya after each exhausting day. This sort of life is a great comfort zone that I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.
>>
File: 1488791512068.gif (1MB, 468x271px) Image search: [Google]
1488791512068.gif
1MB, 468x271px
>american problems
feels good not being snared in the Honeypot Nation
>>
>>375803259
if you add the top five soccer leagues revenue it adds up to 13.7b alone
>>
>>375808927
Lack of danger is part of the problem.

"... the world of the ‘Westerners’ has at its disposal only a limp and shapeless substance – and the cult of the skin, the myth of ‘safety’ and of ‘war on war’, and the ideal of the long, comfortable, guaranteed, ‘democratic’ existence, which is preferred to the ideal of the fulfilment which can be grasped only on the frontiers between life and death in the meeting of the essence of living with the extreme of danger."
>>
>>375803901
>muh self-improvement
Autism/10.
>>
>>375803775
no one wants to see the same two team win over and over again. The premier league is way more entertaining than La Liga/Bundesliga snorefest.
>>
>>375809318
Fun fact: Our government actually had to artificially raise alcohol prices (and even ban alcohol at one point) because most of our workforce was struggling with alcoholism. Even the Russians felt pity for us.
>>
File: 1493423425428.png (443KB, 625x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493423425428.png
443KB, 625x480px
>>375809285
>>
File: 1473034344693.jpg (97KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473034344693.jpg
97KB, 800x800px
>go outside
>walk around for 1 hour
>only see 2 children playing football
>everyone else is on their phone
And if they are not on their phones they go to the gym
>>
>>375809338
Dipshit you should have spent the $230, complained about side effects of Vyvanse, then your doctor would give you Adderall.
Why do you refuse to think?
You had a chance to make a big play and you fucked it up.
>>
>>375808215

In the early 00's the baseball league did a great job monetizing their games despite falling viewership. Also, each team playing 162 games in the regular season helps a lot too.
>>
>>375808215
Never, unAmerican faggot.
>>
>>375809439
All the finns I've met are either anxious introverts or loud, obnoxious drunks. There hasn't been a single finn that I've met or seen that doesn't fall into one or both of these categories, it's pretty unsettling really.
>>
>>375809067
whites still overpopulate blacks in America, do they not? Or is the US really that cucked? lmao
>>
File: 1487762341587.webm (2MB, 716x540px) Image search: [Google]
1487762341587.webm
2MB, 716x540px
>>375806659
>>375806670
>>375806762
You anons understand they get these numbers by made accounts that have female check off which in 2015 was about 17%of total made accounts.
And again this is just them checking off "female" on a box. Could be a trans, could be guys just roll playing, could just be bot accounts used to sucker idiots into sharing their phone number and basic infor to share to add companies.

Do none of you stop to ask where they get these numbers?
>>
>>375809472
pretty much, it's funny because I did a lot of shit last year, got my driving license, took piano lessons, went out to arcades, ect so I was in contact with a lot of people my age
and people just don't want to fucking socialize, they're all glued to their phone and when they do manage to get their eyes off it and talk, it turns out they're fucking stupid and all talk about the most mundane shit
And then this retard with half his braincells missing comes along and says VIDYA IS BAD MKAY, what the fuck went so wrong
>>
>be american
>go outside
>get shot
>>
>>375802549
Guess what, I went to school as a kid. That means I had to interact with other kids around 7 hours a day 5 days a week. I've still always been a social outcast because people are fucking garbage.
>>
>>375809581
On their own blacks aren't even close to overpopulating Whites, but Whites will be a minority very soon if you compare them to all the non-white races in America.
>>
>>375807114
High fantasy is fine in moderation but much like vidya it's essentially a huge waste of time.
>>
File: 0826_census_race_fig1-2.jpg (71KB, 599x278px) Image search: [Google]
0826_census_race_fig1-2.jpg
71KB, 599x278px
>>375809581

Yes, non-Hispanic whites are about 65% of the population but will become a minority once the boomers die off. Since the 2010 census, white births have fallen to 45% of all births
>>
>>375809027
your a retard aren't you?
Books selling millions in a year is still very fucking common and more so with youth and women. The fact that fictional books are mandatory reading between grades 5th through 12 and all in college courses shows that it's in our culture like blood in our veins. It just took over 200 years for us to accept it.
>>
>>375809581
They're slowly becoming the minority in major cities when you consider whites vs everyone else.

