[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have not played since 1.4. What is the short version of what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Stellaris_cover_art.jpg (18KB, 288x366px) Image search: [Google]
Stellaris_cover_art.jpg
18KB, 288x366px
I have not played since 1.4.
What is the short version of what has changed?

I should also note I started in 1.4 so any references to stuff before that will be lost on me.
>>
File: IMG_1566.jpg (177KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1566.jpg
177KB, 1200x630px
Pretty fun. A good, large step in the right direction, but there is still a ways to go.
>>
>>375798343
>global food.
oh thank fuck.
>species rights
funny they are promoting an expansion of things that already exist as something new.
Still that is a damm good image. thanks anon.

One of these days I am going to download a bunch of old versions so I can experience how it changed over time.

the unrest mechanics sound like there is a risk of them getting real annoying but I will just have to wait and see how well they implemented it.
>>
Unrest and factions are super easy to manage. They add a really nice flavor to the game, though.

They changed how pop ethos works, and now you can even change your governing ethics if you have at least 20% pops with that ethos.
>>
Modding scene is great. I still don't feel like it's quite there Vanilla-wise, but Utopia was a step in the right direction.
>>
>>375798718
>you can even change your governing ethics if you have at least 20% pops with that ethos.
That seems like the scrubs way out.
Also I just found the dev diary archives. I am gonna give a read through all those, Including pre release.
>>
File: stellaris.jpg (219KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
stellaris.jpg
219KB, 600x450px
>>
>>375799717
huh?
>>
federations are the absolute most AIDS and the next update better fix
>>
>>375800879
I just wish the a.i made more use of the fleet.
>>
File: 1473113019233.png (6KB, 372x159px) Image search: [Google]
1473113019233.png
6KB, 372x159px
>>375798136
Who gives a fuck about Shitlaris? Fix Goy4 already, Paracucks
>>
>>375798784
Modding scene sucks. Alphamod isn't developed anymore, and the mod by Victoria's PDM guy is also dead, so we won't even have a terrible mod to laugh at
>>
>>375801007
I had tried making a federation unity build where i make a federation to get unity bonuses from diplomacy tree
fucking dickhead partner decided to build a colony right next to a militant isolationist empire and ignore his warning
sure enough he goes to war with us, but ignores his empire and sends his 30k stacks straight into mine destroying my fleet instantly fucking my cities and destroying a ton my my space stations, and I couldn't make peace with them because lel only main defender can make demands, and the fucking shithead seemed to refuse to, letting me get dicked on. fucking stupid game.
>>
>>375802071
Dang.
>>
Can you automate survey ships yet?
>>
>>375802502
Yes. It is called research the fucking technology you mong.
>>
>>375802502
Yes but they ignore research special things. So its a small annoyance. I had 6 of them going with ALOT of science cheats and upgrades to find stuff and went and came back and had like 11 of those in my quest log.
>>
>>375798585
>One of these days I am going to download a bunch of old versions so I can experience how it changed over time.

Wow,

That's so autistic.

This is actually kind of incredible. Like, I seriously don't mean this in a disparaging way or something- just trying to give an objective observation. That is probably one of the most autistic things I've ever read.
>>
>>375801457
Shut your face.

I just downloaded a couple mods that add space elevators, orbital ship yards, doubles the available traditions, gives my ruler a tech tree of his own, overhauls the combat system and adds superweapon techs, and gives me access to fleet models straight out of 40k.
>>
>>375802071
Coupdn't you have booted him the fuck out of the federation?

I mean, starting a war with a fallen empire seems a bootable offense.
>>
>>375803370
You must be new here
>>
>>375799040
Ok sitting down to read these dev diarys I am already mad
>When the decision to make a space game was finally made by the powers that be, I wrote two different design outlines, and the one that would eventually become Stellaris was chosen (no, I will not tell you what the other one was!)
What was the other one dammit. what was the other one
>>
>>375804078
Nobody knows
>>
Is spamming lots of tiny ships still stronger than using any big ones?
>>
>>375803370
You know I do think I read somewhere that in an earlier version corvettes had a completely different purpose
>>
My game devolved into three huge federations that wouldn't go to war with one another with every single solar system claimed. My federation partners would agree with me to go to war.
>>
>>375805843
I believe the best overall is to spam Cruisers with 1 Kenetic Artillery and a bunch of medium plasma, but naturally you're best off also using some PD somewhere.

Although some factions and crisis enemies will heavily use one type of ship or defence and you should tailor your fleet when you deal with them.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.