[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: God tier game concepts You hunt down cryptids and entities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: cryptids NA.jpg (160KB, 990x816px) Image search: [Google]
cryptids NA.jpg
160KB, 990x816px
ITT: God tier game concepts

You hunt down cryptids and entities around the world by various means.

Search around for rumors and legends in old American towns of the mid west.

Get wind of a research team's gruesome fate by an unknown beast deep in the amazons.

Lurk the internet to find strange stories emanating from outdoorsmen who found something strange about their friend after camping trips.

Explore the house of a spooked family who report two red eyes that look at them in the attic.

Tag along with a deep sea vessel in an area where strange whistling sounds are heard in the trenches off the japanese coast

The possibilities are endless.
>first person view for immersion
>>
> all of these as levels in the same game
>>
>>375685573
?
>>
>>375684789
>not a moba
>not a walking simulator
>not a f2p number treadmill
Good luck i guess
>>
And let me guess, after you use your detective vision/witcher senses to find them, you just circle strafe with a gun until they die? Shadow of the Colossus has you beat m8
>>
>>375684789
Chupacabra is kinda cue
>>
>>375684789
I guess it could be like a deeper LA noire or something like that with investigation and Witcher style dialogue systems.

>>375685684

Only one of those makes any sense for the concept OP posted
>>
>>375685729
Hell no. No senses or wallhacks (unless using sonar/thermo equipment, but those aren't readily usable for every scenario, mostly for deep jungle areas where you have to distinguish between heat signatures of normal animals to something bizarre)
The interactions and clues should be more like LA noire
>>
File: UltimateAngler-scrn-6.jpg (42KB, 800x300px) Image search: [Google]
UltimateAngler-scrn-6.jpg
42KB, 800x300px
>>375684789
Nintendo did it
>>
>>375685896
You understand me anon, ily
>>
>>375684789
Montanafag reporting, Flathead Lake Monster is a thing here.
>>
>>375686143
going to need a greentext story
>>
>>375686360
Have a wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flathead_Lake_Monster
>>
File: 519239ddae2268c5e6598eb657ec4727.jpg (186KB, 1280x475px) Image search: [Google]
519239ddae2268c5e6598eb657ec4727.jpg
186KB, 1280x475px
>tactical strategy game.
>you control a crew for a paranormal investigation tv show
>can hire on psychics, redneck bigfoot hunters, alien abduction victims etc. as units, but you need at least one cameraman in your squad as well.
>funding based on ratings, which involves positioning your cameramen/cameras to capture footage of paranormal entities and battles. Need to make sure there is a constant clear line of sight.
>use money to keep crew content, upgrade equipment, advertise etc.
Haven't gotten much further with it.
>>
File: wb1.png (347KB, 605x439px) Image search: [Google]
wb1.png
347KB, 605x439px
>"Tonight we're here in Red County, San Andreas, and we're gon' get in here, 'n' trap us a bigfoot!"
>>
>>375686641
That sounds like a pretty decent foundation desu. If you ditch the good graphics, you might be able to make a fun indie
>>
File: cowboy-revolver-art.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cowboy-revolver-art.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>375684789
I like this game idea, but I like it more set in like the 1880s. I like the idea of riding horses and trains to destinations and using revolutionary tier weaponry like dynamite, old colt revolvers, and early style infantry rifles. I really love the idea of some cowboy type detective going around and investigating these stories with only his wit, rifle, and horse to keep him company. Imagine almost, a witcher type game, but with no special magic bullshit, not through in universe magic or magic game mechanics like wall sense or footstep tracking.

Imagine getting off the train into a rainy Virginian evening with tales of the Mothman floating in the air.
>>
>>375684789
>Literally an Octopus

Doesn't Oklahoma have some salt water areas in their fucking backwater?

Why couldn't an octopus literally just... you know, live there?
>>
>>375687205
Why can't you and OP be in the industry? I'd kill for that kind of game
>>
>>375684789
Give me Hodag or give me death.
>>
>>375684789

>see a log in a lake
>OMG IT'S A PREHISTORIC MONSTER
>see a diseased dog or coyote
>OMG IT'S A MONSTER/ALIEN/DEMON
>meanwhile in Oklahoma
>see an octopus
>OMG IT'S AN OCTOPUS

What the fuck, Oklahoma?
>>
>>375687979
They aren't the smartest
>>
Wtf is frogman?
>>
>>375687979
sensible kek. seriously though, why is an octopus a cryptid?

>>375688354
pepe
>>
>>375684789

I've never heard of my state's cryptid.
>>
File: TVd7mk31Naqhfl_1_a[1].jpg (18KB, 480x200px) Image search: [Google]
TVd7mk31Naqhfl_1_a[1].jpg
18KB, 480x200px
>This show has 9 fucking seasons

jesus christ why
>>
>>375688874
>A bunch of stupid fat people making wookie noises in the dark for 9 years.

You can't make this shit up. But you have to admit, all that fresh air, and that sweet sweet retard money.
>>
>>375684789
Fuck all that shit, just make a cryptid fighting game.
>>
>>375688874
they can't find bigfoot
>>
>>375689524
Maybe they found Bigfoot in the first season, but they wanted to keep milking the show, so the rest of the seasons are them avoiding Bigfoot while he tries to get caught on camera.
>>
>>375690038
Greatest idea for a show ever. A 'ready to come out his shell' Bigfoot is trying to make his debut on a catching Bigfoot show, but the producers know his discovery would prematurely end an otherwise lucrative cash cow so the show is filled with obvious Bigfoot signs completely ignored by the cast and camera crew as they do their best to edit out video evidence of Bigfoot and use multiple camera angles just so they can jump to ones without Bigfoot on them.
>>
File: tpbrickcigs.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tpbrickcigs.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>375684789
>no Samsquanch in Nova Scotia
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.