It'll go down even further when arabs aren't considered white soon.
>>
>dude your source of entertainment is bad, you should acknowledge MY source of entertainment

why does this guy think that every kid has a close group of friends to entertain themselves with? you can't play sports alone and not every baseball/football field is going to have a game going on.

the obesity problem is directly related to the parents fault, not putting a leash on their child or what they eat. the school lunches don't help either.
>>
>>375809757

I don't understand. Why do American conservatives which aren't fond of blacks and hispanics against free birth control and abortion? If non-whites are having most of the kids, wouldn't they want to help them curb their birth rate?
>>
Videogames are one of the few things that stopped me from killing myself. For a very long time interacting with others brought me nothing but pain and suffering. Video games didn't socially unhinge me, other people did. I started playing games because I didn't want to be around other people and I eventually fell in love with them when I started to see how interesting they were. Without videogames I may have never been able to see the good in humanity. Back when I was off my rocker the only people that brought any joy into my life were the developers of my favorite games. Believe whatever you want, but I don't think games are inherently harmful in any way(perhaps aside from passionless corporate crap and political brainwashing dressed up as a game but the same goes for any artform), and the idea that games are "a shit tier hobby", "low-brow", or whatever other intellectual insult you can think up are disgusting and born only of being judgemental of others. These beliefs have no value to humanity, only to individuals.
>>
File: 1488596499300.jpg (10KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1488596499300.jpg
10KB, 205x246px
G-Go O-Outside?
B-But i am a Hikikomori sir
>>
>>375808546
THE BLACK PILL
>>
>>375802549
>some popular sportsman is suddenly an expert on social interactions and how you should live your life just because what he did is socially accepted as the norm.
If you didn't come from the depths of depression, introvertedness and social awkwardness you have literally N O T H I N G to say about climbing out of it.
>>
>>375802671
"Wah why isnt the government treating me like a baby"
>>
>>375802549
But I am fit. I played 4 years varsity soccer and some college. I couldnt keep competing because my lung capacity was shit. Im literally a genetic failure. Fuck you, videogames are fun.
>>
>>375802549
only half right, there is nothing outside anymore
>>
>>375802549
>The problem with kids these days

Stopped reading right there.
>>
File: 1366190870370.jpg (26KB, 447x447px) Image search: [Google]
1366190870370.jpg
26KB, 447x447px
>>375807972
>don't sit alone in your computer anon
>go watch TV with us
>>
>>375803545
You would say it laying around, and everyone would understand. Laying down is a stupid fucking way to say that.
>>
File: 1465445739420.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465445739420.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>375805098
>this nigga thinks you can't scan brains
>>
>>375809757
It's because our system is stupid.

A person with like only 20% black ancestry is still considered black even though they may have white skin and blonde hair.

The 2 race stats is only if you mix two minorities. Like half black half Asian.
>>
>Chad's grandfather being an idiot
Nothing new
>>
>>375802549
Yeah, he's not wrong.
>>
File: 1492461695487.jpg (592KB, 1238x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1492461695487.jpg
592KB, 1238x1500px
>>375809569
>he's proud of falling for a trap either personally or through his ancestors
lol... LOL!
>>
>>375808356
>no true Scotsman
Die in a fire
>>
File: 1493707353277.gif (2MB, 236x307px) Image search: [Google]
1493707353277.gif
2MB, 236x307px
>>375807972
>upset that you're playing faggots all day while they're looking at faggots all day
>>
>>375809285
what if my excuse is that i dont want to?
>>
>>375808967
I have two. The youngest is 17.
>>
File: vcne9OH.jpg (234KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vcne9OH.jpg
234KB, 800x1000px
>>375805849
>transgender boy
>it's a biological girl
>story is actually 'girl wins at girl's wrestling with performance enhancing hormones'

I get triggered by that article every time, because it represents literally everything wrong with modern society and news reporting in a condensed form.
Not only is it clickbait specifically tailored to ruse people who can't decypher PC-ified language, the story in of itself transgresses so many layers of doublethink that I'm not sure how society even works any more. Realize that the conservacuck opinion puts them on the tranny's side, meanwhile the libcucks are saying the he-she shouldn't be allowed to armbar little girls. Nobody deigns to consider the objective facts of the case, which is that this is an athlete who might as well be taking steroids for performance enhancement. All meaning and rationality is swept away in a tide of diarrhea-polemic, just to enable normies to have 'their say' on facebook or twitter.

