[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Game is about fighting aliens oppressing humanity >All

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Half-Life_2_cover.jpg (67KB, 300x428px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_2_cover.jpg
67KB, 300x428px
>Game is about fighting aliens oppressing humanity
>All aliens from the first game are cut except headcrabs and alien slaves
>Alien slaves are turned into nu-vorts and don't fight you anyway
>90% of enemies are humans
>Final boss is a human
I thought I was playing a sequel to Half Life, not Call of Duty.
>>
The gunships and striders are actually living alien organisms.
>>
>>375777304
>375777304▶
>The gunships and striders are actually living alien
Okay, 89% of what you fight are humans.
>>
>>375777192
b8

sage
>>
>>375777548
Isn't bait. Why did they get rid of all the aliens from HL1 and replace them with SMG-touting humans?
>>
>>375777777
>>
>>375777901
They completely re-wrote the script from the ground up halfway through development. The original script had a lot more to do with the alien-ness of the Combine.

I have no idea why they re-wrote the script.
>>
>>375778843
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-21-the-boy-who-stole-half-life-2-article
>>
>>375777192
>the combine are human
???
>>
> wanting rehash of old enemies

????
>>
>>375777192
>>375777901
Why spend manpower to police a conquered species when you can force that species to police itself? Episode 2 introduced Advisors, I can only assume that more aliens would be re-introduced as Gordan dismantled more and more of the combine's control
>>
>>375777192
These guys aren't completely humans tho.
And if they would've followed the beta and finished it, the game would have been way better
>>
>>375779742
The combine aren't human, but literally everything you fight allied with the combat is human apart from a very few striders/gunships.
>>
>>375783338
It must have been too long since I've played it because aside from the zombies I don't remember a single human enemy that had allied with the combine

or is this a joke that I'm just fucking up
>>
Valve hasn't made anything good since the first half life
Half life 2 was mediocre and was a mess
It could have been a true sequel with aliums but nooooo
some autist at valve had to rewrite the entire game because someone leaked an early build
>>
>>375783338
The only human enemies you fight are the Civil Protection.
All of the combine overwatch that are installed on Earth are transhuman and are severely augmented.
>>
File: Untitlewrwerwed.png (273KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitlewrwerwed.png
273KB, 600x600px
>>375784369
Not the elite protection units :^)
>>
>>375784369
>Is a human
>Acts like a human
>Shoots human weapons
>"lol this is an alien because he has a robot arm underneath his suit or something"
yeah okay
>>
File: maxresdefault.png (83KB, 174x189px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.png
83KB, 174x189px
>>375784993
I never said they were aliens. I just said they weren't human and that they were something more.
also
>shitting on the lore this hard
Go play Black Mesa then you turbonerd.
>>
>>375777192
are there any good mods for this? I mean singleplayer combat mods.
>>
>>375785157
Forget about the lore for a second. Reskinning humans and writing them off as some interesting alien soldiers doesn't make them interesting alien soldiers. They're fucking marines with SMGs. At least Half Life 1 had a diverse cast of aliens that weren't backseat to the marines.
>>
>>375784184
The Combine that you fight in HL2 are Humans who have agreed to help the Combine for better benefits. Eventually they are augmented into transhumans that form the Overwatch. They're turning humans into a fighting force just like they've done to several other species of Aliens. Examples of these are Striders, Gunships and Headcrabs that they use as a bio-weapon in headcrab canisters.
>>
>>375785402
>Reskinning humans and writing them off as some interesting alien soldiers doesn't make them interesting alien soldiers.
I'll give you that one. But I think the whole idea behind the Combine is alien enough for me. It's fascinating that the Combine were able to get the human race to enslave themselves. They're definitely better in Episode 2 though when the more alien aspects of the combine shine through
>>
File: 1493441622904.jpg (14KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
1493441622904.jpg
14KB, 400x273px
hes right you know

in hl2 you fight all the people who sold out
>>
>>375785561
my bad I guess, missed that completely.
>>
>>375783338
>The combine aren't human
b8 desu
>>
The aliens are cut and you fight mostly humans because that's the story.
>>
>>375785846
They aren't human. My point is you don't fight any "real" combine except a couple striders and gunships. Their entire infantry is made up of humans.
>>
>>375784340
i unironically agree
every mod they bought they made worse with a retail version
>>
>>375777192
Half-life 2 is an utter borefest.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.