[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bought a PS4 Slim >Fell for the Uncharted 4 meme >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 17

File: u4 is a blast.jpg (510KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
u4 is a blast.jpg
510KB, 1920x1080px
>Bought a PS4 Slim
>Fell for the Uncharted 4 meme
> unironically had a blast from beginning to end
>Gonna buy the Nathan Drake Collection

I don't get it /v/ why aren't we allowed to like this game? It's fun and the multiplayer is a blast.
>>
>>375767209
Its a PlayStation exclusive so its unconditionally horrible.
>>
>>375767209
4 had the best gameplay of the series by far. And older ones weren't nearly as good which led to preconceived biases. And also it'll be good to know that the Uncharted collection revamped the gameplay of the older ones to make them a lot better. Turn the difficulty way up and it's fun shit
>>
>>375767209
>good games on anything but a Nintendo console
>on /v/intendogaf
lol, try again shill.
>>
>>375767613
4 has way too much climbing and padding. 2 is best
>>
>>375767209
its from the fact that the franchise started in PS3 - despite recreating a very refreshing arcade gun and run with Indiana jones / tomb raider context - it still is on the piece of shit that was PS3 at the time.

U2 is pure kino
>>
>>375767209
>I don't get it /v/ why aren't we allowed to like this game?

But it's not a game in the first place
>>
Anything Sony makes /v/ have a fucking her]art attack, especially when their doing the best this gen. It sends /v/tards into a blind rage.
>>
>>375767209
Played through the first three here; completed 1-2 100%, working on completing 3 before moving on to 4, which I haven't touched yet.

The gameplay's somewhat mediocre, and its faults really shine in harder difficulties like Crushing and Brutal. Plus I don't blame people for calling it mainly a movie broken up by small gameplay sections.

It's not great, and the people who say it is cause spergs to say it's complete dogshit. It's only alright.
>>
>>375767209
Because it's exclusive. People love to call it a movie game because it isn't open world or some shit, but they're fun
>>
>>375768714
>Plus I don't blame people for calling it mainly a movie broken up by small gameplay sections
If you think that now just wait until you get to 4.
>>
>>375767285
>>375767781
>>375768513
>>375768853
You fags and your persecution complex, lmao

Bloodborne, Gravity Rush, and other actual games get almost nothing but praise here.

Most of us just don't like mostly-automated cinematic experiences. That just happens to be what Sony churns out a lot of.
>>
>>375767209
I think Uncharted 4 was better than the previous games, except for the whole black woman did no wrong thing. Not exactly what I would buy a console for. Played it at a friend's house. Loved the ending fight.
>>
>you enjoy movies

congrats. The most hand-holding game I have ever played, goddamn
>>
>>375769014
Shit. I was hoping it would at least have as much gameplay sections as one of the trilogy games.

Ratio wise, how bad we talking here? 30% gameplay / 70% cutscenes and faffing about?
>>
File: five not alivenos.webm (3MB, 542x268px) Image search: [Google]
five not alivenos.webm
3MB, 542x268px
>>375767209
Even if you feel that way about U4, going back to the trilogy isn't necessary unless you really care about the characters for some reason. Keep in mind however that playing the originals will diminish your feelings on parts of U4.

But yeah, at least the multiplayer is great.
>>
3 > 4 = 2 > 1 > Golden Abyss

Prove me wrong
>>
File: syatte_mizugi_0002.jpg (89KB, 412x592px) Image search: [Google]
syatte_mizugi_0002.jpg
89KB, 412x592px
>>375768714
Protip: don't play it like a Gears of War clone.

