[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Persona 5 >gives japanese laguage options >sells hundreds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: futaba-p5.jpg (249KB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
futaba-p5.jpg
249KB, 740x416px
>Persona 5
>gives japanese laguage options
>sells hundreds of thousands copies

>Nintendo seees this and adds in japanese language support

>moving forward all games will no loinger be dubbed
>no more shitter western voice actors
>western voice actor unions btfo

thank you based persona 5
>>
Better english dubs than german. Man I just replayed inFamous with german dub and I had to put it on mute because it's so horrible
>>
>>375698794
Japan has a totally different mindset when it comes to voicework. It's not surprising really with all the animation material
Other countries see it as a joke or a side gig. Live action is what 'acting' means to them, so b grade or lower do voices, and usually think they have to work on a silly or loopy voice to do it.
>>
>Nintendo seees this and adds in japanese language support
Source?
>>
>>375698913
The funny thing is, german dubs of life action stuff is mostly top tier. western cartoons are alright, but japanese stuff is the worst of the worst. I assume it's because the pacing of sentences is so extremly different. So it sounds off becasue western voice actors have to talk slower or faster than you would usually to fit the movemets
>>
I be curious to hear a Persona game voiced in languages other then English and Japanese. Since Breath of the Wild has so many other languages voiced besides English and Japanese as well.
>>
>>375699006
http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-update-out-now-version-1-2-0/

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has received a new update. Version 1.2.0 is out now on both Switch and Wii U.

>As detailed in today’s announcement covering Breath of the Wild’s first DLC pack, players can experience the game in one of nine audio languages: Japanese, English, French (France), French (Canada), German, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian, and Russian, with a different language used for on-screen text. Note that on Wii U, you’ll need to download the Voice Pack from the eShop.

Just released. It's not even mere dual audio like P5, it has nine fucking voice tracks.
>>
>>375698675
English dub was much better than JP this time around. Best examples being Ryuji, Morgana, Yusuke and Kawakami. Preferred JP in P4 though.
>>
>>375698675
Nintendo added all language support, japanese, german, french(france), french(canada) italian, german, euro-spanish, Latin america spanish, and russian
>>
>>375699193
Meh, I thought they did it for several games.
Dual audio for fire emblem never ever
>>
>>375698675

Too bad they won't undub SMT IV, SMT IV: A and basically everything else prior to P5
>>
>>375699265
Maybe if the Switch had several games they would.
>>
>>375699265
It's a start. You can begin hoping FE Switch has it.
>>
>>375698675
>games are still censored and ridden with amiibo trash
>>
>>375699959
Are you saying it's okay when persona 5 does it, given the ridiculous costume DLC prices?
>>
>>375700112
Do they come in limited physical quantities made artificially scarce and released way before you even know what costume they give you in-game requiring you to hoard several hundred dollars of worth? Didn't think so faggot.
>>
I still want a setting with mark hamill voicing goro, and everyone else is speaking japanese.
That would be a solid yakuza line-up.
>>
>>375700219
>paying for amiibos
Meanwhile the only way you can get the shitty costumes is to pay. And you can't even try them on at your friends olacd or they will lock your fucking save. Atlus drones are the fucking worst
>>
>>375700409
You're being retarded so I'm just going to let you ramble onward for now. Sad to see you act so immature when you got blown the fuck out so very hard.
>>
>>375700484
>no you got blown the fuck out!!!
No you dumb fuck. My save got locked because I had the audacity to try on the costumes on my friends PS4. At least you can share amiibos, Shitlus doesn't even fucking allow that, and they want me to pay fucking 50 bucks to unlock my save
>>
>>375700590
Whom are you quoting? Also not your blog fagface.
>>
>>375700678
>n-not your blog!
Nice to see atlusdrones still eating their shit. Bet you defended the streaming rules as well did you?
>>
>>375700809
Whom are you quoting? Are you done rambling?
>>
>>375698675
>no more shitter western voice actors

>all hail the new ear of terrible translations that are only loved by an extreme minority because muh litrul translayshuns
>>
>>375698675
Fuck Persona and fuck Atlus. The only reason they finally buckled and put in JP audio was because it got one of the worst dubs ever, and once the people over at Atlus JP heard it they shit themselves and forced Atlus USA to add dual audio.
>>
>>375701027
>muh litrul translayshuns
Haven't seen one of these recently. All recent ones are localizations text wise. Some more weeb, some less but in things that dont really matter like names etc. Everything else is localized.
>>
>>375699265
Pretty sure Awakening had dual audio
>>
>>375699193
Kinda surprised they didn't do this in the first place since all languages are on cartridges of all regions. If that practice continues we might see more of this, but I don't think they will include all languages on games that take long to localize like JRPGs, unless this is limited to western releases.
>>
>>375700590
>Trying out costume dlc

There's a detailed video for each one you dumb nigger. You got what you deserve
>>
>>375698675

Totally unrelated but what's up with shitty frame story? I'm about 8 hours in and all I can do is ask why the fuck this game needed to narrate itself as a flashback. The interrogation scenes are kind of jarring and obnoxious. Do they become important later or can I just skip them because so far all they are doing is telling me things I already inferred.
>>
>>375699051
Translated dubs should work with the original studio to adapt animation to their language. I've always thought that non-native dubs were half-assed.
>>
tms was japanese dub only, lets make that the default
>>
>>375699248
English Morgana is even more annoying than teddie
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.