[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get the Nintendo Switch or wait for the 2ds XL. Which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
Should I get the Nintendo Switch or wait for the 2ds XL. Which is future proof? Which is funner?
>>
Switch is definitely the future for Nintendo but I'd wait to get one. It has a lot of problems and barely any games right now anyway
>>
>>375762009
Get a Switch this Holiday
>>
I do really like the switch as a console but the ds is getting more games this year and firdt quarter next year fo sho
>>
>>375762009
New 3DS XL+R4 and CFW
>>
File: 2ds-xl.jpg (16KB, 800x459px) Image search: [Google]
2ds-xl.jpg
16KB, 800x459px
>>375762130

What do you think the chances are of 2ds XL getting more games in the future?
>>
>>375762278
>>
>>375762130
Problems?
The only credible problem is the joycon issue
>>
>>375762278
>>375762369

100%
They aren't going to leave 65 million users money behind just yet.
I would say 2 more years
>>
>>375762252
This but just get a small n3ds instead.
>>
>>375762278
It will have a few at this next E3 I'm sure. After that, jack shit
>>
>>375762537
I've had the bending problem twice
I'm not giving it a third try, I'll wait for them to fix it. It's clearly some kind of shitty metal they're using for the frame

>>375762278
3DS's library is basically complete. It's not getting anymore worthwhile games
>>
>>375762771
Thats because you are bending it.
The chip does not get hot enough.
It does not get past 45c under load
>>
>>375762946
>Thats because you are bending it.
I have used it exclusively in docked mode.
I think anyone who hasn't had the problem is using it in handheld mode, since it does run cooler in handheld mode. Play BotW for 6 hours in docked mode and then put it on a flat table
>>
>>375762771

Fuck I hoped the bending problem only happened to tiny percentage of purchases
>>
>>375763072
Not me bro docked mostly and have no problem. I have played botw for 10.
So I am not inclined to believe you.
>>
>>375762009
I'd get the Switch, but closer to the holiday season

No point of a new 2DS XL when you can get a new 3DS XL for cheap on Craigslist
>>
>>375763269
>I have played botw for 10
You've played for 10 hours..?
>>
>>375762009
Do you want to play MH and free games or do you want a console that don't have anything but zelda.

Give the switch some time to get some games and play 2/3DS instead, the portable might not be strong but it is surprisingly good.
>>
>>375763476
Straight you fuck.
I had 105 within the first month
>>
>>375763487
This is stupid logic.
Not buying the switch won't get it more games.
Buying the switch gets it more games
>>
>>375763648
You might just not notice the slight curve or it's super cold in your house or where you live

I'm convinced it's a build defect

I can't take a picture of my first unit but I could photograph the one I'm about to return if you want me to. Though there's plenty of reports online about this already. It seems by far the most reported problem after the joycon issue (which I have not had, btw)
>>
>>375763803
No i went and laid it on a flat surface soon as I hear about it. There was nothing.
I have no reason to think the bends are from the heat
>>
I just bought a new 2ds for 79$ a few months ago and hacked it. No way I'm buying this new 2ds shit.
>>
>>375763974
Well the thing I've noticed is that my dock is also slightly curved. So it might the case that a curve in the dock will transfer to the tablet. Because I did not note whether the dock was bent when I first got it, or if it became bent because of the heat

Regardless they've measured the temps of the console in docked mode and you're wrong about 45C, the core gets as hot as 65C. If you're going by shockwave's video he did not get an accurate core temperature because he couldn't get the diode directly on the core
>>
>>375762009
Get a new 2ds XL once it's confirmed hackable, install cfw, and either get a flash cart or wait until nds roms are supported
Then get a PC and a PS4
>>
>>375764250
I don't think your dock logic makes sense.

It stayed low at the video I saw. I will watch again to make sure. Either way that's still not enough to warp the metal inside
>>
>>375763796
no u
one person buying a switch isn't going to sway the decisions of Nintendo executives
marginal utility is undeniably better today going the 2/3DS route
>>
>>375764263
>or wait until nds roms are supported
Only retards will put DS games on the main 3ds card.
While DS games are small there's a lot of good ones that will eat into your 3ds storage pretty quick
>>
>>375764401
>Either way that's still not enough to warp the metal inside
It is if it's a shitty alloy. And yes, if the dock itself is putting pressure to bend the Switch, the Switch will obviously bend in that direction especially when it gets hot
>>
>>375764481
I am clearly not just talking about one person you dumb cunt.
I am talking about that general attitude that waiting for games actually gets games. Console sales gets games
>>
>>375764517
only retards would do that right now because you can't run retail roms on twl
>>
>>375764518
But the dock does not bend In that direction.
Thats the part that makes no sense
>>
>>375764791
>t. switch owner with lmao0games
>>
>>375762278
You're going to be getting half-hearted scraps like Hey! Pikmin from here on out. The Switch is going to be the main focus for Nintendo before you know it and you'll end up regretting your 3DS purchase when that happens.
>>
>>375762009
Well they have totally different game libraries so that's your call
3DS/2DS will probably get games through the end of next year then it's done while Switch has like 5 years ahead of it
>>
>>375764791
See the context idiot, we are in a small thread in a small board in a somewhat small website and the recommendations are for 1 (one) anon, don't overthink stuff, if this anon don't buy a switch it won't mean the end for the console and instead that anon will be able to enjoy a wide variety of game while the switch get some new ones.
>>
>>375765080
I have several actually
>>
>>375765347
Kek
>>
>>375765312
I was speaking in general the entire time.
I was just talking to one person.

I am sorry you are slow
>>
>>375765347
how many copies of zelda do you have?
>>
>>375765782
Who needs more than one?
>>
>>375762278
It might be getting a few more games here and there but don't expect any more big releases.
>>
>>375763803
not him but I live in georgia where its warm most of the time and I'm somewhat poor so I don't keep the air conditioning on during the day. I have 110 hours on botw and have played for longer than 10 hours and have no bending issues
>>
>>375766067
(You), if not, what else you play that is worth a damn? because zelda is the only good one and the rest are shovelware.
>>
>>375763110
It did. There is a reason there are only 2 images of it actually happening
>>
Other than not having 3D features, what is the point of the 2DS XL over the current 3DS XL models?

I know it will ship with 11.4 or 11.5 by then but we all know those will fall just like the "unhackable" 11.2 11.3.

I just want the Switch to get hacked already.

When will 2DS XL get released?
>>
>>375767029
Mk8, puyo tetris, fast rmx, Mr shifty, and I plan on getting a few more like snipperclips and Jack box.
Who knows what else The eshop has tons of stuff
Its not my fault you are ignorant as to what is available.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.