[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no marketing, no youtube videos, no shilling anywhere, no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
>no marketing, no youtube videos, no shilling anywhere, no PR, no interview, no nada

>literally made by a tiny studio of chinks and one autist on the other side of the planet

>2 million sales and biggest playerbase after cs go and dota
HOW THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN?
>>
File: 1455821435291.jpg (574KB, 587x978px) Image search: [Google]
1455821435291.jpg
574KB, 587x978px
Fills a niche.
Fills it well enough.

Also, paying streamers to play it all weekend during the beta is definitely marketing.
>>
Twitch normalfags watching people paid to play it and going out and buying it.
>no marketing
hah
>>
File: Capture.png (103KB, 733x610px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
103KB, 733x610px
>>375762637
It's good and streamers like it and showcase it enough to push sales
>>
>no marketing, no youtube videos, no shilling anywhere, no PR, no interview, no nada

Best joke I ever heard
>>
>>375762754
>paying streamers to play it all weekend during the beta is definitely marketing

Any evidence there, chump?

Twitch streamers dont have the viewers to get a game to 2 million sales anyway.
>>
>>375762637
>No marketing, no youtube, no shilling
Its like you dont know what twitch fucking is. Its all that and more, dev's gave 'alpha' (Aka free fucking keys) to tons of fucking streamers a week before the game came out and bam, profit.

Games okay with friends, solo is kinda meh. But it should be good its this guys third time making the same game and selling it.
>>
>>375762637
>no marketing, no youtube videos, no shilling anywhere
says the marketing shill
>>
Honestly I decided to try it out. It's really enjoyable in either triples or quads. Alone it's absolutely insufferable.

The only reason people would think it is bad is if they play alone. Why would you play a game meant for squad tactics alone unless you don't have friends to play with?
>>
>>375763058
How the fuck do you have friends to play with you?

I don't have any friends who really play much videogames, let alone own a gaming PC.
>>
>>375762895
You don't understand viral marketing then
>>
>>375762895
The last beta weekend, streamers wouldn't put youtube videos up, or anything other than PUBG on screen.

That feels like a contract to me.
>>
Is that THE Playerunkown, the well known playerunkown from the arma community that literally invented the Battle Royale genre?
>>
>>375762637
>find simple gimmick that people will eat up
>get backing and limit scope to reduce development cost
>pass it out to le epic stream memers
>???
>rake in profit like notch on a coke bender
>>
>>375762637
Perfect example of a good idea that no one had gotten right before this. Everyone /wanted/ a battle royale game, this was just the first one that was actually a GOOD battle royale game.
>>
>>375763469
yeah

outsourced this to chinks who probably asset ripped from some other game to cash in

smart guy honestly
>>
How is this different from dayz

I hear it doesn't even run well
>>
>>375763976
pretty much instant action is the biggest difference
rounds last max around 30 minutes and many end a lot faster
>>
>>375763976
It doesn't waste your fucking time.
>>
>>375762637
Streamers did the marketing for them far better than any game "reviewer" could have done. The audience watches the streamer play and "enjoy" himself and then in turn the viewer may or may not decide to get the game. TL:DR, Twitch is the way to market your game now.
>>
>>375763976
Wouldn't H1Z1 be a better comparison?
>>
>>375764974

>youtube is dying
>a lot of people are jumping onto streams and getting crazy amount of viewers and subs (andy milonakis has like 2500+ subs in a month of streaming or so)
>people don't see review sites as often
>watch twitch streamers play them for hours instead

Twitch owners must be jizzing in their pants right now with all the new surge of people.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.