[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Biggest Nintendo system launch ever >Biggest video game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1493715434073s.jpg (4KB, 250x166px) Image search: [Google]
1493715434073s.jpg
4KB, 250x166px
>Biggest Nintendo system launch ever
>Biggest video game system launch in some countries
>Biggest Zelda launch in franchise history
>Biggest Mario Kart launch in franchise history
>Best selling Bomberman game of all time
>200,000 NeoGeo games sold on the eShop
>Already 200k+ pre-order for Splatoon 2 in Japan
>Puyo Puyo Tetris sold most on Switch than any other system
>Square Enix, Koei Tecmo and Capcom all stated at their financial briefings that they have made their in-house multiplat engine fully compatible for Switch

I thought you guys said this system was a certain total failure?
>>
>>375758798
You posted this same exact thread earlier.
>>
I'm only interested in like two games or so.
I'm gonna wait for the homebrew tho, emulators on that shit would be neat.
>>
>release small shitty games 1 or two at a time every couple of weeks with just 1 triple AAA title

actually a genius move for nintendo, knowing all their fans would buy them cause nothing else to play

im sure there's also an element of "if they'll play (rebuy) mario kart they'll fucking play anything" to it
>>
>>375758798
It's going to come to a complete stop within the next few weeks and they are going to crash hard. These numbers mean nothing. Pii U sold 10 million units at launch and was impossible to find for a whole year and now look at it. Nintendo lost the console wars with the GameCube and is gone. You can't come back from gone. The Wii doesn't count, it was lightning in a bottle. By the way I just came back from five wal marts, two targets and a GameStop in a big popular city in the US and they had tons of Switches for sale. Nintendo has a guaranteed fan base who buys their products at launch plus Nintendo holds back stock to create demand. The honeymoon phase is over. PS4 is where it's at. Call of Duty and Destiny.
>>
Where do you even get a Switch? Nintendo doesn't even make them anymore and resellers all sell them at over $100 the retail price.
>>
File: 1484374501710.png (1MB, 1151x887px) Image search: [Google]
1484374501710.png
1MB, 1151x887px
>>375760162
>you can't come back from gone
>even though Nintendo did just that with the Wii
>b-but the Wii doesn't count!
>>
>>375760162
>Pii U sold 10 million units at launch
But this is completely wrong. Also how the fuck does the Wii not count?
>>
>>375760261
The time to get them is going to be late may/early June after MK8D and before ARMS.
>>
>>375760407
>replying to blatant bait

What is your major malfunction
>>
>>375760649
It was supposed to be sarcasm. I tried to use as many tropes as I could. Wii doesn't count and lightning in a bottle. Wii U sold more than the PS4 LTD at launch therefore switch's numbers are meaningless. Etc
>>
>>375761091
so, do you still think that the Switch will be a failure, or not?
(or were you just trolling, to trigger some hardcore Nintendofans, like me)
>>
>>375758798
The last thread wasn't that good desu
>>
File: 1493077269190.jpg (16KB, 222x260px) Image search: [Google]
1493077269190.jpg
16KB, 222x260px
>>375758798
How are the Neo Geo games? Do they have unlimited credits for stuff like KOF nad Metal Slug? Any extras like art gallery?
>>
>>375762059
I think the switch is going to be a success. I mean it's sold out two months after launch and is selling a 3 year old game like it was new. I wasn't trying to trigger anybody I thought it was far too exagerrated to believe
>>
>>375763485
ok,
to be honest, I am not sure if I should call it a failure, or success
the reaction so far is very positive, but the future, yeah, isn't that bright
(still get a switch, cause I am a filthy nintendofanboy, and I want Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
>>
>>375762608
They're pretty much arcade perfect, but that includes slowdown present in the originals.
They have unlimited credits.
Only extras are like timed score attack modes in Metal Slug.
You can only play the arcade versions and not the home versions which means you can't play as bosses in some fighting games and other things like that.
>>
Never played a single bomberman game in my life. Is that a selling point for some people? Am I missing out?
>>
>>375764370
Just bought Metal Slug 3. Are there big differences in japanese/English version? I notice there are two options to play Japanese and English version of the game.
>>
>>375763738
Why wouldn't the future be bright? Do you think Nintendo is just going to stop making games for it after all the ones they've announced so far? Do you think third party will ignore it forever? Japanese third party is already on board. Western third party is a question mark but they won't avoid it if it keeps selling. I would watch how Skyrim does. Even though its old, if it sells something impressive it might prove to third parties that the switch isn't a dead end for them.

Right now people are skeptical because the future is unknown and the video game industry is hard to predict. Also switch as a hybrid is in unknown territory. But the ones who are skeptical and believe it will drop sharply and swiftly like a rock... that's not going to happen. Drops will be gradual as supply catches up to demand and for this sort of demand that's going to take a few more months. And then it's the holidays and it takes off again.

My question would be when does the skepticism end? I doubt it ends at 10 million. Or 20 million. If the switch sells 25 million in less than two years, there will still be skeptics. "This is barely past GameCube numbers, to be fair we have to wait another two years". We saw it with the Wii and DS. And when sales proved them wrong they remained pessimistic and said "lightning in a bottle, Wii is an anomaly, the audience moved on to smartphones". The Wii was a fad among casuals, true, but haters are going to hate
>>
>>375764863
Can't really find anything about differences between the two versions. Might just be some text.
>>
>>375763485
It's sold out because Nintendo is intentionally undersupplying to create demand. Same shit they do with amiibos.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.