[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 31

File: 0a83f5766d00c7714f3cfcd73058d511.jpg (105KB, 736x1006px) Image search: [Google]
0a83f5766d00c7714f3cfcd73058d511.jpg
105KB, 736x1006px
Keep in mind, a lot of this is work in progress, specific details can change. Blizzard is currently planning to announce this at a roleplaying convention in Germany later this month. Playable versions will be available for Gamescom and Blizzcon later this year.

- New level cap 120
- Necromancer Hero Class (Every race)
- Starts at level 108
- Range class
- Wears cloth
- 3 specs
- Torment, DPS, very similar to Warlock, usual spellcaster, using a lot of Shadow Magic, summoning skeleton armies
- Soulstealer, healer, that heals by „stealing the souls“ of the enemies, siphoning life from them to heal party members
- Boneweaver, tank, summons a huge skeleton that serves as a tank
- New Alliance race: Vrykul
- Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight, Druid, Monk, Priest, Necromancer, Hunter, Shaman
– Everything except Mage, Rogue, Warlock and Demon Hunter
- New Horde race: Ogre
- Warrior, Death Knight, Priest, Necromancer, Mage, Warlock, Hunter, Shaman
– Everything except Druid, Rogue, Paladin, Monk and Demon Hunter
- New class race combinations
- Pandaren Death Knights, Night Elf Paladins, Draenei Warlocks, Draenei Rogues
- Main villain is the Scourge, but also Naga and Old Gods
- Death Knight and Demon Hunter starter level raised to 108
- New starting zone for Necromancers, Death Knights share it
- Starting zone is a phased Icecrown Citadel
- Continent is a revamped Northrend
- All old zones are revamped and 5 new zones added, plus 2 starter areas for new races
- Azjol-Nerub, underground zone that spans from Dragonblight to Icecrown
- Ny'alotha, island raised from the sea floor, old god influence
- Nazjatar, capital of the Naga, underwater zone
- Frostmaw, snowy area with heavy Scourge influence
- Asgard, titan-influenced zone
- Vyllenheim, Vrykul starting area
- Mag'rall, Ogre starting area
>>
>>375739682
- Old Northrend zones scale from level 70-120
- New Northrend zones scale from level 110-120
- Dalaran capital again, will move with us
- Order halls carry over, portals are in Dalaran
- Artifact weapons carry over, every spec gets a questline for a new artifact skin
- Aside from that no new class Quests, as that took up too many resources that could've been spent in a better way
- Revamped Ulduar as a 5 man dungeon in a patch planned, Yogg-Saron is back
- World Quests in Northrend, old and new zones
- Flying available in all old zones, but has to be unlocked in the new ones
- Old revamped zones redesigned with flying in mind
- Switch between old and new Northrend zones

Story details

There is a questline planned to be in the Argus patch, that involves a hooded figure, largely hinted at to be Kel'thuzad, who wants you to recover an artifact called the Soulblade of Sargeras, a pillar of creation. This artifact has control over souls and undeath, it is what Sargeras uses to resurrect his demons and it is what Kil'jaeden used to create the Lich King.

Another questline is taking place on Azeroth, where the player (Alliance only) is finding a grave in Stormwind empty. The grave has a Lordaeron symbol on it and is largely hinted to have been Arthas' grave,
>>
>>375739786
Similar to the cutscene with Gul'dan discovering Illidan, there will be a short cutscene that ties the expansions together. The cutscene is still in development, but I have seen the art for it, currently it is planned that you see Kel'thuzad and undead forces, Death Knights etc., approaching the top of Icecrown Citadel, standing in front of Bolvar, Kel'thuzad uses the Soulblade of Sargeras to tear Bolvar's spirit from his body, his body turns to ash and crumbles, the crown falling to the floor. Immediately the Death Knights carry in something, that's covered up in sheets. They lay it on the floor and remove the sheets to reveal Arthas' body. Kel'thuzad puts the crown on Arthas head and uses the Soulblade of Sargeras to summon the soul of Arthas, putting it back into his body. The camera focusses on Arthas face, you can see it twitching and then his eyes spring open, glowing blue, like back when he first became the Lich King. That's where the cinematic ends.

