[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was MGSV so soft on the taboo themes? There's a torture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: BB.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BB.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Why was MGSV so soft on the taboo themes? There's a torture and brainwashing room and it's used in Huey's cutscenes and behind the scenes after you fulton men, but you can't even interact with it in gameplay. It should be just another unit you can assign people to and send people to. You should be able to denounce traitors like Huey and propagandize your men so they're unified by a common enemy who doesn't even exist (ala Cipher, Goldstein). Kaz should be making up lies and fabricating evidence against Huey and Venom shouldn't step in and stop it like a little faggot. Ocelot calls you Big Brother of the battlefield, but then you stop the Two Minutes Hate against Huey. What the fuck? You can't kill kids or send them into the battlefield either even though that's literally what one of them asks for. Fucking hell, man. Where's my 1984 game?
>>
File: ijustcantdeal.png (242KB, 372x279px) Image search: [Google]
ijustcantdeal.png
242KB, 372x279px
Chapter 3 had a shitload of taboo themes. Didn't you notice?
>>
>Child soldiers
>Not taboo
>>
>>375747369
You feel it too, don't you? The game we lost, the series I've lost... It just won't stop hurting.
>>
>>375747968
>rescuing them and teaching them to read
>not soft
>>
>>375748137
anyone else a little glad this game was a massive disappointment? it taught me some valuable lessons about life. lessons i still hold to this day because of it
>>
>>375748137
This is why i'm happy MGS is dead.
The fanbase is nothing but a bunch of melodramatic, cringeworthy neckbeards.
>>
>>375747369
What I wonder is why did you get hype when Kojima has never made a single decent story.

>Where's my 1984 game?
What the fuck?
The videogame industry has yet to give a single example of decent writing, and you expect this to come from a talentless hack built of ripping off countless movies and books?
Are you fucking brain damaged?
>>
File: 1471111976547.jpg (694KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1471111976547.jpg
694KB, 3840x2160px
>MGS is dead
>Mass Effect is dead
>Deus Ex is dead
>last entries of these series sucked dick
Best timeline.
>>
>>375748625

MGSV was ripping off 1984 anyway. It should've just ripped it off in a more straightforward way. Huey should've been forced to confess things you know he didn't do and it should've been on every speaker and telescreen on Mother Base.
>>
>>375747369
>MGSV
Who gives a fuck?
The game was shit, and forgettable, part of a shit franchise.
Why did you make this thread?
>>
>>375747369
Is MGSV your first MGS game? They're all full of shallow, poorly explored drivel.
>>
File: 1452645572378.png (221KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
1452645572378.png
221KB, 635x457px
>>375748137
>>
>>375748625
>The videogame industry has yet to give a single example of decent writing
There are tonnes of games with decent writing. Do you mean literary masterpieces?
>>
>>375748845
>MGSV was ripping off 1984 anyway
How, exactly?
Because it took place in 1984?
Fucking nothing of this game pointed at anything, it was a shit story that lead nowhere and all the characters were terribly written, much like every single character in this franchise.
It's pure schlock, it's superhero movie-tier garbage, and you expect this to be ''deep'' because MGS2 predicted muh SJWs even though we've had studies telling that for years, which is probably what Kojima ripped off?
>>
>>375748137
I KNOW, I FEEL A LE PHANTOM PAIN FROM LE CUT CONTENT ;________________;
>>
>>375749017
No, there are games like Deus Ex which bother paying some attention to the plot compared to things like Call of Duty, but they are still schlock.
>>
>>375749021
>it references 1984 directly, by name, multiple times
>diamond dogs is an album that was written about 1984
>the game is set in 1984
>you're outright called big brother, and cipher is outright called big brother
>controlling language is a huge element of the story
>you're engaged in perpetual war, hatred of the enemy and hero worship even though it's all based on lies
>you have a room 101 for brainwashing and torture
>there's a two minutes hate against huey
>you literally rule with an iron fist
>everything is recorded
>doublethink is used

>>375749202
Deus Ex isn't that bad, but it's not great. I wouldn't use it as an example of decent writing. I'd use games like Shadow of the Colossus, Bloodborne, Journey, The Last of Us, Silent Hill 2, etc.

>they're shlock

ok I guess 99.99% of things are shlock because apparently any cliche element or pulp disqualifies a game from being considered "decent", only 00.01% of things are "decent" and everything else is TERRIBLE
>>
>>375750032
>The Last of Us
>literally yet another zombie story using the surrogate daughter trope
>you unironically like the videogame equivalent of a summer action blockbuster
How come you didn't eat up MGSV then?
>>
>>375750032
So, what I get from this is that Kojima wanted to reference 1984 for no reason at all, and he failed spectacularly because, as always, he instead ripped off plot elements.
It's fucking embarassing, it's like when he literally calls you Ahab.
>>
>>375750216
it wasn't really a zombie story, there were zombies in it, but it was really a character drama. in the part that mattered it was not very cliche either, Joel and Ellie have a fascinating relationship and you don't see ones like it all over the place

>>375750313
presumably he wanted to reference 1984 because it would be a good way to show the downfall of big boss, like the trailers alluded to, but we didn't get that story and all the taboo 1984 esque shit is vaguely implied and then contradicted. you can say MGS is shit all you want, but despite the stories being over-written they're usually pretty focused thematically, like the gene theme in MGS1 is absolutely everywhere
>>
>>375748770
All the series of mass effect sucked
>>
bump tell me your theories about why MGSV ended up a weird story about a decoy boss and vocal cord parasites instead of the story that was necessary and everyone wanted
>>
"what a mess we made when it all went wrong"

is this referring to the development of MGSV? from the trailer song "nuclear"
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.