[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I git g̶u̶d̶ hiscores in this game? Any pro tips? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: Bayonetta_box_artwork.png (149KB, 250x283px) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta_box_artwork.png
149KB, 250x283px
How do I git g̶u̶d̶ hiscores in this game?
Any pro tips? I know about dodge offset.
>>
Use wicked wave attacks regularly, if you don't use them in about 5 hits your attacks will give much less score
Shoot shit with your gun or hold taunt if you're not attacking so the multiplier won't reset
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXl6XSEnLPY&index=2&list=PLQeKbtsCa950sgzUWWrxLBQbDk_zpUhfB
>>
>>375797682
>dodge offset
hold there bucko

first you need to learn more basic skills and only then go further with offset and high points scoring

You need to learn to dodge each and every attack, train yourself so that it becomes reflex for you to press RT when you even hear the sound effect or see a bling of the tip of the spear.

Each enemy has many different attacks with their telegraphed patterns. Learn them.

After you learned not to getting hit, ever then you can actually start to begin your path to git gud.

Then you learn moves -- your PKPs, your PPPKKKs and PPKKKs and just as important special movies (upwards
and downward flying kicks, 360 kicks, teleport, tetsuzanko, locked-on tetsuzanko etc).

Holding your buttons and what this actually does is important.

Then you learn how to weave in defensive actions through your attack string so that you can reach deeper hits with harder hitting wicked weaves.

Then you learn new weapons and differences they bring wit their own hold effects and wicked weave properties.

Then you beat Normal and game kicks your ass on Hard.

Then you beat Hard and game gives you Non-Stop Infinite Climax.

And that's where real Bayonetta begins and you will have to relearn the game from grounds up.
>>
>oh ho what a day
>>
>>375798381
Are short combos that give faster access to wicked weave attacks better? Or should I go for longer combos? From what I gathered from the in-game tutorial messages is that longer combos have higher damage.

Is there any point in ever using the dedicated gun button, when I can just hold the attack buttons during combos to shoot?

Speaking of which, should I go for shooting mid combos as much as possible, or should I go for faster chains and reserve the extended attacks for the times when I need to use dodge offset?
>>
>>375798587
>your PKPs, your PPPKKKs and PPKKKs
Btw, are there any penalties for using the same combo as long as you don't get hit? Or do I have to chain different ones to get more points, like in DMC? Can I just pick, say, three favorites and do only those?
>>
>>375798698
Spamming short combos like PKP might kill them too fast and not give enough points, i usually go for PPKP (launcher finisher) into a After Burner kick and doing whatever i feel like in the air, experiment with whatever you feel comfortable but keep an eyes on the score board to make sure your attacks ain't doing 1 points of damage and stuff
And yes, do hold the button when attacking
>>
>>375798698
>Is there any point in ever using the dedicated gun button
There are not many reasons to use dedicated shoot button and just holding buttons is always better.

However shooting with the gun can be used as lock-on of sorts, though same can be said to gunfire from holding the buttons and even taunting also locks-on, and also you know actual lock-on also locks-on.

If you have sword that can't hit too far (even with AoE attack) you might need to shoot from afar to keep combo from dying.

> Or should I go for longer combos?
Always go for longer combos -- it's the sole reason why dodge offset was invented -- so that you can actually reach deeper hits in attack string even with dodging in between.

PPKKK is the most efficient attack string in the game because for 5 hits in produces 2 wicked weaves.

Being deep in attack string also gives additional bonus charge bombs with durga weapons are stronger the deeper you are.
>>
>>375799061
>1 points of damage
I mean, 1 point, the number has nothing to do with the damage
>>
>>375798842
>Btw, are there any penalties for using the same combo as long as you don't get hit?
Unlike DMC, Bayo generally care as much about your moves variation so spam the same attack string away.

TECHNICALLY there is a penalty that applies if you repeat same move however it reset each time you:

1. produce a wicked weave
2. do special move (360 kick, afterburner kick -- anything)
3. some other shit i don't care to remember

and this ^ happens basically every other second so that penalty is largely moot and never actually activates unless isolated cases (gunchucks)
>>
>>375799364
Okay, thanks. This is a little weird, because almost every combo has at least one weaked weave attack in it. So the penalty virtually never even takes effect.
>>
>>375797682
>g̶u̶d̶

The fuck happened here?
>>
>>375799506
It does if you don't finish your combos, and that's where Dodge Offset comes into play
>>
>>375799506
> This is a little weird, because almost every combo has at least one weaked weave attack in it. So the penalty virtually never even takes effect
exactly. it's kinda retarded.

why it's even there to begin with -- just some vestigial tradition from DMC -- it just doesn't work

Gun nunchucks fall under it's effect because they have retardedly long strings with with wicked weaves coming out only after 20+ hits.

There are also special guns that don't produce wicked weaves ever (and you might have to use them once in a while at NSIC to reach needed combo points without killing frail angels too fast with overpowered weaves) but even with them you just do a special move once in a while and penalty resets.
>>
>>375799657
Oh, and another thing. What about all the special stuff, like torture attacks, items and accessories and all that other magic stuff? So far I've been just doing torture attacks the moment I see the button prompt pop up, but I guess that's not the most efficient way to use them.
>>
>>375799795
Tortures attacks give the most points when angel is on the brink of death so it's beneficial to activate it only when it has like 3% of hp left.

+ bonus if inside witch time
+ bonus if angel is enraged

You can also activate TA as panic option if the enemy has too much armour (knight, dog) and you just want it to die asap.

> accessories
Mostly gimmicks, however Moon of Mahaa Kalaa gives you a parry (royal guard) move that you activate by jerking left stick into incoming attack.

Also Angel weapons actually bring the most points.

Generally high scoring strategy is to wear bracelet that makes all enemies enraged at all times + never to break your string in verses maximising your combo modifier to 9.9. and further + activate TAs at the last moment + use angel weapons for disgusting amounts of points
>>
>>375800113
Are TAs a guaranteed instant kill on any enemy regardless of their health? Like takedowns in BamHam.
>Moon of Mahaa Kalaa
Yeah, I've seen there are quite a few achievements associated with this one particular accessory.
Do you not get any penalties for using them, unlike consumables?
>>
>>375800280
>>375800280
>Are TAs a guaranteed instant kill on any enemy regardless of their health?
No. TAs do a lot of damage but it's not necessarily a kill -- this is important inside "Do X TAs to complete" alfheims -- if TA doesn't kill an angel -- it doesn't count.

Weaker angels die in one TA but it cuts only around 50% of Knights' and dogs' health.
>>
>>375800113
Btw, what does taunt/enrage does to enemies? In MGR it made their attacks do chip damage through guarding IIRC. Does it have any special effect in this game? Or does it just make enemies hit harder and/or faster?
>>
>>375800694
enraged enemies are denser and heavier, have more hit resistance and dmg resistance and are more aggressive
>>
Alright, thanks for the help. As you can tell I'm not very good at this kind of games. When it comes to action games I'm more of a reactive player, i.e. I mostly stay on defensive and capitalize on the enemy openings, parry etc. Coming up with all sorts of crazy combos while juggling enemies in mid-air isn't my strong point.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.