- Old zones completely changed
- Borean Tundra: flooded by the Naga, barely any undead there
- Dragonblight: Dragonflights struggling, losing to the Scourge, undead dragons roam the area
- Howling Fjord: old Vrykul and Alliance and Horde bases overtaken by Scourge
- Grizzly Hills: wolf cult joined the Scourge, led by Arugal
- Sholazar Basin: Titan-forged that slumbered beneath the land have awakened
- Zul'Drak: undead Drakkari trolls try to resurrect their Loa, fighting against the Scourge
- Storm Peaks: Odyn has moved in to the Terrace of the Makers, Twilight's Hammer wants to resurrect Yogg-Saron
- Icecrown: the Scourge has fortified their strongholds, more Scourge presence here than ever
- Wintergrasp: new world PvP zone, two Ethereal cartels are battling over resources here
- Crystalsong Forest: very minor changes, zone remains mainly the same, not a lot of quests will lead here
- Currently 10 new dungeons planned
>>
Just let it fucking die.
>>
>>375739682
Go post your fanfiction somewhere else.
>>
File: 1391036571022.jpg (101KB, 475x401px) Image search: [Google]
1391036571022.jpg
101KB, 475x401px
>>375739682
could you stop, please
it's not even funny anymore
>>
File: 1474330255472.jpg (213KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1474330255472.jpg
213KB, 555x555px
It's too early for an announcement.
>>
>>375739876
- Azjol-Nerub and Ahn'Kahet revamped
- Abyssal Maw, Naga dungeon.
- Gun'drak Palace, completely new wing
- Utgarde Catacombs, completely new wing
- The Lower Kingdom, Caverns of Time dungeon, guide Arthas through Azjol-Nerub
- Frosthold, Scourge dungeon in Frostmaw
- The Underblight, Scourge dungeon in Frostmaw
- Halls of Ascension, dungeon in Asgard.
- Shubrathyyl, dungeon in Ny'alotha.
- First raid is The Black Forest, endboss N'zoth
- Second raid is a flying necropolis called Xalramas, endboss Leonas Menethil
- Leonas is the son of Calia Menethil
- Similar in style to Naxxramas, but completely new designed.
- Caverns of Time battleground: Battle at Icecrown Citadel, help Arthas or help Illidan claim all the obelisks
- Azshara planned to be the boss of the second raid tier
- Azshara threw in her lot with the old gods
- Naga have been on their side for millenia, haven't been loyal to Illidan or the Legion
- Azshara wanted N'zoth to be her mate, so she will be avenging his death
- Third raid tier planned to be a Scourge raid in Frostmaw, endboss not the Lich King, but Kel'thuzad
- Illidan, Calia Menethil, Sylvanas and Anduin will be the main characters in RotLK
- Calia wants to save her son Leonas, who was turned into a Death Knight by Arthas, and put an end to her brother
- Illidan wants to challenge Arthas and prove that he can defeat him
- Sylvanas is infuriated that Arthas is back and wants to put him down again and take his power for herself
- Anduin torn between peace and revenge for Genn, who was killed by Sylvanas
- A big theme in the expansion will be Anduin, as a new Paladin, trying not to go down the same path as Arthas
- New Reputation Factions: Drakkari Trolls, The Nerub'ar, The Frozen Vanguard, Sireth'ka and The Eternals.
- The Frozen Vanguard are an ancient sect of Death Knights not serving the Lich King
- Sireth'ka are a group of Naga
- The Eternals are a group of Titan-forged from beneath Sholazar
>>
>>375740145
The name Return of the Lich King was already trademarked a while ago. Basically Blizzard is trying to focus on lore that people like, that's why they brought Illidan back and since Illidan's return had positive responses, they decided to bring Arthas back, as he is about as popular, if not more than Illidan. The team wanted to revamp Northrend for a long time, it's the teams most favourite content and that of many players as well. The announcement of this will happen soon, so whether you believe me or not, this will soon be made public. Enjoy our trip back to the icy north.
>>
>>375739682
I buy it. Legion was already an expansion filled to the brim with fan service with people wielding ashbringers and child of light illidan so this sounds about right for a followup. Also they can reuse a shit ton of assets from Northrend.

I'm just curious as to what they're going to do with Bolvar who is already the lich king
>>
stupidest shit I've ever heard

brinigng arthas back is stupid

giving alliance 3 new race/class combos isn
t balanced

they said artifacts aren't sticking around

stupid
>>
They said a million times artifact weapons were a Legion Only deal though
>>
okay, allow me to engage hype

hype engaged

lol
>>
>>375741739
This website is 18+.
>>
File: King_Arthas_Menethil.jpg (230KB, 900x1012px) Image search: [Google]
King_Arthas_Menethil.jpg
230KB, 900x1012px
>>375739682
Call me when Jewzard make a remake as how things should have been.
>>
>blizzard has never again touched the San'Layn
>literal immortal dudes that can still kick about well after the Lich King is dead

I'm still mad about this/.
>>
File: KamoshidaIcon2.png (43KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
KamoshidaIcon2.png
43KB, 512x512px
Honestly slaping "necromancer" to something makes me want it regardless of how stupid it is.
>>
I really want to believe this, but got any evidence OP?
>>
So they're basically just death knights but wear cloth?

