[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fuck is wrong with my economy? Tropico 4. Please help. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 1.jpg (647KB, 1920x1080px)
1.jpg
647KB, 1920x1080px
The fuck is wrong with my economy?

Tropico 4. Please help.
I believe it's the 6th map on the campaign, the one with the rebels. I went agriculture economy instead of tourism.
>>
File: 2.jpg (625KB, 1920x1080px)
2.jpg
625KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 3.jpg (657KB, 1920x1080px)
3.jpg
657KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 4.jpg (646KB, 1920x1080px)
4.jpg
646KB, 1920x1080px
>>375755887
THIS is the real problem and idk how to solve it. My people won't work. I pay them a fuck ton so the job quality is high, make sure there's plenty of housing, still they will not work.
>>
I don't remember that mission so much but I always go economy -> military -> anything else nice
So I'll get salt mines if available and whatever cash crops I can make and go into a factory. I don't mind importing skilled labourers if I'm not able to churn out enough in schools or simply can't afford a school
>>
File: 5.jpg (638KB, 1920x1080px)
5.jpg
638KB, 1920x1080px
>>375755998
I did they. I only expand once I'm making a fuck ton via the farms and industry in this map. About mid-game they all decide to stop working and I don't know why.
>>
>>375755637
>I went with agriculture

There is your biggest error.
>>
>>375756157
Look into where your guys are going then. If they're doing fuck all, block off job openings or raise wages by a dollar to make them more attractive.
Also make sure you actually have people who are educated enough to even work in your factories. But seriously, sugar cane -> rum should make you all the money you need in exports
>>
File: 6.jpg (633KB, 1920x1080px)
6.jpg
633KB, 1920x1080px
>>375756241
The mission forces you to pick agriculture or tourism for this mission. Even if agriculture is actually 100% broken, why the fuck does everyone stop working mid-game? They're happy, they have money, the jobs are great and close by.

It's not just an agriculture meme.
>>
>>375756382
Look at my pics. I'm paying twice what the Caribbean does and they still do fuck all. They just walk around saying "I'm not sure what I should be doing".

They have garages, teamsters, great jobs, great AC homes. The fuck is the problem? This game is frustrating because it's shit at conveying information. I like it otherwise.
>>
>>375756641
Ok but what are your people doing though?
Are they unemployed or working elsewhere?
>>
>>375756773
unemployed. They just walk around all day.
>>
>>375757145
Just restart your island then. Something's fucked up because you have 0 unemployed in your third picture.
>>
>>375757307
Ok. I have my game open, select a couple random citizens and it says they're unemployed. Fuck.
>>
>>375755887
You should build an immigration office and open your borders, as you have that many open positions and need to expand your workforce. You should keep the average pay way lower than that. Use wage as a tool to move your workforce around where needed, for example you want to pay builders a bit more in order to fill up the positions in the construction office to keep the construction process quick.

If you want respect and happiness you should do that through edicts such as tax cuts and social security in order to keep spendings at a more steady pace.

Also try to reduce imports, you can usually produce most of the stuff you need for industry yourself.

You also have a lot of open space in your island it seems. Try to keep it central as tropicans want to live close to their work place. Tropicans also move very slowly so always try to keep a garage close by.

Sugar farms along with a rum factory is a surefire way to earn lots of money quickly.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>375757531
Yeah I don't know what the issue is.
You might actually be too poor to pay your workers which is why everyone is unemployed. I just did a quick play of it and I'm already turning a profit by year 3
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.