[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made a thread earlier on how good this game was The tank sections

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

I made a thread earlier on how good this game was

The tank sections are always tedious shit

But the rest is really good.
>>
>>375779079
kys
>>
i loved the first 2, i still need to finish this one. i barely started it
>>
hows the pc port coming along?
>>
>>375779079
:^)
>>
Oh look, it's another game I don't have time for because I'm a wage slave.
>>
>>375779310
Yeah, is it still shit?
>>
>>375779079
>The tank sections are always tedious shit
Wow, so the majority of the game is tedious shit. Sounds great.
>>
>>375779510
It hasn't been shit for a significant amount of time, it was fixed a few months after release, I think? But yeah it was abysmal on release.

Not only fully playable now which is weird that that's a plus but whatever but it actually runs like a charm for me, looks really nice and plays well. Best Arkham game, gameplay-wise.
>>
Having no boss battles really left this game underwhelming. The combat feels really under utilized for how amazing it feels and the fun batmobile chase sections are outweighed by the tank battles
>>
The side """"""quests"""""" are mind-numbingly boring and repetitive.
>do the same thing a dozen times to unlock le ebin cutscene of you arresting a villain
>fly around the city looking for towers, firefighters etc.
>riddler races
>>
>>375779616
Wow I hope it doesn't become the majority like you say
>>
>>375779079
OP, the tank sections were more than tedious. They cut the gameplay loop required for open world games. The second you started enjoying yourself and your progress Rocksteady thought it would be best to have you do another mandatory tank battle.

I got really close to finishing it, but Jesus Christ, making a third of this game a goddamn tank shooter killed any enjoyment for me.
>>
City>Knight>Asylum

Never played Origins
>>
>>375779710
They should have at least had you fight Arkham Knight one on one in a fist fight to end it. The tank boss battle with him was too impersonal even with the radio chatter, they needed to be punching each other.
>>
The tank sections were really fun after they introduce every single enemy type and you get all your equipment. Having a dozen choppers, drones, and lock-on missles, dodging it all while still trying for critical attacks.
Too bad it takes forever for it to get good, the first 2/3 of the game you're stuck only fighting simple drones.
>>
>>375779079

>The tank sections are always tedious shit

Not really, they make a fun shooter. The problem is that they don't fit in a Batman game.
>>
>>375779771
>Always just chase firefly
>Was expecting the final time for firefly to stop running and for Batman to fight him head-on
>Nope, the same chase scene as the previous missions

>Two face
>Predator mode
>They gave him no specials like Deadshot had in A:O
>Most people took out two face without even realizing it was him

It's kind of embarrassing when your side studio showed you up on boss battles and make you look like an amateur in that department.
>>
>>375779705
Are the babes sexy? Are the DLC where you play as the sexy babes worth it?
>>
>>375781009
They should have just had the bat mobile for chase scenes, which were cool when they happened, and getting around the city. Or for taking the assault to people.
>>
>>375780248
You would think with how emotionally broken the Arkham Knight was and with what lengths he went to kill batman it would take a fist fight before he would ultimately give up rather than throwing in the towel after batman shouts in his face a few times
>>
>>375779079
Arkham Knight got a lot a criticism when it first released but as time goes on, more and more people are giving it praise. A lot of folks were disappointed that the Arkham Knight was Red Hood because it was obvious to anyone whose read a Batman comic, but that's likely the fault of the marketing along with the writers'. It's the 'Bioshock 2' of the Arkham games for sure.

Conversely, Origins has only gotten worse.
>>
>>375781374
Catwoman looks the best she's ever looked in the series (or possibly in a game period).
Ivy looks weird.
Harley looks decent enough.
>>
>>375781621
>but that's likely the fault of the marketing along with the writers
>Guys this is totally gonna be a new original character!
Still funny.
>>
>>375780023
It was honestly more like 45% Batmobile. It's just that a lot of the Batmobile stuff was actually fun but unfortunately that never sticks out as much as a drawn-out fight sequence.
>>
>>375781657
I heard Batgirl was great. Is her DLC worth it?
>>
>>375781374
The DLCs are all too short to really make a good impression. I felt like Harley's had potential, seeing how she can't stealth KO and it really changes up the predator mode, but still it ends just as you're getting into it.

Batgirl is the only DLC with some substance, unfortunately she literally is a gimped Batman and thus just makes you wish you had Batman's full move set.

The girls are sexy though, they didn't skimp on that.
>>
>>375780032
For me it's

Asylum>Knight>City

Personally I just didn't enjoy the way 'City' was structured and how it's story unfolded. The ending was honestly one of the best Batman/Joker sequences in any media period but beyond that, I just couldn't get into the narrative.

The Mr. Freeze fight though is easily the best boss battle in the series, maybe any series. It's incredible.
>>
>>375781712
It was pretty ridiculous when they said it and it's ridiculous now; Literally the only defense for him not being Red Hood was that sentence
>>
>>375781223

In my opinion, that's how a bossfight agains Two Face should be. He's just another man, like his thugs. Rocksteady did it right.

Same goes for Deadshot. The bossfight in City is better: he kills you with one shot as he's supposed to. In Origins, he is just a thug with a health bar.

Firefly and Bane are indeed better in Origins, tho.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.