I really don't want to believe this is real. There's no fucking need for another Lich King expansion.
>>
>>375739682
Even if this is fake , you channel nu-Blizzard spirit nicely.
>>
>>375739682
>pandaren death knights
kek
fucking dropped
>>
>Necromancer
>Vrykul
>Ogre
>new race/class combo
For what purpose?
>Pandaren DK
Now I know that it's 100% fake
>>
>>375744196
You weren't sure if it is fake from the start?
>>
File: 1493386678561.png (422KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493386678561.png
422KB, 600x600px
>>375739682
I hope you copypasted that from the mmo-champion forums or some similar shithole and didn't just make all that up for a shitty "my dad works at blizzard" thread

however
- New Alliance race: Vrykul
I'd totally resub for that.
>>
File: 1486401824159.png (26KB, 642x705px) Image search: [Google]
1486401824159.png
26KB, 642x705px
>get nostalgia for WoW
>resub
>tire of it after a week
>unsub
>repeat forever
>>
>>375745063
>resub
>install few addons
>game no matter what plays like shit on laptop/pc
>get tired after a week
Guess it's only thing that keeps me out of it
>>
>new race AND new class
>same expansion
>five new zones
>two starter areas
>revamp of old zones
They wouldn't be that bold even if it was old Blizzard; certainly not new Blizzard. You could have said something plausible like:

>no new class or race
>new class combinations
>no new zones
>northrend gets a slight revamp; uses the level scaling from so you can level from 70-120 or 110-120 using only northrend
See how much more believable that is?
>>
>>375745063
>quit in WotLK because it was turning into a shitshow
>resub for Legion
>play for a month
>uninstall
>contact support at ask them to terminate my battle.net account
>>
>pandaren and ogre DKs
Lmao
>>
>>375739682

>necromancer hero class

you didn't even try
>>
>Take Warlock class
>Give Glyphs that swap pet models out with undead models
>Necromancer class

Wow that was hard.
>>
>>375746690
ME DEATH KNIGHT, URRRRRR
>>
File: 1491724958252.jpg (56KB, 480x498px) Image search: [Google]
1491724958252.jpg
56KB, 480x498px
Holy shit this is so good to be true.
>>
Just retcon WoW and release Warcraft IV already.
>>
If this actually happens I'm just going to kill myself
>>
>>375749247

See you at Blizzcon my man :^)
>>
>Game engine is barely clinging on as is
>"Let's make a class that summons a bunch of minions!"
>>
>>375739682
You could do literally anything else in the time it took you to write this shit, Holy fuck are you autistic? Anything else, go masturbate, still better use of your time.
>>
>>375749528
What if this is how he masturbates?
>>
>>375739682
There is no way Necromancer will ever be a new class now that Death Knight unholy spec has essentially been revamped into exactly that: they summon multiple undead and can summon multiple varieties of undead. This is a necromancer's core focus, and it's already in the game. Who do you think you're kidding OP?
>>
>>375749854
really makes you think...
>>
>>375749528

This is a good point, and beyond the autism inherently expressed in drafting up an idea for a new WoW expansion. It's not even good, or remotely realistic. It's like an awful fanfiction. The fact that he clearly actually tried and still produced something awful makes it worse.
>>
>>375750203
It's not even the season for the new expansion speculation with bait threads to get (you)s. It's so bad of an attempt, it's baffling.
>>
>>375739786
>- Aside from that no new class Quests, as that took up too many resources that could've been spent in a better way
>Effort isn't something we like to put in for individual classes
Sounds about right
>>
>>375749958
This is clearly fake but I feel like shutting down your rebuttal anyway:

>There is no way Demon Hunter will ever be a new class now that Warlock demonology spec has essentially been revamped into exactly that: they become a demon and everything. This is a Demon Hunter's core focus, and it's already in the game. Who do you think you're kidding OP?
>>
>>375739682
>Vrykul ever joining alliance after sucking Arthas' dick for ultimate power

if anything they'd be sucking Sylvanas' dick for close to the same deal

I can see ogre joining horde since it was literally supposed to be a race in beta and they have actual clans
from my small understanding of wow lore the only "new" race the alliance could even get is High Elves cause even when worgen was added it was just cause they used to be humans but are also vehemently against the undead.

panda are just liasons to each faction that's why they got the in for alliance
horde actually accepts new people in cause they get treated like shit by the alliance
>>
>>375739876
>- Crystalsong Forest: very minor changes, zone remains mainly the same, not a lot of quests will lead here
This I don't believe.
>>
>>375750837
Why the Pandaren are still with the Horde to this day confuses me. They should've all defected to the Alliance after the Siege of Org.
>>
>someone actually spent time typing all this garbage
>>
thats alot of shit typed up for some bullshit op
spend your time better
>>
>>375750769

People actually gave a shit about Demon Hunters. They've been the most requested class for years so they found a way to fit them in. Not that nobody would like necromancer, but it's not an iconic "hero class" or something that has a popular character behind it (at best, Kel'thuzad).
>>
>>375750992
idk
i don't really know the story of why pandaren joined each faction besides to show each faction how to bring order to the world or some shit
i played through the starting zone once but i skipped over a lot
there were like 2 friends and now they are split up or something

the way they make the horde just do backwards ass retarded shit pisses me off from cata onward
>>
>>375740145
>- The Frozen Vanguard are an ancient sect of Death Knights not serving the Lich King
Wasn't there already a group of non loyal DKs?
>>
>>375739682
>- Necromancer Hero Class (Every race)
They just had a Hero Class. Why would they do another Hero Class? A new class sure, and Necromancer I'd welcome, but a HERO class?

