[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've spent years trying to rationalize Nintendo since the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1493524690957.jpg (34KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1493524690957.jpg
34KB, 368x368px
I've spent years trying to rationalize Nintendo since the Wii reveal. I just can't do it anymore.

I just want a console like the pre Wii days. That is what would get me to buy Nintendo. Stop buying bullshit like the Wii U and the Switch and they'll get the hint, /v/. They will never go 3rd party. Never.
>>
There's actually less of a chance of them producing a non-gimmicky console if you don't buy the Wii U and the Switch. Graphically powerful consoles require a substantial investment and selling at a lost for several years meaning there's a huge amount of risk by making one. Nintendo isn't going to feel comfortable doing that if they're coming off of a line of failed consoles, not just because of the inherent risk, but because of the sheer capital required to kickstart a project.

I know this sounds weird, but think of it this way.

The PS3 was only as expensive and outrageously powerful as it was because the cheapshit PS1 and PS2 sold like hotcakes. Why? Because those sales gave them enough confidence to proceed with such an outlandish project.
>>
>>375706818
To add, the PS1 and PS2 sales gave them the cash required to launch a console with its specs. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I haven't slept at all and I'm trying my best.
>>
>>375706382
Yeah I can't really understand it much anymore either. Coming from someone who first played NES at 3 and owned all major consoles/handhelds up to the GCN/DS I just have no interest in these gimmick focused consoles.

At this point though I doubt they will go back to making traditional consoles, they have their own niche they are comfortable with and compete very little with Sony/MS/PC. It would be safer for them to just keep making gimmicky consoles that are not meant to compete with other platforms. They have some of the most zealous fanboys in the industry and have some of the most memorable and well known franchises in the industry. Those alone are really enough for them.
>>
File: 1493514368943.gif (2MB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
1493514368943.gif
2MB, 245x246px
>>375706818
>>375706923

So what I have gathered from your posts, is that if I want a powerful Nintendo Console I am going to have to always wait until 10 years after the competition has left the tech Nintendo is using behind.

Great. If they actually made shit I wanted, like Metroid and F-Zero, then maybe I'd complain less. But they don't. They ask "people still want that" and then shit out Federation Force.
>>
File: welp.png (124KB, 640x768px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
124KB, 640x768px
>>375706923

>Nintendo doesn't have the cash
>>
>>375707323
>Metroid and F-Zero
Don't know what the fuck they are still trying to do with Metroid. Still convinced they don't want to make a new F-Zero because Sega blew them the fuck out so hard by making the best game in the series.
>>
>>375706382
Buying a switch and only playing with a pro controller is essentially the same as owning a non-gimmicky Nintendo console. I mean, I get what you're saying, but this is the closest we'll get to just another improved Gamecube.
>>
>>375707397
>Those losses in the first two years of the PS3
Damn I knew they lost a ton of money early on that thing but god damn.
>>
File: 1484437538988.png (134KB, 1000x716px) Image search: [Google]
1484437538988.png
134KB, 1000x716px
>>375706382
I have some news for you shit-for-brains. Consoles are fucking DEAD. They are going away and gaming will evolve. You're not going to get a PlayStation 6/7 or 8.

Anothet traditonal console from Nintendo would just be yet anothet shit-tier PC rig with it's own exclusive. Woopee fucking do. Nobody would givea fuck except a retarded minority like you.

Nintendo's concept with the Switch is pretty smart. They'll carve out their little niche like they always do, meanwhile consider what becomes of the other console manufacturers who are unable to innovate and adapt to change. Microsoft are quietly moving into PC gaming. SONY are becoming more irrelevant every day.
>>
>>375707397
>xbox 5 billion (5,000,000,000) loss

How has microsoft not shut down that division yet?
>>
>>375706382
>"hardcore" audience stops buying Nintendo consoles
>Nintendo doubles down on casual pandering

Wii U was a console made for games and pandered to a hardcore audience, and it failed. The Switch has gone back to pandering to the Wii audience and it's already selling like hotcakes.
>>
>>375707941

Extremely rich and making profits now
>>
File: 1481838671570.jpg (63KB, 518x663px) Image search: [Google]
1481838671570.jpg
63KB, 518x663px
>>375706382
>I just want a console like the pre Wii days
>>
>>375707742
>Consoles are fucking DEAD
pc fags actually believe this
>>
>>375706382
>That is what would get me to buy Nintendo.

That's great anon, but they don't want just you to buy Nintendo, they want a lot of people to do it, and when they were making "normal" consoles before the Wii days people weren't buying them.
>>
>>375708176
Nigga has a point. Most industry insiders would agree that console generations are a thing of the past. One train of thought is that in the future consumers will buy a set-top box and literally stream the games - removing the need for bullshit hardware wars altogether. A newer, far more likely avenue, is that gaming will literally become just an app on a consumer all-in-one device. A PlayStation App if you like.
>>
>>375707742
Did a console kill this guys family? He is pretty angry.
>>
>>375708545
So OUYA is truly the future?
>>
>>375708851
Ouya, like VR, came too soon.
>>
>>375708117

You really rhink they made 5 billion with the XB1?
>>
>>375706382
>I've spent years trying to rationalize Nintendo since the Wii reveal. I just can't do it anymore.
Sounds like me, just swap the Wii for the N64.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.