[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you hyped for Gwent? Will it mop the floor with HeartSto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (195KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
195KB, 1280x720px
Are you hyped for Gwent? Will it mop the floor with HeartStone? Anyone played the Beta version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVbewPvzBCA
>>
I'm afraid it won't be good.
>>
>>375713776
Why are you afraid?
They were on polish Pyrkon 3 days ago and everything looked bretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqNet72FPF8
>>
I played the beta for a while. It's enjoyable but doesn't hold a candle to games like Hearthstone.
>>
>>375714157
Any chance they make it better before the Beta ends? I want to make some money on CDPR shares also as a Pole I will probably buy the game myself.
>>
Why's it called Gwent? Is it an acronym or something cause that's a hell of a weird name.
>>
>>375713223
Got into the beta. The tutorial bored me to tears and the base game play is different,just not fun.
>>
>>375714514
gwent
A name from welsh origins. Usually given to a boy who is fat and a pussy.
That's kids middle name is Gwent. I can tell he's fat, but he's probably also a pussy. I hear his number 1 rule is no beer in the car.
#fat#rule#beer#car#name#kid
>>
File: 1492917261811.jpg (191KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1492917261811.jpg
191KB, 500x377px
Yeah, I've hit max rank in the beta, stopped playing because of it and waiting for a patch to play new decks.

The game is in a pretty good state at the moment, Northern Realms, Monsters and Scoiatel have really fucking strong decks right now and Nilfgaard is a really good tournament faction for countering specific decks you are expecting (but suck for laddering).

It's good fun, I'd recommend it. Just wish they'd come out with the next patch already because there's no point playing anymore for me,
>>
File: 1489533910365.jpg (270KB, 1051x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489533910365.jpg
270KB, 1051x1200px
Just play Shadowverse you dumb faggots
>>
>>375714413

Don't listen to that retard, it's leagues better than hearthstone. Far less RNG based, more balanced and it doesn't cost you a bajillion dollars to just have the ability to get all the cards, let alone actually pay for the cards themselves.
>>
>>375713223
i played last day after a 2 months break.
holy shit. they fucked up the game.
>>
>>375714953
How?
>>375714890
Nice. I love making money on video game companies and then use that money to buy their games.
>>
File: xS6ksjrknbjq3Mtre6RZmQ.jpg (705KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xS6ksjrknbjq3Mtre6RZmQ.jpg
705KB, 1920x1080px
I'm enjoying the beta, find myself swapping between Skellige and Northern realms regularly.

I expect it will stop being easy when I get to a higher level though.
>>
>>375715052
>>375714823
stop shilling. your writing style shows you. fix the fucking dimetrium shackles and thunderbolt potion.
>>
I enjoyed the beta. It has actual strategy unlike RNGstone, particularly at high ranks.
>>
Give me back my skelliege axemen!!!1
>>
> Will it mop the floor with HeartStone?
In terms of popularity and revenue? Doubt it. In terms of being good game? Easily, but that not really saying much, HS is probably the worst CCG right now.

Played beta for a while, game seems really unique. Much more about bluffing your opponent, than other card games. No mana, no direct fights between creatures. I liked it overall, looking forward to single player campaigns in future.
>>
Do you get full refund on nerfed cards? Otherwise I won't be playing anymore since discard Skellige was hella expensive to make and seems borderline unviable after reading the notes.
>>
>>375715165

Nope.

>>375715305

Fuck faggiega, they can eternally eat a dick as far as I'm concerned. faggiega and scoiatel should burn.
>>
File: EEE.jpg (9KB, 235x205px) Image search: [Google]
EEE.jpg
9KB, 235x205px
>>375715165
>>375715165
m8 I'm not a shill. I enjoy the game and wanted to share my thoughts on it. I doubt it will topple Hearthstone, and it doesn't have the weeb audience like Shadowverse does.

I will stick with it till I get bored of it, which will probably be when the content drought hits.
>>
>>375713223
Not anymore. I was playing it since november till march.. spent like 400$ on kegs. Suddenly I realized I don't care for it anymore.
>>
>>375715615

That's fucked. How can people spend that much on a video game? Especially a card game.

I still feel bad about spending $7 on it, which I can only justify to myself by reminding myself the game is free and I've played it a lot.
>>
>>375715615
Why were you paying for cards in a fucking Beta?
You would make so much money if you invested that money in their stock, sell it and then buy cards.
>>
>>375715719
Card mania is real in this one - art is just beautiful. Besides strong cards are rare and gives you fuck ton of advantage when you start ranking up.
>>
>>375715950

The art is solid, especially for the premium's like Vilgefortz.

Way better than "Just make it glow with power" dogshit you get in Hearthstone.
>>
>>375715758
It's not a waste tho. Once we got full game - those who bought kegs in beta will get them back. Kinda interested in story mode too
>>
>button prompts in fucking card game
>le ebin trailer
>card game
I have seen all of the red flags
>>
>>375715425
Fuck you, I hate scot'tael as much everyone else but don't dare to talk shit of skelliege
>>
>>375716260
>button prompts in fucking card game
What's wrong with that?
>>
File: 1489312023991.png (58KB, 209x208px) Image search: [Google]
1489312023991.png
58KB, 209x208px
>>375716260
>button prompts
what?
What fucking button prompts?
>>
>>375716475

He needed to fill out his negatives list with inane shit so he reached as hard as he could.
>>
Apart of Gwent, any other card game might worth the time?
>>
>>375716736
Magic the Gathering RPG from 1997?
>>
>>375716736

No. Hearthstone is complete and utter trash. Shadowverse is hearthstone with a weeaboo skin.
>>
I liked it better before the big update

Now it's too complicated
Also fuck Scoiatels
>>
>>375716838
What about something unlike RNGstone and weebverse?
>>
>>375716893
>Now it's too complicated
Are you by any chance an American?
>>
The game is fun enough, but it actually looks like shit. They should have spent some more time on the looks of the game and it would have been alright
>>
>>375716736
Elder scrolls Legends is a better hearthstone mechanics wise but has bland art.

Eternal is a MtG clone that's taking advantage of the digital format, mana screw/flood are as infuriating as always.
>>
>>375717024

You can probably find some real life card games that are good, I wouldn't know though. In terms of online card games you're out of luck for the most part. Them's the big 3.

There's a guy on /v/ who is making a TCG on steam who comes here, where all the cards count as steam items so you can trade them through steam and shit, that could be cool. I've never played it though.
>>
>>375717097
>They should have spent some more time on the looks
Well, it's a Beta. You can add eye fluff after the mechanics are solid.
>>
>>375717180
Yeah, I guess so
>>
>>375717180

It doesn't even look bad to begin with. I don't know how somebody can say that when you look at it's competition. Hearthstone is cartoony shit that looks like it's made for three year olds, Shadowverse is disgustingly and shamelessly japanese as fuck. Gwent has a lot of good art and the animated versions are actually well done and unique instead of just adding glowing golden shit and calling it a day.
>>
>>375713223
Regardless of the game, that's one horrible trailer
>>
>>375717137
>Elder scrolls Legends is a better hearthstone mechanics wise but has bland art.
That is fine for me. They could have used literal Tumblr "art" and I still would play it over shitstone
>>
>>375717345
Imo Gwent really need various thematic game boards, current one looks bland and boring. Card art per se is fine.
>>
>>375717095
No, a monster main

My breed deck is fucking ruined
>>
>>375717993

Play devour, it's the strongest deck in the game right now.
>>
>>375716475
Shit Interface
>>
>>375713223
What a bad trailer.
>>
4chan went down for a minute?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.