Also why would Vykrul join the Alliance? Let alone be Paladins? I'd imagine the Nightborne would be a new Alliance race in the next expansion Also your fanfic doesn't mention any racials.
>>
>>375751218
I dunno, I and a massive number of the people I've talked to really enjoy the idea of a true necromancer, and Kel'Thuzad is bae.
>>
>>375751224
All I remember is that the Pandaren emissary to the Horde was tortured and nearly killed. You find him passed out in the middle of the Valley of Strength where the emissary to the Alliance carries him out crying. Then they stuck with Vol'jin for whatever reason.
>>
>>375751401
Yeah, the player faction. The idea that there could be an ancient sect of DKs is bogus however, because DKs have only existed in any form since the Second War. This was only thirty years ago at most.
>>
This is all well and good but there is zero reason to expect any less than the bare minimum from Blizzard, and this is not the bare minimum.

Would be nice, though. Might actually come back. Too bad Blizzard is out of touch.
>>
>>375751402
Neutral Vrykul that include paladins formerly under Tyr are a large part of Legion. The Vrykul were under Skovald's yoke and the Legion's power, but there are plenty that we interact with who are relatively chill. They do however have zero motivation to join either faction but things like that have been contrived before, such as Goblins, Pandaren and Blood Elves.
>>
>>375739682
>Boneweaver, tank, summons a huge skeleton that serves as a tank
How is summoning a big tank NPC supposed to make it a tank role? Do you have any idea how awful it would be for a raid to just leave tanking to a NPC?
>>
File: 1476150631749.jpg (652KB, 2058x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1476150631749.jpg
652KB, 2058x1038px
>>375751218
>>375751437

I love Kel'thuzad don't get me wrong, but he was a necro for like a third of the human campaign and has been a lich since. He's also not nearly as popular as Arthas or Illidan. It's not that I wouldn't think a necro is cool, necros were my favorite WC3 unit, but DKs encapsulate pretty much everything they bring thematically and are much more popular.

to extend; WoW class additions seem to clearly draw from WC3 heroes. The most popular ones (DH and DK) have been added, and many classes are composites of others (e.g. Blademaster and Mountain King went into warrior). The only one that's really completely missing is Tinker (and before, Brewmaster, which then got added). I wouldn't mind a Tinker class at all.
>>
File: 1490097224996.jpg (136KB, 892x666px) Image search: [Google]
1490097224996.jpg
136KB, 892x666px
>>375739682
>Level 108 is random as fuck
>Vrykul and Ogre races make no sense
>Draenei Warlocks? Pandaren DKs? Necromancers as well. It goes against their entire cultures and beliefs
>New storyline and expansion coming out when Legion is still going

At least try, OP. Some of this sounds cool like the necromancer class but there's a ton of unbelievable bullshit.
>>
File: 1469915795863.jpg (29KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
1469915795863.jpg
29KB, 500x399px
>>375739682
>MMOs
>2010+7
>>
>>375751870
I'm not buying any of the OP's bullshit but you should know that TBC and WotLK started at levels 58 and 68, not sure about the later ones.
>>
File: 1404653761966.gif (837KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1404653761966.gif
837KB, 500x375px
You didn't even try to sound convincing.
>>
>>375750769
Demon hunters are defined by their agility, twin glaives and lack of eyes - their ability to transform into a demon has always been secondary at best. There was no way to translate those first three aspects over to one spec for Warlock without drastically changing the class as a whole so it makes sense that they're separate. In the case of unholy, they're literally necromancers in every way - they summon varieties of undead for different situations, they self heal using stolen life, and they make use of ranged spells and debuffs. The warlock class could survive the loss of daemonhood because it ultimately amounted to switching over one ability, whereas, in order to introduce a Necromancer class, you would essentially have to gut Unholy in its entirety. This isn't something Blizzard could feasibly do at this point even if they wanted to.
>>
>>375751870
Don't forget that currently the major plotpoint in Legion is
1. Going to Argus to go on the offensive against the Legion for once.
2. N'zoth might be coming back soon.

Yes from the DK Order Hall storyline it seems to hint that something is kinda fucky with Bolvar, but compared to the above plotpoints, especially the first one, I doubt we'll see anything from Bolvar yet.
>>
>>375751851
I do admit that this expansion idea is retarded and necromancer is a pipe dream at best. The most we can hope for is that Blizzard decides that talents like Gladiator stance were worth the effort, and Unholy gets one that makes them ranged and gives them a fuckload of minions. I feel there's enough grounds there for a full class, and make the split between necromancers and DKs just like they did DH and Warlock.
>>
File: 1464102979134.png (8KB, 520x361px) Image search: [Google]
1464102979134.png
8KB, 520x361px
>all of this
>a WoW addon announced at a no name GERMAN RPG con

some great ideas here and there OP but cmon man
>>
File: 1466466310580.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466466310580.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>375739876
>They lay it on the floor and remove the sheets to reveal Arthas' body.
Of fucking course... I hate Blizzard so goddamn much.
>>
>>375752205
Tell that to survival hunters lmao
>>
>>375739682
>Necromancer
>Not "Lich"

You had one job etc
>>
File: Fucking Meow man.jpg (31KB, 449x546px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Meow man.jpg
31KB, 449x546px
>>375752324
>Actually buying this fanfiction garbage.

