[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that FF1 sucks - no matter the version - and that saying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: ff1 nes.jpg (94KB, 640x877px) Image search: [Google]
ff1 nes.jpg
94KB, 640x877px
Reminder that FF1 sucks - no matter the version - and that saying "it's a classic" doesn't mean shit. You are a shit person misleading people if you recommend this trash. I honestly think this game is poison for introducing virginal JRPG fans, cause if I wasn't a seasoned vet this whole genre would have been turned off to me.

>Play Final Fantasy on the NES
>"Oh, this sucks"
>Read about the remakes
>Play the FF1 remake on GBA
>"Oh this still sucks"
>People say to try the PSP remake
>Try it
>"Oh this is the exact same fucking trash as the GBA version."

/v/ has the worst taste imaginable if they think the PSP version is some marked improvement over the GBA/NES versions. Recommending a bad Final Fantasy game is retarded, especially when there are quality SNES JRPGs that one could be playing like Bahamut Lagoon or Glory of Heracles 3

But you know what's stupid about people that defend Final Fantasy 1? They're also the same kind of people that would shit on Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for its insultingly simplistic design and plot.

Oh, and why can't a Thief steal shit?
>>
but that white mage pussy
>>
>>375771978
Come back when you're 18 kid
>>
>>375771978
that's a goat cover though
>>
oh boy it's this copypasta again.
>>
>>375772112
this tbhfam
Is it a difficult concept to work with?
>>
>>375771978
Actually anon, you should try the PS1 version. It's the best one
>>
>>375771978
Been a while since I've seen this pasta.
>>
Is there any other game other than FF1 and 3 that used tiered magic?

I quite like it over the traditional MP system
>>
File: warrior of light.png (392KB, 1099x897px) Image search: [Google]
warrior of light.png
392KB, 1099x897px
>being this wrong on the internet
>>
No pre-1990s RPG are good.
>>
>>375771978
It's still better than FF2.
>>
>>375772421
None of the crappy PS1 ports are the best version of their respective game. Not 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, or CT.
>>
File: Mobius_Wol_Hot_Spring.png (93KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Mobius_Wol_Hot_Spring.png
93KB, 240x240px
>>375772459
>tfw Mobius rewrote him to out emo every FF protag
>>
>>375772553
I have to admit that I loved the story and characters of FF2, despite the game itself being something of a turd in terms of mechanics.

You weren't the chosen ones. You weren't special. You were a group of young adults who lost everything to an insane tyrant who sold his soul for power. None of that destiny or prophecy bullshit. You got things done through your own willpower. Firion was a great main protag.
>>
It's been a while since I've seen this pasta
>>
>>375773219
Plus Firion works with the mentally handicapped. What a great guy.
>>
File: Final Fantasy II_001.png (6KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy II_001.png
6KB, 256x240px
>>375774378
Don't talk shit about Guy. He speaks beaver, you know.
>>
>>375772454
are you restricting it to final fantasy titles, or are you asking about any game?
>>
>>375774378
Guy may have had mental issues, but that fucker was strong. Gave him magic that didn't rely on intelligence to support the group and just let him punch everything to death. Worked out great.
>>
>>375772792

FF1 WoL, FFMobius WoL, and FF14 WoL are not the same person.
>>
>>375771978
ah stale old pasta, how I missed you

FF1 is still better than FF15. :)
>>
>>375772454
That's pretty much the traditional D&D system, except they usually use prepared spells instead. It's remarkably close to 3E's spontaneous spellcasting, though.
>>
So why does it suck OP?
>>
>>375775738
Garland knocked him down.
>>
>>375775848
I legit smiled, thank you anon
>>
File: latest-4.jpg (129KB, 703x1000px) Image search: [Google]
latest-4.jpg
129KB, 703x1000px
>>375774796
>>375775002
He also has some of the most hilarious Amano art. Yang is up there too.
>>
>>375776056
He's like a retarded fat kid who wears clothes that are far to small for him, but that tard strength will fuck you up.

Also, can communicate with beavers.
>>
We know already. Why make a thread about it OP?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.