[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you do not buy this game (as in go to the store/eshop to legally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png (1MB, 798x730px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png
1MB, 798x730px
If you do not buy this game (as in go to the store/eshop to legally exchange this game for your local currency) later this month, you have no right to complain when the next game is Fates 2: Electric Boogaloo.
>>
Even with my hacked 3DS I won't play such a shitty franchise.
>>
>>375768314
should i play this if i have never played a fire emblem game before?
>>
Don't forget to advertise conquest in hope that it might catch up with the others someday
>>
something something It isn't stealing something something never planned on getting it anyway.
>>
>Fates 2
More like Awakening 2, Fates being worse made Awakeningfags even more cocky and now Awakening is considered a crown jewel of Fire Emblem.
>>
Not touching it until I know it's not censored.

I don't trust Nintendo anymore.
>>
>>375769673
There's nothing to censor.
>>
>>375769673
Thankfully they weren't dumb enough to give the localization job to the fucks at Treehouse this time. I doubt there will be censorship in this one.
>>
>>375769507
Fates is better though.
>>
>>375768314
what if i buy it in june
>>
>>375769804
Don't underestimate them.
>>
>>375769967
It was worse in the areas new fans deem most important.
>>
>>375769201
You probably shouldn't if you're thinking about playing other FE games, Gaiden/Echoes is too different from every other FE to make it a starting game IMO. Good starting points would be the GBA games, Awakening, and maybe Path of Radiance.
>>
>>375769967
It's true, Conquest actually has some tension in its gameplay and balances pair up a lot better. It's a step in the right direction at least.
The story is "worse" in Fates than Awakening, but they both still feel equally worthless, so I don't consider it much of a point.
I just hope we can get some good world building and base conversations n' shit again, it's the biggest thing we're missing.
>>
File: Isuna.jpg (678KB, 4022x4500px) Image search: [Google]
Isuna.jpg
678KB, 4022x4500px
>>375769958
I hope they learned from all the shit Fates got, by the time they realized how fucking retarded the translation was, it was probably too late to hand the translation job to a competent team, was going to get the special edition if my amazon renewall went through but I haven't seen shit about it, would go under if i tried to perorder it now, there is also EO on the way
>>
If they've forced in waifufaggotry to the degree of Awakening, I'm not buying shit.
>>
>>375768314
>next game is Fates 2: Electric Boogaloo.
We get good gameplay again? Thank fuck, I hope they don't repeat the mistake that was Echoes.
>>
It's going to sell gangbusters, don't kid yourself.
>>
Will I get NoA's "seal of excellence and quality localization"?
>>
Don't worry, the game has some nice DLC for classes as well. Only this time they're 3rd and 4th tier promotions.

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/miscellaneous/downloadable-content-japan/maps/#s2-1
>>
>>375771640
>4th tier
I know some games had a third tier, but is fourth something entirely new
>>
>>375771857
I guess you could even call them 5th tier, but really the Villagers in this game are more like Trainees.
>>
>>375769958
TMS wasn´t localized by NoA but it still got a shitty localization because NoA was supervising them, if the case is the same in this game, it will get censored.
>>
File: 1492749434550.png (445KB, 550x656px) Image search: [Google]
1492749434550.png
445KB, 550x656px
>>375769673
no censorship related things were reported
but there won't be dual audio (again)
hopefully you can mute the voices of the shitty american dub even in cutscenes
fates dub was horrible that i just turned off the sound for animated cutscenes
>>
>>375768314
>THEY DID NOT FIX THE SHITTY MAPS FROM GAIDEN
How about fuck you, OP.
>>
>>375768314
I bought the Japanese limited edition and I've been having a blast. Mission accomplished on my end, OP.
>>
>>375772551
>they should butcher the maps and pretend it's a remaaster
I'd take a shitty translation from treehouse over this
>>
Awakening is the only Fire Emblems game I played but I really enjoyed it (didn't finish it though as I don't have my own 3DS). Would I like this game?
>>
>>375772719
>butcher the maps
Can't butcher something that's already shit.
>>
>>375772831
Yes, if you've ever enjoyed an FE game you'll probably like this one.
>>
>>375771159
It bombed in Japan so probably not.
>>
Getting the LE and amiibos
>>
>>375773009
I've been considering getting a 3DS for a while. I kinda want to get a better paying job first, though. Or at least one where I make tips again.
>>
>>375771000
There's no self insert if that's what you're asking and characters already have pre-determined ships.
>>
Already got the limited edition on pre-order bossman.
>>
>>375773061
forgot when it releases, wanted to pick up the LE and the amiibos, but I'm probably going to hold off on the amiibos for a couple of weeks depending on how much I make next check because I wanted EO as well
>>
>>375771640
>Spartan
>Yaksha
>Elephant
pretty cool desu
>>
File: SmugCain.png (88KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
SmugCain.png
88KB, 5000x5000px
>>375770351
>tfw Conquest's story is so bad it starts to become comical and I actually enjoy it a lot more than Awakening's as a result
>>
>>375768314
No. IS is gonna put all that garbage in the Switch game regardless. Besides, Fates pretty much ruined the FE for me.

I think I'm done with this series with the exception of getting Warriors. I don't know much about those types of games but if it has a story, it can't be worse than Fates'. Maybe I can enjoy some of Fates' characters without some of the idiocy that was in those games.
>>
>>375772551
This is a major deal breaker for me. Map design is FE's most important aspect and yet they decided to keep the outright awful maps from the original with barely any changes to them. I'm largely considering getting it only out of interest for some of the more interesting shit they've done to fine tune the game instead. (Dungeon crawling, town explanation and the like.)
>>
>>375773737
I seriously can't understand you people. Conquest has some of the best gameplay in the series, yet the plot being bad ruins the entire series for you. I doubt you like the series in the first place.
>>
>>375773557
>>tfw Conquest's story is so bad it starts to become comical and I actually enjoy it a lot more than Awakening's as a result
As someone who never played any of the Routes in Fates, can you explain to me what this meme is? Or is it really bad?
>>
>>375774337
the plot in fates really is that much of a mess, it was never a meme
>>
>>375774081
It wasn't just the story. There was a bunch of smaller things that irritated me so much. If it was just a bad story, I could overlook that.

I can only speak for Conquest, but gameplay and music were fantastic. It's just everything else made the experience very unpleasant for me.
>>
>>375774337
The characters are wildly inconsistent, and tend to act in ways no one would ever act.
The self-insert protagonist in particular acts in a way that is completely unrelatable.
>>
>>375774589
not to mention he goes full retard in conquest
>>
>>375774337
The games are just poorly written. With the MC and her blue-haired cousin being retards and the villains are cartoonishly evil.
>>
>>375769958
>>375772253
Atlus did #FE, and 8-4 is localizing this. They censored Xenoblade X, for the record.

Basically you can't trust anyone when NoA is involved. Treehouse is the worst, but the higher ups still strong-arm outsourced companies.
>>
>>375773826
Honestly, as jank as the maps are it works out fine considering Gaiden's mechanic and how differently it plays from other FEs. Yeah there are some really shit ones but all the QoL changes and improvements make it way more bearable.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.