[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ALRIGHT, PRETEND IT'S THE EARLY 90's /v/. SONIC FORCES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: THE 90s BATTLE IS COMING.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
THE 90s BATTLE IS COMING.png
1MB, 1280x720px
ALRIGHT, PRETEND IT'S THE EARLY 90's /v/.

SONIC FORCES VS SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY. WHICH IS MORE PROMISING.
>>
sega does what nintendon't
>>
>>375686828
Wouldn't the mid to late 90's be a better time era
>>
what a fucking stupid question, it's obviously KNACK TWOOOO
>>
>>375686828
>Sonic forcing in Classic Sonic shit when it has the chance to go back to a fully 3D game - shows a lack of confidence that the 3D segments are going to be meaty and fun enough to be the whole game
>Mario Odyssey is returning to the sandbox style 3D Mario style like 64 and Sunshine, Mario's games have only ever been 'good' but bland at worse. Nothing stands out as complete and utter shit.

Mario, obviously.
>>
>>375686828
>WHICH IS MORE PROMISING.
Mario Odyssey looks infinitely more promising, and I say this as a sonicfag. Forces looks like a glorified expansion pack for Generations with no real improvements made despite being in development for nearly four years.
>>
im a huge sonicfag but Odyssey, no fucking question
>>
>>375686828
Odyssey, however I am interested to see what SEGA will do with Sonic Forces.

But it's like >>375687159 said
>>
>>375686828
Sonic Force is another 7/10 game while Mario is a parody of 3D world at best.
>>
Sonic hasn't had a good game in almost a decade now. SMO looks exactly like what the next Sonic game should be, but doesn't.

Somewhat hopeful for Sonic Mania though.
>>
File: laugh_1.webm (491KB, 522x716px) Image search: [Google]
laugh_1.webm
491KB, 522x716px
>3d sonic
>>
>>375689312
To be fair, every Sonic game since 2010 has been 60% 2D at the very least. Even Sega knows 3D Sonic is a joke at this point.
>>
>>375686828
so we're supposed to not know about the SOnic Cycle?

Because that's fucking impossible.
>>
>>375686828
If it's the 90's of course Sonic Forces is gonna be better because the 90's were the "try hard to be edgieste of the edgy" time.
>>
Forces will be fucking mediocre at best. Mark my fucking words.

>shoehorned Classic Sonic again and it's still a poor man's version of the classics
>especially when Mania exists and will stomp it into the fucking ground
>three fucking play-styles again as if that shit ever fucking worked in Adventure or any Sonic game

Sonic Team hasn't learned anything since like 1995. Anytime they do something good they do two more shitty things.
>>
Sonic forces looks like the same on rails garbage that has plagued the franchise since it's leap into 3d.

So I'd go with Mario.
>>
>>375688879
I dunno, anon. Sonic forces looks really mediocre. It gets worse when you play the gameplay demos next to Sonic Mania.
>>
What drags Sonic Forces down is the incredibly lackluster 2D part of it. 3D is alright, but that alone isn't enough to put it above Super Mario Odyssey in my opinion.

It's still kind of early, but the way I see it is, this just looks like more of the same. Sega being out of touch.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.