[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are now the president of Nintendo's Switch divison.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: Capture.png (5KB, 390x129px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
5KB, 390x129px
You are now the president of Nintendo's Switch divison. Your only task is to make the Switch into the most popular and bestselling console of all time. How do you proceed?

>you will be killed if you fail
>>
they did that already
>>
Take Two.
>>
>>375730784
what?
>>
>>375730637
I resign immediately and put Miyamoto in charge.
>>
>>375730867
but anon, if you do that you will die
>>
>>375730637
Smash a mirror and slice my neck because I've already lost.
>>
Make joycons compatible with smartphones and make compatible games.
>>
>>375730637
put all the money into marketing and hype it up like mad, tie up with hollywood and TV studios to shill it for me, set up a secret subliminal neuroprogramming divison with my leftover money to make mind control advertisements that force people to go out and buy it
>>
Remove kiddie games
Buy third parties
Buy exclusives
Metroid TV show
More ads
More mature colors (like dark black)
>>
Free online, voice chat, pay for third party developers at first (call of duty)
Virtual console nes, snes, gba, gamecube, wii.
Port smash brothers, make a mainline pokemon game and an ocarina of time remake.
>>
>>375730637
easy as pie. sell the switch without any extra junk (dock, joycon grip, etc) for $200

or make a new Switch Slim without detachable joycons and amiibo bullshit and sell for $150
>>
>>375731214
>compatible games
you mean games that can be run on smartphones or a smartphone controller app?
>>
Hold a battle of wits where the cheekiest anons compete for a job as a twitter shitposter like Wendy's or Sonic, and tell her to target Sony and Microsoft.

Twitter mascots is all the rage today.
>>
>>375731430
>Remove kiddie games
hey fuck you man, don't touch my kiddie shit
>>
>>375731442
>make a mainline pokemon game
a GOOD pokemon game will be enough, you won't need to do any of the other shit
>>
>>375730637
Make Nintendo the biggest DudeBroMachine in existence.

SPORT
COD
NEED FOR SPEED
GEARS OF WAR WITHOUT WOMEN PROTAGS
HALO FROM BUNGIE
Shit ton of FPS from third party developers
>>
>>375730637
No one's gonna surpass PS2 sales, emulators were trash back then and PS2 was easy to hack. Piracy was one of the reasons the console was such a big hit in 3rd world countries.
>>
>>375730637
I'll give a serious answer, and that is to appeal to hardcore fans as well as normies

- Lock down Monhun, SMT, NMH and other third party exclusives
-Commission From to make their own take on the Souls series for Nintendo , a la Bloodborne for playstation
- Make the next mainline pokemon for Switch and give it BotW/XCX tier world to explore
-Show me some classic first party franchises like Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime 4, Golden Sun, etc. on the Switch
-Focus on making the online infrastructure actually good and have all that shit out by the end of the year
-Drop joycon/pro controller to $60
-Drop Switch price to $250 by the end of the year, or start selling $300 ones bundled with a game
-Show me them games at E3 (inb4 hurr Nintendo's not at E3)

That's really all they have to do.
>>
>>375731896
there's women protags in GoW? no wait, I don't want to talk about it
>>
>>375730637

Change the price of the console to $10.
>>
>>375731914
This
Sony always wins baby
>>
>>375732125
those are actually good points but also things I don't think they will ever do
>>
>>375731621
Games that can be run on smartphone I mean, best way to make switch more "succesfull" is too discard the switch, exclusively develop for smartphone and make joycons smartphone compatible.
>>
>>375732332
so you mean like, using the switch as a videogame server and then remotely project it's screen onto the phone? that's sounds cool
>>
>>375731430
>More mature colors (like dark black)
Whoa dude, slow down, you'll scare the kids off
At least use light black
>>
>>375732516
>scare the kids off

don't kids these days like dark and edgy things?
>>
I embezzle all the money, fake my own death and flee to a secret cocaine palace in some south american jungle
>>
>>375732306

I think the price drop stuff and first party stuff is realistic. I know we'll be seeing a "real" metroid game again at some point. The third party stuff is already announced, but yeah, the commissioning From thing isn't gonna happen.

I also would add making the eshop conducive to indies and flesh out the virtual console. There's really no reason the Switch can't be a portable indie/Nintendo history machine. They really just need to get the prices down, shit on the eshop is stupidly overpriced.
>>
>>375732494
Nah, make customized joycons for every smartphone size and give them the ability to be fused to a smartphone just like they can currently fuse with the switch screen.

Then you make Smartphone Zelda/Mario/Pokemon that require joycons to be played.