Just how gullible is /v/ really?
>>
>>375752473
Lich would be a spec with a transformation if this were real.
>>
How about stop spaming this fanfic garbage of yours and star drinking bleach instead.
>>
>>375752535
You know it WILL eventually happen.
>>
why would the announce it at a rp convention and not at blizzcon?
>>
>>375751537
hoooly shit horde are fucking based
pandafags always btfo
>>
>>375752782
You're retarded.
>>
File: u srs pepe.jpg (40KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
u srs pepe.jpg
40KB, 640x628px
>>375752782
No, we don't. We really don't. Not everything in vidya is doom and gloom.
>>
>No Forsaken paladins.

D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
File: we_be_illin.jpg (94KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
we_be_illin.jpg
94KB, 700x393px
>>375752898
Just embrace it.
>>
File: 1182 - sSI6yWY.jpg (157KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
1182 - sSI6yWY.jpg
157KB, 1533x961px
>>375752956
>Not everything in vidya is doom and gloom.
where the fuck have you been for the last 11 years?
90% of all games are disappointing as fuck
>>
>>375753203
What are you even saying?
>>
File: Heavy birb.jpg (356KB, 621x622px) Image search: [Google]
Heavy birb.jpg
356KB, 621x622px
>>375753280
That's how YOU see it. Far as I see, we're doing just fine. Yeah of course a bad vidya comes out, but that's kinda how a regular year goes now. You get games. Some are good, some are bad, some are GOTY worthy, some are hilarious disasters or blunders. But overall there's always at least good games made by competent people.

The key is to not let one big disaster be your reason to declare all of modern gaming as dead on arrival because it's some popular /v/ meme to do so. Besides, I don't see /v/ really doing alot to stop the "bad things" in the industry.
>>
>>375753375
Are you stupid or something? Blizz was retarded enough to bring back Illidan to life, they will do the same with Arthas.
>>
>>375753674
you're fucking retarded dude leave this place
>>
>>375753375
He thinks because of something not being 110% perfect, that means it's all garbage, and we have to agree with him all the way.
>>
>>375753771
>Blizzdrone in action
>>
>>375739682
This is just shitty enough to be believable.
>>
>>375753674
Yes anon. The problem is we used to have games that were better than "at least good [] by competent people".
>>
The thing is that they will announce the new Addon this year, prolly on Bliizcon

My bet is on old gods
>>
>>375739682
>Alliance getting Vrykul
Fake
and if real Dropped.
>>
>>375739682

I don't understand why people think vrykul are going to be a playable race, or that the horde will get them
>>
File: FieldMarshallKatt.png (505KB, 500x752px) Image search: [Google]
FieldMarshallKatt.png
505KB, 500x752px
>>375753709
Why bring Arthas back when Bolvar exists? Why are you fucking actually unironically buying into OP's shitty fan fiction about how Cloth wearing wizards summoning giant skeletons is a viable Tank class? Are you really this autistic to hate everything?

>>375753754
Why? Because I can accept that good and bad vidya can exist at the same time? Or because I'm not autistic about vidya and can still find enjoyment where all you see is pain. If you hate vidya so much, why not give it up and find a different hobby? just stop spending money on your computer and vidya and go into model trains or something.
>>
>>375753907
Well I don't see /v/ really working to solve the problems do I? I mean I don't mind criticizing games for not being perfect. It's this "Unconditional Surrender" type mindset that some of /v/ uses for games.
>>
>>375754291
because you have shit taste if you think the trash that game companies that have way more than enough resources to not release these awful shit games do it every fucking year again and again

why are you ok with game devs making more money than ever but releasing games that are Worse than they used to be?
>>
File: Gordon_Ramsay.jpg (169KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Gordon_Ramsay.jpg
169KB, 853x1280px
>>375754291
So being critical means you should just leave? Come on man, you can't live like this.

When you care about something, you are invested enough to wish for that something to be as good as it can be. Do you tell people to just leave their country if the political system is not the one they want? You say he's an autist but you seem to be eager to argue when you very well know this website has been like this for years, why not leave then?
>>
>>375741739
>>
File: Shill Card.jpg (39KB, 800x447px) Image search: [Google]
Shill Card.jpg
39KB, 800x447px
>>375753860
>>
>>375754291
>Why bring Arthas back when Bolvar exists?
To sell the game to the teenagers... just like with Illidam. Arthas is the icon of whole Warcraft Universe.