Play it like a madman Vanquish. Run to the enemies, shooting them at the same time, jump punch them to the fucking face and air grab that shotty, then blast the enemy beside you. then slide then throw a gas tank then shoot it while in the air

if you play it the boring way, it is gonna be boring.
>>
File: 1370171012696.jpg (103KB, 400x358px) Image search: [Google]
1370171012696.jpg
103KB, 400x358px
>caring what /v/ thinks about a game
>>
>>375770415
This. Especially 4 has such good combat, that is sadly vastly underused and ignored by the majority of the playerbase in favour of playing it like a safe cover shooter.
>>
>>375770415

that applies to every other cover shooter, most allow you to run and gun in some respect if you try hard enough

and they're still shit, because they have no level design to speak of, boring guns, boring enemies and little for your mistakes since you still have that sweet regenerating health to fall back on

uncharted takes all that and makes you sit though what might as well be a walking simulator between each mediocre firefight since the platforming is so fake and easy
>>
File: 1463980777881.webm (388KB, 282x342px) Image search: [Google]
1463980777881.webm
388KB, 282x342px
>>375770415
Like he said though, the problems are apparent on Crushing and Brutal. Clearly the Vanquish way is the intended way to play on easy- why else would there be so many combat options- but you'll die immediately trying to do that on the highest difficulties.
>>
>>375767209
4 was the worst one. Compared to the other games the "gameplay" feels like an after thought. Also the core adventure and Sam were lesser, contradictory, and drawn out.
>>
>>375767209
They are NOT bad. It would be a bit of an overstatement. But they were overrated by press like always and in consequence by Sonybros who then constantly shilled them about everywhere.

It's just my opinion but I think Uncharted games are as nice as good old mid/late-90's american action movie. You had a good time watching it and you'll probably forget everything about it as soon as you'll get home.

They are interesting from a narrative and visual perspective. They are extremely well rendered for console games (you can tell Naughty Dog is obsessed with small visual details) and generally most panoramas are diverse and beautiful. The narrative is paced like a movie with lots of cinematics, dialogues are litteraly indiana jones tier, big explosions, huge ships upside down (that moment was awesome in U3)... It's full of life.

The problem is the actual gameplay. From a gaming point of view Uncharted are extremely poor. The TPS sequences are very bland compared to other real TPS and most guns feedback is "meh" at most. Also they can be WAAAAAY too long (the end of U3 is insufferable) and break the rhythm of the adventure. The platforming part is just classic AssCreed "oh yeah everything is automatic just push your stick, don't worry though the wall will probably break behind you but it's scripted and you'll have a QTE".

U2 is probably the best Uncharted because its rhythm is well balanced and maintain the illusion till the end. Once you realize the gameplay is just an excuse these games get boring very quickly. They are flashy (the car passage in U4 is insane) but they lack a gameplay interesting enough to say that they are great as games.

I actually liked U2 and U4. But I'm more the gameplay school. So when I think of my best moment in Gears of War, I remember me running from my cover under a rain of bullets to the first Locust in sight to eviscerates him with my chainsaw. For U4 it would be when I was on the islands with my bro just chillin...
>>
>>375770415
You never played on crushing have you?
>>
>>375771017
no, because a lot of TPS Gears of War clone have slow movement. disallowing you to play fast.

Uncharted, while slower than Vanquish, has fast movement, open spaces, and lots of areas and environment you can use to your advantage.
>>
>>375770615
This
Ppl here have pretty bad taste
>>
>>375769298
m8 can we not act like /v/ doesn't have it's tongue comfortably fucking ensconced in nintendos ring

and no, i play on a toaster
>>
>>375771530
>no, because a lot of TPS Gears of War clone have slow movement. disallowing you to play fast.

most have a sprint button

even gears itself has the wallbounce

>Uncharted, while slower than Vanquish, has fast movement, open spaces, and lots of areas and environment you can use to your advantage.

yeah the corridors are bigger and you get a dodge roll, fucking radical
>>
Would you ever replay it?

If the answer is yes, would you ever replay it more than one time?

I'm not saying, "would you play this game in several years and still enjoy it".

No as in, when you finished it, did you feel like starting it up again and going through another playthrough? No? Then its a bad game. Period.

