[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Lego Interactive create something like Minecraft?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Why didn't Lego Interactive create something like Minecraft? I think they misunderestimated how hardcore games for kids can be.
>>
>>375788759
>what is Lego Worlds
Years late, thats what.
>>
>lego worlds
>>
>>375788759
Because they are jews
The way they see it, if they create an actual lego game where you can do anything you could with real lego then no one would buy the actual lego
for them they see it as more profitable to use games to advertise their various sets and shit
>>
>>375788979
Yeah, I meant why didn't they do it way earlier, either before Minecraft or just as Minecraft was gaining popularity. I always thought that Lego and roguelikes or console-style dungeon crawlers were a marriage made in heaven. They could have made one even if they couldn't invent Minecraft's shtick.
>>
>>375789365
Really? I think it could be the opposite: an opportunity to sell Lego on a massive scale, and not just to kids. There is an obvious business model: "click hear to order what you've built in the game". Imagine if Minecraft had a "3D Print" button. Kids (and grown-ups) would absolutely click the shit out it, at least until it got old and they would click it only occasionally. It would still be better for Lego's business than just selling a game or a game + DLC, because the game wouldn't just be an ad for their blocks, it would directly sell them.
>>
>>375788759
>misunderestimated
That's not how you do words.
>>
>>375788759
>Why didn't Lego Interactive create something like Minecraft?
They already have that market covered in the real world, they've currently done the smart thing and expanded into areas that Lego doesn't really belong, but they made it their own. So they're not just a building block brand anymore.

Even if they did do Minecraft before it got big, it'd not have taken off in the same way, look at Infaminer for proof of that, Minecraft got big because of a multitude of converging accidents and lucky breaks. I mean look at Minecraft now, it's still garbage, but it sells like hotcakes, quality had no baring in it's success.
>>
>>375789876
Are you too young to remember George W. Bush?
>>
>>375789365
This.
Gamesworkshop does the same with Warhammer 40k.
They will never make a tabletop game.
>>
>>375789818
*click here
>>
>building with the exhaust pipes backwards to make them look like machine guns
>>
>>375790324
Imagine a LEGO Carmageddon game.
>>
>>375789818
That actually sounds pretty cool. Id buy a 3d printed paperweight depicting a big vertical slice of minecraft
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.