>Cloth wearing wizards summoning giant skeletons is a viable Tank class?
I didn't buy it. But the Arthas thing is plausible
>>
>>375754257
>>375754086

I'll never understand the interest in Vrykul. They're fine as a side race but if we got fucking tall humans as a new race (especially for Horde) I'd be incredibly disappointed. Give me ogres or naga or something else actually cool.
>>
>>375754646
Why do you assume I'm going to care about what you think about what I play and enjoy on a daily basis?
What is /v/ doing to solve the problems of vidya that isn't just sitting together and calling each other shills or reddit? In the year I've spend on this board I never understood why do the people here think acting so cynical all the time is healthy? The only healthy threads are the filename threads and shit like it where you can have fun posting when it isn't your weekly /pol/bait thread or the 10 threads about the next upcoming video game and how it'll either be the best ever or how BTFO it was.
>>
>>375751870
>Level 108 is random as fuck
It's 108 because you level up twice in the starting zone. Same with DK and DH I believe.

>Vrykul and Ogre races make no sense
Vrykul make sense, Ogres don't. It should really just be subraces though.

>Draenei Warlocks? Pandaren DKs? Necromancers as well. It goes against their entire cultures and beliefs
Draenei Necromancers were in BC. Warlocks make sense given that the Legion is about to be destroyed. There was a Pandaran DK already in WoD, and they're getting a new starting zone anyhow.

I don't believe this shit for a second but your complaints don't make sense.
>>
File: 135427002.jpg (19KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
135427002.jpg
19KB, 340x340px
How do you guys still like this shit? Metzen's lore is a fucking circus.
>>
File: 1491222682002.jpg (20KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491222682002.jpg
20KB, 450x600px
>>375754719
>You say he's an autist but you seem to be eager to argue when you very well know this website has been like this for years, why not leave then?

I know this whole place is like a Catch-22 hell. You can't argue with them because you'll never win or help them understand why /v/ holds an unhealthy mindset towards vidya, but if you don't argue with them, then they just assume they won the argument and continue acting the way they act.

As for me being here, there's no other vidya forums on the internet I'd rather be, other than a certain forum that I'm perma'd from because of me being autistic during the recent American election. So if I'm here and arguing, I might as well attempt to argue since it's better than just giving up and letting them have it.
>>
>>375755000
Arthas is a bitch though. Legion literally has his soul hanging out in the DK's weapons talking shit, and you get them by killing his soul again as he's all like "THE DARKNESS I CAN'T CONTROL IT ARGHG".
>>
>>375755280
He doesn't even write for Blizzard anymore. He just comes occasionally to voice Thrall or something.
>>
>>375755029
Alot of people see the Vrykul as the Faction equalizer.

By giving them to the horde faction balance will finally be achieved because of the Hummie players now have a alternative to play the other faction.

People want Vrykul for the Horde and Naga for the Alliance.
>>
>>375754774
>He thinks Blizzard would animate Nerubians.
Remember what happened in the first place.
>>
>>375755589
>the Faction equalizer
Weren't BE enough of a "pretty race" for Horde already?
>>
>>375752205
>you would essentially have to gut Unholy in its entirety
"As Death Knights can only tank and DPS it made no sense for them to continue to have three specs. In <new expansion> Blood will be the tanking spec and Frost will be the DPS spec. Unholy has been removed."

Not that I think any of this is true, but a quick look at cataclysm through legion shows that blizzard has no problem paring down the game in the name of "simplifying" it (making it smaller and easier for them to develop with the intern team keeping the project alive).
>>
>>375755630
Just make a new version that's easier to animate and write some shitty lore to back it up.
>>
>>375739682
Why would you waste your fucking time writing all this up
>>
>>375755260
>Ogre's don't make sense
they make way more sense than the vrykul

horde already have an ogre faction associated with them while there is literally no reason a vrykul would be part of the alliance
>>
Arthas is actually in legion, so I wont doubt this. They're obviously setting bolvar up for something. But I doubt itlll be this soon. Old gods are next
>>
>>375739682
i only played wow the first year it was out, did i miss anything these past 12 years?
>>
>>375756068
I mean for the expansion OP outlined. Ogres clearly have nothing to do with any of that, while the Vrykul do and it would make sense to add them.

For the Horde either Nerubians or Naga would make way more sense.
>>
>>375739682

Fake as hell. Legion still has at least another year left in it. 7.2.5 isn't even out yet, Tomb of Sargeras is next month, and 7.3 isn't even in PTR stages yet. Blizzard won't announce 8.0 until at least next Fall.

>Starts at level 108

Slightly believable with the hero class as it falls in line with the alternating race - class - race - class since Burning Crusade. Also, the suggestion of a ranged class being next makes sense as every new class since Wrath has been melee-based.

>New Alliance race: Vrykul

Never gonna happen. It breaks lore because Vrykul are so rare in the current timeline. If the Alliance would get a new race, it's going to be a sub-race of a current Alliance member. Dark Iron Dwarves are more likely to happen.