Kojima was right.
>>
pathetic
>>
File: phil-baroni.jpg (45KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
phil-baroni.jpg
45KB, 266x400px
>>375802549
>NS: Do you have any advice for the nerds on how to get girls?

>PB: Do steroids, lift heavy weights, get contacts, go tanning. And stop playing all those gay fucking video games. You can’t get pussy in front of a TV playing games with your geeky friends. Go out to night clubs and bars, hit the beach. If you got money, floss. Whatever you do, don’t be yourself.
>>
>>375802549
>24 and a hermit
>not even a neet since im still at college
>ever since i was a kid i spent all my free time alone playing videogames
>didnt stop in highschool, only difference being sometimes my friends dropped by to play videogames with me
>getting a job changed nothing, i went to work, came back and either played videogames or found a way to waste time online
>college hasnt changed it either
>im not even socially retarded nor shy at all, i just dont see the point in bothering with other people, hell i have hobbys like drawing and goals and shit, my friends are always there online anyways so i can text them at any point
>never even been with a woman either, women are expensive, they demand you get a better job that demands more work, buy better things that you dont need, etc why would anyone want someone like that around?
>>
>>375810340
>>
File: IMG_2510.png (34KB, 700x471px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2510.png
34KB, 700x471px
>>375802549
>normies
>>
>>375808208
>this projection
Holy shit, well here you (you) I guess.
>>
>>375810567
>Kojima was right
I'm starting to realize this more and more everyday after replaying MGS2.
>>
I did both, but that's probably too complicated for him
>>
look em in the eye

and give them a firm handshake
>>
>>375802671
Fucking agreed

only cunts like this
>>375804383
>>375808569
say it's easy but they are good looking, and their family was wealthy.
>>
File: 1478963755764.gif (488KB, 284x210px) Image search: [Google]
1478963755764.gif
488KB, 284x210px
>>375803259
>commercialball fans actually using revenue as an argument that their sport is good
jesus christ
>>
>>375810567
So the fact that steroid abuse, an open secret in every sport triggers you but not the fact that we let children pretend to be the sex they are not and let this delusion manifest well until adulthood?
>>
>lol nerd just go live on your 250 acre family estate like I did
>>
File: QT spic.jpg (192KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
QT spic.jpg
192KB, 900x1200px
>>375806373
>Claim you're transmexican so you can bang all the spic QT's easily

Would BLEACH all the beaner babes.
>>
>>375811179
that bitch looks like some of those insufferable girls who drink monster energy and browse deviant art
>>
>>375810776
People who make and repost these comics never actually "made a change" in themselves. As evident by the fact that they perceive the society in two broad categories, "normies" and "non-normies".

Being social doesn't mean you're forced to interact with people who share no interests with you, you're not 3 years old anymore and you're not lobbed into a playground with other 3 year olds. The world is bigger than that and there are a whole lot of people who are not the archetypal "normies" that you could be socializing with.
I rarely say it, but honestly: just grow up, you special snowflake.
>>
>>375802549
how old is he? like 40?
>>
File: Boomer Billy.png (3MB, 2048x1999px) Image search: [Google]
Boomer Billy.png
3MB, 2048x1999px
I'm not going to hypercompete just so I can be part of the 10% of people who aren't treated like shit by society.
>>
>>375802941
no one gives a shit besides other braindead meat heads that play sports
>>
>>375808801
But video games are a source of instant gratification, books never were
People are genuinely addicted to video games, probably myself included
Comparing video games to books is totally false equivalence and i think you know that.
>>
>>375811227
>Yfw it's your duty to replace her shitty energy drinks with your cum.
>>
>>375809338
Prescribing Adder all as a primary care physician isn't illegal but is considered circumspect and can put you in a position where you can be sued. A lot of PCPs have become afraid to prescribe it as a result and essentially let psychologists handle it.