Uncharted 2 is still the best though. But fuck Naughty Dog
>>
>>375772356
>sprint button still slower than the default Uncharted jogging speed.

>not quickly climbing a column then swandiving punch an enemy, not rolling into enemies and stumbling them, not even being an acrobatic killing machine.
Not my fault you play like a spineless ninny and take cover every single time there's an enemy
>>
File: 1463029165017.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463029165017.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
>>375767209
as someone who liked the PS3 Uncharted games, i actually thought Uncharted 4 was a step down.
the combat is amazing, however there is barely any of it.
i swear it's
>30% cutscenes
>40% climbing and exploring (without enemies)
>5% puzzles
>25% combat
it feels very uneven, the climbing is REALLY dragging the game down especially if you played 2 and 3 that have the same "No Danger" combat.
>>
File: lara51.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lara51.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I had a lot more with RotTR than with Uncharted 4.

I don't know why I couldn't get into it but maybe I just don't like Naughty Dogs childish writing.
>>
The multiplayer is extremely underrated.

Very very fun MP.

Mostly because of the verticality and the amazing animation making everything look so smooth
>>
>>375769298
>y-you have a persecution complex!

You cant post masterpieces like Persona 5 or Nier without pcretards spewing their toxic contrarian shitposts. You're what's wrong with the board. By the way never ever
>>
>>375772851

>dude just hop around lmao (hope u didnt turn the difficulty up ROLF)

like fuck man, it's cool you're impressed by this shit, but games like crysis (and the shitty but still better than uncharted sequels) did this 100 times better a fucking decade ago

not to mention you didn't have to spend an hour holding forward between each firefight
>>
I'm with you OP. Just because they're easy doesn't mean they're not enjoyable. /v/ just likes to look at a game's fanbase and make their decision on that. If a game is popular with "normies," /v/ hates it.

Just be aware that Uncharted 1 is the worst of the series. 4 is good, better than 3 but not better than 2.
>>
>>375772592
I've replayed U4 twice. The story is among the best in the series, even if the gameplay falls a little short compared to 2.
>>
>>375773435
>implying Crysis isn't 90% stealth camouflage and 10% hiding in bushes when the stealth runs out.
>>
File: 04eb609a8ea7dcb0138c2a5713c51ec3.jpg (334KB, 1266x684px) Image search: [Google]
04eb609a8ea7dcb0138c2a5713c51ec3.jpg
334KB, 1266x684px
>>375773645
see this post >>375772986
that anon is 100% right. there is just too much climbing shit where you cant even fail. the devs know these parts are piss easy and boring which is why have these scripted "THAT SHIT ALMOST BROKE, YOU ALMOST FELL BRO" sequences.
>>
File: Cinematic gameplay.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Cinematic gameplay.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>375773645

there's easy and there's "literally impossible to fail unless you actively try to fail while fooling you that you're in peril by random crap crumble around you"
>>
>>375773836
To be fair, Tomb Raider is much worse in this regard. With Uncharted, there's at least a chance you'll be overwhelmed or outsmarted by enemies.
>>
File: 1375984563033.jpg (103KB, 480x768px) Image search: [Google]
1375984563033.jpg
103KB, 480x768px
>>375772986
Especially when the pacing of it is so fucked up, yeah. The first third of the game is entirely exploration (and Crash Bandicoot), then Madagascar which is the best overall section of chapters of the entire series, then another few hours of pure exploring and climbing until you run into enemies on the final island where the game ends with 5 hours of mostly combat.
>>
>>375773948

the fuck are you talking about nigger, it's the same exact fake platforming and the same exact covershooting

one just has quips and one has moans
>>
>>375767209
>Bought a PS4 Slim
>Fell for the Uncharted meme
>Buy the Nathan Drake collection for cheap second hand
>Puzzle solutions are spelled out for you
>Combat is generic yet crammed down your throat
>Writing with enough quips to make Marvel look like a Snyder movie
>Drake says he doesn't like murder while committing a genocide in each game
>Zero actual adventure
The franchise is absolute fucking trash, holy shit. Some of the set pieces were clever and pretty to look at, but if graphics alone was what sold these games then it's fucking sad.