>New Horde race: Ogre

You'd have to completely retcon what Ogres are for this to make sense. They're too big to be a playable race. If it is a new sub-race of Ogre-like beings, I'd believe it. But currently Ogres wouldn't be a good candidate for playable race.

> Pandaren Death Knights, Night Elf Paladins, Draenei Warlocks, Draenei Rogues

Pandaren wouldn't be DKs because there is no real source within the lore of where new Death Knights would come from. The Val'kyr are either gone or enslaved by Sylvanas attempting to raise only new Forsaken.

Night Elf Paladins make no sense.

Draenei Warlocks go completely against their cultural beliefs and what they stand for. If Draenei would be Warlocks, it would be because if events on Argus lead the Eredar to join the Azerothian ranks. And they would more likely join the Horde than the Alliance due to their rivalry against the Draenei. Also, Draenei Rogues make zero sense.

>Main villain is the Scourge, but also Naga and Old Gods

I'd believe it. There's plenty of evidence saying Queen Azshara may be plotting something since she has Neptulon imprisoned.

1/2...
>>
>>375755589

>faction equalizer

Blood Elves did this over 10 years ago.

Alliance can take the shitty Vrykul, give Horde Naga.
>>
>>375756207
Nope and you shouldn't look into it anymore. Leave us to our pain
>>
>>375755807

A spec has never been removed, DH never had a 3rd spec. Blizz is incredibly lazy but there's no way they would literally remove a spec, people would be assblasted.
>>
>>375739682
necromancer class would be totally against lore since most of them are mortal members of the cult of the damned (neutral evil and enemies of everyone besides scourge). death knights are already necromancers to a degree anyways.
>>
>>375739682
>- New level cap 120
>- Starts at level 108
>- Range class
>- Wears cloth
>- 3 specs
>- Torment, DPS, very similar to Warlock, usual spellcaster, using a lot of Shadow Magic, summoning skeleton armies
>- Soulstealer, healer, that heals by „stealing the souls“ of the enemies, siphoning life from them to heal party members
>- Boneweaver, tank, summons a huge skeleton that serves as a tank
>- New Alliance race: Vrykul
>- Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight, Druid, Monk, Priest, Necromancer, Hunter, Shaman
>– Everything except Mage, Rogue, Warlock and Demon Hunter
>- New Horde race: Ogre
>- Warrior, Death Knight, Priest, Necromancer, Mage, Warlock, Hunter, Shaman
>– Everything except Druid, Rogue, Paladin, Monk and Demon Hunter
>- New class race combinations
>- Pandaren Death Knights, Night Elf Paladins, Draenei Warlocks, Draenei Rogues
>- Main villain is the Scourge, but also Naga and Old Gods
>- Death Knight and Demon Hunter starter level raised to 108
>- New starting zone for Necromancers, Death Knights share it
>- Starting zone is a phased Icecrown Citadel
>- Continent is a revamped Northrend
>- All old zones are revamped and 5 new zones added, plus 2 starter areas for new races
>- Azjol-Nerub, underground zone that spans from Dragonblight to Icecrown
>- Ny'alotha, island raised from the sea floor, old god influence
>- Nazjatar, capital of the Naga, underwater zone
>- Frostmaw, snowy area with heavy Scourge influence
>- Asgard, titan-influenced zone
>- Vyllenheim, Vrykul starting area
>- Mag'rall, Ogre starting area

This shit never reads like it was written by a fan but a shill.

I wonder why.

>"""""Leak"""""
>>
>>375739682
>no ogre rogue
why did you spend this much time LARPing?
>>
>>375739682

Nice fan-fic blanco nino
>>
>>375756510
>Never gonna happen. It breaks lore because Vrykul are so rare in the current timeline.

But Vrykul are fucking all over. If they wanted to bullshit a justification for it, it could be that the Northrend Vrykul and Stormheim Vrykul reunite.
>>
>>375755798
Nope there are still more alliance then Horde
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

I'd say there are 20% more alliance.
>>
>>375756510
>Queen Azshara may be plotting something since she has Neptulon imprisoned.
He's free though. He was summoned to work with the Shaman order Hall for their story line.
>>
File: 1478931868893.png (449KB, 484x619px) Image search: [Google]
1478931868893.png
449KB, 484x619px
>>375739682
>>375739786
>Orge warrior
I know this is bullshit but my dick is hard anyway
>>
>>375739682
>Draenei Warlock
That's bullshit but Blizzard is stupid enough that I believe it.
>>
>>375739682
it's certainly not any more fanfic tier than wod or legion
>>
>>375756510

>You'd have to completely retcon what Ogres are for this to make sense. They're too big to be a playable race. If it is a new sub-race of Ogre-like beings, I'd believe it. But currently Ogres wouldn't be a good candidate for playable race

You're retarded in a different way from OP, but no less so.