Don't get me wrong though, despite having purely self motivated reasons most will continue to shove their self righteous bullshit down your throat.
>>
>>375811436
>But video games are a source of instant gratification
Lmao, what? If anything Books are more of an instant gratification source, because they don't require you to spend inhuman amounts of time "getting good at" so you can engage with them at the skill-level the developers intended.

Books do, generally, require a lot more imagination to process, so they will work your brain more than the average videogame.
>>
>>375811713
>books don't require you to get good

t. genre fiction pleb/ proud American
>>
>>375811250
not that guy but I'm gonna reply in his stead, shut the fuck up, moron
>>
As a Wisconsinite I can say he's not a fucking household name. That would be Aaron Rodgers or Clay Matthews. Also just because how he grew up worked for him does not mean it'll work for everyone. I heavily play videogames and still socialize and do physical activities. Hell I may not have met my wife if I didn't like vidya
>>
I agree. Nuke California and America would be much better. Or let the blue counties secede into their own state and we'll keep the red counties that actually produce resources.
>>
>>375811713
What gratification can a book give you? there's zero interaction
>>
File: 1492475627338.gif (414KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
1492475627338.gif
414KB, 520x520px
I went outside when I was in my teens but as I entered 6th grade when myspace came out less and less people actually started going outside.

Now today I never go outside because all my frineds are on the computer all day.

Why waste gas and drive to talk to them when I can just message them on snapchat
>>
>>375811784
Nice argument, as expected from a "reformed" NEET.
>>
>>375812060
I'll go on a limb here.

My friends are either busy with their shit or they're free when I'm busy with mine. So the problem could easily be having to deal with a substitute that isn't as fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 496x811px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 496x811px
>>375802549
>>
>>375812376
good taste
>>
>>375812376
Muh outlier
>>
>>375812137
Why can't you find substitute friends that are fun? You're the person making the choices, if you decide to hang out with people that aren't fun, that's on you.
>>
>>375812478
Because the people that decide they want to hang out with you might be the ones that initiate it themselves.
>>
>>375812464
Sorry anon, some people are just able to have an active life while enjoying weeb/nerd shit, not everyone has to go full normalfag like the faggot in the OP.
>>
>>375811761
The average book is pleb-tier trite with no deeper meaning to uncover.
>>
>>375802549
but you guys are my friends
>>
>>375812576
I was being sarcastic you retard. Here
>muh outlier
Better dweeb?
>>
>>375812629
>literally can't comprehend the meaning of a simple 4chan post before replying to it

I doubt you could comprehend The Very Hungry Caterpillar to be quite honest
>>
>>375806562
>Cali is full of lesbians

fucking progressives
>>
>>375812570
Wait, so now you're saying that you don't choose the people you hang out with and call friends? Sure, you don't choose your co-workers and in some cases you might be forced to socialize with them, but apart from that I don't see how anyone can force you to hang out with them.
>>
>>375803650
kys
>>
This thread is proof that /v/ is the easiest board to troll.

Mainly because it's the only board where the mods allow threads to shit on the very subject of the board with no consequence.
>>
>>375811082
What triggers me is exactly what you're doing: using normative claims and politicized rhetoric to drive the discussion, instead of a facts-based approach that doesn't give an aposematic lardwhale an opportunity to soapbox. If you ask them why they think trannies aren't mentally ill, they'll stall you out with four years of memorized lecture notes from their gender studies course. For them a discursive win isn't about being correct, it's about being heard.
>>
>>375812853
hating video games is /v/ culture
>>
>>375812834
I like how you make that leap when I didn't say whether or not the substitute was a friend or a work contact.
>>
>>375812701
>Some products of entertainment can only be fully appreciated when you have a deeper understanding of the subject
Good job anon, what a useful and enlightening assertion, what a great thinker you are.
>>
>>375810895

My family isn't wealthy faggot. Stop making excused for you being a loser. I also have average looks for a male.
>>
>>375813142
Again: >I don't see how anyone can force you to hang out with them
>>
>>375813150
You are starting to get it but you are only like halfway there, keep going friendo!
>>
>stop doing what you like, do what I want you to like
Sounds like a goddamn Commie
Plenty of people work out and play video games
Hell, plenty of players in the NFL for that matter play video games. Most just Madden, but some a lot more than that
Thread posts: 538
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.