[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most underrated Zelda game? The music and aesthetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 900x.jpg (129KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
900x.jpg
129KB, 900x636px
Is this the most underrated Zelda game?
The music and aesthetic are excellent, some of the most intricate pixel work I've ever seen. It plays like an updated, handheld LttP, and Ezlo is best sidekick. How come I never see this discussed? People jack off over the Oracle games all the time, but they're tired rehashes of OoT and Link's Awakening. Their gimmicks are shallow in the case of Seasons and reused in the case of Ages.
>>
same tier as Twilight Princess.
Very good games that keep getting shitted on by nostalgiafags who only like the gameboy/color & n64 games
>>
Those ghosts in the royal valley did things to my dick
>>
>>375689883
The game is so good you can't really throw shit at it without being a true contrarian.

There is nothing to discuss, the game is good.
>>
>>375689883
I'd go for Skyward Sword. Haven't played the game in about 2 years but when I was playing I was having an amazing time

>Gameplay was fun (only time where I actually liked motion controls)
>Dungeons were really solid
>Story was good for a Zelda
>Music was amazing
>>
>>375690263
I'm making my way through the series chronologically, so I've actually never played SS. I'm hoping it's not as terrible as people say, since I really like the art style, though I take every opinion that Zelda fans (in general) have with a pinch of salt now.
>>
The oracle games peaked in gameboy color. It felt flushed out and better than awakening. More content, better story, setting, characters, dungeons. It's my favorite 2d game.
It has nothing to do with oot.
>>
Every time i remember this game i remember the minish village song. Such a good OST
>>
>tfw your autism cant get over the fact that Links shield cant be seen unless you use it
>>
>>375690889
I was referring to the core time travel mechanic. When I played Ages, it felt like it was the same game I'd played twice before. LttP (albeit parallel dimension instead of time travel), Oot, and Ages all had the exact same gimmick, and Ages just felt stale. It didn't help that I had just played through LA and Seasons and had also started to get tired of the 2D Zelda formula.

I would say that Ages is better than Seasons, but the two are still my least favorite that I've played so far. At least Zelda II was unique.
>>
>>375689883
It's brain-dead easy, and very short. Still a great game with plenty of polish. Rolling in 2D was really satisfying, and it had the best companion of any Zelda.
>>
Minish Cap would be the best 2d Zelda if it didn't have fucking kinstones
>>
Minish Cap is accurately rated as completely forgettable.
>>
>>375689883
Needs obligatory giantess scene.
>>
>>375690120
I love this game, but it's not flawless. For starters, it's too short.
>>
>>375691446
I'll give you easy, but that's a common criticism of the whole series post SNES/GBC. I honestly think the length works to its advantage though, keeps it from overstaying its welcome.
>>
>>375691449
Kinstones didn't bother me too much. What did you dislike about them? I found I'd gather them naturally as I progressed, and it incentivized speaking to NPCs.
>>
>>375691764
it took away a lot of what should have been natural exploration and discovery by locking it behind a finicky and often randomized system. vines blocking an entrance should be burnable with the lantern, rather than be removed by finding the correct npc and then grinding to find the right kinstone to match
>>
>>375689883
it's one of my favorites, but Kinstones sort of fuck the exploration
>>
>>375691308
Yeah but in oot you don't use the time mechanic for most of the game like in ages.
I like ages better than seasons too, and I played both before awakening, maybe that's why I liked them more and why I felt awakening was like a bootleg of the oracles.
>>
>>375691308
Oh but I get what you mean, both lttp and oracles share the same mechanic of traveling between 2 almost identical worlds. It does get a bit tiring.
>>
File: ofabootleg.png (9KB, 480x431px) Image search: [Google]
ofabootleg.png
9KB, 480x431px
>>375693321
oracles is a bootleg of LA, but it's not like LA isn't also a bootleg itself
>>
>>375693609
Just because it uses the same engine doesn't make it a bootleg. LA plays almost nothing like FtFtBT.
>>
>>375693589
>>375693321
I guess whichever of the three you play last ends up being your least favorite. Familiarity breeds contempt. I'll give the Oracle games another try in a few years, see how I like them then.
>>
>>375689883
It is incredibly underrated. It isn't a perfect or landmark game or anything, but it has no right being as good as it is

It was my very first Zelda game, I have so fond memories of it. It got me through some traumatic situations
>>
>>375691998
I think it was a really cool mechanic
You have to talk with people around you to find bonuses but it's an option
>>
It's not. The game is bloated with a severe lack of explore levels locations, the kinstone system is godawful, and the mechanics and combat feel super janky. For Capcom doing such a great job with the oracles games, they sure differ this one. Regardless I'm sure it was someone's first and they'll defend It to the death.
>>
>>375689883
I still love LttP more, but only because he's much more harder/long.
Minish cap mechanics where really cool and added some that aren't in LttP like jumping, sword technics, kinstones...
Excellent OST, excellent world design/graphics, the ending hyrule castle + 3 vaati froms where epic, a fucking must-have on GBA
>>
And not only was it short, easy, and forced you to grind for fucking stones for exploration and then showed you EXACTLY where to go, it started the shitty "woooo evil hyrule castle" meme Nintendo hasn't been able to fucking shake, and also where the companion starts treating the player like a baby. Ezlo was only slightly better than Fi.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.