I wasn't the biggest fan of TLoU but the two franchises feel like day and night.
>>
File: 800px-Starbucks.jpg (97KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Starbucks.jpg
97KB, 800x600px
>>375773146
I've said this before but I haven't the slightest clue why PC and Nintendo fans pretend to like one another, when in reality they should loathe each other.

I know why they pretend to like one another. They collectively hate Sony, but these two groups should not gel. PC is always the first to steal Nintendo games, yet Nintendo fags on /v/ turn a blind eye to this because PCfats hate Sony for their exclusives. Fuck, they can't even successfully emulate PS2 games, and that console is damn near 20 years old. "Breath of the Wild" on Cem U should be the biggest middle finger to Nintendo fans, but they refuse to call out the PCfats.

Like a parasite whose reliant on its host. PC will continue to drain Nintendo and suck away potential sales.
>>
File: 1471517530393.jpg (103KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471517530393.jpg
103KB, 678x960px
>>375774196
>he's not an idort
Peasants like you always amuse me.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>375767209
They got rid of the counter Melee system and now the shooting feels more complicated than it should be. It's a downgrade in all honesty.
>>
>>375774196
Nintendo and PC aren't underdogs mind you. Sony isn't even the say all be all. They've been struggling for over a decade financially. People need to stop with this brand loyalty shit either way, it's fucking cancerous to think multi-million dollar conglomerates give a damn about you.
>>
>>375774196
PC gamer here. I don't like Nintendo. I prefer Sony games. Nintendo are pathetic they try to hind behind any platform because their platform is so weak.
>>
>>375767209
what the fuck are you talking about "allowed"?
like whatever you want why the fuck would you condition your taste around what some faggot underages who are only here from twitch/reddit to shitpost endlessly and get epik new memes for their home shitholes
>>
I feel like 2 props up the whole series (although I haven't played 4 yet).
1 is just really average and 3 is okay but it messes up the pacing that 2 had down to perfection
U1: 5/10
U2: 9/10
U3: 7/10
>>
>>375774196
>steal games from another system
this console fag logic is why people hate you sonybros.
>>
File: 1493302152319.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493302152319.webm
3MB, 640x480px
U4 has the best gameplay and it's story is pretty good as well, but the fact that Sam never gets his commupance for potentially bringing his own brother (who is FUCKING MARRIED AND MAY EVEN HAVE A KID SOON) on a death march with him really rubbed me the wrong way.
>>
>just beat U2 remastered on crushing
aww yiss
any tips for U3 crushing?
>>
>>375774196
Nintendofags are still buttblasted for 20 years that PS1 got FF7 and they have to settle for Quest 64.
>>
>>375775108
Could be wrong but I remember 3 being much easier than 2
>>
File: NEVER EVER.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>375774196
Such a low for drones to go just to bring down the king.
>>
>>375774852
Everyday until you accept it.
>>
>>375773146
>Nier
>Never ever

Cute falseflag
>>
>>375774603
PC gamer here, I only like Nintendo games. They're the only guys still making console games instead of trying to put PC genres on console, to abominable effect.

Also Nintendo games have a level of attention to detail, polish, and love poured into them that cranked-out AAA Sony experiences can't come close to matching.
>>
File: uncanny drake.gif (1MB, 499x276px) Image search: [Google]
uncanny drake.gif
1MB, 499x276px
>>375776959
>Nintendo games have a level of attention to detail, polish, and love poured into them that cranked-out AAA Sony experiences can't come close to matching.

You PCfags never seize to amaze me. Switch + PC what could ever touch this combo?
>>
>>375777256
>Seize

And no, I just emulate
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.