And then you drown in money.
>>
>>375730637
cancel it.
>>
Free online
Classic local multiplayer virtual console games now with online (Smash 64, Melee, Starfox Armada, FZERO GX, Custom Robo, etc.)
More weebshit for Japan
Fund Pokemon mainline and new 3d RPGs for Switch
>>
File: switch-virtual-console-launch.jpg (108KB, 960x528px) Image search: [Google]
switch-virtual-console-launch.jpg
108KB, 960x528px
It's a stretch but I would love Nintendo to have a total reinvention of how virtual console is handled.

One of the ideas I have is to make a "VC Prize Machine". Pay 50 cents and you are given a random NES title. Sometimes it may be a classic, other times it could be shovelware. Same could go for the other consoles too. $1.50 would get you a random snes game and $2.50 would get you a random N64 game. Keep in mind you would get a random game from the whole library so while 2.50 may sound incredibly cheap for modern Nintendo, the chances of getting something like Mario 64 is pretty slim.

Maybe even take it a step further and make little games to play to get the software. A pachinco type game where multiple SNES games are laid out at the bottom, and you try to drop a ball on the one you want. $1.50 per play.
Think of it like the Smash Bros trophy room, but instead of trophy's, virtual console games.
It could put the new club Nintendo coins to use too. 1 club nintendo coin = 1 play for an N64 game

This system encourages having a collection rather than a few selected favorites. It also makes the games much more accessible and I don't think it's out of the question for someone to realize they are bored, and decide to drop a quick 50 cents for a random experience.

As a result of the games becoming more collectable and common, instead of each one appearing on your home screen, you would get a "Nintendo Virtual Collection". Instead of each game taking up a whole spot, it would be a little drop down menu or folder.

Of course all the virtual console games would still be available for individual purchase, but at a more expensive rate. More in line with the ones we had on the wiiu
>>
>get monster hunter and pokemon games so japanese can play on the go
>get GTA6 and FIFA so normies can play them on the go
>get jap games like KH3 and FF7R so weebs buy it
>make more party games like 1-2-switch and jack in the box so people who dont play games have a reason to buy one

lmao at how out of touch you guys are, honestly nintendo shouldnt waste their time and money on shit like metroid just look at how star fox 0 turned out didnt sell shit and was mediocre
>>
>>375733142
this

if they cancel it now they can always say the Switch sold amazingly.

letting it live is just going to end up like the Wii U where it sells really well in the first couple months and then jackshit for the next 5 years.
>>
>>375730637
>of all time
Your only option is to somehow create a gigantic library and make pushes into the third world. Even completely cloning it it's very unlikely you'll surpass the PS2. The task is insurmountable.
>>
File: IMG_0987.jpg (20KB, 247x214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0987.jpg
20KB, 247x214px
>>375730637
I cut ties with Altus, forcing them to move Shin Megami Tensei to PlayStation in an attempt to bring back the golden era of SMT back when they made games for PlayStation 2. Sure I'll die, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice
>>
>>375733219
isn't GTA6 more of a living room game? don't think normies will enjoy it on the switch's graphics engine
>>
>>375733436
you have no idea how marketing works. people will buy it just for the novelty of being able to play it anywhere
>>
>>375733209

It should be a simple subscription. I pay $10 extra bucks a month on my online fee, I get complete access to every game on the VC. Simple as that.
>>
>>375730637
>get fallout 3 and 4 released on it like skyrim
>get a persona 20th anniversary box set with 1-4 all in HD
>Get a SMT 25th anniversary box set with all the games remastered
>get a persona 5 port to switch
>Get psychonauts 2 ported to switch with Psychonauts 1 remastered
>make a ds/3ds game accessory like the game boy player for the switch
>make a gameboy player for the switch
>Make a disk player addon for the switch for wii and gamecube backwards compatibility with NO REGION LOCKING
>get Sonic Adventure 3 and Shenmue 3 as exclusives
>Shenmue 1 and 2 HD with shenmue 2 having the best out of the dreamcast and xbox merged into one.
>get activision and infinity ward to release COD Modern Warfare remastered trilogy with all DLC on launch and restrict the xbox and ps versions so our version is superior
>Release Black ops 1 and 2 remastered with World at War remastered as some more incentive to switch
>get a port of gta 5 with all online dlc and have there be exclusive dlc for this version only like a mario kart dlc or some shit idk
>bring a few racing games exclusive to the switch and exclusive sports titles
>Get sierra to release Nascar Racing Season 2018 with all gen cars available at launch for the hicks to eat it up and online
>Sports games like MLB Slugfest and NFL Blitz get a new entry to the series only on switch
>Get a hardcore NHL hockey game like nfl blitz and a good NBA game as well
>Get the Virtual Console to have all dreamcast games for download along with saturn and genesis
>>
>>375733827

* meant $10 bucks a year, not month.
>>
>shitendo
I prefer stay a neet.
>>
>>375730637
Get Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing, and any other popular 3DS game series on the Switch.

