[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>game is about fighting aliens oppressing humanity >vast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: Half-Life_2_cover.jpg (67KB, 300x428px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_2_cover.jpg
67KB, 300x428px
>game is about fighting aliens oppressing humanity
>vast majority of enemies are humans
>final boss is a human
I thought I was playing a sequel to half life, not call of duty.
>>
>>375727087
>Most enemies are humans
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>375727087
There is exactly ONE human enemy on the entire game, Breen. HL1 however, has plenty of human enemies. Fucking anti-HL2 scrub, that barely played the game, but feels entitled to have an "opinion".
>>
>>375730435
>What is civil protection
>>
>>375730435
Combine Soldiers might be transhuman but they're still effectively human. They look like humans, move like humans, and fight with human-like guns. They are aesthetically and effectively no different from any other human soldier sort of enemy in any other video game.

I don't think there's anything wrong with this, personally, but OP does have a point.
>>
>>375731268
they literally aren't humans
>>
>>375732063
The original HL featured human enemies just as heavily, and yet HL2's problem is that it features humanlike enemies?
>>
>>375732156
Nigga you dumb. CP's were humans who volunteered to push and shove others around in exchange for preferential treatment- they're still unaugmented humans.

Soldiers are the ones who get their memories wiped and are turned into cyborgs.
>>
>>375727087
Did you simply forget that you spent at least half of your time in the first game fighting marines?
>>
>>375727087
>game is about fighting the evil oppressive colonists

SJWs need to fuck off already
>>
File: Mirt.jpg (108KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
Mirt.jpg
108KB, 400x395px
What was his endgame?
>>
>>375732063
You literally fought regular ass humans throughout HL1, so OP has no fucking point at all.
>>
File: 1488686471683.jpg (37KB, 319x326px) Image search: [Google]
1488686471683.jpg
37KB, 319x326px
>>375727087
>expecting sequel to half-life
>where half your enemies are fully human united states soldiers
>>
>>375732156
Yes they are. Every Combine soldier is a human or transhuman.
>>
>>375733281
>>375732547
Tell OP, not me. I've played both and I'm aware of that fact. That's why I said I, personally, didn't see anything wrong with HL2's human enemies. It was just more HL1.

We're all probably posting in a bait thread anyway
>>
>>375732547
>just as heavily
I don't know about that, there were a whole lot more non-human enemy types in HL than there are in HL2.

HL has
>vorts
>headcrabs
>barnacles
>houndeyes
>bullsquid
>alien grunts
>tentacles
>itchyosaurs
>snarks
>gargantua
>alien controllers
>gonarch

HL2 has
>headcrabs
>barnacles
>antlions
>antlion queens
>striders
>gunships
>dropships (hardly an enemy really)
And I think that's it, and half of these enemies only show up during a few short moments in the game whereas many of the HL enemies like bullsquids are present from beginning to end, furthermore all the synths are fought in these pseudo-cutscene/bossfight segments and they fucking suck and aren't fun.
>>
>>375733407
>Half Life 1 alien enemies:
>headcrab
>bullsquid
>houndeye
>gargantua
>tentacle
>gonarch
>alien grunt
>nihilanth
>HUMAN enemies:
>marine

>Half Life 2 alien enemies:
>headcrab
>antlions
>strider
>HUMAN enemies:
>civil protection
>prison guards
>combine elite
>combine supersoldiers
>>
>>375728471
>>375730435
>>375732156
>There are people in this thread who have thought for 13 years that "pick up that can" guy isn't a human
>>
>>375733806
>HL1 human enemies
>HECU
>Black Ops

>HL2 not quite "human" enemies
>Combine soldiers

FTFY
>>
>>375733575
>And I think that's it, and half of these enemies only show up during a few short moments in the game whereas many of the HL enemies like bullsquids are present from beginning to end, furthermore all the synths are fought in these pseudo-cutscene/bossfight segments and they fucking suck and aren't fun.

It's an "I never played the game but I still want to spout random bullshit because it's popular and I'm a contrarian faggot" post.
>>
>>375727087

>itt and every other thread where HL2 isn't praised to high hell
>butthurt underage who played HL2 at 13 old enough by now to post on vee
>>
File: 1492696011799 (1).jpg (20KB, 306x423px) Image search: [Google]
1492696011799 (1).jpg
20KB, 306x423px
>>375735306
You fight primarily humans in HL2 though. I'm not spouting bullshit you mong, unless you think all of the combine soldiers are aliens. In which case, you're retarded.
>>
>>375734950
Overwatch are transhuman not aliens. Transhuman doesn't mean not human, it's augmented humans. Augs can be invasive or not but if I attach a retinel aiming scanner and a pseudo-automated turret to your shoulder you're still a human, just one with a controllable gun grafted to your ass. You wouldn't call paraplegics with robotic limbs aliens anymore than you would overwatch.
>>
>>375734950
>This isn't a human according to /v/
>>
>>375737724
Augmented with alien tech, brainwashed by aliens, rely entirely on alien technology, are entirely dedicated to defending alien interests, their faces are never seen and spout largely unintelligible speech. There's very little "human" left on them
>>
>>375738318
Yeah, sorry. Generic SMG soldier isn't a human because muh brainwashing. Got it. Very alien enemy.
>>
So, when is Half-Life 3 coming out ? I say next year :)
>>
>>375738318
good point. Though to get that good point you had to ignore that brainwashing doesn't matter it's still a human brain same for allegiances, wearing a mask isn't non human, not understanding them isn't alien, nor do they rely entirely on alien tech.

Apparently if you're a multilingual human hitting the slopes with a skimask who prefers using alien tech and realizes their society is better that makes you some sort of alien despite not at all.
>>
>>375737968
>posts picture of a non-combine infiltrator
>is retarded enough to use it in a pathetic attempt of making a point

Now where's the evidence that the combine are regular humans? Oh wait
>>
>>375739303
He'd showing a picture of a Civil Protection officer, IE Barney the motherfucking human who still owes you a drink. Retard.
>>
File: Stripped_combine_soldier.jpg (67KB, 307x709px) Image search: [Google]
Stripped_combine_soldier.jpg
67KB, 307x709px
>>375739303
>this is an alien because of the neck thing
yeah okay bud
>>
>>375739575
I don't know what planet of retards you come from, but here on Earth that shit would never be considered human.
>>
>>375739917
I know we all joke but Floridian methheads are still people too. Stop being rude.
>>
>>375727087
It's literally the most overhyped and praised game of all time.
>>
>>375742704
But anon, this isn't [any nintendo game re-released for the 20th time].
>>
>>375739303
You do realize that CPs are not augmented, human volunteers who suppress citizens for benefits right? Not even subjective.
>>
File: XbYPtPy.jpg (42KB, 499x636px) Image search: [Google]
XbYPtPy.jpg
42KB, 499x636px
>>375732156
>>375728471

I blame Half-Life 2 Roleplay in Garry's Mod for this. Only they have spread such abhorrent idea.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.