Ogres and Naga are the two safest bets for race addition. You really don't think Blizz would just make them Tauren-sized? Tauren should be larger if we cared about lore, and faction leaders shouldn't be 15 feet tall, but here we are.
>>
>>375756804
>Total Characters: 1,590,011

jesus christ when will WoW die
>>
File: 1493461893909.jpg (49KB, 632x775px) Image search: [Google]
1493461893909.jpg
49KB, 632x775px
>>375739682
>still can't become undead paladins

LMAO

Also hopefully I will not jump into this garbage like I did the last expansion. But my friends are so gullible...
>>
>>375756510
>Pandaren wouldn't be DKs because there is no real source within the lore
But the OP outlines a new source for them in the lore. Hell, there was a Pandaran DK in WoD.

>Night Elf Paladins make no sense.
There are literally two Night Elf Paladin followers in the Paladin class hall right now.
>>
>>375756872
Didn't they say Naga couldn't be included because it'd be hard to model armor on them?
>>
>>375756937

https://realmpop.com/us.html

Obviously there aren't 1.5m chars, even this website is a low estimate. WoW had 12 million players at one point and most players have made several characters, I'd bet the number is 100m+
>>
>>375757004
>night elves have followed the goddess elune for centuries
>never leads them astray and helped them literally save the world during the sundering
>"hey guis lets follow the light now, fuck elune the light has plate armor"
yeah no
>>
>>375757097

Several races already have fucked-up shoes, I have no doubt if they wanted to they could. Leg texture would presumably be wrapped around their lower body. Sure it wouldn't look great but that's obviously not a limiter, look at fucking Worgen armor.
>>
>>375757256
The Night Elf Paladin follower literally yells "I fight in the name of Elune" and has Elune themed abilities.

Following Elune doesn't mean not using the Light.
>>
>>375757256

I'd love to agree with you but they added NE mages so I don't think blizz gives a shit.
>>
File: 1492907599401.jpg (60KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492907599401.jpg
60KB, 1014x1024px
>Ogre race

I have to admit, I would resub just for this.. Fucking kill me already.
>>
>>375757097
there's a lot of good potential races that fall under this category

here's a list with pros/cons:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Race_ideas

I've always thought furbolg should have been the cataclysm race instead of worgen. the worgen should have been an optional variant for humans and night elves.
>>
>>375757478
why isn't he a druid in bear form then?

it is just unnecessary and trying to pander to fans who would probably want humans to have druid class and orcs to have paladin class.
>>
>>375758476
>why isn't he a druid in bear form then?
Because she was a Priestess of Elune before becoming a Paladin of Elune. Bitch just uses a hammer instead of a bow.

If you want to get pissy it should be about the other Night Elf Paladin follower, who is both ancient and fucking UNDEAD.
>>
>>375757713
It's a sexual thing isn't it? Fuck, you are such a degenerate.
>>
>one extra druid race for Alliance and not for Horde

That's how you know it's fake.
>>
>>375739682
>necromancer
>every race

undead raising undead...there's a yo dawg joke in there somewhere
>>
>>375759009

Pretty sure all catposters are degenerates
>>
File: 1493475092759.png (407KB, 841x407px) Image search: [Google]
1493475092759.png
407KB, 841x407px
>>375759009
No, I just always loved ogres in Warcraft.

Here's a fetish of mine though.
>>
File: 1474929002884.gif (500KB, 240x209px) Image search: [Google]
1474929002884.gif
500KB, 240x209px
>>375739682
>still no belf shaman
>still no belf druid
>still no undead druid
>>
>still no undead paladin

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>rehashing old bosses, and zones again
Holy fuck
>>
File: 1492267989859.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492267989859.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>375741739
>>
>>375739682
this is beyond pathetic
kill yourself already
do the world a favor
>>
File: 1475173884521.jpg (37KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1475173884521.jpg
37KB, 604x453px
>>375759448
>go back to Northrend
>receive mail
>CHAMPION YOUR PRESENCE IS REQUIRED AT THE REOPENING OF THE ARGENT TOURNAMENT
>Mythic Trial of the Grand Crusader
> Mythic+ Trial of the Champion
>new black knight that turns out to be an undead Tirion Fordring carrying the shitty new corrupted Ashbringer
>>
how THE FUCK ARE SO MANY RETARDS
REPLYING TO OBVIOUS FANFIC
FUCKING REDDITORS ON MY /V/ GETTTT OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>375739682
>another expansion announced less than a year after the last one launched
>necromancer
>every race
>pandaren death knights
>draenei warlocks
>all this other shit

Literally never.
>>
>>375760454

This. I'm actually feeling secondhand embarrassment from this thread. This is like hearing a grown adult tell people that his dad works at Nintendo and hacked his game to give him Mewthree or something. One post would have been pathetic enough but he typed out multiple full posts of this shit.
>>
>>375740989
>stupidest shit I've ever heard
unlike TIME TRAVEL?
>>
>>375761624
blizzard said during wod developent they work on 3 expansions at the same time
dunno if it was a interview or what
>>
>>375739682
>ogres
>necromancers
please be real.
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.