Cut hd rumble and try to put tech into the Switch to make it a bit more powerful without raising the cost. Woo 3rd parties into putting more of their games on the Switch while having Nintendo continuously pumping out their own games for it.

Release a massive VC library with slightly lower prices.

Either get rid of paid online or offer free online and paid online with the paid online being better and offering perks like free games.

Keep advertising it.
>>
Make the Switch version of the New Nintendo 2DS XL
>>
File: 924.png (324KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
924.png
324KB, 600x403px
>>375731430
>More mature colors (like dark black)
>>
>>375730637
Pokemon Snap 2 and Pokemon Stadium 3 with online/multiplayer support.
>>
>>375733436
chinatown wars sold a shitload across psp/ds/phones
enough people bought liberty city stories/vice city stories that they got ps2 ports
gtav can run on toasters, a switch port wouldn't be too hard i think
>>
Pokemon S
Monater Hunter S
Metroid S
Pikmin S
Smash S
F-Zero S
Mario Party
Warioware
Zelda: Below the Wilderness
Whatever the fuck we desire to release to the millions from here on...
>>
Pokemon game.
>>
Remake Pokemon Red and Blue for it.
>>
File: 1493521059801.png (334KB, 681x431px) Image search: [Google]
1493521059801.png
334KB, 681x431px
>>375730637
Esports.

>ARMS for the FGC
>Splatoon 2 for the shooter scene
>viral advertising through anti-Switch salt and competitive teams grabbing sponsors
>actual advertising through hosting tournaments and streaming them
>>
Hrm, well, first I'd just let it keep selling. Right now it's selling really well, so no need to change much.

One thing I'd do is start local, Smash, Mario Kart, and Splatoon 2 tournaments all over the US and Japan. What I mean is that card shops regularly have Magic the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon TCG tournaments on Friday and Saturday nights. I'd offer incentives to places like card shops to start holding tournaments for Switch games. Prizes for locals would be something like digital currency for the virtual shop, or maybe collectable figure trophies/amiibos. Those who are really good would be invited to the Nintendo World Championship at the end of the year to compete for money and prizes. This would push one of the Switch's more interesting aspects (local-multiplayer) as well a show the system to non-owners (people at the shops), and build a community. I'd also add one or two third party games (ones that can be played competitively) to the mix every year to help third party relations and keep things fresh.

I'd also have NoA pushing hard for the staple western third party games (CoD, Madden, GTA etc) even if that meant paying for the ports out of our own pockets. I'd also secure exclusives similar to Bayonetta 2 by funding promising looking projects that were not going to be funded in the first place to come exclusively to Switch. I'd also be trying to get collections of older games (Mass Effect, Darksiders I & II, etc) because while they may not have been attractive to play on Wii U, being able to play them on the go would be a whole new selling point for a lot of people.

I'd start a Switch trade in program with Gamestop. Every two or three years I'd release a new and better version of the Switch with a newer Tegra and more RAM, I'd have a program for people who already bought the original to trade in their old Switch tablet for a big discount on the new version, making upgrading to the new generation of Switch trivial.
>>
>>375737890

Cont.

Lastly because I'm getting bored thinking about this, I'd start a subsidiary company called Indig Games. Nintendo is known for family friendly games, so suddenly doing a flip on that might cause damage to our image. So I'd do what DC Comics did and create another company (Vertigo was theirs I believe) to release games a bit more mature under. Indigo would make games that would fall under M ratings (though I'd get them to be classy about it and not go nuts) for those who don't like Nintendo's typical colorful adventures. You would likely see a new Eternal Darkness and other more mature oriented games coming from them.

I have more shit I could toss out, but I'm tired of writing. But these are some of the things I'd do.
>>
>nes/snes/gb/gbc/gba/n64/gc/wii/wii u digital libraries
>nes through gba $5-10 games
>gc/n64/wii/wii u $10-25
>new metroid fps
>dk64 successor
>smash racing
>pikman 4
>pokemon stadium reboot
>drawn to life/scribblenauts crossover
>kirby third person platformer similar to mario 64-sunshine

Keep in mind that this is only for profit. Dont care if im rehashing with new titles.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.