[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that it's all said and done, can we finally admit Half-Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: trash.jpg (67KB, 300x428px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
67KB, 300x428px
Now that it's all said and done, can we finally admit Half-Life 2 was HUGELY overrated?

The original Half-Life was a flash in the pan. A genre-defining masterpiece that still holds up to this day. But nothing Valve has come up with is even remotely as good.

Half-Life 2 simply doesn't measure up. Valve knows they got off lucky and subsequently they'll never make HL3.
>>
>>375717194
I agree, played them all.
But none was even remotely close to hl1 (except the remake ofc)

I think valves greatest achievement since hl1 are all dem sick Hl3 confirmed memes!
>>
No, kys
>>
The original half life wasn't even that good. It was just thoroughly alright and thoroughly derivative. What it really had going for it was just that it had relatively unique level design and storytelling. 2 being worse makes it nearly shovelware tier. I guess dumb tech demos are a step above true shovelware though.
>>
>>375717575
>none was even remotely close to hl1 (except the remake ofc)
what the fucking fuck are you saying?
>>
>>375717194
No, stop shitposting.
>>
>>375717194
>shitting on one of the legitimately good games for no reason other than being a contrarian faggot
There's nothing wrong with HL2
You deserve to have your eyes gouged out and your hands chopped off so that you'll never get to play games again and pollute their memory with your filthy opinions
>>
Yes. It is held in high regards because of the game was a pioneer for the modern physics engine and facial technologies.
>driving in the source engine
>boating in the source engine
>story or narrative in the source engine
>literal who characters the game drops in front of you and expects you to like as if they are old friends when they aren't
>>
name (1) FPS game that has come out after HL2 that has a better campaign than HL2
>>
>>375720230
Facial expression technology is a big deal. Just look at the games Bioware is shitting out to this day.
>>
>>375720365
I never said they weren't. The game made some breakthroughs for modern gaming but the actual game itself is nowhere near as good as Hl1.
>>
>>375720337
Unironically Call of Duty 4
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 565x159px)
Capture.png
14KB, 565x159px
>>375717194
Im playing it right now and all that is running through my head is
>why is this so predictable
>why is this so repetitive
Im playing on hard and it still is a drag,especially the vehicle parts.
>>
>>375720448
That's your subjective opinion. I prefer HL2's atmosphere and more varied environments, not to mention the gunplay, even without considering the Gravity gun. HL1 is very good too, though. And so is Black Mesa
>>
>>375720230
>>story or narrative in the source engine
EYE divine cybermancy and vampire: the masquerade- bloodlines
>>
>>375720230
>It is held in high regards because of the game was a pioneer for the modern physics engine and facial technologies.
Doom 3 had this before HL2 but they were dumb enough not to put it in game.
They did later in Resurrection of evil but it was too late.
>>
>>375720936
Doom 3 is a ripoff of Half Life 1. They share way too many similarities to be a coincidence.
>>
>>375717194
Point Insertion
A Red Letter Day
Route Kanal
Water Hazard
Black Mesa East
We Don't Go To Ravenholm
Highway 17
Sandtraps
Nova Prospekt
Entanglement
Anticitizen One
Follow Freeman
Our Benefactors
Dark Energy

best/worst levels???
>>
>>375721382
Maybe you are right since I dont like Doom 3 at all.
The expansion felt more like a doom game the the third installment.
>>
>>375721523
>We Don't Go To Ravenholm
Felt like a demo for L4D.

>Highway 17
>Sandtraps
Oh boy time to praise the game 11/0 IGN
>>
File: 171116hillary.jpg (53KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
171116hillary.jpg
53KB, 800x420px
>>375721523

>A Red Letter Day
>Water Hazard
>We Don't Go to Ravenholm
>Highway 17
>Dark Energy
>mfw the final boss of a game about fighting aliens oppressing the human species is a human in a tube
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.